Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.2.1

• Administrators

Well it's not quite Christmas but it is December so in preparation of the forthcoming holidays we've released an update, 15.2.0. All the details (and changelist) can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/413333

Please as always, keep your feedback constructive and bear in mind the change list includes but isn't limited to the fixes shown.

15.2.0, PC: 583900; Mac: 583902; Linux: 583904

Also available as what you could call an early Christmas present, are two new skins - one for Football Manager and one for Football Manager Classic. They are available via the following Workshop links:

Football Manager Skin - http://ftbl.ma/FM15altskin

Football Manager Classic Skin - http://ftbl.ma/FMC15darkskin

Happy Holidays everyone!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome! finally going to start my first serious long term game!

No more Eneko Osia's :(

There goes my challenge of winning the world cup with Spain with all players being named Eneko Osia :(

Cant wait to try this out with some improved goal keepers thank you SI, although was on a 5 game winning streak so fingers crossed! Noticed the old skin I was using is no longer available in the preferences menu does anyone have any idea where i have to put the skinning files now?

Also available as what you could call an early Christmas present, are two new skins - one for Football Manager and one for Football Manager Classic. They are available via the following Workshop links:

Football Manager Skin - http://ftbl.ma/FM15altskin

Football Manager Classic Skin - http://ftbl.ma/FMC15darkskin

Happy Holidays everyone!

Is the workshop fixed now so that we can actually subscribe and use items from there, such as these skins?

Was just posting this to last feedback thread in response to someone's suggestion that the number of through balls be reduced...i suspect it still applies...tho perhaps it's just been done on this update :thup:

Have to intervene here before the through balls thing is ruined again like it has been in last two year's versions. This current version of the match engine is the best balanced engine since the rewrite and BY FAR the best. It allows for and enables more balance and variety than (possibly/probably) ever before in terms of setting your team up to play and tactical variety. So at this stage it SHOULD NOT be tweaked in any way whatsoever to reduce the amount of chances created from through balls...this simply should not even be considered.

There seems to have been an over the top reaction the other way from what was considered an exploit to match engine prior to rewrite in that through balls to pacey strikers was too effective. ALL match engines will have exploits, that is inevitable but what has been seen last two years was such an aversion to chances allowed/goals scored from through balls that it seems to be indicative of somewhat fearful/trauma almost mania inducing on behalf of the developers that it was happening at all :p. Now through a lot of really good work from SI there are more chances created with through balls which is absolutely fantastic and great to see and of course how it should be but there could and should be even more with lots of opportunities arising in games for players with the attributes to see and execute these choosing other options.

The issue is NOT amount of through balls…at all…yes defending could be better to cut them out in some instances but through balls happen at all levels. I watch lots of football and highlights packages and you see lots of chances and goals created from passes through the middle…and even in lower leagues…If you look at all the great players and teams then the majority of the time when you put together a collection of top class players the way they try to play is through the middle executing through balls as their main intention/means to try and score and that is the style of play they go for. It has to be said of course conversion is not all of the time but it is there is unquestionably a significant diversion from real life and FM…again its like the developers get some sort of twitch every time a goal is scored in the FM world with a pass through the middle when a player is clear through lol…its funny but at the same time its not…you can see players when put in the clear…they pause and there is virtually no acceleration…ball gets caught under their feet etc happens with players with high attributes in composure and have accel to get away and top players don’t behave like this with high confidence levels…also the variety of finishing is too restrictive when in the clear to slot it past the keeper…I even had a Ronnie Rosenthal/ryan giggs instance of player clear taking it past the keeper and an even easier chance than aforementioned two and putting it wide and well wide. Of course you can say all above can happen and indeed do but simply not with same frequency as it does with chances when put through and being clear…also of course you see same players who display all above when clear through score absolute wonder goals in other instances.

Having played a good bit now on this there is UNDENIABLY an issue with conversion of clear cut chances when players are put through. The solution is absolutely and utterly NOT to reduce number of through balls…that is a nonsensical and hugely regressive solution especially considering the good work that has got in to allow this to be more balanced. As lots on here have shown there are instances of high goalscoring games but these goals are not from clear cut chances so the fact that the high number of goals happens and not through cccs is definitive proof that large numbers of goals happen, period so why an aversion to them happening in the particular way of through balls creating cccs. I’d agree that primarily its tactical (some extreme some not) which are certainly causal in high goalscoring games and indeed the other way of few goals (that example of arsenal with over 1100 passes in one match was more a game of keepball rather than football) so the bottom line is the engine is capable of producing very high and over the top goalscoring in matches through poor/extreme tactical set ups so why on earth should the through balls thing/clear cut chances have should a restriction on it just because it’s the pet hate/bugbear of people. It’s time to move beyond this being cited as a match exploit…it’s not anymore and anyway it was the result of extreme tactical set up in the past so you’re seeing extreme tactical exploits in other ways now…but in some that’s inevitable anyway. If you have extreme tactical set ups in real life you’d see absurd game outcomes as well.

In essence no way should level of through balls be reduced…should be more of them when opportunities arise and player has attributes to see and execute (i mean when chance is there and particularly with mismatch in quality levels of teams). Whilst the overall play is way more balanced and really great to see the way goals are scored needs bit more variety (in fairness it has improved a lot through the updates but still more varied finishing will help) and to tweak conversion of chances described above needs action…the likes of better keeper reaction times etc will reduce goals scored and should enable better conversion of clear cut chances without adversely affecting number of goals scored (so that should be the solution in itself really).

Overall I’d just like to reiterate really think the engine is in a really good place right now and tweaks are all that’s required nothing drastic.

Again other things such as better representation of technical attributes and mental (tho they have improved without question). Also players turning on the spot needs improving…particularly in the box to allow them to get shots off quicker

Okay. Only one game in, but just played out a fantastic 0-0 draw. Some really smooth stuff being played. Very good goalkeeping too.

Like seriously. Some fantastic passes and tackles, feels a lot more unpredictable. For example a pass from the AI through my defence (very clever) that took a deflection off a defender who was stretching to make a last ditch tackle. Falls nicely for AI striker, good save from keeper and then a fantastic tackle from a defender to prevent a rebound goal.

For everyone having issues trying to run custom skins, can you please tell me what skin you've been using which no longer works now? Thanks.
Aurum, fm2015flutskindark, helveticalite, Scorpio, slymlyne, susie skin mods

Your alternative light skin is working

For everyone having issues trying to run custom skins, can you please tell me what skin you've been using which no longer works now? Thanks.

I've been using Scorpio 1.7.

Trying to re-install the skin to see if that helps...

Edit: Didn't help! The skin doesn't appear in game eventhough it's in the skins folder - worked perfectly before 15.2 update.

None of the skins i use and/or have:

-Aurum

-Ibh_dark2015_wide

-Slymlyne

-Slymlyne sidebar

-Slymlyne sidebar tinted

-Slymlyne tinted

-Venia dark

-Venia light.

They just don't show up in the interface section of preferences.

• Administrators

In regards to the skins - it's an issue we're aware of - due to a problem with the workshop we've had to make changes which have changed the way skins work. You'll need to change a couple of things in regards to the xml and it'll work - I'm just getting a notice together and will post it shortly. Thanks.

• Administrators
No fix for the transfer issues or player being unhappy due to lack of games? >_>

As said not all changes are included in the changelist - try the game and if you think there's an issue still with a certain area of the game please raise it on our bugs forum. Thanks.

Archived