German youth transfer fees

When trying to buy good young German players I get quoted ridiculously high transfer fees. For example a 17 year old midfield (clearly talented) the club won't negotiate for until 54 million is offered - even when the player wants to leave. I understand the club clearly doesn't want to sell but he is currently valued at 600k and 10-15 million even for a talented youngster surely must be more realistic, not sure what other people thing (start of the game even meyer has a minimum fee release clause of 13.5 ish million)

Don't you remember when a pair of German clubs smashed the World transfer record on a player that only became eligible to play that year?

In the game such transfer fees are the club telling you to back off, but I think it does go a bit over the top with youth players. It's a balance thing though.

There is indeed a case in Germany, where a club set the transer for a young player at 50 million Euro.

Player's name is Donis Avdijaj at Schalke. Needless to say, the decision did not help his development. If you get such a high price tag at such a young age, there's a high chance it does something to you. In this case: Avdijaj is stagnating and does not seem to fulfill his potential at the moment.

I usually dont bother with german talent since they hardly want to move outside of germany anyways. I had a keeper (17 y.o from schalke) i desperately wanted and finally got an offer of 38 mil accepted (just for testing) and he didnt want to move to my club (man utd 3 times champions in a row).

Its hard to steal german talent even without the transfer fees.

Archived