How different is the game if you can run all leagues/divisions?

I run maximum leagues FM comes with plus another 68 countries and England down to FA Vase level Divisions.

It is slow but certainly worth it. I am hoping English clubs will not dominate World Football as much as they do when you have English Leagues only.

Plus it's nice to know that Suva have just retained their Fiji National League title. :D

And of course just wondering where in the World's first tycoon will show up. :D

El Presidente how slow are we talking about? I run all the leagues in England, Spain, Germany, France, Portugal, Russia, Hollnd and Turkey and have no issue with the speed the game plays at. Want to add more leagues as I love scouring the globe for youngsters and logic would dictate the more league I have the more youngsters to find. However I don't want to the game to run so slowly it kills the fun.

Also if you unsubscribe from most of the leagues you normally load would that speed things up?

i also play with a lot of leagues, not all but about 85-90 and and roughly 40 countries.

i havent got the slightest idea if my theory is right, but i guess i do play with all those leagues, as it leads to more competetion and this should lead to more good players, which should give the ai a better chance to assembe good squads. Should work in theory, but whether it does work out like that or not in game, i havent really tested. I just play :)

in regards to competetion, it should be noted, that i wont face a greyed out and poor teams in europe, it will always be teams playable leagues and such im quite certain that its little harder, atleast it was so in old versions, is it still the same??

I play in the danish super league, so my team is average by continental standards, so i dont get easy rides. Teams like dinamo zagreb or partizan beograd are tougher, but im comparing to older versions, so if greyed out teams are just as strong as teams from fully playable leagues, then my whole fm theory just went boom :)

I play all leagues FM comes with but no custom leagues - all in maximum detail and maximum database size. It runs really well on a 2013 Retina Macbook Pro although I do have the occasional crash right after the team selection screen.

It's not super fast but acceptable for me. Im usually doing something else while playing so it works well! It usually takes about 30 seconds to 3 minutes tops to process. Sometimes a little longer at months end. It's pretty acceptable for me considering the gigantic world it's processing!

I really feel it adds to the realism and immersion of the game so highly recommend it.

Think I'm going to load all leagues in Europe and South America though not sure if I should add them in in my current save or start again. About half way through the 2nd season. Leagues added in midway through a game appear at the end of a season right?

Think I'm going to load all leagues in Europe and South America though not sure if I should add them in in my current save or start again. About half way through the 2nd season. Leagues added in midway through a game appear at the end of a season right?

Correct Rocky. There are certain ways to make the game run slightly faster with a lot of leagues. Detail level for a start. Shove everything on minimum including your own country will speed it up a tad. As I have said I have a lot of custom leagues loaded too. I've got used to the speed now. Got to the end of the 1st season.

You can also put all leagues on view only. This is much quicker but no where near as interesting.

i also play with a lot of leagues, not all but about 85-90 and and roughly 40 countries.

i havent got the slightest idea if my theory is right, but i guess i do play with all those leagues, as it leads to more competetion and this should lead to more good players, which should give the ai a better chance to assembe good squads. Should work in theory, but whether it does work out like that or not in game, i havent really tested. I just play :)

in regards to competetion, it should be noted, that i wont face a greyed out and poor teams in europe, it will always be teams playable leagues and such im quite certain that its little harder, atleast it was so in old versions, is it still the same??

I play in the danish super league, so my team is average by continental standards, so i dont get easy rides. Teams like dinamo zagreb or partizan beograd are tougher, but im comparing to older versions, so if greyed out teams are just as strong as teams from fully playable leagues, then my whole fm theory just went boom :)

Dude I hate playing greyed out players, I definitely think its easier. This is pretty evident in the North American Champions League, its just too easy for MLS sides if you don't load all players in other north American countries, when in reality it really isn't.

Don't forget the detail level. As a general rule I start at the low end with a lower league club and put all the places that I can scout on maximum detail, including under 21s, under 19s, under 18s etc. As my scouting range increases so I increase the detail level of the game. keep in mind however that the more countries and leagues that you have on ( ALL ) detail the slower the game will be in simulating it all. By the time I reach the top leagues and have the world on all I tend to read a book or listen to music while the game churns through all it's data. It is however much more realistic this way.

Archived