hey guys no this has been done many times however in ths years verson of game how would u set up was thinking th following

complete forward on support

two inside forwards attack

1 roaming playmaker 1 attacking mid both on attack

two half backs on defend

two full backs on defend

one limitedv CB on defend

then setup as counter on fluid

It might be worth looking at, and referencing some of the previous excellent threads on the idea. Two of the very good ones are:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/395052-Uninverting-the-Pyramid-to-Attack-the-Bus?highlight=uninverting

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/377932-W-M-Revisited-for-FM14

Have a look, and think about explaining your FM15 concept in more detail. The new roles in FM15 certainly allow some more options around the WM concept, but you may need to expand your OP a bit, more akin to the OP's found in the 2 threads linked to, if you wish to get a discussion going about the possibility, options, ways to develop it this year :)

Good luck - not something i have the time or desire to get involved in on 15 at the moment, but with the right level of info i am sure some others would get involved.

This is the first version of the game that I've not created a W-M due to not being able to create the actual shape on the tactics screen since they removed the wide striker positions. I could get around it with the roles and duties used but the W-M was all about the starting shape. It would feel like cheating on the wife if I didn't stick to its core principals :D

not really . iv just got them set like as inside forwards wide and then the two CM attacking back near half way. and then two half backs. it looks very much like a WM still

A proper W-M has to be 3 strikers, 2 AMC's who are IF's for the attack. But like I said before, it depends how strict you want to adhere to the rules. But on FM you can no longer make a true W-M :)

• 2 weeks later...
This is the first version of the game that I've not created a W-M due to not being able to create the actual shape on the tactics screen since they removed the wide striker positions. I could get around it with the roles and duties used but the W-M was all about the starting shape. It would feel like cheating on the wife if I didn't stick to its core principals :D

This is irritating me too - you can get the starting shape looking acceptable on the tactics screen if you use wide target men or raumdeuters on the flanks, and AM/AP on support. But, as I want to set it up with Man Utd, I don't have anyone I want to play as a target man, and using two Raumdeuter just seems silly. And, more to the point, I want my wingers to be proper wingers, and would prefer to have at least one of my inside forwards as a shadow striker looking to score goals.

First approximation for preseason will be

1. GK (D)

2. FB (D)

3. FB (D)

4. HB (D)

5. CB (D)

6. HB (D)

7. W (A)

8. EG (A)

9. DLF (S)

10. SS (A)

11. W (A)

I wouldn't be concerned by what you see on the tactics screen. In terms of what they actually do, AMLR are the same as the old STLR and any of the roles will do.

As far as the WM itself goes, the idea of a modern version is an interesting one given that it's not a system you would associate with modern marking systems, so I think you actually have a lot of flexibility when it comes to recreating the basic idea of the system given that you don't have to use a literal W-M as your formation. The attacking shape remains as effective as ever, and it's basically what we see with many current 3-4-3/5-3-2 systems where the DCs split, two midfielders drop deep, the wingbacks push up and one of the strikers drops off into a creative role.

I know, I just always liked the aesthetic of the WM on the tactics screen.

I'm only a couple of games into preseason, but the shape on the pitch is looking nice - the shape does get that distinctive feel :-)

And that's a good point - the players van Gaal has signed for his 3-4-1-2 are pretty much a perfect WM squad - Blind and Rojo join Smalling and Jones as versatile back 5 players, Carrick, Fletcher and Fellaini all capable halfbacks, and I can actually use di Maria out wide with 3/4 from Falcao, Rooney, van Persie and Mata in the middle

Things are beggining to click, except for my right halfback having a bizarre tendency to go and stand on top of his (perfectly positioned) partner, leaving a huge gap that most goals I concede come from. I have no idea why it's always that side that gets out of position, but it is (I've been watching every match in full). Possibly because the Enganche drops deeper than the Shadow Striker, so that side feels he has more cover?

I've got GK(D), two FB(D), CB(D), two HB(D), EG(A), SS(A), two W(A), CF(S)

Counter, Fluid

TIs: push higher, stay on feet, use offside, prevent GK short distribution, be more disciplined.

Only PIs are sticky "shoot less" for forwards with poor finishing. Tried "close down less" for my halfbacks but hasn't helped. Any thoughts?

Edit - I have a screenshot which illustrates this perfectly, which I'll try to post sometime tomorrow.

Interesting use of the 2 HB's in front of the 1 CB - suddenly makes me wonder how the behaviour of the Half Back is programmed - normally it should make the centre backs split - this time they are flanking the lone 1 - just food for thought really.

Archived