Getting National team jobs

Has anybody else found it difficult to get national team jobs in fm15.

I currently manage in the premier league with Tottenham and have a very good reputation both current and International is nearly 7000. I've applied for jobs with Armenia, Lithuania, Moldova, Belarus, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Senegal, Iran & The Congo and had my application laughed off on all. I can understand getting laughed off by big nations but not smaller ones.

On checking the reputations of the foreign managers that where hired for these jobs they all have reputations that are worse then mine.

It was far easier to get national team jobs in Fm14 so is this a bug or are national team jobs dependent on coaching badges (i.e only given/offered to managers with a continental pro licence) I am working towards my continental pro licence and have held the one below for a while.

Thanks

Wierd, I actually had the opposite experience, also playing Spurs.

Second season Holland and France tried to headhunt me for their national team (My manager isn't from either country), something that never happened in fm14, even being a legendary manager, I still got laughed at, trying to apply for my managers national team.

France actually wanted to pay me 100K, the starting wage in Spurs is close to half that.

I think earlier versions of the game it was very easy to get national teams asking you to manage them. I was 1 season in with St.Johnstone and had italy and holland asking me.

My guess is it was sorted but SI maybe went overboard and now its a lot harder. Im now on season 21/22 and not had any other offer.

I think earlier versions of the game it was very easy to get national teams asking you to manage them. I was 1 season in with St.Johnstone and had italy and holland asking me.

My guess is it was sorted but SI maybe went overboard and now its a lot harder. Im now on season 21/22 and not had any other offer.

Seems a weird one as people say their getting offers, might just be a coaching badge thing. might experiment with that

I have found it easier to get offered national manager positions. I was offered 5 in my second season with Leeds United. First season won the championship and second season finished 7th in EPL. Did have good cup runs but actually won nothing. I was offred and accepted the SPAIN job in the second season.

• 7 months later...

You can manage but club and country. Ricki Herbert did it IRL with New Zealand and two clubs (New Zealand Knights and Wellington Phoenix I believe). Famously was at the World Cup with New Zealand in 2010 and still keeping tabs at home with his club. Only manager that I know of off the top of my head that has done it.

I'm in 2021 and am in my second stint managing Spain, having previously managed them from 2016-8. My manager is English, and was at Arsenal during both appointments, although is now at RMadrid/Spain.

Archived