Unusual board interactions

I'm early into my second season with Barnet (conference premier) and I've noticed a couple of unusual interactions from my board. I was expected to finish in the play offs, but sadly missed out by 4 points and 2 places. At one point, I was down in 14th and was given a points target to save my job (this was fair enough), which I achieved and managed to get back into the play off picture.

However, following the last game of the season, they then gave me another points target of 10 pts from 5 games? Surely that wouldn't mean I have 5 games of the new season to save my job?

Into the new season now, I started very strongly with the following results: 2-0 (A), 8-1 (H), 5-0 (A), 4-1 (H). I was sitting top of the league and had already played both relegated league two sides. Despite similar domination at home to Chester, I unfortunately got beat 3-1 - but the performance reflected the good early season form. I was then called in for a meeting AGAIN. This time to explain why we lost that match. I tried stating that we were unlucky, which we were, but they wouldn't accept it. What I dont understand is why I had to have that meeting when we were top of the league, and only 5 games into the season.

I was then offered a new contract a week later...

I'm early into my second season with Barnet (conference premier) and I've noticed a couple of unusual interactions from my board. I was expected to finish in the play offs, but sadly missed out by 4 points and 2 places. At one point, I was down in 14th and was given a points target to save my job (this was fair enough), which I achieved and managed to get back into the play off picture.

However, following the last game of the season, they then gave me another points target of 10 pts from 5 games? Surely that wouldn't mean I have 5 games of the new season to save my job?

Into the new season now, I started very strongly with the following results: 2-0 (A), 8-1 (H), 5-0 (A), 4-1 (H). I was sitting top of the league and had already played both relegated league two sides. Despite similar domination at home to Chester, I unfortunately got beat 3-1 - but the performance reflected the good early season form. I was then called in for a meeting AGAIN. This time to explain why we lost that match. I tried stating that we were unlucky, which we were, but they wouldn't accept it. What I dont understand is why I had to have that meeting when we were top of the league, and only 5 games into the season.

I was then offered a new contract a week later...

Stranger things have happened in real life...

I do see the issue here but it is good to have mini challenges like this, really adds something to the game.

Stranger things have happened in real life...

I do see the issue here but it is good to have mini challenges like this, really adds something to the game.

If they have decided to let me carry on for the new season, it seems pointless setting me a points target for the first 5 games. I had a few new players in and started training new tactics so it may have taken some time. I don't think any manager is given just 5 games to save their job at the start of a season in real life.

It annoyed me also when they challenged me over that one bad result following four strong wins. I'm sure that would't happen either!

If they have decided to let me carry on for the new season, it seems pointless setting me a points target for the first 5 games. I had a few new players in and started training new tactics so it may have taken some time. I don't think any manager is given just 5 games to save their job at the start of a season in real life.

It annoyed me also when they challenged me over that one bad result following four strong wins. I'm sure that would't happen either!

Some 7 or 8 years ago the manager of "my" club was sacked after the first game of the season, this year the manager of my national team was sacked after the first game of the qualification, so 5 games seams VERY GOOD to me, hehehehehehehe

Archived