Question regarding penalties - recent changes?

Hello!

I just returned from a spell on the sidelines from FM and decided to start a FMC game and I noticed a very disturbing and hopefully just random event.

I play with OL in Ligue One and we have currently played 14 games in all competitions and there have been a total of 25 penalties (no shoot outs) in those games. 17 for me and 8 against me. Now that's odd enough, but I have also the slight problem that we have missed a massive 14 out of 17 penalties!! In the last game against CFR Cluj we missed 3 penalties and thus lost 0-1. The opposition teams have not missed a single penalty against me.

As for penalty takers I use Lacazette - 14 in PT, Gourcoff - 14 in PT and a couple others with no less than 12 in PT.

Anyone else having issues with penalties and is there anything I can do to improve the chances of actually putting a few more in the net?

Have a look at what players are giving away the penalties - warn them of their conduct if you can and for repeat offenders try ticking 'ease off tackles' in individual tactical instructions.

If you have central defenders with 'Dives into tackles' you might want them to unlearn that PPM (if they the culprits).

Finishing and composure also factor for scoring penalties.

Put your penalty takers on individual training role for finishing/composure.

Hire a high star 'shooting' coach.

Or alternatively a good keeper to save penalties.

Not sure what determines a keepers abilities against penalties - reflexes, one on ones, composure? or just luck.

I am on FM14 and was competing in the scoring keeper challenge. My keeper was very poor at penalties, but hit 47 over the years, missing only a handful. He had a very high conversion rate. As soon as I took him out of the team and penalties went to regular players again, my rate of success actually dropped.

I am not sure about FM15, but in FM14 it seems as though the penalty taking attribute isn't really much of an indication as my worst penalty taker had a better conversion ratio than my best, and this is over a 11 season period. There may be other factors such as composure, decisions, etc that also come into play?

Archived