FM15: Typhon - Reloaded

So almost 2 years after last posting I finally decided to get back on the horse.

Some of you may know of the Typhon tactic from its various incarnations in FM09 & FM10 (a long time ago), Some of you may even have used it, and some of you will know doubt have no idea what on earth I am going on about,

In FM15, Typhon is a single 433 tactic, used in all matches, against all opposition. No Tactic sets, No OI’s and No match by match tweaks.

c4uTgPLl.jpg

The only change I ever made was to occasionally change the two Advanced Playmakers on support to Deep Lying Playmakers on Support. This generally made the team better defensively but lost some of the attacking impact.

So far I have tested this tactic with a 1st Season Spurs Team for a full season and a 1st Season Swansea Team up to January. No Transfers were made in either game as I wanted to really test how it would fare as a true Plug and Play tactic, even when the players were not exactly as you would need.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at just how well it worked. The Highlights, apart from Trophy haul, was just how solid defensively we were for the majority of the season and also a 20 game winning run with Spurs where we really did play some cracking stuff.

With Spurs I managed to Win the Premier League, The Euro Cup and the Capital One Cup

With Swansea I was sitting in 4th Place at the Start of January, 2 pts behind 2nd Place

Here are the 2 save game files and a few Screenshots for anyone who is interested in a little more detail.

Tottenham Hotspur

Swansea

Spurs - Screen Shots

Competitions

League Table

Player Stats

Swansea - Screen Shots

Competitions

League Table

Player Stats

This Tactic will not make you unbeatable, defeats come with the territory and often arrive when they are least expected, just bite the bullet, Move on and get on another run, However I saw only 7 defeats in all competions as Spurs.

Download Link – Typhon - Reloaded

So Please let me have any feedback – Positive or Constructive

And any Questions - Just Ask :D

I'm surprised there's only been one other response to this thread. That means there are a heck of a lot of people missing out on a great tactic. My team are playing some lovely stuff. When I buy some proper inside forwards in the summer, I can't imagine how good my side will be.

Great tactic. Using this with San Marino, having fantastic results within the league. Currently unbeaten after 20 matches but am absolutely struggling in the Serie C cup versus teams I thrashed in the league by 3-4 goals which is absolutely bizarre enough I saved and reloaded a few times to see the exact same results 9/10 times. Anyway, will just put that down to the "wonders" of FM. Keep up the good work!

Some similarities certainly, Same Formation and similar Roles, but different duties, also different Mentality and Team Shape, which then makes the Team Instructions have a very different effect

I have never looked at this tactic previously but would also assume that the individual player instructions are very different aswell

So although the formation is the same, very different tactics

• 2 weeks later...

Having great success with this tactic, I like the way my team plays.

I do have one concern though, the defensive central midfielder never seems to really do well rating-wise. I'm playing with Liverpool and using Lucas Romero in that spot, and I think his ability should warrant more than a 6.82 average over a season.

Intrigued by this - have struggled with Tottenham this year after finding it fairly easy to succeed with them in the past. Losing Eriksen for the season in September didn't help! Trying to find a formation to make the best out of the lopsided midfield doesn't help, but anything to avoid playing Adebayor...

Will give it a go and see how it works out.

Haven't had much time to play since the last patch, but looks as though some tinkering is needed.

Its still working, however definitely not as solid defensively and possession stats are down on before

Have a few hours to play today so will see how I go

Any feedback from anyone else gratefully received.....

Having great success with this tactic, I like the way my team plays.

I do have one concern though, the defensive central midfielder never seems to really do well rating-wise. I'm playing with Liverpool and using Lucas Romero in that spot, and I think his ability should warrant more than a 6.82 average over a season.

Glad its working for you, and I wouldn't worry about the ratings, as long as he is doing his job that's all that matters - but I also see him getting low ratings and averaging about the same 6.80 level

Hi mate, started a brand new game with this one.

Managing Marbella (thanks to the career thread on the other forum!) and decided to give your tactic a go.

We were predicted to finish 16th but, after 10 games, we are 4th.

Sometimes mid-match, I tinker with the formation a little. By swapping the two AMP to DLP(D) and making the central BWM(D) into a AP(S) - Works well when I want to close a game out.

Other than that, great stuff so far. Will let you know how I have done at the end of the season :-)

I have had great success with this tactic at LFC. Wingers and strikers score bags of goals. Are there any opposition instructions that should be employed?

My central midfielders all get relatively weak average ratings and not a great deal of goals/assists.

I also have Romero at sub-7 in the CM role. Thinking of tweaking CM to a DM and seeing how that goes. I have 3 DM's in squad so have the quality to play it even when rotating.

I have had great success with this tactic at LFC. Wingers and strikers score bags of goals. Are there any opposition instructions that should be employed?

My central midfielders all get relatively weak average ratings and not a great deal of goals/assists.

I also have Romero at sub-7 in the CM role. Thinking of tweaking CM to a DM and seeing how that goes. I have 3 DM's in squad so have the quality to play it even when rotating.

I have never used any opposition instructions, but thats not to say that they wouldnt be useful, they are just something i have never spent any time using

I have to agree that since the most recent patch the ratings and the assists for the midfield three have dropped, but while the tactic is still working im pretty ok with that

I have tinkered with pulling the CM-D back to the DM slot as an Anchor Man and this made the tactic very solid defensively but we then really struggled in front of goal, would be interested to see how you go with any tweaks you make

• 2 months later...

So Finally got round to starting my Long Term Spurs save after the update,

After this tactic was made somewhat less successful by the 2nd patch i was delighted that it returned to its former glory in Season 1

Although I didn't quite manage to keep pace with a rampant Chelsea, i was very happy to finish in 2nd place

Definitely a return to form

qa4RbaW.png?1

Also, after an injury to Kane that had him out for 6 months, Christian Eriksen decided to do this as a makeshift front man!!!!!

tCPvC3K.png?1

• 4 months later...

Just wanted to say that this is the best close to PnP tactic i tryied in latest patch. I was doing brilliantly in my Panathinaikos save until December 2014 when for some reason my Windows login failed and i did the smartest move ever, deleting in safe mode the entire account, ...with all my documents in, including my save. I even used recovery programs to find it, found it including the rolling save versions but they were those red no hope unrecovered files. :lol:

Anyway, this tactic not only worked well for me but even gave me the inspiration and trust of playing with duties and minor changes during matches something that bored me to hell/scared me with previous tactics i used (mine or others). It is a solid - defence first/possesion - tactic and if you choose the correct players and keep morale high you will overachieve.

Look for overlap, Higher tempo, opposite duties for wide players, WBs all to defend were some of the minor changes i used in some situations. But 90% of the time it was your tactic. I also made some changes in set pieces using mine. Tall players zonal marking in corners and free kicks and a nice attacking corner set piece i use giving me realistic goals (long corners) / amount of goals.

I had something like 30 matches, 55 scored, 15 conceeded, 22 wins 5 draws 3 looses, but including some difficult opponents like Arsenal.

I was dominating my league. In my Europa League group (Lokomotiv, Twente, Rjieka) i was first with 4 wins 0 draws 1 lose, 2 goals conceeded in 5 matches, and just was about to play my last group stage already quilifyied as 1st. Considering my average of 110 current ability and 75% new squad i had that was brilliant. My team became descently cohesive by November. Served me well until all those new players learn each other, something that other tactics didnt do.

Best players to buy with 2 million and make a great team based on this tactic :

GK : Fabio (Palmeiras-loan)

WBs : Ruben (Maritimo), Piovi

DC : Robert Piris (retrain and you get the best cheapest quick CD in the game)

DLPs : Ruben Neves (loan), Ezequiel Cirigliano (loan)

APs : Gabriel Soares (loan), Sergio Oliveira (Pacos Ferreira)

Treq : David Simao, Nicolas Albarracin

IF : Irven Avila.

Those were the players i bought plus some young balanced natives.

PVentress did you try play offside trap? I think it fits prefectly. I am seting it from time to time to see how it works. I was waiting for my defenders to blend together first. What do you think of that and for a permanent look for overlap?

Anyway i am starting again, i will post feedback.

Sorry for the delay, but here is the tweaked version I am currently using - Download

I generally only use this tactic, but for tougher away games and games against better teams or my close rivals i will drop the DLP back to the DMC slot and the Trequarista back to the AMC slot, no other changes

This works brilliantly for my team, but i am in 2023 and have a very good team, but hopefully may work for some others as well,

Would be interested to hear any feedback

*****Slight error in the download - should be More Disciplined, not More Expressive*****

For the away games modifications, can I clarify that the roles are to remain the same? As in Trequarista and DLP, but simply moved back a slot?

Having good results with my Leeds side, as I was looking for something different to cater for some young guns that are coming through.

Sorry for the delay, but here is the tweaked version I am currently using - Download

I generally only use this tactic, but for tougher away games and games against better teams or my close rivals i will drop the DLP back to the DMC slot and the Trequarista back to the AMC slot, no other changes

This works brilliantly for my team, but i am in 2023 and have a very good team, but hopefully may work for some others as well,

Would be interested to hear any feedback

*****Slight error in the download - should be More Disciplined, not More Expressive*****

Just to check when I try to put more disciplined back on it says this does not work with roam from position and turns that off to put more disciplined on. Is that correct?

Archived