how to edit champions leauge rules

vantheman1

welcome to forums

search for UCL....set it to a nation, lets say turkey save it

then go to -

- Rules -> Add Nation Rules -> Add Lower Divisions and Cups to Existing Structure and select Current Nations -> Turkey

- When that loads select Rules -> Convert to Advanced Rules

- On the 'Advanced Rules' panel on the left select you will see comps forTurkey and UCL is there now also ->

-then go through the various stages and change the allocated prize money

squad rules is via-Fixture Rules -> which is bugged and not working it has been reported over a year ago

see you have several threads asking same thing just start one mate and ask the questions in 1 thread/ have a go same way to super cup etc do all european comps you want to edit in one file ie add them to ''turkey'' etc before you open advanced rules

thanx for info.have one question for you.

how does it work in fm beause when i select file.

champions leauge does not work

like for example when is choose arsenal the continental competiton stays empy with information.

and when i choose an other database without the one that i used to change rules of champions leauge,

continental competiton says champions leauge.

• 3 weeks later...
Just out of interest, if you edit the European Cup in this way, do you lose the existing Co-efficents?

EDIT: Further, is it therefore possible to delay the European Cup start until 2014 using this method?

Thanks in advance!

do you mean the nations european cup, if so yes ,

second point I dont understand

I mean the UEFA "Champions League".

Basically, I have virtually everything in place to start an FM2014 game in May 2014. Full correct fixtures for all the top Leagues so Champions/European Qualification/Relegations are up to date. Domestic Cups I have set to start with a one season offset and filled in the winners manually for 2014.

Only issue I'm having is the European Competitions (and Community Shield, but I don't really care about that as I really can't figure out Super Cups) because I can't simply give them a season offset like domestic Cups. I was hoping there might be a way of editing the Continental Cup competitions simply to add the one season offset without losing all club histories etc.

Is that possible, please?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kingrobbo

I have just tried to search for the UCL and saced it as Denmark as nation.

I can now see the UCL (have also added UEFA and Super Cup). So far so good.

I then tried to change some of the prize Money for both UCL and the Danish Superlige. Tested the rules and saved the file.

Then started a new fm game with the file. But unfortunately none of the changes were visable. I look at the prize Money in the UCL and the Danish Superlige but the prize Money were the same as before.

By the way I also change data for one single player, and that did change. So it just seems like the rules doesn't catch on :-(

Do you have any idea of what to do?? How can I get the changing of rules to impact the game?

load your files so I can look at them

be aware that this editor is bugged to hell and even though things are done correctly changes are not working in game...all files I use are from previous versions I am not using/creating any files in current editor it is pointless I am not playing game either as I am unable to edit

but I should be able to assist with this

Archived