[FM15] LEEDS UNITED: Rebuild The Young Guns

treesix_kaede

Before it start, I want to apologize for my bad English, since it's not my daily language. And maybe I'm not good writer like everybody did. But i'm trying to give my best storyline for this thread

Hello everyone. :cool:

I've been reading FM Career Updates for a long time. I always find it interesting how people telling they journey with their club in Football Manager games. I made thread like this once. But since daily activities take most of my time, I cannot resume my game in FM 14. So I'll payback in this FM 15. The objective in my threadis still the same like last year. Not only to tell you all my story, but also recording my step by step in-game (transfer, staff transfer, fixtures, mentoring, development and so on) decision so I can remember what happen in my early path. So my thread maybe will very detail for some of you (or maybe not). And I'll be updates this thread in 1-2 times per week, so yes, my thread will be moving slowly.

I'm playing using my white macbook (early 2009 edition). That's why even I want to start unemployed and adventuring across the world to start my career, it's not possible due my computer spec.

So I decided start with one of my favorite clubs, Leeds United. And I really wish I can turn the club fortune's around to their glory time. It's already 10 years since their last performance in Premier League. And I'd really like to see the "Young Guns" hit Premier League again. I will use all in-game attribute and statistic rather than see the reality in real world, since I know some of players under-rated in the game. And i will no use winter transfer update and database from the first patch. And also, this thread will be ton of picture, since I love to design.

Here's some of my objective I want in my career at Leeds United:

1. Promotion to Premier League in maximum 3 (three) seasons

2. Developing Youth System

3. Getting Rich :lol:

4. Be Top Club in England in maximum 10 (ten) years

5. No moving from Leeds United

Here's review per season, I hope you enjoy my story as much as I do.

2014 - 2015 Preparation

2014 - 2015 Review

2015 - 2016 Preparation

2015 - 2016 Review

2016 - 2017 Preparation

9nl6aFc.png

LEEDS UNITED

THE BACKGROUND

Leeds United is an English football club in Leeds, West Yorkshire. The club was formed in 1919 following the disbanding of Leeds City F.C. by the Football League and took over their Elland Road stadium. Today, Leeds United compete in Skybet Championship, 2nd tier of football competition in England and have been trying to hit the Premier League from 2010.

Leeds United have only ever used one stadium as their home ground, Elland Road, where they have played since foundation in 1919. An all-seater football stadium situated in the Beeston, Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. It is the 12th largest football stadium in England, and the second largest ground outside the Premier League. Elland Road was previously occupied by their predecessors, Leeds City before their disbanding. After their formation, the council allowed them to rent the stadium until they could afford to buy it. With the exception of periods from the 1960s until 1983, and from 1997 to 2004, the council has owned the stadium. However, it was sold by the club, in October 2004, with a 25-year sale-leaseback deal being agreed, with a commercial buy-back clause was also included for when the club's finances improve. Leeds' has rivalry with several clubs, including Manchester United, Chelsea and Millwall. A rivalry with Turkish club Galatasaray was created after two Leeds fans were murdered by Galatasaray supporters before a UEFA Cup fixture in April 2000. When former Leeds player Harry Kewell moved to Galatasaray in 2008 it caused uproar with Leeds supporters.

source: wikipedia

dOFcguK.jpg

S09KzqV.jpg

9nl6aFc.png

LEEDS UNITED

NOTABLE PLAYERS IN 2014-2015

6OIodgg.png

BILLY SHARP

William Louis "Billy" Sharp (born 5 February 1986) is an English professional footballer who plays as a striker. The 28-year-old signed a two-year contract with the club and has signed for an undisclosed fee. For me, in several pre-season games, Sharp still not showing his best skill. Antenucci and Montenegro have most of goals in pre-season match. Sharp only scored 1 goal in 8 games. Maybe when he already tuned in, he can give best goals contribution.

smdnA5H.png

SAM BYRAM

Samuel Mark "Sam" Byram (born 16 September 1993) is a versatile youngster is comfortable in both a defensive or attacking position at right back or right-wing or central midfield. In May 2013, Byram was called up to the England Under 20 team. I love this player since FM 2013. He turns into something like in 2-4 seasons back then. His speed, skill and mentality attribute seems going right way. He really can develop into best right wing back in the world. Maybe i will keep this kid forever in Leeds. Lol.

LfJ0N8j.png

RODOLPH AUSTIN

Rodolph William Austin (born 1 June 1985) is a Jamaican footballer who plays as a midfielder. Austin also formerly captained the side. He also plays for the Jamaican national team. He is renowned as a tough tackling central midfielder who can also play as a central defender. Austin started his career at Portmore United in Jamaica, where he won the two domestic league titles and the CFU Club Championship. Definetely, the Best DM in the club. But he is in last year contract and he already 29. Maybe I will keep him in 2 or 3 years more, and preparing Wootton as his replacement.

ekEj2yj.png

LUKE MURPHY

Luke John Murphy (born 21 October 1989) is an English footballer who plays as a midfielder. He is a product of Crewe Alexandra's academy, for whom he served as club captain. One of the besat creative player in Leeds. but if you look in his attribute, physical attribute being his weakness. but still can be my Leeds first team in next 2-3 seasons. But maybe will be replaced with Casper Sloth after that.

w5IOvoC.png

ADRYAN

Brazilian playmaker Adryan arrived at Elland Road on a season-long loan from Flamengo during summer 2014. The deal bringing Adryan to West Yorkshire also includes the option to make his move permanent should he have a successful loan spell with the club. Back in FM 13-14, i always bought this kid to Leeds. He always turn into something everytime i bought him. In FM 2015, he already loaned into Leeds. but I can't make him permanent, since high demand in future fee contract.

cMA4rGt.png

GIUSEPPE BELLUSCI

Highly-rated Italian centre-back Giuseppe Bellusci initially arrived at Elland Road on a one-year loan deal with the view to a permanent move in August 2014. In my previous game, I will always bought him in may every saved games with high rated clubs like Southampton or Fiorentina. I never thought he will joined Leeds before since his value is really demanding. Suprised in FM 15, he join Leeds United. But I guess the attribute is downgraded from last season.

S1nfKBF.png

JASON PEARCE

Highly-rated defender Jason Pearce was former United manager Neil Warnock's first long-term signing in May 2012 when he joined the club from Portsmouth for an undisclosed fee. Jason, who started his career at Fratton Park as a trainee before moving along the coast to Bournemouth, was named Portsmouth's Player of the Year in 2011/12 and won seven of the nine supporters awards up for grabs. I always used him in may 14 saved. Hand in hand with Tom Lees back then. But with Bellusci, they will be the heart of Leeds defence.

MR4zZQv.png

MIRCO ANTENUCCI

On 19 August 2014 it was reported that Antenucci had agreed a deal with the Ternana Calcio captain to join Leeds United. It was confirmed on 20 August 2014 via the player's own Twitter account that he had joined Leeds United. In some pre-season match, he score 4 goals. Better than Sharp. I hope he scored a lot in this season.

JWQhseM.png

TOMMASO BIANCHI

On 8 July 2014, Bianchi started training with Leeds United ahead of a proposed three-year deal with the option of an additional year. His signing was confirmed via the Leeds United Official Twitter Page on July 12. On 1st August, Bianchi was assigned the Leeds number 14 shirt for the 2014/15 season. One of the best midfield in Leeds. In my opinion, he will be better than Murphy, since the physical attribute much much better than him. but will see. Never know what will happen in a season.

I will updated my key players every season completed and new season competition. Some will change of course. And I will always tried my best to use the young players in Leeds Youth System first.

9nl6aFc.png

LEEDS UNITED

PRE-SEASON

t2hqLal.png

For myself, our pre-season is going well enough. But still have not the right tactic i guess for them. Lost of opportunity, but less goal we had. Maybe the team still not blending well, i guess. Im added 4 match in pre-season, make it 8 pre-season games by hoping in every match, players will be more blending before the season started.

Win over Bristol City is a good start. But a draw with Leon should never happen, especially when the match is held at home. We came with tons of opportunity, but cannot even make 1 goal at all. Acceptable lose, when we come to Anderletch base. Mitrovic scored 2 goals made us come home with first lose in pre-season.

Five wins, 2 draws and 1 lose. I guess the team ready to go into first season under my managerial. Wish me luck!

;)

9nl6aFc.png

LEEDS UNITED

AUGUST - SEPTEMBER 2014 MATCH

bSTKbt0.png

I'm starting season 2014-2015 with a lose 1-3 from Millwall in away game. Pretty bad for my managerial career. It looks getting better when we won against Middlesbrough at Elland Road Stadium. And continue with won from Brighton, draw with Watford and win from Bolton. The lads already found their rhythm. Billy Sharp seems in his best form this month by scoring 3 goals. And also Brian Montenegro with 2 goals. Looks like we finished this month with glory. Let see what happen next month.

aK07g6N.png

September seems not to friendly with us. With 2 draws, 1 win and 1 lose. Since very first season started, away games seem so hard for us. Been pressed all time with opponent almost in every away games and never won. Especially with Brentford. We really can find goal at all. But, I'm very happy with Billy Sharp. He really seems to be our machine goal. Scoring 4 goals this month make him top goalscorer in September with 7 goals.

CAPITAL ONE CUP

wLB2qmD.png

Our journey in Capital One Cup should end early in the hand of Everton. beside, this cup is not in our priority anyway. The Board happy enough when we reach 3rd round.

9nl6aFc.png

LEEDS UNITED

OCTOBER - DECEMBER 2014 MATCH

tT9jpeb.png

Actually I'm not really happy with result this month. Draw at home with Reading and Wolves is something that should really never happen. We always leading and conceding at the end. The lads seem easily complacent with early goals. But so far I'm happy with our strikers. Billy sharp add another 4 goals, and hattrick by Antenucci is really something. My new signing, Denis Stracqualursi still sit on the bench this month. I don't want to interrupt our "in-form" forward. He should wait until one of them under performing and make his way to first team.

nomJ7ft.png

This is by far, our best month in this season. With 4 wins and 1 draw made me Manager of the Month in November. Denis Stracqualursi made his 1st appearance in this month because seems Antenucci start to lose his form. A lot of chance he missed made me think twice to put him as a starter. Not bad as Denis Stracqualursi scored in his debut. And he seems to be our pivot point at front with his physical attribute. Lot of assist come from his feet. And our defender, Pearce and Cooper made their first 2 goals this month. Cooper seems not to convince me at beginning. He is my third subs for Pearce or Bellusci. Our disaster come when Bellusci had to out of the field because of injury for 9 MONTHS!! (Im forget to screen capture this moment). At very first I'm using Wootton as Bellusci's replacement. I'm subbed him with Cooper in Blackpool's match and he scored our winning goals and also his debut!

As you can see, we not perform very well in this month. Surrender 2-5 from Nottingham Forest is the biggest away lose for me so far. We really drown in this game. Everybody, especially our defender in a really bad form! With rating under 6.00 of all, no wonder we can conceded 5 goals. The only thing that made me a bit happy, is our youngster, Alex Purver come to his debut and also scoring one goal! And the other bad thing is Antenucci had injury for 3 months also. Made me only had 4 strikers while I'm using 3 strikers formation. So Souleymane Doukara has his debut in this month in rotation with Montenegro. Paying my trust, he scoring 2 goals for Leeds this Month. and also 3 goals from Denis Stracqualursi. Our boxing day comes with a win from Wigan and draw with Derby.

9nl6aFc.png

LEEDS UNITED

WINTER TRANSFER

8FryXuu.png

As you can see, i bring in all free players into the club. Marcos Assuncao, Marcos Senna, Marko Mrkonjic, Antonio Pavic are four players who join Leeds in this winter transfer. Marcos Assuncao and Marcos Senna is definitely for back up my midfield and also for being tutor for our youngster. They are perfect role model for our youth midfield with high mentality attribute. Hope that our tutee can replicate this mentality attribute. I will contract for a season or two only for being tutor. Antoni Pavic and Marko Mrkonjic definitely bring in for future.

9nl6aFc.png

LEEDS UNITED

FA CUP

Q7Taa43.png

We definitely not perform very well in FA Cup. Lose 2-3 from Brentford is not what I had in mind. We perform very badly. Lots of opportunity cannot be converted into goals. Things worse with Billy Sharp missed penalty kick which he never missed one before. So our journey in FA Cup end here in the first game. Since we knocked out in Capital One and FA Cup, from now on, we can concentrate in Skybet Championship league now and then. Still chase promotion spot.

9nl6aFc.png

LEEDS UNITED

TRANSFER UPDATE

Mnvu7LO.png

ZubjE7k.png

Im decide to loan this 2 superb players from Mounir El Hamdaoui from Fiorentina and Simone Pepe from Juventus. Since Antenucci suffers long injury, I have to make replacement for him. I see Hamdaoui and Pepe can be great addition to the team, despite they have real problems with injuries. And in the end, if we satisfied with their performance, maybe we can have great deal to make them permanent.

In other hand, I had to terminated Montenegro's and Adryan's loan, since I have more option in our youth to perform in senior level. Like my objective at the first place, I want make the best of our youth players. I love Adryan's skill. But the price to make him permanent is too high for our financial state. And for Montenegro, I guess his skill will not developed as I wanted him to be. So Del Fabro is the last loan players in Leeds now.

T9yKfHn.png

YFanPvS.png

9nl6aFc.png

LEEDS UNITED

JANUARY - FEBRUARY 2015 MATCHS

6bwMOX7.png

We wrapped Januari with 2 wins, 1 lose and 1 draw. Draw from Birmingham and lose from Bournemouth is something not really have to happen when we play in our home base. I always get angry and aggressive if we lose in our home base. Glad when we came to Huddersfield's base and won 2 - 0 with goals from our new loan players, Simone Pepe and Mounir El Hamdaoui. Hope they can keep contributing to our game.

7dHx6Az.png

But the fact should go the other way, when Simone Pepe injury back strain in early February 2015 and should get treatment 4 weeks. And thing came to worse when Billy Sharp had to out of the field for 10-14 days for treatment gashed leg also in early February 2015. But I still have hope in Mounir El Hamdaoui when he started to show his capability and paying my trust when scoring goals for us. One when we came to Reading and when we faced Brighton. But in the second half in Brighton's game, Hamdaoui had to go to side of the field when he got torn calf muscle injury for 3 months! It means he will be off until end of the season. Fortunately, Billy Sharp has come back from his injury, so he can straight fill in Hamdaoui's spot, and scoring another goal in Brighton's game.

9nl6aFc.png

LEEDS UNITED

MARCH - MEI 2015 MATCHS

jyMBcW2.png

March has been Billy Sharp's month. He scoring in almost game except when faced Nottingham Forrest and Blackpool. He might be Skybet Championship Top Scorer if he always perform like this month.

JXAnJc1.png

April and May might be our determination month as our perform smoothen us to be Skybet Championship Winner. With 2 point leading from Norwich, we had to maintain it with keep winning in our 7 games left. We almost got it perfect if we can win over Wolves. But the fact, we had to surrender 0 - 1 in Wolves hand. But we can keep the distance from Norwich when we can overcome them 2 - 0 in our home base. And the rest of the game finally make our way back to Premier League next season!!

wPtsQeR.png

9nl6aFc.png

LEEDS UNITED

SEASON 2014 - 2015 REVIEW

SyL6Ps4.png

Picutre above is Leeds players stat over 2014 - 2015 season. As you can see from my prediction of my key players at the early thread, some of them really became Leeds key players. But some of them, like Giuseppe Bellusci should step aside because of injury, and Adryan cannot fulfil his spell since I got a lot midfield youth in my team like Alex Mowatt and Chris Dawson. I prefer to develop youth player who already member of the team, so I decided to terminate Adryan's loan. But some players, like Warnock, Wootton, Sloth, Stracqualursi, Doukara proven to be on of our key players too with their consistent performance when being subs. We scored total 97 goals. We became team who scoring goals the most in Skybet Championship. And conceded 54 goals make us number 6th at fewest goals conceded. Goal different is 43 goals.

Most appearances:

1. Stephen Warnock - 44(1) apps

2. Billy Sharp - 43(2) apps

3. Sam Byram - 43(1) apps

4. Luke Murphy - 42(1) apps

5. Jason Pearce - 40 apps

Most goals:

1. Billy Sharp - 28 goals

2. Mirko Antenucci - 19 goals

3. Denis Stracqualursi - 8 goals

4. Souleymane Doukara - 7 goals

5. Casper Sloth - 5 goals

Stephan Warnock

Veteran left back in team. Although this season he perform well, I doubt he can compete in Premier League. He made 354 tackles with 290 wins. The most tackles on our team. Planned Aidan White as his successor, but it takes more time than I thought.

Billy Sharp

Our top goalscorer for this season with 28 goals from 77 on target shot and 201 minutes on the pitch per goals. He also made 11 assists. Irreplaceable for the season unless he injured.

Sam Byram

The best right wing back at the moment. Made 10 assists, 194 tackles with 166 won the whole season. He also made 428 crosses with 58 succeeded. He definitely will be kept for out first team squad.

Luke Murphy

Even though he made lots of appearance, he not flashy in stat. As midfield, he only made 4 assists, 3 goals and 120 tackles. I was expecting he can contribute more in assist.

Jason Pearce

He become heart of our defence. with 40 appearances, Pearce made 7.10 average rating and 3 goals. If you look deep inside his season stat, he made 161 tackles over the season with 144 won and 488 interceptions. I will keep him for the first season in Premier League and see if he can continue to be our captain and best defender, or should he be replaced or not.

Scott Wootton

At first he became replacement for Rodolph Austin when he injuried. But he really became first team, when Giuseppe Bellusci had to out of field for 9 months. Side by side with Pearce, Wootton starts to give his best performance at the back. Made 181 tackles, 152 won and 378 interceptions.

======================================================================

vLTE0Gk.png

Sam Byram is voted as Leeds united Fans Player of the year. I think this kid has bright future in the club. Somehow, I will try hard to keep him until he retired.

ywZi2EE.png

And this is Leeds best Eleven this season. All players except Marco Amelia, is they who already in the club before my managerial came in. Since we didn't have a lot transfer budget last season, we simply cannot afford to buy quality players except youth.

6OlDYW3.png

Billy Sharp didn't make it to be Top Goalscorer in Skybet. Derby's Chris Martin overstepped him with 27 goals in Skybet Championship.

0JqP8Ew.png

But I made it to Manager of the Year. Pretty good achievement for the first season.

AMr2yiL.png

Some of Leeds player can make it into Skybet Team of the Year. Jason Pearce and Sam Byram made it into first team. While Rodolph Austin, Billy Sharp and Antenucci made it into subs.

YvSTdcG.png

MbVMIVE.png

Dt2a27z.png

Meanwhile in Premier League, Liverpool finally made dream come true to become champion, with Man City and Man Utd is on 2nd and 3rd respectively. Liverpool do the double since they won the FA Cup too.

Capital One Cup is won by Man City. West ham, QPR and Stoke City had to go down to Skybet Championship. So thats conclusion in our first season. We'll see what happen in the next season when we jumped in Premier League.

9nl6aFc.png

LEEDS UNITED

SEASON 2015 - 2016 PREPARATION

Finally, Leeds United can make it to Premier League again since 2003 - 2004. This season, preparation is everything. I have to make a lot of changes this season. Looking at the other team in Premier League, I think my squad should strengthen a lot specially at the . Some players are in their last year contract. As I said at the very beginning, my aim is to develop youth system and also develop youth players. So I'm looking to sell some of them (players in their last year contract) while I can and reinvested in youth players.

BOARD EXPECTATION

c6V5JvM.png

Board give me 3 expectation to choose, either I want to avoid relegation, mid-table position or respectable position. I choose mid-table position if looking into my squad at the moment. I think we can win over fellow promoted club and some other club. I'm not looking a win if we see big seven clubs.

And so, I have 7.48M pound sterling and 357K pound sterling per week. With some players out on free transfer and sold, I have plenty wage budget left that I can convert into transfer budget. I'm not planning to give a players with big wage. My target is max in 25K/week to star player and below for first team.

FACILITY IMPROVED

hmr1PGX.png

Since my aim is to reach young players potential, so I'm asking to board to improved youth facility. And with pretty hard bargain, they finally approved my request. It take a year to finish improving our youth facility.

================================================

TRANSFER 2015 - 2016

I spend a lot of time in this pre-season to looking and scout young players around the world and also first team replacement or rotation. First thing on my mind, when we look at team statistic last season and of course a lot of world-class strikers in Premier League, I had to strengthen our defence. And it is not easy to find players with un-noticed quality and want to play in Leeds. I often see dead end when players that I want to brought in didn't want to play in team like Leeds structure. We are considered not big enough to some players to fulfil their ambition. And in some circumstances, I had to go to free transfer market or transfer listed players to search players with quality. And finally we come with 14 signings, make Leeds the most active in this transfer season.

rm8e2Iu.png

TRANSFER IN

pTSMsmK.png

5oSaEhC.png

JAMES HUSBAND

Since Warnock will turning 34 y.o this year, I brought the England U-21 Left Back, James Husband with 3.1M pound sterling with a lot contract clausal. Actually I brought him to his hometown, since he was born in Leeds. He came from Leeds United Academy before moving to Doncaster. Charlie Taylor doesn't turn into fit replacement for Warnock yet. Maybe need 2-3 seasons for Taylor to made it into first team as rotation. And apparently, I planned to made Aidan White a winger since his defence attribute seems not good enough to be a defender. And somehow, I believe Husband can be instant replacement for Warnock. Side by side with Byram, the England future full-back is in our hand. I plan to train him in all lefty position.

E4Ml7ZP.png

DECLAN RUDD

Stuart Taylor come to his retirement end of last season. With Marco Amelia turning 33 this year and Marco Silvestri seems doesn't good enough performance last season, I had to find future replacement. Declan Rudd quality is not seen by Norwich since they have John Ruddy. So I decided to bring him in with only 1.3M pound sterling. With 1.91 meter height, he will perfectly to guide our goal. He will compete first team goalkeeper with Nicola Leali.

ADe4MJu.png

CARLOS ARAUJO

Carlos Araujo, the 34 y.o right wing back brought in as back up. With transfer fee only 20K pound sterling and wage 5K/week, he will be perfect back up and also will be good mentor for our young players. His attribute still doing well so far. His overall speed and stamina still above 10 is really something remembering his age. I'm decided to contract him in 2 years length.

OZ8pkb2.png

EZEQUIEL CIRIGLIANO

I can't describe how lucky we are to get Cirigliano in free transfer market. This player is brought for Rodolph Austin replacement in the future. Good defence attribute with more creative ability, he will be our own "Pirlo" or "Lampard" in the future, and also his leadership and determination is fit to be our future captain. I believe in next 2-3 years, he will be our midfield commander.

cNkpRiF.png

NICOLA LEALI

I can convinced Leali that he will be important to our club and maybe become a legend since he out of contract from Juventus and didn't get a new one. As I said earlier, he will compete with Declan Rudd for first team goalkeeper. But somehow I'm favour Leali to be our first. But I should see some performance for him to convince me.

QnnB4Zb.png

FEDERICO BERNARDESCHI

Fiorentina is lucky to have Bernardeschi. But we more lucky to loan him, and can land him permanently in the future with 6M pound sterling. Young Italian winger with speed and skill, good mentality attribute and very versatile. What can I ask for more? Bernardeschi is brought to give us variation formation with winger forward. Last season we not have any capable winger player.

dG3jbRt.png

ANTE REBIC

Same as Bernardeschi, Rebic is brought to give us variation formation with winger. But he can also be lethal forward for our team. Proven by pre-season match, he give a lot contribute in assists and goals. His movement is always fussed opponent defence.

luqpwoK.png

MICHELE CANINI

My last effort for strengthen our defence in facing Premier League. I can't bring in other players with quality we want since they asking for high price or players that we want doesn't want to play in Leeds. Canini, the 30 y.o Italian defender seems can passing through Jason Pearce and Giuseppe Bellusci when looking into his attribute. Kinda worried with lack of concentration actually.

BCJAvPZ.png

ANDERSON

Anderson has been released by Man Utd and available in free transfer. I decided to snap him, and plan to convert him into winger since I think he has winger attribute.

3BuTaKO.png

BORJA GARCIAA

We really need depth of strikers. Since we already sold Sharp and Antenucci, we only have 2 strikers, Straqualursi and Doukara. So I decided to loan Borja Garcia from Real Madrid. I think he can fill the space left by Antenucci. His overall technique in paper is better than Antenucci. And he very versatile. Hope he can work together with Straqualursi and Doukara.

iEHe0ys.png

ZOLTAN STIEBER

Loan from Hamburg, for rotation or backup if one of our winger or forward injury. I think Bernardechi, Rebic, Garcia and Stieber can rotation one another since they all versatile player.

eqSNx9T.png

LORENZO CRISETIG

Transfer listed by Inter, Crisetig found himself as rotation in Leeds United to cover Cirigliano and Austin. I think he has more to give to team with his balance attack and defence ability. Maybe in the near future, I will sell Austin and probably Murphy, if he and Cirigliano already capable.

OJwxuyH.png

Other players I brought in like Odegaard, Alli, Mihajlovic, Lulic, Gomez and Del Fabro is prepared for the future. By youth facility is start to improve and finished next year, I think they can develop into a great players.

TRANSFER OUT

David Norris, Zac Thompson, Ross Killock, Alex Cairns, Eric Grimes, Afalobi Coker, Lewie Coyle, Kalvin Phillips are set for release to free transfer. David Norris is far past his peak and the others didn't show good development. Marcos Senna is given free transfer since I'm already have a lot quality midfield and I'm not sure if he can compete in Premier League with physical attribute that dramatically drop.

I'm loaning out some of my hot prospect so they can have playing experience as starter. Most of loaned players already get tutored from experienced players in last season, so this year is their season to have more playing time. A Full season or two I guess is enough to make their way into first team rotation in Leeds squad. I have great expectation to players like Mowatt, Cook, Dawson, Gomez that someday they can be Leeds backbone in the future.

Billy Sharp and Mirko Antenucci sold to Aston Villa and WBA respectively. I had to sell them while I can and we make great profit too while selling them. Thank Billy and Mirko. See you in the game.

STAFF TRANSFER

AQZ1CjY.png

Since we promoted to Premier League, Board give us more coach allowed for our first team. Nikcevic's contract is over and I decided no to extend since we have more capable option to be my assistant manager. I want to be surrounded by international experienced. That's why i brought in some ex-player with international reputation with expectation that they can give more experience to my team and youth.

So, we are set to go!

9nl6aFc.png

LEEDS UNITED

PRE-SEASON 2015 - 2016

m4o1bIF.png

We set our pre-season into 8 games. My purpose is to blending the team since there's a lot new faces came in. In the first 3 games, Antenucci and Sharp still on the team. We have 6 wins and 2 draws. Pretty good for pre-season. So far, i'm happy not only with the result but also with the harmony of the team. As you can see, Bernardeschi pretty flashy with 3 goals he scored in few games. So time to bring this performance into competition.

9nl6aFc.png

LEEDS UNITED

AUGUST 2015

w6vKHgM.png

So finally, time has come for us to facing first game in Premier League since 2003-2004. In opening match, we had to visited Newcastle ground. The lads fought all out for their first game. But we beaten by referee's dubious decision that give a penalty kick for Newcastle. I'm upset with referee decision and decide to harshly criticised the FA. Since shown that the decision has gone wrong, FA silent over my criticism. So we had first game in Premier League with first lose in the season and Newcastle won their first game with the help from referee. What a shame.

In second game, we had to face Arsenal in our ground and expected to lose. But we had leading with Cirigliano's goal, but then Arsenal finally equalised the game.

Third game we faced WBA at their ground. With victory over Ipswich Town in Capital One, the team finally get first win in Premier League 1-0. Goal scored by Anderson in early games and it stay still until the end of the game.

SDwLmCy.png

================================================== ====================

CAPITAL ONE

VQdpaqF.png

We have drawn with Ipswich Town in Capital One and win it 3-1 with confident make us through next round. All of our goals are scored by new faces. Hopefully this is a turning point for us in from two loses at Premier League

9nl6aFc.png

LEEDS UNITED

SEPTEMBER 2015

0Fn9bHG.png

I'm very complacent with our result this month. The lads show their true quality when we come to Burnley base by won the game 2-3 with late minute goal by Bellusci from corner kick. We alson win from Crystal Palace, with Doukara's and Straqualursi's goal. The game with Southampton is the 2nd game with them since we also meet them earlier in Capital One Cup. Once again the lads show determination till the end and square the game by Bernardeschi's goal. With this 2 wins and 1 draw, I get award for top boss this September. This is really pleasing for me actually since bad start we had in August. A win in Capital One Cup make this month become truly inspiring for us in next performance.

kVpOqjG.png

CAPITAL ONE

HGYkB7Y.png

We knocked out Southampton in Capital One Cup by win 1-0 in their home base with Garcia's goal in early 2nd half. And score stay still until the end of the game.

9nl6aFc.png

LEEDS UNITED

OCTOBER 2015

mmSbMR3.png

This month is really incredible for us. Casper Sloth gives us superb performance in every match. He almost score in every match, include very fabulous strike free kick while vs Manchester City that saves us from losing. Also a win vs Premier League 2015-2015 champion, Liverpool 4-1 is really amazing performance for us. Casper Sloth also scoring in Liverpool match. Makes he English Premier Division Player of the Month in October. Also his goal while vs Hull become the 2nd goal of the month in October. Meanwhile, a long strike outside penalty box from Rudy Austin became the 1st goal of the month. With this solid performance, I've been awarded Manager of the Month in October also. Complete achievement for team who just promoted into Premier League.

3WO3Yw4.png

x2Y4fKA.png

e6HxxJS.png

CAPITAL ONE

omX08ek.png

The 4th round of Capital One Cup we have drawn with Middlesbrough, one of our rival while in Skybet Championship. Ante Rebic shown solid performance by scoring hattrick include one goal from white spot. With 4-0 win, we continue to next round, which already pass board's expectation.

9nl6aFc.png

LEEDS UNITED

NOVEMBER - DECEMBER 2015

D7nRMGA.png

So Here's our result from November to December. We lose 0-1 from Sunderland in injury time 2nd half. The lads seem out of luck in front of goal. Lots opportunity cannot be converted into goals. And if you see match vs Tottenham, we draw 3-3 by scored 2 goals first by our U-21 players Robbie McDaid. Then they payback with 3 goals straight. Fortunately, we can equalised in last minute. We should highlight team performance while vs Aston Villa, Leicester City and especially Chelsea. They made tons of opportunity, but Leali played very well to make clean sheet. We play brilliantly to score over 3 goals in every match. If you see scorer section, Straqualursi starts to score regularly. He become our main threat to our enemy. He scored hattrick twice in Leicester's and Chelsea's match. But, we have to face 3 games with no win in boxing day in the end of the year. We lose from Man Utd and Everton also draw with Arsenal. But so far we closed half season with proud.

CAPITAL ONE

NriPqu5.png

We reach Fifth Round facing Aston Villa in Villa Park. Our striker show their capability in scoring goals. With Bernardeschi score 2, Straqualursi score one, delivering us to Capital One Semi Final. We exceed board expectation in Capital One which is good for my performance evaluation.

With 9 goals made, Straqualursi awarded with Player of the Month in December. Young Player of the Month November and December won by our young star, James husband in a row! He started to show his quality for our club.

gdjdjEc.png

w6kgO8A.png

TzbiYde.png

JOB INTERVIEW

Suprisingly, WBA offer me job interview as they wish me to become their manager. But since I'm committed to play in one club, I had to decline the interview.

4X8eXcG.png

9nl6aFc.png

LEEDS UNITED

WINTER TRANSFER

Since our start in Premier League goes pretty well, board offered us to change season expectations. Looking back to our late performance, I decided to raising challenge to finish in top half. As result, our transfer and wage budget has been raised either.

whpWoSf.png

So back to our squad. Since not perform very well, I decided to terminate loan of Borja Garcia, Zoltan Steiber and Ante Rebic back to their club. Meanwhile, Bernardeschi stays since his convert performance as a striker goes very well

zLUdH1d.png

Our defence seems not good enough to survive in Premier League. Tower duet between Bellusci and Pearce seems not longer strong to face Premier League's strikers. Wootton and Del Fabro still not develop into something that we expected them to be. So I decided to bring some fresh player to strengthen our defence. Nacho will be perfect addition and since he is on transfer list so we can get him cheaply. And so to strengthen our attack outlet, unsettled Attacking Midfielder, Thorgan Hazard brought to Leeds. In other hand, I'm still recruiting young player to regenerate players in Leeds United. I bring Djalo and Fezjic to give our youth more quality players.

bBygtH4.png

FaeVz7d.png

jrbiXuT.png

9nl6aFc.png

LEEDS UNITED

JANUARY - FEBRUARY 2016

keOAaq2.png

So finally get down to start another half season. In January, we won 2 first match in Elland Road. First, we can get revenge 1-0 with Newcastle where we lost at the very first game in Premier League back to August. And we win confidently over WBA 4-0 with Straqualursi hattrick and Crisetig goal. But in January - February we can get a single win when we came in away game in Premier League. Disaster come when we come to away game to Selhurst Park to face Crystal Place and lose 2-3. But in other side I can be happy with our youngster, Alex Mowatt who show superb performance by scoring 1 goal. Also in St Mary's, Liberty and Anfield. Our defence seem not performing very well when we came in away games. Conceded 4 goals is somehow proof that our defence really need injection with quality players.

Meanwhile, even our bad performance in away games, Berdardeschi still can scoop Young Player of the Month in January.

LTr711C.png

FA CUP

0B7lRlQ.png

We came to 3rd Round in FA Cup by facing Arsenal in Emirates Stadium, where we confidently win by 2-0. In 4th Round we came to Ashton Gate to hammered Bristol City 6-0 by superb performance from Straqualursi who score 4 goals. A draw game in Dean Court made us rematch in Elland Round with Bournemouth when we came with a win 3-1. But sadly our wonderfull journey in FA cup this year has to stop tragically by losing 0-4 from Southampton.

CAPITAL ONE CUP

GuKYc1C.png

We drawn to facing Chelsea in Capital One Semi Final. With draw 0-0 in Stamford Bridge, we had to rematch in Elland Road which stopped our journey in Capital One since draw 3-3 in our home base. Since we lost in FA Cup and Capital One Cup, so our focus only how to get best result in Premier League.

9nl6aFc.png

LEEDS UNITED

MARCH - MAY 2016

okRyfT6.png

When we only have Premier League to focused on, our performance doesn't show true quality in the rest of the game. From 9 games left, we can only win 3 games. We lose from Derby, Leicester, Man Utd and Chelsea respectively. A humiliating defeat from Derby somehow doesn't need to happen if our striker can convert al chances into goals. We really dominating the game, but failed to find the net over and over again. With 41 chances, 19 shots are on target, but we can only score 2 goals. A different view from Derby when they only had 8 chances and 5 shots on target, they can score 3 goals.

xtNr0tR.png

Even our April features dominated by defeats, somehow Straqualursi named as Player of the Month of April.

XbsYrgL.png

JOB INTERVIEW

Dv810YK.png

Another job interview come from Hull. As usual, I had to turned it down since I want to be focused only in Leeds United.

9nl6aFc.png

LEEDS UNITED

SEASON 2015 - 2016 REVIEW

5F4jXso.png

xTOdEvL.png

This is Premier League standing 2015-2016. Liverpool can't maintain the title. Man Utd confirm the title even since 3 games left. Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea confirm ticket to Champions League next season. Surprisingly, we as newly promoted team finished at 6th by collecting 62 points from 18 wins and 8 draws. by that we qualify to EURO Cup qualification next season. All i can say is our effort in training and recruiting new players in early season give best result. Fellow promoted team, Derby and Norwich seems safe from degradation since they finish in 13th and 14th respectively. Fortunately, Sunderland, Crystal Palace and WBA had to drop to Skybet Championship League.

YVUnZHG.png

Picutre above is Leeds players stat over 2015 - 2016 season. Some player from existing squad still can keep their place in team, like Byram, Pearce, Bellusci, Austin and Sloth. But they really have to fight for their place in next season since a lot of fresh blood in our team who ready to snap first team place. Some fresh players start to show their value to the club by claiming spot in first team. Leali took spot in first team goalkeeper like he planned to be before season started. James Husband take quickly left wing back spot replacing Warnock who already dropped to U-21 squad. With 7.17 average rating from 43 appearances, Husband prove that he is worth to take first team place. Cirigliano and Crisetig sharing place as rotation for Austin and Sloth respectively and do their job brilliantly as subs or first team. Maybe in next season or two they can make their spot into first team squad. Straqualursi and Anderson shows that value doesn't have to be obstacle to give the very best performance. This signed-free striker, Straqualursi can be top scorer in Premier League this season by scoring 23 goals and scoring total 32 goals from 39 appearances. Meanwhile, Anderson can take first team spot by 33 appearances in first team with average rating 7.15.

Some players need to be loaded out since I think they already can't compete their place even for rotation. Some of them already given chances to show their capability for team, but shown opposite. Stephen Warnock will be give free transfer by the end of the season. Meanwhile I will try to offer to clubs names like, Tommaso Bianchi, Liam Cooper, Luke Murphy, Michele Canini, Gaetano Berardi, Souleymane Doukara, Aidan White, Nicky Ajose. Hope they can get proper chance in other clubs.

Most appearances:

1. Giuseppe Bellusci - 45(2) apps

2. James Husband - 43 apps

3. Nicola Leali - 43 apps

4. Jason Pearce - 42(2) apps

5. Denis Stracqualursi - 39 apps

Most goals:

1. Denis Straqualursi - 32 goals

2. Federico Bernardeschi - 14 goals

3. Anderson - 7 goals

4. Doukara, Crisetig, Sloth and Bellusci - 4 goals

5. Rudy Austin - 3 goals

MWVETcN.png

Denis Straqualursi is voted as Leeds united Fans Player of the year. Hope he can maintain his performance.

SzFMkBP.png

And this is Leeds best Eleven this season. Almost all filled with new faces. Only left Bellusci, Pearce, Austin, Sloth Doukara and White from old managerial.

NoJBldl.png

Straqualursi made it into Premier League top scorer with 23 goals! He beats world class striker, Higuain and Lukaku to get there. Hope he can continue his performance next season.

AMr2yiL.png

Straqualursi and Bernardeschi made it into Premier League Team of the Year. Bernardeschi's performance convince me to make him permanent in next season.

5maZWLc.png

4dwR8N9.png

Capital One Cup is won by Chelsea, the team who defeat us in Semi Final. In other hand, FA Cup won by Southampton. Also the team who beat us in 6th Round. So yeah, they deserve it.

9nl6aFc.png

LEEDS UNITED

PLAYERS DEVELOPMENT

lyZ6Pk8.png

SAM BYRAM

This kid has developing a lot in this 2 years. As you can see picture above, his overall attribute has been raising in almost every area. But the most notable development is in decision, agility and strength. As you can see, even his weight is reduced. And I'm also added new position so he can play as attacking winger. So his progress has been amazing over this 2 years. I'm continue to tracking his development.

7m9VlYw.png

JASON PEARCE

Our Captain seems has development to his full potential. Even play in higher competition doesn't improve his overall capability. His physical attribute seems stagnant. Most notable progress is in his anticipation, concentration, leadership and positioning raising a bit. I'm afraid he won't survive long enough in our first team. Two or three season max and then he's out or maybe he can stay in U-21 to mentoring our youngster. Let see where the future holds.

FLd1oZa.png

GIUSEPPE BELLUSCI

Our Vice Captain is vice versa with our Captain, already close to his full potential I guess. The only notable progress is in his positioning. I had to find some replacement quickly to cover them.

WPe58HW.png

RODOLPH AUSTIN

Our key player back when we were in Skybet Championship. As we can see, his physical attribute starts to drop. I guess he already pass his peak and decelerate. The only notable progress only in his positioning.

This is key players left from the managerial before me. So maybe next season I will introduce our new key players to see their development

9nl6aFc.png

LEEDS UNITED

SEASON 2016 - 2017 PREPARATION

This is our second season since finally made it back to Premier League. Our transfer we made last season become foundation for our squad. This season I'm not gonna close opportunity to sell our quality player if interesting bids made. And also some players had to out due their incapability to compete for the first team. Aim for this season's transfer is to find replacement and revitalisation squad.

BOARD EXPECTATION

tPck2bV.png

Looking back to last season standing, I believe that we can achieve top half finish this season. And by looking transfer budget this season, I believe that the expectation can be fulfil.

FACILITY IMPROVED

67pIKZG.png

VM7hLdt.png

Continuing my aim since very beginning, I constantly ask the board to upgrade youth facility and recruitment. With this upgrade, i hope Leeds can attract and produce best local talents.

TRANSFER 2015 - 2016

We had a pretty lot budget to wisely spend it. First thing first, I decided to make permanent move for Bernardeschi since his amazing performance last season. I think this is the right move since we only few forward option. And then I decided to sell some players like Bianchi, Canini, Berardi and Doukara. I think they didn't show enough quality to compete for first team. And then, come an interesting 7.75 M pound sterling transfer bid for Casper Sloth that I can't resist. Sloth came to Leeds with only 600K pound sterling. So I made a lot of profit from selling him to Burnley. Then I made offer for Zach Clough from Bolton. I considered him as hot prospect striker for the future. The deal has made but with clausal that I had to loan him back to Bolton until the end of the season.

At first, everything come slowly in transfer market. But somehow, a 16.25 M pound sterling offer come for Denis Straqualursi from Aston Villa. An offer that definitely we can't resist. Straqualursi come from free transfer from 2014 - 2015 season. So we made a very huge profit by selling him to Aston Villa. By selling him, made us only have 1 option in forward that made me quickly sign Ademilson, Kenedy and Berisha to complete my forward line for next season.

Another transfer considered as coup for us is Gerhardt and Wilshere and Vermaelen who putted in transfer list by Arsenal and Barca respectively.

bfNJ9BW.png

TRANSFER IN

kycsRM3.png

FEDERICO BERNARDESCHI

Bernardeschi display amazing performance last season that make me convince to make him permanent. And my effort to make him a striker seems going very well as he finally natural with striker position. With Ademilson and Kenedy, I hope we can scoring a lot of goals this season.

dQHGw79.png

ZACH CLOUGH

I've planned Clough to be back up in next season since we had to loaned him back to his old club, Bolton. Basicly I can't say much about him, but looking at his attribute, i think he can be promising in the future.

B5tiMeZ.png

ADEMILSON

I brought Ademilson from Sao Paulo to fill our striker spot left by Straqualursi. I think Ademilson will fit our playing style rather than Straqualursi. With speed, skill and finishing, I count on him to do more than scoring. With his fellow Brazilian, Kenedy, I hope they doesn't take much time to fit in with our playing style.

c946p3h.png

THOMAS VERMAELEN

Thomas Vermaelen doesn't have enough time to proof his quality in Barca found himself in transfer list. I decide to brought him since our defender need to be strengthen. Bellusci and Pearce will found them self as rotation as I found better defender in Vermaelen and Nacho. I really hope Vermelen can give big contribution in our defence this season.

Cf5y3du.png

KENEDY

Brazil U-21 star, Kenedy brought to be our goal machine in this season. Side by side with Ademilson and Bernardeschi, I hope they can produce lot goals this season. Still young and can developed into star player in near future with skill and pace above average. He will be our main goal outlet this season.

H5jffTL.png

VALMIR BERISHA

I got him on free transfer. He's still young, good skill, speed. I guess he can start to be our back up this season and I hope he will come up with something this season. Valmir Berisha complete our search in striker position.

OIicVYK.png

ALBERTO DE LA BELLA

http://i.imgur.com/vOTjBwU.png[/img]"]De La Bella brought as an rotation for our left back division. If he can give consistent performance, I don't see why he cannot be in first team choice. I hope his experience can be one of the reason to give us good performance.

BTJmFNc.png

YANNICK GERHARDT

I think Gerhardt will be more than Sloth's replacement. With above average skill in attack and defend also great physical condition, no wonder he will be our new star.

c9mMXE7.png

JACK WILSHERE

I really wonder why Arsenal put him on transfer list. I think Wilshere has enough capability to make goal chances for our team. With him and Gerhardt on board, Anderson, Crisetig and Mowatt will dropped into rotation.

TRANSFER OUT

As early said, I sold Sloth and Straqualursi as interesting transfer offer came in. I have no plan to sell them in the first place. But for Bianchi, Canini, Berardi, Doukara, White and Ajose, they time has come in Leeds since they can't compete for spot in first team. Warnock already set for release as his contract come to end.

SHOCKING NEWS

rbmUZEg.png

sX6NlGt.png

They finally decide to retire this season.

JOB INTERVIEW

Following Van Gal retirement, Man Utd offer a job interview to coach their team. Like usual, I had to reject this interview.

cWsHRTh.png

cx6v9Hp.png

So, another season begin!

Maybe you could use the job offers to get your board to upgrade your facilities because if you attend the interview you normally get a meeting with the board in which they will ask you what it would take for you to stay. You don't always get what you want but you can always reject the job offer and stay at Leeds at the end anyway.

Maybe you could use the job offers to get your board to upgrade your facilities because if you attend the interview you normally get a meeting with the board in which they will ask you what it would take for you to stay. You don't always get what you want but you can always reject the job offer and stay at Leeds at the end anyway.

ow really? Never knew about that actually. Maybe I'll try it next time when another job interview coming. Thanks for the input, mate.

Archived