Please Stop the comebacks in this game let alone the poor one on ones

Enough is enough. I'm dissapointed to see my aston villa team loose away 7-4 to stoke. First half we were leading 4-2. Then the home team pumps 5 goals to win the game. I do accept losses and some great comebacks but seriously after several games of these type i'm fed up and i aint happy about it. I've seen the AI make some great comebacks no matter how conservative you play or decided to open up. This version is just frustrating me because even the one on ones are poor finishing. In one game i had 5 one on one's and they were all poor coming from strikers like Benteke and Gabby.

Seriously this version is frstrating me. They need to tone down the AI comeback syndrome and improve player one on one's.

Just for your information i managed to push villa to 5th position at the end of the season with no transfer made at all. I hope thats an indication of my skill set towards people reading this.

If you're coming 5th with Villa then clearly there aren't a ridiculous number of comebacks hampering you. The ones you do experience are likely down to an issue either with tactics or player complacency - what kind of half time team talk do you use? What tactical changes do you make?

And I'd expect strikers of that level to score somewhere between 1-in-3 and 1-in-5 chances, any better than that is getting towards the top end category. That being said FM this year may be creating slightly too many chances and compensating by having slightly too few finished.

You did not manage complacency in your team at half time, and you did not make the required changes when you saw that a comeback was occurring. What did you do to try to blunt the Stoke onslaught and counter their new attacking football? Shipping 5 goals in a half means somewhere you have dropped the ball tactically and been completely overwhelmed.

My advice would be instead of moaning about it, re-watch the game and analyse what went wrong. Work out how to make sure it never happens again - or at least that you know how to respond if you see a similar comeback in the future.

Always blame tactics and never blame the game.

Even though many people have complained about this same issue in the feedback thread.

Just because people complain about something, doesnt actually make it an issue.

Can't be suffering too many comebacks if he is 5th as Villa. OP needs a bit of perspective here. It's almost as if the side losing will try and change ways to force themselves back into the game.

Even though many people have complained about this same issue in the feedback thread.

That is because if there if you lose from a winning position you probably are at fault rather than the game. If you think not, then upload the matches in question and let other people analyse them for you, tell you where you went wrong.

I very rarely lose (or even draw) when I am leading by 2 goals or more (regardless of team). In fact more often than not if I am pegged from 2-0 to 2-1 it will be I who score the 4th goal to put the match away then to concede. I do that by watching the game, seeing what is happening, making changed to counter it. It can be as simple as slowing the game down and keeping the ball to kill momentum. More often it is looking at what the AI has changed tactically and seeing if I need to counter anybody specifically to shut them down.

If you were losing 3-0 at half time, but won 4-3, would that also be a fault in the game engine?

I get that it is frustrating, I used to be convinced that there was an issue with teams scoring direct from kick off after I went infront. But there isn't. What you have is confirmation bias. You see what you want to see. I know this is true because on FM 14 I checked the number of times I conceded straight after scoring and it wasn't significant.

If you are winning, but the opposition are getting back into the game, then you need to change something, even a minor change can disrupt how the opposition are playing.

Archived