How do you use the Pre-Game Editor?

I ask this question simply because, looking through posts, it's clear that many people play the game 'out of the box', and run along happily with their EURO Cup, Champions Cup etc.

Whilst I understand the copyright issues are no fault of SIGAMES, I simply find the false names hugely irritating, so here is what I do before starting FM.

I then go to the Editor and I rename all European and British competitions to the correct names.

As a Spurs fan, regardless of whether I'm going to manage them, I change the name of New White Hart Lane to The Bill Nicholson Stadium and increase the capacity, (which is around 45000), to over 60000. I can't believe we're building a stadium that's not at least competing with Arsenal! I also bring the move date forward a year or two.

I save the database, and that's the one I use for all my games.

I would be interested if anyone else has similar 'pre-game' rituals?

Generally just update a few potentials. FM is too rigid in a players capability to 'burst onto the scene'.

Harry Kane, for example, would never happen in FM. So I try and adjust a lot of the younger guys to a negative potential to vary the game up a little, whilst also reducing the potential of Man Utd reserves, because their researcher always over-rates their backup players.

Generally just update a few potentials. FM is too rigid in a players capability to 'burst onto the scene'.

Harry Kane, for example, would never happen in FM. So I try and adjust a lot of the younger guys to a negative potential to vary the game up a little, whilst also reducing the potential of Man Utd reserves, because their researcher always over-rates their backup players.

Anything that reduces Man Utd. is fine by me. However, in most of my games thus far in FM15, they never do very well. Their best players always seem to be injured or knackered. In one game they started Rooney at about 72% fitness.

Aside from my real saves, I have fantasy saves where I make different edits. Like, Cristiano Ronaldo returning to MU. Or maybe putting a wonderkind on a Vanarama N/S and starting a save and building that guy up, and building a team around him up through all the promotions. Or, put different players on different team. Like, all the best German players on Bayern. Or, all the top american players on one team in the MLS. I have a bunch of different fantasy scenarios that I create and play out.

Archived