DoF Transfer Targets permanently "on hold"

Hi guys, forgive me if this is a newbish question but I just can't find an answer anywhere! I've recently got into FM15 having picked it up in a sale. The last iteration I played was FM10, which didn't have the DoF feature, so it's all new to me. However, I can't figure out how to use it!

There are three youth players I'd quite like to sign, with values ranging from £200k to £6million, and after a few bids being rejected I just decided to let the DoF handle it. So I selected "Add as Transfer Target" on their profile. When I go to the Transfer Centre and select "Director of Football -> Transfer Targets" they're listed in there, but it says that they're "On Hold". I have made sure the expiry date is in the future (the end of the January window), set the max offer and max wage amounts to automatic... but nothing. If I click on "Start" the status changes to "Not Started", but when I go back a few days later it has returned to "On Hold" without any actual progress being made.

Now, in my staff responsibilities I have myself listed as the person responsible for finding and making offers for players in my first team. I did this because I don't want the DoF bidding for or buying players without my consent - I just want him to bid for players that I have already identified. However, even when changing that responsibility to the DoF, it still returns to "On Hold" within a few days. It's very frustrating, because I want to sign the three players to round out my squad before the window slams shut and I'm running out of time!

Thanks for any help you might be able to give :)

• 5 months later...

Archived