Missing chances - a bug?

Been building a strong squad with my Spurs-team over many years, which resulted in the Premiership-title in my 4th season. Now, halfway into the 5th season ive had a problem which is seriously starting to affect my mental health. It started slowly at the end of last season, no matter how many chances my team creates, the chance-wasting does not seem to end. I have'nt won in the last 8 Premiership-game, but my team dominates each game they play. They have 20-30 shots pr. game, at least 50% of them on target, and my opponents usually have 2 or 3. I am not talking about wasted long-shots, I am talking clear 100% chances. Players like Lamela and Kane (22 and 36 goals last season) cant even score from 2 meters. When they score, they are always offside (Ive had up to 7 goals canceled for offside in ONE game). The only time I score is when defenders hit a corner, and when I score, my opponent is always gonna score right after. The last game Harry Kane got the ball on open goal, and he stopped and waited until the opponents defender tackled him. As an experiment, I restarted a game against Middlesbrough away 7 times, each game I created up to 30 chances, and each game I lost/had a draw. Ive been familiar with predictable game-engines before, but not like this. Does anyone else experience the same? Is it something wrong with the tactics, or is it just a bug?

I was building an Euorpa League-good team, so I signed loads of good youngsters (20-25 years old), that had their price increased by £2-3M from the time I signed them, won the league with them and the cup in the same season, all the major clubs wanted them, but because I had all my manager skills on practically full, I managed to convince them to stay because we had loads of promising youngsters who can produce as good of a team as they wanted to join. So, next season, all is going well, top of the table, was at the group stage in Europa League, did well and then bam... March came and I could. not. score. Just as OP, 20-30 shots, most from within the penalty area and 75% of them blocked by a defender or saved by the keeper and the rest would not even go for a goal kick, but for a THROW IN. Just to mention, I did not change the tactics from the previous season, or staff, signed only 2 players who acted as back up anyway and I lost out on the title. Season after that, I actually proper raged. 15 games in and 60% possesion, 20-30 shots on target in each league game and the same story. A defender would ALWAYS block my shot, most of the time I had highlights of my strikers hitting the defenders with the ball and that's it. If I did score, it was from a set piece usually or a magical through ball over the defence and as soon as I would score, they would ALWAYS score back and then score one more in 90+ minute and win the bloody game. I tried changing the tactics, nothing, even worse. I don't think I had a striker this season who had an average rating higher than 6.4 and all of them were goal scoring machines 2 seasons ago played in the same formation with same players, played with the same striker role.

I resigned and went to FC Porto instead.

OP, it almost certainly is your tactic. If you post your tactic or a PKM of the games where you struggle, you'll get some insight into what's going wrong.

It almost certainly isn't. I'm kind of sick of this excuse. If you are getting 4-8 ccc's a game your tactic is spot on attacking wise. If your strikers are missing loads of easy chances it's hardly a tactical issue.

It almost certainly isn't. I'm kind of sick of this excuse. If you are getting 4-8 ccc's a game your tactic is spot on attacking wise. If your strikers are missing loads of easy chances it's hardly a tactical issue.
I'm sick of people just looking at stats instead of the actual match.

Even strikers with 18+ finishing and good composure don't put away one-on-ones often. I've noticed it in previous FM's too.

I seem to see that players struggle one on ones straight at the keeper but coming from an angle seems to result in more goals. Look back at CCC's and half chances. Some CCC's are not as clear cut as you think(corners, rebounds, weird crosses) and sometimes half chances are better chances than you would think.

I seem to see that players struggle one on ones straight at the keeper but coming from an angle seems to result in more goals. Look back at CCC's and half chances. Some CCC's are not as clear cut as you think(corners, rebounds, weird crosses) and sometimes half chances are better chances than you would think.

You're right on that, I've seen chances from 6 yards out at a ridiculously tight angle & a shot which had 2 defenders in front of the player count as CCCs, they're not always as clear cut as the stats suggest

You're right on that, I've seen chances from 6 yards out at a ridiculously tight angle & a shot which had 2 defenders in front of the player count as CCCs, they're not always as clear cut as the stats suggest

Agree with that, I watch games in comprhensive most of the time and the amount of pretty easy chances missed is silly. The way they're missed is even worse.

I just had a game where my player misses two chances in front of the keeper. A one on one where he already rounded the keeper(hit post) and he could tap it in from the rebound(keeper was already lying on the ground) he hit the post again. Kind of frustating. But seconds later my defender with 2 long shots scores from 30 yards after a corner.

he's right it's your tactics Like barca in real life your tactics have been found out and the ai has adapted also now everyone has realised you are a top team the AI start to play a lot more cautious. You have to slightly alter your tactics. My second season Barbosa had 25 goal in like 18 games now every one is tight marking him and every shot is getting blocked or saved because he's snatching at the chances (might have to train him to take first time shots). You need to stop being so attacking if your dominating and still losing. It annoys me too but that's how it is.

i take my comment back the amount of stupid tap ins saved and missed is getting ridiculous and for some reason i havent scored an open goal yet and every time i'm through on goal the my striker starts walking and the defence catches up.

I understand that tactics play a huge part in scoring but i dont see how they effect a player standing still when a rebound falls to his feet infront of goal and he lets himself get tackled feels tlike the majority of one on ones are missed

there are those stupid wondersaves as well. missing a fair few chances through players falling over all over the place as well. di Maria outside the area facing goal... misses by a mile.. player just scored a hat trick missing a bucket load even still.. direct free kicks.... erm don't bother.

Archived