Non-League Management - A waste of my time?

I have dedicated hours upon hours to football manager over the years and every year sees the same one issue for me..

Non-League players are physically incapable of playing football. Not all non-league players though, just the team that I am in charge of. Plenty of expert corner routines, glorious direct free-kicks and countless through balls over the top that are exquisitely timed result in my team trudging back to the halfway line heads bowed.

Goalkeepers appear to require physical help with catching a ball and full backs do not understand that if you are positioned on the left side of a back 4.. that means you are plain on the left side..... of a back 4.

I've seen so many posts saying keep it simple, 442, 451 etc etc etc.

Instructions limited to short passing, direct passing or route one.

The simple fact is i can get absolutely nothing to work for more than say, 6 games?

I'm bored of this game now in just two months. I refuse to download tactics because i really don't see the point in doing so, but i do look online to draw influence from others and their thinking. I watch ACTUAL non league football when possible and my suspicion was confirmed: Non-League footballers are paid money to play football and are capable of doing so. Which begs the question as to why the 16 i have at my disposal on a match day cannot play a 7 yard pass, cannot catch a floated free kick and leave holes all over the pitch when opposition are perfectly aligned for any attack i make.

I can score 2 in the opening half hour... but you better believe the game is going to finish level at the very best.

Apologies for the endless rant, it's just so frustrating that a game that I love playing has become so, so bad?

I don't want to play as Man United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs. I want a challenge, but one that can actually be overcome..

Any advice or help or even similar complaints?

cue "Its fine for me", "Your tactics are sh*t" and "just because you aren't good", really seen it all before and it's sad that you waste your time to comment something that isn't remotely helpful when you could be doing something like enjoying the game.. or having a social life

I've been scanning several forums looking at people's tactics and trying to 'get' how they work. Some make absolutely no logical sense but work? It sounds stupid but i'd much rather have a formation that works and I know why it does, so if something goes wrong i can take a logical step to fix it!

No good scanning the forums. You have a problem you want an answer to, so post a thread there. show your team and attributes and ask for advice. People will be able to give you suggestions and how to make your ideas work. Its no good looking at other people's tactics because they don't have the same players you have.

Prioritise: Work Rate, Pace, Strength, Jumping Reach.

And decisions. Good decision makers at this level can make all the difference.

As others have suggested, posting your setup in the tactical forum, and interacting with the guys there can be a real help. That way you will get advice specific for yourself. Give it a shot!

Archived