You're not gonna believe this. He killed 16 Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator 3

Dexter_Morgan

3380003.jpg

The aim is just as in the previous saves to make the Iron Curtain as strong as possible and after enjoying the add on leagues last time round (apart from issues with Albania for some reason) i've decided to go down that route again this time using the claassen expansion. One difference to this years save is now I have a much better laptop it can handle more leagues and a bigger database which had previously put an end to version II of this save as it was getting ridiculous in terms of time to get through a season. With this in mind and also wanting to get a truer reflection on the nations progress (you may remember France and Spain dropping out of the top 6/7 last year) i've made the top flights in England, France, Germany, Holland, Italy and Spain playable rather than view only, included top flight players in all Europe, South America and Asia. The only other thing added to the DB is the real name fix.

FdbW6Vf.png

zxYfYZ1.png

As always I will start unemployed with Sunday League rep and i'll have no qualifications

wT7Trzp.png

dCvQBkm.png

At some point I want to get to the nations i've not managed in so far during the previous attempts. They are

• Armenia
  • Bulgaria
  • Estonia
  • FYR Macedonia
  • Georgia
  • Latvia
  • Moldova
  • Montenegro
  • Slovenia

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Career Overview

Club                 Season   Division                    Position    Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pärnu Linnameeskond  2014     Estonian First League       1st         League Winners [b]NB:[/b] Joined in July 2014 19 games in to season 
Pärnu Linnameeskond  2015     Estonian Premier League     8th
Metalurg Skopje      2015/16  Macedonian Second League    1st         League Winners [b]NB:[/b] Joined in March 2016 19 games in to season
Metalurg Skopje      2016/17  Macedonian First League     1st         League and Cup Winners
Metalurg Skopje      2017/18  Macedonian First League     1st         League and Cup Winners
Metalurg Skopje      2018/19  Macedonian First League     1st*       *Left In January
Viitorul Constanța   2018/19  Romanian Liga II            1st         League Winners [b]NB:[/b] Joined in March 2019 16 games in to season
Slavia Praha         2019/20  Czech Second Division       1st         League Winners
Slavia Praha         2020/21  Czech First Division        2nd         Cup Winners 
Slavia Praha         2021/22  Czech First Division        1st         League and Cup Winners
Slavia Praha         2022/23  Czech First Division        1st         League and Champions League Winners
Borac Banja Luka     2023/24 Bosnian Premier League       1st         League winners
Borac Banja Luka     2024/25 Bosnian Premier League       1st         League and Cup winners
Borac Banja Luka     2025/26 Bosnian Premier League       1st         League, Cup winners and Champions League Winners
Borac Banja Luka     2026/27 Bosnian Premier League       1st         League, Cup, Champions League, European Super Cup, WCC Winners
FK Mladost CKB       2027/28 Montenegrin First League     2nd
FC Skonto Riga       2028    Latvian Higher League        1st         League Winners
FC Skonto Riga       2029    Latvian Higher League        1st         League Winners

Hall of Fame

XQHlgQK.png

• Club FK Borac Banja Luka
  • Seasons 2023 - 2027
  • Games 150 (28 sub)
  • Goals 190
  • Asissts 69
  • Honours 4 Bosnian Premier Leagues, 3 Bosnian Cups, 2 Champions Leagues, 2 European Super Cups, 1 WCC

Co-efficients

j1LYSo3.png

Fg2cimG.png

iOUy7JQ.png

89QyH4n.png

Z402UmA.png

yme76Ox.png

2019 Changes

Division                          Co-eff 2014      Co-eff 2019    Rise/Drop    Highest Rank           Lowest Rank
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Albanian Superleague               65th             64th           +1           64th (2019)            76th (2017)
Armenian High League               88th             80th           +8           79th (2017)            88th (2014)
Belarusian Highest League          22nd             30th           -8           22nd (2014,15)         34th (2017)
Bosnian Premier League             47th             47th           0            47th (2014,2019)       59th (2017)
Bulgarian A Group                  31st             24th           +7           21st (2018)            31st (2014)
Croatian First Division            20th             12th           +8           11th (2018)            20th (2014)
Czech First Division               14th             21st           -7           14th (2014,15,16)      21st (2019)
Estonian Premier League            89th             75th           +14          75th (2019)            89th (2014)
(FYR) Macedonian First League      67th             67th           0            66th (2015)            80th (2017)
Georgian Umaghlesi Liga            43rd             48th           -5           42nd (2015)            48th (2019)
Hungarian Division I               30th             25th           +5           25th (2019)            32nd (2016,17)
Latvian Higher League              58th             86th           -8           58th (2014)            86th (2019)
Lithuanian A League                66th             76th           -10          66th (2014)            79th (2016)
Moldovan Divizia Nationala         38th             49th           -11          38th (2014)            42nd (2017)
Montenigrin First League           61st             50th           +11          50th (2017,18,19)      59th (2015)
Polish Ekstraklasa                 21st             22nd           -1           20th (2015)            27th (2016)
Romanian Liga I                    16th             26th           -10          16th (2014)            26th (2019)
Russian Premier Division           7th              6th            +1           6th (2016,17,18,19)    7th  (2014,15)
Serbian Superleague                26th             27th           -1           26th (2014,15)         28th (2016)
Slovak First Division              36th             63rd           -27          36th (2014)            63rd (2019)
Slovenian First League             35th             34th           -1           26th (2017)            35th (2014)
Ukrainian Premier League           8th              8th            0            7th (2018)             8th  (2014,15,16,17,19)

yVma5Kf.png

Chapter I - Pärnu Linnameeskond

JiecrfL.png

CbMMTxl.png

0usB4AB.png

ly4YDqX.png

Managers Thoughts

This was the first offer to come from a country I haven't managed in before and tbh when the job was offered I seen this logo for the club and took it for that reason alone :D Just a shame that it doesn't appear to be the official logo :( I started the save in July 2014 so the league position has been AI generated so at this point i'm not overly sure just how good this squad really is.

XImfxTU.png

I did want to start with a 4-3-3 winger formation to make the midfield solid as I have no knowledge of this division but one look at the squad told me this wasn't really possible as we are unbalanced in that area with only 1 CM but have a couple of AMC's/wingers so short term i'm going to start with my Danubian School and see how it fares otherwise a 4-2-3-1 with 2 DM's is my only other real option until I can get some scouting reports in.

yVma5Kf.png

Pärnu Linnameeskond - July - September 2014

abcCGTl.png

ECrx5wq.png

2MuYo1a.png

Managers Thoughts

Apart from the 4-6 i've been happy with the start to life in Estonia, we've made good progress and are looking a real handful even though it is obvious we are really weak in certain areas. I haven't been able to much about though as players can't be registered until next season so it's been a case of make do and to be fair the players have certainly put their all in to it so far.

I'm pretty confident that with only 6 games remaining we can make the playoff at worst, though obviously 1st and automatic promotion is the aim especially with a 7 point lead.

yVma5Kf.png

Pärnu Linnameeskond - October - December 2014

YLGIafq.png

swbTMY0.png

fZ1QlmN.png

8R1CZca.png

Managers Thoughts

We lost 2 games in October which put FC Kuressaare back in with a chance of the title especially with us having to play them on the last day of the season but thankfully we held our nerve, especially in the game against them where we were pegged back to 2-2 after going 2-0 up. Overall I think it was just about deserved for us though as we played some brilliant stuff at at times and the results were mostly positive.

I've signed a 1 year extension to my contract and actually get a wage for it now with the club turning semi pro :D

Career Overview[/size]

Club                 Season   Division                    Position    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pärnu Linnameeskond  2014     Estonian First League       1st         League Winners NB: Joined in July 2014 19 games in to season 

yVma5Kf.png

Pärnu Linnameeskond - January - May 2015

OZD9LWA.png

MQ9KTt4.png

OZD9LWA.png

Managers Thoughts

It's been a tough start to life in the top flight so far but we are hanging in despite our really poor form in recent weeks. To be fair to the players we have suffered a lot of injuries this season and that has certainly played a part as we were picking up points in the earlier part of the season with an almost full strength XI and with not many players willing to join it has been hard at times. Hopefully we can get a few in during the next window and give ourselves a bit more depth to the squad.

Cheers mate. You can really see the difference in quality in this division (never thought i'd say that in Estonia :D) and it has been a struggle this year, it's not so much that everyone's squad is better than ours but most teams have 1 or 2 players that stand out from the rest and they make the difference in this division.

There's no prize money and you only get £560 per televised game so that is next to no help for us. Thankfully wages aren't too high so we only lose about £4k per month but it is adding up as the year goes on. This brings the extra problem in the sense we can only scout Estonia and anyone better than we already have turns us down because the wage we can offer is rubbish. It may be the case that I leave Estonia at the end of the season and come back later if I can get a job at one of the bigger clubs but by doing that i'm not really sure that i'll get a better offer at this stage so i'm going to have to think it through carefully.

Well Estonia's really tough to be fair. I took Tulevik to promotion on FM 14 but some of the important players left and hardly anyone was willing to join. Some of them came from Flora (parent club) on loan but not enough really. The finances degraded quite easily and we only picked up 4 points from 7 (with a full-strength side) before I left.

Thanks for telling me about your problems in Estonia mate it's pretty much made my mind up :thup: It looks like it'll be really tough if I stay, i've applied for a few jobs and if I get offered any of them I think i'll be off as these clubs seem better placed for me to build my career, hopefully I can go back later though with a bigger club.

I think I may end up running into the same problem as I am currently managing in Malta and none of the players are any better than what I already have.

But unless you get a decent youth intake it's probably going to be a lot of waiting which you probably can't afford to do with losing £4k so can see where you are coming from.

yVma5Kf.png

Pärnu Linnameeskond - June - December 2015

3hnNkwj.png

BA74kP8.png

XYL9Gmu.png

Managers Thoughts

What a long hard slog that season was :D We always just about kept ourselves in with a chance of survival but it was really painful watching some of these defeats, especially a few times where we would pick up points against the top sides only to fail the following week against fellow strugglers :D As it turned out we were lucky to play the bottom side in the final match of the season and after a poor first half pick up the win that meant we survived relegation and the playoffs.

This message just about made my mind up that I had to start looking elsewhere

OcqqeTl.png

When you have a small budget as it is and then see it halved you are fighting against a brick wall, I would have carried on in charge until an offer I felt was right came in but after a meeting with the board where I refused to back down this happened :D

MnYJEOi.png

It's never good to have a sacking on your CV but i'm hoping this turns in to a positive and gets me at a more stable club.

Career Overview

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pärnu Linnameeskond  2014     Estonian First League       1st         League Winners NB: Joined in July 2014 19 games in to season 

I think I may end up running into the same problem as I am currently managing in Malta and none of the players are any better than what I already have.

But unless you get a decent youth intake it's probably going to be a lot of waiting which you probably can't afford to do with losing £4k so can see where you are coming from.

It was too much to be losing. In previous versions of this save i've done 5 years maximum but I would go over that in a lower country if I felt the club was going in the right direction but it isn't the case with Parnu. If the chairman was looking to go at this stage i'd have held out a bit and see what happened from there but obviously that wasn't the case.

dLIOOZk.png

Chapter II: FK Metalurg Skopje

E1Su1qu.png

AI9Hc43.png

Nx6NBqM.png

6EmY4B6.png

Managers Thoughts

This was a tough choice for me to make as i'd delayed the Arka job in Poland which would have fast tracked my rep a little and with Poland being in the EU would have been easier to sign players but i'm glad I held on as this is a club with some potential. In real life they have made the Europa league for each of the past 5 seasons and won the cup in 2010 and were runners up in 2014. In game they were relegated last season and lost quite a few players so the task is a little trickier than it could have been long term but they have the advantage of keeping themselves afloat financially even if it isn't by a great amount.

ou4oSEC.png

With 9 games to go as you can see the league is pretty tight but that isn't such a bad thing as it allows for any slip ups as it seems pretty clear that most sides can beat the others on their day. The aim is immediate promotion and then try and then get this club back in to Europe and see what happens from there, I do certainly see this as a potential longer term job because the club has a growing history that i'd like to take a few steps further and with the club being in the capital the fan base will be there if we do well.

dLIOOZk.png

FK Metalurg Skopje March - June 2015/16

nxcmglI.png

RTj08m7.png

PsJzsxV.png

ZvtRi85.png

Managers Thoughts

It wasn't the hardest of tasks on paper to make up 2 points but the form of other sides meant we had to be at our very best to see the season out especially as even going in to our last game against Turnovo a defeat could have seen them overtake us and leave us relying on other results for a top 3 finish.

There's not a lot more to be said about the season really as I was only in charge for 8 games or so but I now face a battle to keep hold of 10/12 players who refused to sign new contracts due to us being in the 2nd division, hopefully promotion will see them change their minds. Another little irritation of this FM is the fact a couple of days in to my job I had a player mutiny over a promise not kept by the previous manager and I was the one getting it in the neck :rolleyes: SI need to sort this out by either toning it down a little or getting some common sense when a new manager takes over as it is really frustrating and could have cost me my job before I even started :rolleyes:

Career Overview

Metalurg Skopje      2015/16  Macedonian Second League    1st         League Winners NB: Joined in March 2016 19 games in to season

Great stuff Dexter. :thup:

Estonia - You may of finished third from bottom, but your team had the second best attack in the league. The defence though...

Excellent job so far in Macedonia. That was a ridiculously tight league too!

I agree wholeheartedly with you re the player mutinies. It is ridiculous this year. If I sell a player, a player usually wants a word with me and it usually ends with "It may be very uncomfortable for you around here." A clear threat!!! So I always dump them in the stiffs.

Cheers mate, in Estonia the defence wasn't so bad if we had players fit, at one point we lost both keepers and had to chuck a kid in for a few games which didn't help :D

I don't think the promotion in Macedonia will be as difficult as in Estonia, Metalurg were only just relegated and have kept their rep as the 4th biggest side in the country even with a season in the 2nd division so it's made it a bit easier to replace these players that have decided they are unhappy and in a few cases even improved quite a bit on them :D

With scouting upgraded to all of Europe now and being able to have 5 foreigners in a match day squad that has helped too and i've got 3 signed from outside the country and a couple of South Americans on trail after agents offered them out so i'm in the process of deciding which ones are going to be best to take because I get the feeling just like Estonia it's just a couple of players that stand out from the rest and it's important to get it right.

I've had one sacking already in this FM down to players being a pain which really wound me up as i'd done really well at that club considering they were crap when I took over so i've gone along with players for a simple life apart from once I won a few titles at First Vienna as the players seemed to respect me more then but as a rookie it's really frustrating with the way players try it on :mad:

dLIOOZk.png

FK Metalurg Skopje Pre season 2016/17

h9saxAR.png

zmMxtGJ.png

XRG49DG.png

Transfers

XNwJ8ke.png

TDwd2VF.png

VNrNyVh.png

PEp65OS.png

MqTyo7x.png

d4a6HOY.png

hjBU4nv.png

Managers Thoughts

With this having the potential to be a disastrous summer I think the club has come out of it quite well. My contract was renewed along with an upgrade on youth coaching, the scouting range upgraded and also we went pro so that was a good start. The main worry though was with playing staff, most of my better players refused to sign contracts and I thought it would be tough to replace them but we've improved upon each departee. I said earlier how it looks like having a few standouts could be all the division in this division and in Eldis Bajrami, Braian Mussarella, Emmanuel Olivera and Zeni Husmani in particular they are considered leading players for most sides in this division so hopefully they will settle in quickly. The wages for these players are quite high and are bound to dig a hole in our finances but if it keeps us in the division this year ready to build for next then the short term loss is worth it IMO as a higher place in the league means bigger sponsorship money at the end of the year and ours is already decent at £140K. As I said this is a club I intend to stay a few years at so I wouldn't risk anything I felt would harm the club for the long term.

Co-efficients

91w5lLc.png

A bit mixed with 4 ups and 4 downs but the main country to note is Bulgaria with a fairly big rise, if you remember last years thread Czech Republic and Bulgaria were really poor and often in the late 30's to mid 40's a couple of years in so this is some good news.

That's the same way my career went. I left Tulevik for Pelister and as I started the save not too long back, I must say that Macedonia is much more enjoyable. On my save, Metalurg Skopje are probably the 2nd best team there (most reputed as well), behind Vardar. I've got Pelister up into 3rd so far in my 1st season. Vardar is easily the toughest challenge you'll get there, good luck if you want to qualify for the CL.

Husmani looks quality. :thup:

Definitely one of the best 3 players in the side :)

That's the same way my career went. I left Tulevik for Pelister and as I started the save not too long back, I must say that Macedonia is much more enjoyable. On my save, Metalurg Skopje are probably the 2nd best team there (most reputed as well), behind Vardar. I've got Pelister up into 3rd so far in my 1st season. Vardar is easily the toughest challenge you'll get there, good luck if you want to qualify for the CL.

That's odd that, can't be common you see someone go straight from Estonia to Macedonia let alone 2 on the same forum :D

I can see what you mean about Vadar, they've won it both seasons on this save and are well ahead this year, top 4 is possible for me I think but our bad start put paid to any chance of doing much better. Your save seems like mine, get a few that stand out and you should be pretty strong

As in the past 2 attempts at this i've decided to keep an eye out for tycoons as I find they are really interesting how they can either be brilliant or a disaster in the lesser countries under the AI :D So here is the first one of the save

o9tltyb.png

YIA6uoq.png

There was also a notice come up that a tycoon is eyeing up Dunaujvaros in Hungary so i'll keep an eye out for that

That's odd that, can't be common you see someone go straight from Estonia to Macedonia let alone 2 on the same forum :D

I can see what you mean about Vadar, they've won it both seasons on this save and are well ahead this year, top 4 is possible for me I think but our bad start put paid to any chance of doing much better. Your save seems like mine, get a few that stand out and you should be pretty strong

I went straight to the 1st tier though :D (and neither have I started documenting it here).

I got a few good ones to go along with some of those who were already there (mainly foreigners though). Thing is I am already ~£380 above a £8.1K wage budget. Metalurg Skopje and Vardar have thus been difficult to deal with although Shkendija have been awful really.

I went straight to the 1st tier though :D (and neither have I started documenting it here).

To be fair this side was pretty much top tier too, only had to play 8 games to get promoted :D Got 2 games to play before my report but Vadar are having a sticky spell at the minute including a 4-1 drubbing by us :eek:

dLIOOZk.png

FK Metalurg Skopje July - October 2016/17

JcVVK5Z.png

Nh4moeA.png

kK3i0Op.png

YsyQ9zh.png

CKNECan.png

Managers Thoughts

Well what a turnaround it's been after a dodgy start, I changed a few things so we weren't as attacking after the 3rd game as we were losing killer goals very late on and it's worked wonders with only a couple of defeats since. I made one more transfer other than shown by snapping Adis Jahovic on a free, his goal scoring hasn't been as high as i'd hoped tbh but his all round play and bringing others in to the game has been superb so far in his 7 games for the club.

I don't for one second believe we have enough over the season to catch Vadar but after 12 games we were 16 points behind them so whilst a lot is obviously down to them losing form we are in a much healthier position only 4 points behind them. We've had some great performances from Beso, Kicha, Bajrami and Tanevski in particular and they have really helped us along this run and seeing as the squad as whole isn't that strong we've done well playing twice a week so I couldn't be happier with the players at the moment :)

It's good to see that the board didn't expect to be challenging at the top of the league straight after promotion but seem to have had a good start, plus two league in three seasons isn't a bad return either.

How do you get the tycoon messages if you don't mind me asking?

To be fair I don't really count the 2 titles i've had so far as at least half the season was gone on each :D But it is good to be challenging, i've given up for the night with us a point behind and the league split being our next game, we've pretty much sealed a Europa spot which i'll be more than happy with considering we've only just gone up :)

For takeovers you subscribe to every playable league (if you start unemployed you will automatically be subscribed otherwise you'll have to do it manually which does take a couple of minutes as you have to click on every division loaded via the world icon) > select all and then tick the one below

vEHLlAN.png

dLIOOZk.png

FK Metalurg Skopje November - May 2016/17

gHi7B5i.png

TebbYEi.png

UQWn52r.png

jpuQRd9.png

41jTwX4.png

Managers Thoughts

Delighted with how the season has gone, it did take a bad 8/9 game spell by Vardar for us to catch up but we still had to win those games and in all honesty I thought once they got their form back they'd run away with it but we matched them all the way with an almost prefect record from mid October onwards and beat them 3 times over the course of the season including a smash and grab win at their place on the final day to seal the title which obviously helped a great deal. It's hard to pick out a standout player really as it seemed from CM to the front 3 there'd be a match winner even at times we were struggling and all of those players have popped up with winners at some point during the season in the late stages of games so i'm happy with all of them.

The cup was a nice bonus, once Vardar went out to a side in the division below it pretty much left the competition open to anyone and after a few nice early draws against lesser sides we suddenly found ourselves in the quarter finals and a big chance to win it so obviously I decided to take it seriously and play the strongest side possible.

I'm actually amazed at how fit our players have been over the course of the season as for the first half of it we were playing twice a week every week and still managed to pick up results. Next season will be a bit tougher with Europe to fit in too so I am really hoping we can get some funds to get a few players in but that will be tough with our awful finances.

A couple of handy players in our youth intake, nothing overly special but hopefully good enough for this league

qHl3erK.png

ZKFQF0K.png

AFNjv1Q.png

Career Overview

Metalurg Skopje      2015/16  Macedonian Second League    1st         League Winners NB: Joined in March 2016 19 games in to season
Metalurg Skopje      2016/17  Macedonian First League     1st         League and Cup Winners

Good turn around with FK Metalurg Skopje :thup:

Shame your old club sacked you. Some interesting tycoon take over already.

Cheers mate, didn't expect us to be quite as good as we are already but i've managed to pick up some really good players for this division and after a tough start we've really clicked.

Agreed about the tycoons, i'll be doing reports on tycoon sides at the end of each season, I haven't had the chance to manage one in the previous threads but i'm determined to have a go at one this year :D

Co-efficients

sEZo9Rd.png

More rises than drops in the top half which is excellent news but Macedonia has dropped to 80th whilst Estonia has gone and climbed 10 places to 71st so i'm officially in a worse league than the one I left :D

Former Club Watch

Pärnu Linnameeskond - Relegated :D

Tycoon Watch

Dunaújváros - Only brought in a few frees and finished 11th

Hrvatski Dragovoljac - Again didn't spend and finished 8th in the 2nd division

I won't be reporting on clubs outside the Iron Curtain if they have a tycoon unless someone asks as it isn't really relevant to this save but I will post the initial takeover if it happens outside

Ikvr9Vt.png

JwnIk7j.png

I saved it there and looked back a month and all this has done for the time being is wipe off £287M worth of debt and the club value is the same

dLIOOZk.png

FK Metalurg Skopje Pre season 2017/18

HKuPYwz.png

Doesn't really do much for our finances with us only getting £23k a season but hopefully we can loan a few players in the future

Transfers

8D4C56w.png

GozhPhl.png

9pNPkwK.png

VLxtw8j.png

MRnbBMC.png

vjkSFEy.png

LzOvDyX.png

Managers Thoughts

Very happy with our dealings this summer as we have improved in each position bar GK and pretty much cover ourselves with any injuries as we were pretty lucky last year with a lack of them but with the amount of games we play so close to each other this means we can afford to rest players and know that we'll have players that were good enough to win last seasons title ready to step in.

The CL draw has been kind to us with Shakhter Karagandy being the opposition, if we can get past them then we know at worst we'll be in the Europa playoff which will give us a good financial boost.

Indeed he does, going to get him on a box to box schedule to improve his physicals a bit.

I've just been given a £170k transfer kitty. Spent £80k of that on a youth prospect though :D

Beat Shakhter Karagandy in the CL so Molde are up next, the draw could have been a bit kinder considering who else were seeded tbh :(

dLIOOZk.png

FK Metalurg Skopje July - August 2017/18

gxbdk56.png

kXUgng9.png

kptajGt.png

UAEW90A.png

BAVRMAC.png

SH6OdMn.png

ksEnfVE.png

Pfb9Buo.png

Managers Thoughts

Well I didn't think we'd do it so soon but we're the first Macedonian side to make the CL group stage :cool: Against Molde and Plzen we managed to keep in the tie after the first leg and then blitz them both at home.

The group draw was always going to be a tough one no matter what so it has made my mind up that we need to sort our awful league form out and play the reserves in the CL before we are completely out of the title race, though I may go for the RBS games as that does give us a little chance of some points and prize money. I made changes for the league games as from the minute we beat Shakhter Karagandy in the 2nd knockout I knew that we'd have made the Europa playoff at worst and that obviously brings in money that we can't get domestically, I know it has messed our league position up but it was a risk I had to take and one that went even better than expected and has really improved the long term future of the club financially so it has proved a good gamble for the club.

xGMnEcl.png

This is the prospect I talked about earlier, he cost £80k and had 4 yellow and one black potential and with talent being hard to find in this country I felt it was worth the risk

dLIOOZk.png

FK Metalurg Skopje September - December 2017/18

85HyONh.png

3h0z9ox.png

RdD7b3L.png

pJo9aYq.png

Muk9J0e.png

OUWkKDe.png

iwZeW6A.png

Managers Thoughts

Again we have recovered from a bad start to put ourselves right in the mix for the title especially with the games we have in hand I would be disappointed if we didn't win it now because to get ourselves top after that start is probably my best achievement on any FM, I have manged to get the balance right for the league and Europe I think but I can't help but feel a full strength side may have got us an extra point in the CL but the league and beating RBS in the CL was my aim and we managed to achieve both goals along with another good cup run so I guess so far this season has been a real positive.

The CL money has allowed us to improve our training facilities at both youth and first team level and i'll keep improving on these as long as I am here because a Macedonian club doing well only helps the aim of this save. The ability to scout the world this season has been a huge plus because it means I can find players even better than the 7 foreigners I have and out of that 7 there are 5 contracts that are up at the end of the season so i'll probably let them go and replace them. Macedonians playing in bigger leagues are also an option now so i'll certainly be looking at getting those in

We play Anderlecht in the Europa league which is a tricky couple of games but one we have a chance in so the 1st XI will play in that tie and try and win it.

I feel the key to all of this part of the save is get the best homegrown players available and really push to get the best foreign players available, I know it sounds obvious but with the way we've performed over the last 2 years and the fact we're in Europe still is going to help the division and more importantly ourselves push on, i've enjoyed my time at the club so far and feel it could be a half decent size club if I stick at it for a few more seasons and at this point I have no intention of leaving and thinking more towards the long term development of the club because going by what has been said by posters on this thread already and the way i've handled th job the potential is there to make this side a reasonable one in European terms

dLIOOZk.png

FK Metalurg Skopje January - May 2017/18

MbhKIzH.png

UwuwRsE.png

BFZG5gG.png

u7LGmWi.png

VpLLauA.png

0yeuyyM.png

z1dsBkj.png

Managers Thoughts

This season went a lot better than expected, the progress in Europe was such a shock to me but we deserved to be in the group stage given the caliber of sides we faced we gave them all a hard time particularly at home, obviously Barca and Dortmund hammered us but against Marseille we were actually unlucky especially in the home game and a draw in that or even a win wouldn't have been a fluke.

Finances thanks to the European run have improved dramatically and that has meant I could improve the youth and training facilities which I think is vital as part of the clubs development. I've also been given what for this division is a massive transfer budget of £2.9M and spent just under £1M of that on a couple of home based players and snapped up some what for this division are first class freebies which i'll post later if I am still in the job as i've applied for 2 fantastic little jobs in nations I have yet to manage in during my 3 threads

Only 1 player of interest in my youth intake but he's highly rated as a potential star for this division

ZWdZ8gZ.png

Career Overview

Metalurg Skopje      2017/18  Macedonian First League     1st         League and Cup Winners

Very close between you and 3rd place :eek: Done very well in your Champions League group to finish 3rd :)

Thanks mate, I couldn't believe we managed to get to the group let alone pick up enough points to stay in Europe after Christmas so i'm really pleased with the quick progress the club has made.

dLIOOZk.png

FK Metalurg Skopje Pre season 2018/19

Transfers

3XMX30O.png

6nrM4HR.png

p2r2F7W.png

ooWSJvi.png

ig9KlE8.png

lDSmb0Y.png

ZCVv8mz.png

vsV3MwG.png

NsK7dZI.png

NnRmc2W.png

Managers Thoughts

I got a little giddy with the transfers this summer but they improve the squad immensely, though there are better players in the selection Martin Bogatinov was the one I was really pleased about signing, he is a massive improvement on the other 2 keepers even though he is older. My long term target for goalkeeper is David Mitov Nilsson (Technically Swedish but Macedonia is his 2nd nationality) or one of Stole Dimitrievski (Granada) or Dejan Stojanovic (Bolongna) those 2 are probably out of our reach for a few years and I don't really want to use a foreigner spot on a goalkeeper as it takes something like 10 years to gain Macedonian nationality.

Nikola Jakimovski is another useful signing, he's probably the best homegrown player left in the division and with money in the bank I thought i'd be stupid not to snap him up as obviously he weakens Vardar and strengthens our squad because obviously I still have to fill the homegrown quota which means at times our bigger signings are going to have to miss out.

Mevlan Murati has Macedonian as a 2nd nationality and has been very consistent for Shkendija, he wasn't first choice but Stefan Ristovski at Parma was willing to join after being dumped in the Parma u20's squad but his wage demands were too much much for us otherwise that would have been a brilliant coup for us.

Co-efficients

hQnO9sA.png

Lots of little rises there which is good news but the biggest 2 are further down in the list with the Albanian Superleague jumping 10 places to 66th and ourselves jumping 7 to 73rd

Former Club Watch

Pärnu Linnameeskond - Relegated again :eek::D

Tycoon Watch

Dunaújváros - Spent £3.2M and finished 5th

Hrvatski Dragovoljac - Spent £500k and were promoted

Archived