PH71's Cool Runnings Challenge

The Cool Runnings Challenge

Literally just had this idea, thought it could be a pretty good idea for a challenge, hopefully a few people will give it a go :thup:

Part 1 - 'Nuff people say, you know they can't believe, Jamaica, we have a bobsled team.'

You used to be a famous footballer, you competed for United States of America in a few World Cups, create an American Manager with International Rep. Now, takeover a team that has previously never been to the World Cup. A few of the Countries you could be are:

• Guinea - aaberdeenn
  • Finland
  • Mali - Walcott's Wonderkids, roberto922

• Moldova
  • FYR Macedonia - DanTheMan
  • Uzbekistan - gazagaz
  • Belarus - dave safc
  • Lithuania
  • Venezuela
  • Cyprus - PaulHartman71
  • Burkina Faso - ToMexico!!
  • Slovakia
  • Latvia
  • Bahrain - bawbag the gr8
  • Zambia
  • Qatar - arkitekt88
  • Bosnia-Herzegovina
  • Gabon
  • Equatorial Guinea
  • Cape Verde Islands
  • Rwanda
  • Zimbabwe - dave safc
  • Suriname
  • Georgia
  • Libya
  • Oman
  • Gambia
  • Kenya - rancer890
  • Panama - Razer82
  • Armenia
  • Uganda
  • Iceland - MikaelS
  • Syria
  • Guatemala - Adam C
  • Albania
  • Benin
  • United Arab Emirates - O'Hara_Fan
  • Solomon Islands - Lower Leagues Rule

Key: Doing the Challenge. Completed the Challenge. Failed the Challenge

To complete part 1 of the Challenge you must qualify for the 2010 World Cup!

Part 2 - 'Seemin' to you nobody likes us? We're different. People are always afraid of what's different.'

You've made it to the World Cup, but one tiny drawback, all the other Countries think you are an embarrassment and throw abuse at you, time for you to prove them wrong. To complete Part 2 of the challenge you must Qualify from the Group Stage, making the 1st Knockout Round!

Part 3 - 'Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, its bobsled time! COOL RUNNINGS!'

You've defied the odds, and you've done it with everyone laughing at you, well done! To complete Part 3 of the challenge you must complete your World Cup campaign, it doesn't matter if you lose in the 1st Knockout Round or Win the World Cup you will still complete this part of the challenge.

Part 4 - 'The Jamaican Bobsled team returned to their country as heroes. Four Years later, they returned to the Olympics...As equals.'

To complete the final part of the challenge part 4, simply qualify for the 2014 World Cup, your performance in the 2014 doesn't matter.

Rules:

1. You MUST have all players from the Nation that you have chosen to be, however you can't have any other additional players from Nations loaded.

2. The 'Country' you run, league wise doesn't matter in the slightest as you wont at anytime be allowed to manage a League side.

3. Screen-Shots must be provided after completing each Part of the challenge.

4. If you are sacked then you MUST restart the challenge.

How to Post a Screenshot

1. While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).

2. Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image

3. Save the file as a JPEG

4. Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Imageshack

5. Post the direct Url to the image here.

One More Thing

I don't intend for this challenge to have a point system or anything, it's just merely a relaxing challenge where the aim of the challenge is to compete the 4 parts of the challenge, you set your own difficulty level by choosing which team you are.

The Winners (the people that have so far completed the challenge) -

MikaelS and Iceland!

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great challenge Paul :thup:

What if I fail to qualify for the world cup 2010? or If I fail to progress through the group stages? Then do I have to get to the 1st knock-out round in world cup 2016? And qualify for the next one?

Great challenge Paul :thup:

What if I fail to qualify for the world cup 2010? or If I fail to progress through the group stages? Then do I have to get to the 1st knock-out round in world cup 2016? And qualify for the next one?

You have to qualify for the World Cup 2010 or you will have to restart the challenge, if you fail to get to the 1st knock-out round then you will have to restart the challenge unfortunately. Oh and Part 4 is to qualify for the 2014 World Cup, there isn't one in 2016.

FRIENDLY:

Panama 0 - 0 Guatemala

After dominating possesion and being in control of the game throughout, my Guatemala side failed to make a breakthrough, but I'm happy with the performance and the fans were as well. Decent signs for the future, (bar the fact our strikers were poor lol)

Ok, here our my last scores:

Friendly: Guatemala 1 - 1 Grenada 17.11.2007

World Cup Quals. 1st phase 2nd round leg 1: Surinam 1 - 3 Guatemala 07.06.08

We're about to play the 2nd leg at home to Surinam, we look home and dry but we have to ensure victory.

By the way, I holiday between Games to picking my squad which is why my game goes quicker.

Ok, here our my last scores:

Friendly: Guatemala 1 - 1 Grenada 17.11.2007

World Cup Quals. 1st phase 2nd round leg 1: Surinam 1 - 3 Guatemala 07.06.08

We're about to play the 2nd leg at home to Surinam, we look home and dry but we have to ensure victory.

By the way, I holiday between Games to picking my squad which is why my game goes quicker.

I normally do that too, no point waiting around 100 days for the next match

drawn in group 4 with Iran, Singapore and Lebanon

Iran should top the group on paper but hope fully i can give them a run for thier money :)

being 65th in the rankings i should steer qatar into the next phase with sinapore and lebanon hovering around the 100th place mark.

away form will need to be spot on and need to make our home a fortress

into the group stage and all of a sudden there needs to be some serious thinking in qatar.

lost to singapore away 2-1 and then to iran at home. i was 1-0 up with 2mins to go then my key defender got injured with no back up :s. then it all went to pot, iran scored twice on 89 and 90 mins to win the game 2-1. heartbreak so far

Archived