An Englishman in Edinburgh

Liam2829

802px-Heart_of_Midlothian_FC_logo.svg.png

Right, first of all, hello everyone, I'm new to this forum, but have been reading it for some time now. I originally started with FM Handheld, first on PSP and then on my Kindle. However, FMH doesn't look like it's gonna get any better so this year I emigrated to FM 15. At first I was overwhelmed by the sheer amount of detail but I soon got used to most of it after playing a couple of saves; one with my beloved Wolves (finished 5th in the Championship), one with Arsenal (2nd and won the League Cup) and one with Shrewsbury (on FM Classic, finished 6th in L2). So I'm not by any stretch a worldbeater and I might utterly fail in this new save I'm creating, but worth the try eh?

Oh yeah, the new save. I've been reading a few threads on here this past week or so (Makoto Nakamura's The Perfectionist, AcidBurn's Kim-Jong Acid (:D:D), JDownie's A Scotsman Abroad - the title owes a bit to that, sorry - and kris0710's Europe via anywhere and probably everywhere, to name but a few) and I was debating over what sort of save to attempt: should I be a journeyman? A one-club man? Or should I just see how it goes? Well, I opted for the latter. I loaded England to BSN/S; Germany to the 2.Bundesliga; Italy to Serie B; Scotland to SL2 and Spain to LIGA adelante, with a medium database.

After going over where I should start, I settled on Scotland; and as Edinburgh is a city I really want to visit, Edinburgh. However, which of the Edinburgh clubs? I decided on HEARTS, because I had a save on FMH 2009 (my first FMH) where I distinctly remember losing the title in my second season to Celtic on GD. I enjoyed that one, but don't remember much else. So, off to creating the manager profile (I'm 17 but obviously 17 year old managers are a bit far fetched to say the least, so I put my date of birth down as 28 November 1980 instead of 1997). I set my badges as Continental A and my reputation as Professional Footballer (National Level) - here is my profile:

2_zps0f034162.png

Now to the main news screen, and a personal message from the chairwoman Ann Budge.

1_zps639162a6.png

I'll attend the meetings later; first I must check out my squad.

3_zps3497421d.png

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii564/Liam2829/b322cda6-f5c3-4576-808d-18b0af8b1380_zps587e0d9d.png~original

(I'm new to the art of posting screenshots, I cropped the image but it wouldn't show up on here unless it was the full page so I just posted a link instead, sorry)

At first glance, I seem to have a decent squad, although it's clear I need another right back, another right winger and perhaps another striker. I only have £200k to play with however.

That's enough for now, my next update will be at the end of pre season with any transfer news etc. A warning; I'm a fairly slow player; takes about a week on average to do a season, as I haven't always got the time but hopefully with the Xmas holidays coming up I will have more time. Thanks for reading, I hope this save will be a good 'un!

P.S: How do you post images? I tried to post the Hearts badge up the top but couldn't so just posted a link instead.

EDIT: I'm still currently sorting a tactic out (tactics are one of the hardest aspects of this game for me; takes me a long while to create one) and have only played 2 games of pre-season, and tomorrow I'm going out to the Birmingham German Market with my girlfriend and my family so I don't actually think I will update 'till Sunday night. Thanks very much for the comments though, much appreciated :)

Good luck mate. I'll keep track of your career.

In regards to screenshots. Press ALT+F9 (sometimes ALT+Fn+F9 depending on your laptop/computer) on the screen you want to screenshot and it will be in your documents - Sports interactive - FM 15 - Screenshots. If you just upload a pic of the logo to photobucket you can add that in like any other image.

If its not letting you because your in windowed mode, just switch to full when you want to take screen shots. I always leave mine in Full screen and just press the Windows key on the keyboard when I want to minimize it or anything to check the internet or music etc.

Anyway good luck with your career and I will look forward to the updates!

I got a mention. I'm FMCU-famous :cool:

Good luck with this mate, will follow it. Although you should definitely visit Glasgow instead of Edinburgh if you ever get the chance - much nicer city (I am in no way biased... I live a whole 8 miles outside of Glasgow! :D).

Taking a week to get through a season is fairly quick by FMCU I think. I used to take about a week to get through a season but now that I post in FMCU regularly I get through a season in about two weeks. But that's probably because I do monthly updates - if you update less often you can play more obviously.

To post an image, you need to use img tags.

direct link to your image here[\img]

But instead of a '\' in the square brackets, you should use '/', which will give you the image :)

Archived