Conceding a goal.

uhm.. Because it is their job to prevent it?!?

Much as I love a good literal post, it's not that simple.

The way I see it, the only way they should drop is if they were directly responsible. If someone hits an absolute pearler of a free-kick that a striker gave away, and the keeper had absolutely no chance of stopping it, should the defenders and keepers ratings all go down significantly? If the opposition keeper takes a goal kick and it sails over the keepers head and into the goal, should the defenders get a significant drop?

It doesn't make sense for a goal to mean uniform drops in ratings no matter what the circumstances. I can't say I've noticed or paid attention to what happens all of the time when conceding - is it pretty uniform no matter whose fault it was?

Much as I love a good literal post, it's not that simple.

The way I see it, the only way they should drop is if they were directly responsible. If someone hits an absolute pearler of a free-kick that a striker gave away, and the keeper had absolutely no chance of stopping it, should the defenders and keepers ratings all go down significantly? If the opposition keeper takes a goal kick and it sails over the keepers head and into the goal, should the defenders get a significant drop?

It doesn't make sense for a goal to mean uniform drops in ratings no matter what the circumstances. I can't say I've noticed or paid attention to what happens all of the time when conceding - is it pretty uniform no matter whose fault it was?

Pretty much, keepers ratings are iffy at the best of times. If they concede they will have a ratings dip, same as a defender (generally).

Archived