International Management - Goalkeepers

First post, very sorry if it is in the wrong place.

Basically, I am wondering if anyone has ever run into a problem I have just encountered, and if there is a way around it.

I am in charge of the USA, as well as Huddersfield Town, and it has come to the time to submit my squad for the next set of international fixtures.

The squad, of course, needs three goalkeepers as a minimum - and this is where my problem comes in. I have every goalkeeper eligible to play in my national pool (a grand total of six), and five are currently injured, meaning I have just one fit goalkeeper available for selection. This means that I cannot submit my squad, and thus continue the game.

The only solution I can see is to retire in order to continue with my club career - something I ideally don't want to do as I was enjoying the challenge with USA also.

I have also tried adding the MLS as a playable league, but this has proved fruitless.

Any ideas?

(Again, I apologise if this is in the wrong section of the forum)

This simply shouldn't be happening - though it seems it's a matter of circumstance as opposed to a genuine bug. I'm assuming it won't magically bring up greyed out 'keepers to fill the gaps? 6 is quite a low amount of eligible 'keepers in the first place.

I was managing the national team for Sao Tome and Principe (talk about a small talent pool), there were only 5 GKs in the database (which I had in the National Pool), 3 went down with injury so I just registered two and left a space in the squad...and after registering those two, another one got injured, so I went into African League of National qualifying with only one GK.

I was managing the national team for Sao Tome and Principe (talk about a small talent pool), there were only 5 GKs in the database (which I had in the National Pool), 3 went down with injury so I just registered two and left a space in the squad...and after registering those two, another one got injured, so I went into African League of National qualifying with only one GK.

Given who you were, a concrete defender would have sufficed as a backup. :D

Archived