[FM15-Classic]Roma, to be the Italian Chivas....

BoxToBox

Never done of of these threads before, but thought it might be fun with this save.

Main Goal

This one is simple, turn Roma into a club with similar rules to Chivas. A squad of all players either Italian, or eligible for Italy. Should I sign someone eligible for Italy, and they later declare for another country, they'll have to be sold at the earliest opportunity. This will take a few seasons, as I'll have to weed out all the current foreigners too, the most recent arrivals being unable to be sold so soon. Replacing players might be tricky too, I guess. This will be a bit odd for me too, as I usually buy cheap kinds and train them up, but to start this high in the world and stay there, with these rules, means I'll have to splash the cash, especially when buying from within the league.

Sidequest!

Since I have Totti at the club, the classic False 9, I really want to make this role work in my tactic. Something I have never achieved before. At least until he retires, at which point I retain the right to switch to my preferred striker roles, or even all new tactics depending what happens squad-wise.

Roma Reigns!

My plans were too simple really. New goals. Win the TIM Cup, Serie A, Champions League, and Club World Cup. All with squads consisting entirely of Italians.

Sidequest!

If I at some point can manage to land the Italy job before this is done, I intend to win the Euros, and World Cup, using a squad made entirely of Roma players, for a fun twist on the club rules.

Roma Generations

Develop the squad into an all HG(or as close as FMC will allow) squad, and eventually, into a squad entirely from my own academy/intakes.

League: Complete.

Cup: Complete.

Champions League: Complete.

Club World Cup: Complete.

Italy

World Cup: Complete.

Euros: Complete.

Season 1, Expectations

League: Qualify for the Champions League

Champions League: Quarter Finals

TIM Cup: Not Important

Could actually be a bit tricky, to be honest, especially after chucking half the best players in my squad...

Summer Transfer Window

I'll just post a pic this time, as there's a lot of movement after happening.

65d7138f7677dfc6d3ed4e76bef50345.png

Could have got more for some, but I wanted them out quickly, and as much hard cash to work with as possible.

Notable incomings, I way overspent for Berardi, had to have him though, a personal fave from 14, Insigne too, but I was badly stuck on that wing. Quite happy with the deal for Veratti though, and Perin(though I generally dislike high ecc. keepers).

EDIT: I forgot staff transfers, Roma have excellent staff, but I brought in David Fevre as Head Physio, and Dave Parnaby as my Assistant Manager.

13 Italians in the first team squad now, hopefully I can move on Strootman in January, and Nainggolan, Iturbe etc. in January or next summer.

I don't really know how often to update, I guess after the January window, season end, and after the summer window?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will follow this B2B :thup:

Interesting that you chose to sell the likes of Gervinho and Pjanic straight away. I know that's sorta the point but seeing as you can't get rid of the likes of Cole etc I thought you'd be a bit gentler on yourself to start with. Definitely haven't done that :lol:

If you need/want a quality CM who is fairly cheap and young - look to Marco Benassi. Quality player. Likewise, Andrea Belotti is a good option for up top - Becks can back me on this one ;)

e: as for how frequently to update, would rather you did it more frequently than you suggested but obviously it is up to you. Personally I like the idea of updating at milestones, so - 10 games in, halfway mark, 10 games to go, 5 games to go etc. which means about 4 updates through the season. And then just adding in little midway notables, such as huge victories, cup progressions, records being broken, injuries, qualification for certain tournaments/knockout stages.

Ultimately it's what you feel is best though. If you think a halfway then end point update is for the best then that's cool too. It comes down to what you think is acceptable as well as not being too tiresome for yourself. With my first attempt at an FMCU for FM15 I went for monthly updates and after 6 seasons it became very, very tiresome, to the point where updating the thread was actually taking as much of my time as playing the game was.

Great idea for a save :thup:

I start and "park" loads of saves, and stopped playing a Roma save far sooner than I should; this might just be the inspiration I need to get me to continue :)

Given your successes in your most recent save, I'm expecting great things here. I love the Main Goal, and your initial transfer activity sets you well on the road. You are now spoiled for choice up front and Destro / Berardi can be lethal for years up front. With Insigne in the mix too, I assume there will be some 4-1-2-2-1 action (I call it a 4-5-1, think FM calls it a 4-1-2-3 DM or something silly now).

I wasn't aware that Verratti could be signed for such a reasonable fee, and you've made countless improvements in most areas. On my brief foray in Rome, I also found that Gervinho could attract a ridiculous fee, which is very handy for reshaping the side.

Mattia Perin :cool:

IIRC he has a crazy Eccentricity attribute, but is really well balanced in most other areas? You need a crazy keeper.

I'd like to see you a few years down the line in charge of Italy too, with an Azzurri squad packed with Roma players, winning a major international tournament :brock:

Finally you decided to start your own career thread :cool:

Some good signings there and a good start! KUTGW mate!

Cheers, I know I'm well overdue one. :D

Will follow this B2B :thup:

Interesting that you chose to sell the likes of Gervinho and Pjanic straight away. I know that's sorta the point but seeing as you can't get rid of the likes of Cole etc I thought you'd be a bit gentler on yourself to start with. Definitely haven't done that :lol:

If you need/want a quality CM who is fairly cheap and young - look to Marco Benassi. Quality player. Likewise, Andrea Belotti is a good option for up top - Becks can back me on this one ;)

e: as for how frequently to update, would rather you did it more frequently than you suggested but obviously it is up to you. Personally I like the idea of updating at milestones, so - 10 games in, halfway mark, 10 games to go, 5 games to go etc. which means about 4 updates through the season. And then just adding in little midway notables, such as huge victories, cup progressions, records being broken, injuries, qualification for certain tournaments/knockout stages.

Ultimately it's what you feel is best though. If you think a halfway then end point update is for the best then that's cool too. It comes down to what you think is acceptable as well as not being too tiresome for yourself. With my first attempt at an FMCU for FM15 I went for monthly updates and after 6 seasons it became very, very tiresome, to the point where updating the thread was actually taking as much of my time as playing the game was.

I'd have ditched Strootman, Iturbe, Nainggolan, Cole, Maicon, Manolan and Leonardo Castan, if I could have. At least one of the defenders would have been gone, had Romagnoli not been on loan already. I considered going in gently, and tbh, it's gentle enough considering the foreigners I still have. Will miss Iturbe immensely.

I have Benassi and Belotti added to my shortlist, hopefully I can get some money in January and pinch them. Belotti looks like he could also be trained to be a fine AML.

I'll try to update more often so, thanks!

Great idea for a save :thup:

I start and "park" loads of saves, and stopped playing a Roma save far sooner than I should; this might just be the inspiration I need to get me to continue :)

Given your successes in your most recent save, I'm expecting great things here. I love the Main Goal, and your initial transfer activity sets you well on the road. You are now spoiled for choice up front and Destro / Berardi can be lethal for years up front. With Insigne in the mix too, I assume there will be some 4-1-2-2-1 action (I call it a 4-5-1, think FM calls it a 4-1-2-3 DM or something silly now).

I wasn't aware that Verratti could be signed for such a reasonable fee, and you've made countless improvements in most areas. On my brief foray in Rome, I also found that Gervinho could attract a ridiculous fee, which is very handy for reshaping the side.

Mattia Perin :cool:

IIRC he has a crazy Eccentricity attribute, but is really well balanced in most other areas? You need a crazy keeper.

I'd like to see you a few years down the line in charge of Italy too, with an Azzurri squad packed with Roma players, winning a major international tournament :brock:

Cheers!

I'm indeed spoiled for choice up front, but squad depth in some areas is awful, my "2nd 11" had two out of position left backs at CM and AML, not good left backs either...

Berardi/Destro could be worth exploring a diamond at some point, but you've nailed what I'm doing for now, though I call it 4-3-3. That formation has so many names! :lol:

I was surprised by Veratti too, I was preparing to pay a lot more than I did.

I usually buy keepers with low Ecc(I've been burned in 14), but Perin has the distribution to cover for it and not boot straight to oncoming strikers or into CB's backs. Plus he's just too good not to take a chance at that price, and with Di Santics 38, without knowing if I could get Scuffet or Leali later. Or even if Leali is still good....

Would love the Italy job later, always avoided national management, before my last save, but Jamaica and the USA have changed my mind on that.

Time for a first update, ten league games in.

The league is going swimmingly, five points clear of Juve after ten games. The tactic I'm working with and the false 9/inside forward combo has been fantastic so far.

The CL is going well, second behind Chelsea with six points, two wins, and a loss to Chelsea who are on nine points.

58f17318f5ed0fd4c614fa6e922db4de.png

The Chelsea game was gutting, leading twice at Stamford Bridge, only to leave with nothing, after an 88th minute Hazard screamer from a scramble after an Azpilicueta flat bullet throw into the box(can't remember ever seeing him do these in real life).

The Juve game was of note too, taking a 0-1 lead, only to drop to 3-2 at half time. Insigne saves our blushes with a far post tap in after drifting off his marker before a cross.

Speaking of Insigne, the fans were unhappy with his signing, and I was worried I overpaid too much, but a return of 9 goals, and 6 assists in 8 starts and 3 subs has made him the star signing so far. The fans are now quite happy. Despite only being rated 2.5 stars by my staff, Bocchetti has been an iron wall, and even picked up a brace in one game. Bonazzoli has proven his worth too, despite getting only odd minutes on the tail end of games, 2 goals, 2 assists in five sub appearances.

Third of February, and the winter transfer window has closed, with me being again the busiest team in the league.

Matches

ef25fc8bf20638086d3664b04771cf92.png

Sampdoria dominated us, I couldn't do anything to claw it back, astounding.

AC Milan was worse, as I was 3-0 up after 11 minutes and couldn't hold them back. Problem was that I played my second string, as the next game was Shakhtar away and a win/in loose/out situation.

I think in most any other league in the world 16 wins, 4 draws and 1 loss would have you comfortably on top, as is, I'm 2 points behind Juve. :thdn:

Spectacular revenge on Chelsea, and the win at Shakhtar means we actually won our group. Chelsea lost at Shakhtar, as is the fashion with English clubs. Our prize is a tricky tie with Schalke.

Transfers

Out:

Kevin Strootman-45m, Man Utd came in for him uninvited, so I could run the price up, 30 cash, 15 over 12 months.

Maicon-450k,

Ashley Cole-300k,

José Holebas-1.1m,

Urby Emanuelson-850k,

Juan Iturbe-16.25m, awful deal this, really awful, but helps my goals.

Leandro Castán-Loan to Zenit, still actually waiting for this to go through...

In:

Thiago Motta-250k, 32, but should do a fine job as DM for a few seasons.

Davide Santon-9m, rotation for Darmian, but as a natural LB can cover there too.

Gabriel Paletta-4.5m, tidy CB for not a lot of money or wages.

Andrea Belotti-4.9m, hasn't scored yet, but has set up plenty an looks good so far.

Alessio Cerci-31.5m, another truly awful deal, but he's a class player and better than Iturbe overall, and again the move really helps my goals.

Marco Benassi-5.9m split/end of season, wanted to get him tied down too. Will replace Keita in rotation.

EDIT: I failed in a bid for Nicola Leali on a free, with him agreeing a new contract with Juve.

Three non Italians in my first team now, not including Castán. Nainggolan(hope the other club take his ownership), Keita(contract up in summer, Benassi to replace), and Manolas, who I'll sell in summer and bring Romagnoli in to replace.

Notes

Destro is awful as a striker in my system, but has found new life as a left Inside Forward.

Daniel De Silva, forgot about the pre-existing future transfer...

Transfer targets, not many, I want Daniele Rugani, Filippo Romagna and Simone Scuffet, all will be difficult, and I'll probably need a new LB in summer to replace Balzaretti and one more midfielder. Of course, these all depend on youth intake.

Benassi and Belotti :cool:

An awful lot of money for Cerci but he is absolute top quality so hopefully you will justify that price for him.

A solid LB to replace Balzaretti? Nicola Murru is a good shout in my opinion. Not managed him on FM15 but I think he's better than he was on FM14...and he was a beast on 14 :D

I wanted Murru this window, but he was out for 2-3 months with a hip injury.

Rescaldani is a free agent in the summer, could be a fine striker, and Italy eligible, though I'd probably be setting myself up for trouble down the line.

Late season update.

Matches

187f938b9499811b20f1987d3a3efbb9.png

The January signings provided a massive lift, and increased squad depth, which helped me overtake Juve again. Four points clear at the moment, but dropping points has let them off the hook, I could have been 8 clear only for highly disappointing games against Palermo and Cesena. Lucky to get a point at Palermo, and unlucky to drop points at Cesena.

Shocked by how easily we waltzed past Schalke, Totti was dominant, scoring the opener in the first leg, and providing all three assists in the second. Doubt I'll have such fun in the next round, Bayern are waiting.

Storming away with things, as per usual!

You always seem to progress very quickly. Are you just a Key Highlights man when things have settled in?

That's what I've always done, but lately I've been playing on Extended. Since Christmas I've had an incredible amount of free time, to be honest.

Final season update.

Matches

f2ca21eadf6ba492e83950d2d7f711d5.png

Season Review

The second string made it all the way in the cup, and needed a shootout to finish it off. Great effort.

Disgraceful end to the CL run. Don't mind being knocked out, but couldn't even claw a little pride back in the second leg, not good enough. Bayern went on to win it.

The league, obviously delight with this, as I didn't expect to challenge with such a shaken up squad(and thought was past me when Juve overtook). What was odd, was after the Bayern humiliation, the team responded in magnificent fashion, demolishing all in front of them until the league was sealed, the odd part, was as we kicked back, right after the Bayern loss, Juve got really complacent, and drew many games. Adding a loosing streak after we sealed the title. Made what was up to that point an utter dogfight look like we were runaway leaders.

Of note is the match to seal the title, the Cagliari game. Needing but a single point, we were down 1-0 at half time. Struggling to get anything going with Totti content to shoot from range. I subbed him for Belotti at the half, and his introduction changed the game completely. I was delighted that he capped the game off with the third and fourth goals himself and a well earned MOTM(which he should, but probably wouldn't, have gotten regardless of the goals).

424676956202391930daf2c7b34bf2e9.png

Star Players

Francesco Totti, regularly turning on the class at his age, at this level was nothing short of astonishing. Glad we've won a league before he retires(though he's made no plan to yet).

Lorenzo Insigne, I didn't think that he was going to be great(was desperate for a LW), the fans didn't like them. 26 goals and 19 assists later, he shut all of us up. Immense.

Domenico Berardi, brought in to back up Totti, and eventually replace him, he found himself on the wing as rotation and started in Europe(Cerci was cup tied). He handled himself with aplomb up front or out wide.

Mattia Perin, brought in to develop, back up and eventually replace De Sanctis but quickly won himself the starting job.

Federico Bonazzoli, deserves a mention, didn't really break into the first team, but would have only for Belotti, regardless he's developing at baffling pace, we get chances next season, in the cup at the very least.

Goals

Main goal, before the next window is closed, my entire first team will be Italian, with the only foreigners in the reserves Danele De Silva(as he's just arrived), and Leandro Castán, on loan at Zenit. So the main goal is pretty much accomplished, and much quicker that I expected.

Sidequest, the False 9, I've won the league with a tactic built around the role. I'll call that one complete.

So, what does this mean? Am I done with the save already?

Nope!

Roma Reigns!

My plans were too simple really. New goals. Win the TIM Cup, Serie A, Champions League, and Club World Cup. All with squads consisting entirely of Italians.

Sidequest!

If I at some point can manage to land the Italy job before this is done, I intend to win the Euros, and World Cup, using a squad made entirely of Roma players, for a fun twist on the club rules.

Table size is fine :thup:

Fantastic season. Shame about getting trounced by Bayern but for your first season that's a remarkable effort.

Do you have plans to perhaps try and localize your team so that it's not just Italians, but, eventually, Romans? Take the Roman Empire back to the top :brock:

I wouldn't mind trying, had more control over my youth facilities, so I could ask for and max my recruitment and junior coaching. Like the old Celtic team that won the European Cup with every player from within 30 mins of of Parkhead.

Would you believe it, my first intake, not one good player from Rome. :lol:

Interesting idea this. I quite like playing in leagues that force me to use a limited number of foreign players, especially as I have no self-discipline at all to prevent me signing foreign players otherwise. Congrats on winning the league straight away.

Interesting idea this. I quite like playing in leagues that force me to use a limited number of foreign players, especially as I have no self-discipline at all to prevent me signing foreign players otherwise. Congrats on winning the league straight away.

Yup, I usually end up in England with about 3 UK based players on my squad, or some such.

Congrats on winning the league and cup :cool:

Any good youth intakes?

Two so far, but some others could be better than the coaches currently believe, I've also picked a handful from other Italian clubs about the place.

These are the two.

1573a276413d219f8edff05a73a95fba.jpg

On intake day, he was reckoned to be "potentially one of the greatest players of his generation". I'm worried about a short centre back with a low Jumping Reach though, which IIRC is notoriously hard to develop(and expensive in CA points?), so I'll make him a DM Anchorman and hope he does end up special. If I thought I could get his Jumping to I'd be pretty happy to keep him as a centre back.

8c682efbc19431d0953d099c473bd6ff.jpg

If I get that Positioning developed, he should be a fine supporting full back.

Season 2 is on, the summer transfer window just closed.

Season 2, Expectations

Serie A: Win The league.

Champions League: Reach the quarter finals.

TIM Cup: Unimportant.

Disappointed that I am expected to retain the title. I was hoping for a little more flex so I could rotate more and develop my mostly very young secondary.

Champions League is fine, but my group is fairly tough, being a 3rd seed.

TIM Cup, it'll be the secondary again this season, and some reserves. I'd try a little harder to notch this off my all Italian goals if the other competition expectations weren't so difficult.

ec1bb129d4c55085cc2072f15e84af20.png

Arsenal are tough, not sure about BMG and Basel are upset specialists.

Transfers

I won't list everything or screencap, as I brought in a handful of regens, and chucked about 3/4's of the existing reserves. So here are the key moves.

Out.

Radja Nainggolan-2.6m, I didn't compete with Cagliari's co-ownership bid.

Luca Antei-2m, I threw a bid(2-300k, IIRC), but not a major one, was surprised that Sassuolo bid nearly 10 times his value at the time, so he followed all other co-owned players to the other clubs.

Carlos Carbonero-4.5m, tidy.

Kostas Manolas-4.5m, would be worth a lot more than that, if a regular save, he was a good and lightning fast CB.

Matteo Darmian-24m, Real Madrid came in unsolicited, was happy enough with it despite him being a great player, wasn't so hot going forward, and I want my right full backs to be the more attacking. I would have kept him, to be honest.

In.

Daniele Rugani-9m, a fine backup, and should grow to be a top CB.

Lorenzo Crisetig-7.5m, another fine backup, and hopefully a fine replacement DM for Thiago Motta later on.

Mattia De Sciglio-28m, a top prospect, good enough to start and far more capable attacking than Darmian. Cracked in the assist for the first goal of the season. Perfect.

Nicola Murru-4.6m, doesn't look the same prospect he did in 14, but at very worst a smashing rotation option, capable on either side if needs must(all fullbacks barring Criscito are, handily).

Simone Scuffet-26.5m, seems like cheating having both him and Mattia Perin in my squad. The future of Italian goalkeeping between them.

Bryan Cristante-24m, only came available late in the window, but I wasn't missing the chance to bring him back to Italy. I have one mid too many now. Rotation will be key.

As an aside, Juve have bought Adnan Januzaj and Geoffrey Kondogbia. I'm glad they managed to reinforce their lacklustre midfield. *swears under breath*

Mini update!

Had to post about this, as it's probably the happiest/proudest I've yet been in this save.

Playing at home against newly promoted Avellino, Nicola Murru in the 32nd minute gets sent off. It looked like a fine challenge at the time nudging a winger off the ball, and I was angry with the decision. In my rage, instead of shutting up shop and hoping to catch them on the break, I switched tactic rather aggressively. Attacking, Higher Tempo, Direct, Get Stuck In, Be More Expressive, two strikers.

No break in the deadlock by halftime, so I switched in that man again, Andrea Belotti.

fa7dd0609a133d7576b486b78c42fab9.png

10? Looked like we had 15....

As for that innocent looking nudge? After the game, I checked the report...

2a885a0d0ce640485807cd219ac17648.png

Early season update.

Matches

b1ece0e21240926be1e9639fa4f88241.png

Italy continues to baffle me. By any normal standard, that'd be considered a cracking start to the season, as is, I'm 5 points behind Juve. :lol:

All other teams in my CL group are on 3 points, crazy.

That Arsenal game was insane, down 2-0 at the half, brought on Totti at the half, behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1 and changed the game. Insigne with the winner, in the 92nd minute.

Juventus.... a bullet throw into the box that my keeper misjudges and leaves his line for the first, and a late header from the penalty spot for the 2nd. *bad words*

Napoli, 38 shots, 14 on target, 5 CCC's, 55% possession away from home. Just one of those days. A reserve I sold(as he was foreign) Carlos Carbonero won MOTM. It was the only game he's played for them all season.

Notes.

Belotti has three hat tricks so far, often a gamechanger.

Totti continues to rage against the dying of the light, and sits on 10 goals, only behind Belotti, at 39 years old. Magnificent. Not too sure if I shouldn't sign him for one more year, despite having physical attributes that wouldn't look out of place in the Conference North/South.

PSG bid for Insigne on deadline day and he showed no signs of interest in the move. Italian window closed, but not the French. PSG kept bidding, and now that I couldn't replace him he decided he did want to go. :applause: Damn lucky not to upset him rejecting their bids in the end. Later I realised I could indeed have sold him(not that I wanted to), and moved Florenzi to left inside forward, as I had a spare midfielder. Might happen in January, LvG is showing up at all my game eyeing him, I'll accept, should a massive bid arrive.

Wow, brilliant start but yet 5 points behind? :confused: How much did PSG bid Insigne for?

Juve have been a machine all season, only game they haven't taken 3 points from was a 2-2 draw in the CL with Sporting Portugal.

PSG started at 23m, IIRC, and the last in the 40-45 region, lots in addons.

February Update.

Matches

f53020c3592c175c51d6b9a13b93b78a.png

17 games won in a row after the Napoli draw, crazy. Taking up to, and including the Juve game to overtake them, mindboggling.

The Arsenal game, that was the secondary, stepped up to seal 1st in the group when I needed my starters fit for Milan, probably played better than the first team did for most of the first game.

Latina, somehow 5 goals made out of 2 CCC's, when the luck is with you....

Cagliari, 5th(our 4th) goal was incredible. Florenzi on the right touchline, passed it to Cerci, who slips it on to Cristante on the edge of the box, he slips it to Berardi, who cuts left taking all the defenders with him. Then he backheels it out of the box right as Florenzi runs toward the gap and shoots from outside the box into the space Berardi cleared! Incredible team goal. :applause:

Lazio in the cup, sent in the secondary, and they took the lead through Benassi, in the 55th minute, Crisetig gets a straight red in the 75th, two foot lunge in the centre circle. Bah. Hold on. In the 92nd minute of 92 minutes, Lucas Romero pops in his first for them, in a scuffle off a corner, Marco Parolo finished the scoring with a 25 yard wonder goal in the 104th minute.

The Juve game, I took a bit of a break before it. :lol: Berardi scores in the 5th minute, De Rossi gets clattered in the box by Vidal, Berardi steps up and lashed in his 2nd in the 12th minute. Dictated the game after that, and never looked in danger, even to their bullet throws. Bocchetti cracks thumper of one in off a 92nd minute corner. Surprisingly Buffon had a decent game, 11 shots on target and 5 CCC's, could have been much worse.

Transfers, none in, none out.

Porto to come in the CL.

Very next game, exactly a week after the January window slammed closed.

d50e65bc90a32009e9faf71185bbf243.png

Not sure how I'll cover for this. Possibly the more irreplaceable of the first eleven.

Might have to change my tactic, at least the roles, for the rest of the season.

Hopefully we can rally without him, but he was vital to my system. That said, Belotti now misses the next three weeks too, after an ankle twist in the very next game after that.

I forgot that Lazio game in the updates, one of the most mental games I've managed. First goal was De Rossi, a cracker from the corner of the box on 45min+1. Being so tight I assumed it'd continue dull after that.

I was so wrong. Florenzi with a brace 47, 48. Klose pulls one back, 54. Insigne restores the 3 goal gap with a vicious long range free kick, 59. Slows down for a few minutes, Balde Keita pops up though with a header, 69. Berardi gets hacked down in the box, up steps Totti, 74. Finally Candreva lashes a real howitzer into the top corner, 78. A nervy finish after that.

Felt kind of right that in the derby all of Klose, De Rossi and Totti scored. Probably wouldn't feel that way had we lost.

When it rains, it pours, as Belotti is close to recovery, in a CL tie with Porto, Berardi gets taken out by Martin Odegaard. He'll be out for three vital weeks.

I got angry, and switched to a heavy press and hard tackling. Ended with three of their players injured, and they finished with 9 men.

The form it took to reel in and overtake Juventus is crazy! How far ahead are you and Juve from third place?

25 and 26 points respectively, after 31 games. Juve are ridiculous, and their form has picked up incredibly lately, winning by 5, 6 and 8 goals in games the last two months.

Late season update.

Matches.

f1155a29b9c1299fc2a5792a81f9cbd3.png

The run continued on, despite injuries.

The first leg against Porto was the secondary, as I needed as many fit bodies for the league as possible, still, I felt the team sent out was better man for man and should have had a result.

Berardi had 4 goals in an epic performance against Sassuolo, little wonder he was taken out within 10 minutes of the next game.

The draws against Lazio and Atalanta allowed Juve back onto our tails, but they lost the game on the day we beat Torino(against Lazio), leaving us with a gap of 4 points now.

We have a nasty run next, Barca/Milan/Barca, but after that the last 5 league games are relatively soft, Udinese in 10th being the highest ranked. Sadly, Juves run in contains exactly 1 different team to me, somehow. They should continue further into the CL though, the smashing I'm about to receive may help me in the league, if morale doesn't tank.

Gutted about Fiorenzi injury :(

It's really hurt the team, still getting results, but more scrappy ones, lot less dynamic without him.

He's 4-6 weeks out, but it's now I needed him more than ever.

Archived