Game Difficulty

First-time poster here. Hi everyone!

Just wanted to gauge opinion on difficult of FM15? Naturally depends what sort of challenge one sets themselves. I've probably owned every FM for the last decade but quickly lost interest for one reason or another (time constraints, couldn't get 'into' a game etc.) so started with an 'easier' challenge with Man Utd to see if my interest in the game could have a little more longevity.

Anyway, 9 league games in and having signed Vertonghen, Balanta, and Tielemans, I find myself top of the league by 6 points (beat Chelsea 2-0, Arsenal 4-1)

Next league game is the Manchester Derby so will need to beat them to make it 10 from 10

I am out of the League Cup however (1-0 away defeat to Everton) but can't recall having such a solid start to a top-flight season (cue all "Probably cos you're rubbish" responses!)

Not a huge fan or Januzaj but seemingly highly thought of by other players on the forum so he gets a start. Lining up currently as:

GK De Gea

RB Rafael

CB Vertonghen

CB Jones

LB Rojo

BWM Blind (not got great form up to now)

DLP Herrera (as per Blind)

LW Di Maria

RW Januazj

AM Rooney

CF Van Persie

Just wondered what people thought of general difficulty of the game?

I've started with lower league sides in previous versions of the game (Cardiff when in old Division 2, Torquay when in the Conference etc.) so I'm not averse to difficult challenge. Just not TOO difficult a one!

All the best,

Chris

well i was wondering about game difficulty this version. I'm only in my 2nd season of FM2015 ( i play slowly having started beta) having taken a decent champ side to the prem during my 1st season but after 10 games i'm 3rd in prem. I have decent players but not world class by any means, i play a 424 attack system with an inside winger and while it suits my team i wouldnt have expected them to play anything as good as they are. I'm also not a tactical genious. Maybe just a good run as im using what i have well but having beatin Man U, Arsenal and drawn with chelsea i am wondering if this version is too easy. Perhaps come 2nd half of season the game \AI will have caught on to my tactics )

Maybe just a good run as im using what i have well but having beatin Man U, Arsenal and drawn with chelsea i am wondering if this version is too easy. Perhaps come 2nd half of season the game \AI will have caught on to my tactics )

I think this is a big part of this years game. AI seems to underestimate you if you're newly promoted / a much lesser team but also seems to scout you a lot better and you can't stick with one tactic too long. I'd be very surprised if you found it that easy all season!

I'm finding it about right, although I wouldn't say I'm good at FM. Had a few saves that have gone better than expected and a couple of ones that seemed impossible. My current Middlesbrough save I had a great first season(lost out in the Playoff final) but a few games into the second season I'm struggling(13th in September).

Thought I'd post an update on this. Game time limited this week due to family commitments but managed to play an hour or so this evening. Liverpool were the only other unbeaten side in the league but I've just beaten them 6-2 at Old Trafford (Falcao 3, Rafael, Valencia, and Rooney)

That leaves me 8 points clear of Chelsea and I've now Pld 12 W 12 GD +25

Hoping to keep it going into my next game against Sunderland

Archived