[FM15] 4-3-3: Billy the Kid - A Deadly Inside Forward

Introduction

Over the past two seasons of my savegame with Ferencvaros I have developed and tweaked a 4-3-3 tactic to be quite unrealistic, but extremely effective. At first I didn't want to upload it, but I feel I have to share it since it's working so well! I have won the Hungarian league twice and the domestic cup twice. Furthermore I did very well in Europa League by winning the group stage. The first season I played was mainly with the club's own players only having added a few of my own signings, while I added a few more in the second season - with massive succes.

billy.jpg

What does this tactic offer?

• Billy the Kid anno 2014/2015: A deadly Inside Forward.

• A so called 20-20 striker. He will most likely provide just as many assists as he scores goals.

• A tactic that can be used for both home and away games for gamers that don't want to tweak for every game.

Defending

When defending the players are trying to win the ball back quickly. Closing down the opponent is a very important part of defending when playing with a higher defending line. Make sure your players in general have good attributes in Work Rate, Decisions and Stamina.

Attacking

When attacking the players are trying to play wide and exploit the flanks. You have two wingers and a Trequartista with the PI set to "xxx". The Trequartista will at many times drop down between the opponent's defenders and midfielders to receive the ball from where he will set up the wingers (especially the one who cuts inside). Then you have the left fullback who will push up when needed and the right wingback who will be a very good support for the right side of the formation while the right winger steps inside the box. Make sure the wingback can cross! The players are instructed to play with short passes in a higher tempo and to work the ball into the box. Most players' PI are set to "Shoot Less Often". These settings are set to lower the amount of long shots and therefore - in theory - increase the CCC. Every player (except for the CDs) is a part of building an attack. Even the anchorman is a very good passing-mate for the CMs.

Screenshots

The tactic

Formation with player roles

Team Instructions

Player instructions

Team results

League table season 1

League table season 2

Fixtures season 1

Fixtures season 2

Goal locations

Assist locations (note: I played with WLB+RB instead of LB+WRB)

Ferencvaros - Arsenal 2-3

Pápa - Ferencvaros 0-6 (Billy the Kid with five goals and a 10-rating)

Mainz - Ferencvaros 1-3

Zenit - Ferencvaros 3-4

Player statistics

Gaël Kakuta (Inside forward, Billy the Kid, stunning 65 goals in 46 league appearances!)

Roland Lamah (Winger)

Leo Itaperuna (Trequartista)

Kim Ojo (Trequartista)

Tips

• Switch the wingers' settings if your better winger is a left winger.

• ...same goes for the Fullback and Wingback.

• Use a left footed player for the right winger (Inside Forward).

• If you are playing a difficult away game or against any strong opponent, I suggest you to remove the following TI settings: "Push Higher Up", "Use Offside trap", "Prevent Short GK Distribution" and maybe also "Play Wider".

• If you want more possession (55-60%) then look at the above bullet point.

Teamtalk

There are many ways to deal with teamtalks. They are a small part of the game, but can have a huge effect when used properly (or poorly). This is how I deal with them:

• I never use it pre-match.

• During halftime I only use it if my team is behind with 0-3, 0-4...to ask if they really want to win this game! Otherwise I believe they will follow my tactics.

• Post-match win: "Well done" (assertively) almost every time. I praise a player individually if his rating is above 9.0.

• Post-match draw: I will let them know I'm disappointed if I get a draw at home. On away games I will say "Well done" if it really was well done. I will ignore teamtalk if I'm kinda neutral.

• Post-match loss: I will let them know that it wasn't good enough, but I don't go harsh on them, unless it's an embarrassing result.

Enough talk...

Let me know if anyone of you will give this tactic a go - and let us all know the following results :)

DOWNLOAD HERE

• 3 weeks later...

After three successful years I decided not to renew my contract at Ferencvaros. In the summmer of 2018 I was offered at job at Lille OSC. The Lille squad wasn't the best, but it had some potential. The club ended 6th in the league when I took over. Here are my results from season 1 and 2 playing with Billy the Kid.

League table season 1 - Lille OSC - 2nd, Cup winners

League table season 2 - Lille OSC - Champions

Looks great!

What happened 2nd season in Hungary? Went from 17 GA to 30?? Lost some good defenders?

There's a perfect explanation for that! For the second season I tweaked the tactic to be more attacking. If you want to focus more on the defence and conceeding less goals then do the following:

• Remove the following TI settings: "Push Higher Up", "Use Offside trap" and "Prevent Short GK Distribution".

That's exactly how the tactic was set in the first season with Ferencvaros and with my Lille OSC campaign.

Yes, that's the only tweak I made. I had those three settings off for Ferencvaros season 1 and both Lille OSC seasons.

If my team is strong and quick (compared to the rest of the teams in the league) I will have those settings turned on as my team would score a crazy amount of goals (as seen here).

Yes, I play the same approach both home and away. I might go a bit more defensive if I play against a very strong opponent (for example if I'm Ferencvaros away playing AC Milan).

Archived