MJ 4-3-3 for FM 2015 (possession-oriented with great results)

This is a high pressing, posession-oriented 4-3-3 (DM) formation, which is based on my tactic for FM 2014. Thread here

Download tactic here

Download tweak here

Download 4-2-3-1 version here

Screenshot of tactic

Screenshot of team instructions

I've made a few changes in FM 2015 after noticing the new game's particular quirks. But in short it's a lot of the same principles that make up the FM 2015 version.

One major change though, is that I hardly ever change the mentality from "standard". The only time I do it, is if I'm dominating a team I should beat easily without breaking through on goal. This very rarely happens, but if it does, I will change to "control" after about 25 minutes of the first half. If I get the goal, I changeit back to "standard" after a while.

Team shape is always set to "flexible".

I also like having one side with a wing back and an inside forward, and another with a standard winger and full back. Whether it's the right side or the left side depends on your squad, of course.

As far as OIs go, I make sure I have a good assistant manager and just apply his suggestions for every game.

I've spent 6 seasons of FM 2015 to work on this tactic, and here's a quick rundown of the story so far.

Season 1:

Started the game at Derby County, and the team were expected to finish around mid table. However, we ended up winning the Championship quite comfortably in the end. I hardly made any signings, and built my team around Will Hughes as the roaming playmaker.

Season 2:

Having spent the summer strenghtening the Derby squad for the Premiership, I was approached by Olympique Marseille after Roberto Mancini left them for Arsenal (Wenger retired). This was a challenge I couldn't resist. Taking on moneybags PSG and Monaco was a prospect I relished, and it went really well. But in the end the season ended trophyless. I finished a point behind PSG in the league, and lost the French cup final on penalties. In the Euro cup, we were knocked out by eventual winners Arsenal on away goals in the semi final. So in all, it was an almost Bayer Leverkusen 2002-esque season of "almost" and "what ifs".

Screenshot of league table first season with OM

Screenshot of league table of OMs season the year I left for Dortmund

Season 3:

As Jürgen Klopp left Dortmund to become the German national team manager, I was approached by the German giants. And again, I couldn't resist the challenge of taking on Guardiola and Bayern. After a flurry of transfer activity in the summer, I enjoyed an almost perfect first season with Dortmund. We won the league by five points, and also the German cup. Most exciting of all was our run all the way to the final in the Champions League, where we eventually lost (undeservedly so) 1-0 to Manchester City.

Screenshot of league table first season with Dortmund

Season 4:

The second year with Dortmund was a lot harder in the cups, but in the end we ended up as league champions by finishing a single point ahead of Bayern. And we did so undefeated! We were, however, knocked out of the CL in the quarter final by Manchester City (again). In the German Cup, I fielded a rotated side away to Bayern and lost 3-0 in the quarter final. They went on to win it.

Screenshot of league table second season with Dortmund

Season 5

Another great year ending in a third consecutive league win, and another unbeaten season in the German league with Dortmund. We also reached the quarter finals of the CL, losing veryundeservedly to eventual finalists Juventus over two legs. In the cup, I lost narrowly 1-0 to Bayern in a non eventful final.

Screenshot of the league table third season with Dortmund

Season 6

I was approached by Man Utd (my favourite club), after LVG retired. They ended up 4th in the league the season he left, but won both the FA Cup and the CL that season. So I was looking forward to building a league winning dynasty at Old Trafford. And after a few tweaks (six players sold, three bought), we managed to win every single competition we entered. That means the PL, FA cup, League cup, CL, World Club Championship and the Community Shield. I don't know if I'm motivated to improve on that season or not yet, or if I'll just start another game later on.

Screenshot of league table first season with Man Utd

Screenshot after winning the quintuple!

Note: After changing to United, I've discovered that changing the mentality to "control" and adding "be more expressive" works really well against most sides, both home and away. Do this when you feel you have the superior team and/or need some goals if the "standard" version of the tactic won't help you break through a stubborn defence.

As you can see from the results, the tactic does not only give you a great defensive platform. You also score a lot of goals with quality players in the right positions. The wingers, and particularly the inside forward, seems to score the most goals at whatever club I'm at. But if you have a good complete forward, he will also get his fair share from his False nine role.

This tactic is plug and play, so I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I have.

Cheers,

MJ

My experience is that if the striker's good enough, he will bag plenty of goals. But the main goal threat in all my teams so far have been the inside forward (whether playing on the left or on the right).

What team are you playing with?

My team are fully fluid now and im doing a lot better. So far ive beaten Arsenal 3 times in the last few weeks in both cups and the league quite comfortably although not a load of goals from my striker my wingers are getting goals with some good link up play through my striker

Well finished the first season in 6th position with 19 wins 10 draws and 9 losses also lost in the FA cup final 3-2 in extra time against man utd anita got sent off then they scored on 116 minutes absolute gutter. At least im in europe next season alsopaid the £6 mil for ferreyra which im not sure if he will be my only signing as i didnt really want to buy anyone for the first couple of seasons time will tell though

My team are fully fluid now and im doing a lot better. So far ive beaten Arsenal 3 times in the last few weeks in both cups and the league quite comfortably although not a load of goals from my striker my wingers are getting goals with some good link up play through my striker

Nice to hear, man. My experience is that if you have the right centre forward, he will get you 25 to 30 goals in a season too. 6th place with Newcastle is decent! My predicition is that if you make the right signings you will be competing for top four next season!

Yeah i didnt do that i was going to try and not sign anybody as i had a few good loanees coming back but didnt start well im doing well in europe but not in the league as of yet im going to make a couple of good signings in january and see how it goes from there

• 3 weeks later...
OMg Theres obviously some very stupid people arround. the formation 4-3-3 has suprisengly uses Three forwards not one you nontalented one celled creature

As this tactic employs an Inside forward, and an offensive winger, I would most definitely say it's a 4-3-3. Oh, and by the way. With my tactic I went two seasons undefeated in the German league with Dortmund, and I've now been appointed manager of Man United after LVG retired. So I suggest you give it a go, anyway :)

Finished my 6th season with this tactic and ended up winning the quintuple with Man Utd! Note that I now play most games with "control" mentality instead of standard, and that I toggle the "be more expressive" instruction in most games, both home and away. Seems to work like a charm!

• 3 months later...

Hi all. So sorry for this. I only have access to hightail, which for some reason automatically expires the links I put up after two weeks.

I've updated with a new link (and a slight alteration which I've used in a new game on FM 2015) now, and if someone could then again upload it to a fileshare service that doesn't expire, that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

MJ

Archived