Getting Angry at Players

One of my players played horribly in one of our games, and I was extremely disappointed with his performance. After the match, I called him into my office and criticized his performance. He got very angry at me and left the office quite upset. Criticizing him seemed like a mistake on my part, but I was unhappy with his performance and wanted him to know it.

I'm curious, though, is it ever a good idea to get angry at your players (or the press)? Or should this be avoided all the time (which begs the question why this option is even included in the game)?

I had a game a couple of seasons back where we lost 0-4 at home to newly-promoted Brentford. Admittedly, it was probably my own fault for going 'overload' in the second half after being 0-1 down at half-time (in my defence, we were more than capable of consistently getting in the top 7, so it's not like I didn't have the players or ability).

Anyway, I was apocalyptically angry and fined every player I could and declined to speak to any of them regarding the fines. All my team were unhappy that I had fined my CB and I literally had a season of unhappy players.

I've now learnt my lesson.

:lol: you fined all of your players a week wages for one freak performance... which was ultimately your fault? That's hilarious, I would have berated them in the dressing room through aggressive disappointment context and left it with that and made them train harder for a week after.

One of my players played horribly in one of our games, and I was extremely disappointed with his performance. After the match, I called him into my office and criticized his performance. He got very angry at me and left the office quite upset. Criticizing him seemed like a mistake on my part, but I was unhappy with his performance and wanted him to know it.

I'm curious, though, is it ever a good idea to get angry at your players (or the press)? Or should this be avoided all the time (which begs the question why this option is even included in the game)?

What would be your reaction if you lose a game and your president call you into his office and gets angry to you?

Pazzmon92 - No... two weeks wages -.-

It's more annoying because, as I say, we consistently could finish in the top 7. Now, out of nowhere, I'm supposed to fix a problem that I don't know what it is or where it came from. If we'd always been a team that just survives, I would understand that 0-4 could be an expected loss.

Either way, I certainly won't be fining for poor performances (as long as I keep my very, very, very short fuse in check).

What was the rating the player got in the game?

I rarely criticise players, they'd have to perform below a 5.5 for me to even consider it.

There was one time a player got a 2.0 in a game and I terminated his contract at half time.

4.5 don't even look at me! (2 week fine)

5.0 really poor (1 week fine)

5.5 Poor (issue warning)

6.0 below average

6.5 is slightly above average I think.

7.0 is a good performance.

7.5 above good

8.0 great performance (praise)

8.5 above great (praise)

9.0 fantastic (praise)

9.5 storming (praise)

10.0 amazeballs! (praise)

What was the rating the player got in the game?

I rarely criticise players, they'd have to perform below a 5.5 for me to even consider it.

There was one time a player got a 2.0 in a game and I terminated his contract at half time.

Hahahaha nice! Terminated his contract during half time! Never thought of that! You sir, made my day! :applause:

Curious, did he play the second half? :D

I find that sometimes getting angry at players works. I only use Liverpool though and I only really get angry at Sturridge or Mignolet, for obvious reasons. They both seem to take it quite well and usually bounce back to a couple of 7.0+ games.

Each of the players has at his report sometimes a consistency remark...A player with bad consistency can suddenly have a bad performance...This is part of his faults and you should consider if such a player is worth keeping...But the question is which attributes could indicate that? Is it determination?

The backroom staff member with the highest man management rating should be employed at the staff responsibilities for man management...He would advise you when to praise or criticize players performance...

By the way how do I insert smiley into posts like that with applause above?

Archived