[FM15] Santa's Little Helper

Maier

Hello everybody! First at all I want to introduce myself and why I started this career update topic. I have played CM:s and FM:s so long I can remember. When I buyed new FM15 I decide that I will make own topic because it sounds fun and especially because I need much language practise. Maybe you have noticed that english is not my mother tongue so I will appreciate if you can comment that thread and say if I spell something wrong. I know that I need help with grammar. :)

Team which I taked is not usually choice. Somebody of you have read news about FC Santa Claus which is lower league team in Finland. Its located in town called Rovaniemi which haves Santa Claus village for tourists etc. I think it must be funny if I will be their manager especially because its Christmas! I have loaded Finnish second division from this there: http://www.fmsuomi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=160&t=9939 In this thread I will post messages where is two or three months in one.

I must say that I dont know anything about that team. Logo is nice and it plays in Finland's Second Division group North. In game division's name is Kakkonen pohjoinen. Season will be played on summer because winter is not so warm in Lapland.

I hope that you can see those images.

1zlu8ox.jpg

Nice logo and colors.

30cc65z.jpg

Manager is international person. First name is some kind of joke.

11azp6g.jpg

I need more players because team is having grey names. I checked and there is no juniors so I will take some free agents.

j5awea.jpg

There is my first transfers. Many of them are for MC/AMC or DL/DR positions because those are areas where we needed more players. They were free agents and I signed them with amateur contracts. Problem was that scouting range was not so large and players wanted too much so I taked what I can. The main thing was that I will get more players and larger squad.

2r3v4ok.jpg

This is my tactic. I wanted something like old Brazilian box midfiel tactic where wingbacks will be vital part of our attacking strategies. Its looks also like Santa Claus's sleigh. :rolleyes: Im not sure will it work but we will see.

image_winter_rovaniemi_finland_lapland_bridge.jpg

In Finland there is insane preseason because season ends on October and starts on end of April. So many months where only thing is play friendlies. This semiprofessional team can not even train those players very well. I think that I will go on holidays and come back to Rovaniemi when sun is warming grounds. I have scheduled a lot of friendlies so players match fitness will be up when season starts.

Thanks everybody for your comments. @Lenzar maybe spare reindeers? :rolleyes:

I was wrong about preseason schedule because there is Finnish Cup(named Suomen Cup in the game) before season. I noticed that when I looked more closely to schedule so I didnt missed it.

b962ap.jpg

I think there is not so much important information about friendlies. Players needed match fitness and those games was for it. In Finnish Cup 4th round we destroyed BK-46 which is second division team too. I think beforehand that it will be tough match but we played absolutely brilliant that day. Fifth round match versus Huima was awful performance because they are third division team and we needed penalties for continue to next round. Next image is about sixht round match:

1zobx1d.jpg

Honka is Finnish premier league team so it was like Mike Tyson on featherweight match. Their manager is also Shefki Kuqi. That former striker who have played for English Premier League teams and is known about his famous flying bull celebration. We scored first goal but then we had no chance. There was huge difference between our teams.

2643_g.jpg

I could not resist temptation so this is picture where Honka manager Shefki Kuqi is doing his celebration. Maybe he will use it on his manager career too? :D

I have played to July and I think this is good point where to check how we have played.

3449lbr.jpg

We are on good spot because media predicted that we will be on relegation battle. Sadly only best team will qualifie to promotion playoffs but maybe we can gather that three points difference.

zk048k.jpg

We have played well on every match. There is little quality difference between top teams and us but I think we are tactically more organizied. There is lots of potential if we can play how we can on good days.

464935_308728369181680_1681587594_o.jpg

Nightless night with midnight sun. Must be mentioned because team is based on Lapland and we are on summer period of season.

[video=youtube_share;daip9S4piP4]

This years(or last years) Coca Cola's christmas video is filmed on Rovaniemi's Santa Claus village. And for clarification I dont work for CC company or Rovaniemi's marketing section so dont blame me about advertising their products. :p

• 3 months later...

Archived