"No Suitable Tutees"

I have an ageing centre half, who's personality is Resolute.

He's a backup for the first team, but I renewed his contract with the view to get him tutoring some of my young defenders.

However, when I go to his development page, it says "No Suitable Tutees."

He's played over 300 games at either League One or League Two level, so I can't see his reputation causing the issue.

Any ideas?

The youth player I want him to tutor is a "hot prospect for the squad."

When I go to the youth players development profile, it says theres no suitable tutors. 7 are too young to tutor, 3 don't have a higher enough squad status.

He's 30-odd the resolute defender, so it must be squad status. So I've raised it to squad rotation, and it's still not having it?!

Do tutors have to be important first team players at the very least?

Anybody have any insight into this?

I've tried changing the squad status to Important First Players and still no joy.

It's a real shame, as I have two players with Resolute personalities, that I cannot get to pass onto my youth players. I have a vision to get the club I'm managing producing its own players, and I want to try and get the right personalities instilled throughout the squads.

Sorry Fras, I don't have any insights exactly but I have experienced similar issues and do get the feeling there are a few problems with the tutoring engine/module. If you have a glance at these threads of mine (and ignore the stuff about Westermann as that seems to have been resolved) you can see that others are finding problems similar to yours -

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/407085-Have-the-tutoring-conditions-changed

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/412458-Tutoring-eligibility-changing.-Bug

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/407752-Tutoring-bug

Also, consider that the new patch may have ironed out some issues.

The status thing is illogical to me - if I want a veteran player to take a young player under his wing off the pitch, why should it matter if he is only a back up? I want to draw on his overall experience.

It's like suggesting Giggs couldn't tutor Januzaj last season because Giggs was a bit part player and Januzaj was starting a lot of matches under Moyes.

I agree. Tutoring currently applies a framework that would not exist in the real world.

I'm not sure about some of the conditions related to tutoring at all.

I can see that the tutee should be in his prime learning years and, therefore, below a certain age. I also agree that the tutor should have some wealth of experience to draw upon and, therefore, should be either above a certain age or exceptional in terms of personality and/or achievement. Beyond that, the whole thing should be wide open in my opinion, and on our own heads be it if we suggest a tutoring partnership that upsets one side or the other or results in negative outcomes. It would be a bit more real.

Back to the OP, there are lots of factors which affect whether a player can be a tutor - check that ALL of the following apply for both your tutor and tutee (you only mention squad status):

- Both players must share the same position (and I believe familiarity needs to be "accomplished" or higher, could be wrong in that)

- The tutor must have a higher reputation than the tutee

- The tutor must be 23 or older, the tutee 23 or younger (the tutor must be older than the tutee)

- The tutor's squad status must be at least the same as the tutee

- A tutor must wait for a period (I believe one month) between ending one tutoring session and beginning another

- A player cannot begin to tutor if they are injured or learning a PPM

If all of those conditions check out and you still can't get someone tutored then you may wish to raise it in the bugs forum.

One final note - are you just going by the (lack of) recommended tutors on the tutee's development page? If so, try going to the tutor's overview screen and selecting Interact - if he is a valid tutor then you will see an option there called Request Tutoring and from that you will get a drop down list of relevant players that he can tutor. Again, the same conditions as outlined above apply to who he can tutor.

Talking about the reputation needing to be higher, does anyone know which reputation is used for the calculation (Current, Home or World).

I guess Current is their rep in their current league, Home is their rep back in their home nation, and world is worldwide.

An argument could be made for each of them being the relevant value, so perhaps it is all three?

There probably is some mathematical formula to work out player rep, but for the purposes of this exercise just go by the rep displayed on a player's information screen (there's only one mentioned).

So:

a player with "Obscure" rep will require a tutor who has at least "Local" rep;

a player with Local rep will require a tutor with at least National rep;

a player with National rep will require a tutor with at least Continental rep;

a player with Continental rep will require a tutor with Worldwide rep;

a player with Worldwide rep can't be tutored.

Back to the OP, there are lots of factors which affect whether a player can be a tutor - check that ALL of the following apply for both your tutor and tutee (you only mention squad status):

- Both players must share the same position (and I believe familiarity needs to be "accomplished" or higher, could be wrong in that) - BOTH ARE CENTRE HALVES

- The tutor must have a higher reputation than the tutee - OWEN (TUTOR) - REGIONAL, CRIPPS (TUTEE) - LOCAL

- The tutor must be 23 or older, the tutee 23 or younger (the tutor must be older than the tutee) - OWEN - 33, CRIPPS - 17

- The tutor's squad status must be at least the same as the tutee - OWEN - SQUAD ROTATION, CRIPPS - HOT PROSPECT

- A tutor must wait for a period (I believe one month) between ending one tutoring session and beginning another - OWEN HASNT TUTORED ANYBODY, CRIPPS HASN'T BEEN TUTORED BY ANYONE

- A player cannot begin to tutor if they are injured or learning a PPM - NEITHER ARE INJURED NOR LEARNING A PPM

If all of those conditions check out and you still can't get someone tutored then you may wish to raise it in the bugs forum.

One final note - are you just going by the (lack of) recommended tutors on the tutee's development page? If so, try going to the tutor's overview screen and selecting Interact - if he is a valid tutor then you will see an option there called Request Tutoring and from that you will get a drop down list of relevant players that he can tutor. Again, the same conditions as outlined above apply to who he can tutor.

I'm starting to think it's a bug. There's no option to Request Tutoring when I try to interact with Owen either.

Archived