Is this possible?

As the title says, I am trying to play a particular way in FM and I feel up until now it has never been possible in FM, so wondering if there was some advice on how and if it was possoble. This is the shape I was looking at playing

2s1ul8z.jpg

The red lines represent the type of runs and the directions I would like my players to play and the yellow lines represent the type of balls forward I want.

Now the style I want to play is slightly contradictory but I am hoping is also do-able. What I want is to play tika taka type of football BUT not the stuff Liverpool play, maybe closer to what Pep gets his sides to play, but even then not quite that. I want to see lots of little passes all over the pitch, almost making passes for the sake of making passes and keep the ball moving, always.

I want my FBs/Wbs to venture forward but only as the play builds up, not just bomb forward gung ho when in possession

The Midfielders I want them to rotate with each other as much as possible, constantly offering passing options to whoever has the ball and every player always having a very short passing option.

I want my right sided attacking player to drift in and almost be forgotten so he can sneak in and score.

The left sided attacking player I want to terrorise the FB, I want him sometimes to cut inside, sometimes, outside, cross from deep and pretty much to be unplayable.

The key though for all of this is, I want EVERY player to have as many passing options as possible. For example

Here I want my attacking central player to have lots of passing options, here he can (the yellow represents runs being made) The attacking midfilder has so many options and its ideal, and can pass in pretty much in any direction and the fast tika taka movement of the ball is ideal

16i76mh.jpg

This one, the defensive midfielder has alot of options, he can go backwards and create passing triangles with his centre halves and also the same with his other midfielders. Maybe even some width from a FB.

2s6q8f8.jpg

The FB I also want him to have options, as in this picture. He can pass to his Centre back, defensive midfielder or to a midfielder further forward.

2qi34u8.jpg

Now this I think is only possible by being pretty composed and moving the ball about at a decent pace, it is possible IRL with teams that are not the 'big boys' as I believe my side played this way for a while in the recent-ish past. The opponents of course to combat this would close down and push up, the response from my team is to play way out of trouble, which is not easy. Of course at some points opponents will clsoe me down and I will have very little option but to CHIP the ball forward, but the only time I want this to happen is when my centre backs do this and I only want them to do this when I have no other passing options. That explains the yellow line in the first formation.

So having written all of this, is it possible to produce this in FM? The closest I can get is this.

2gtyskh.jpg

with these

2a85gxw.jpg

From here I do not know if I can get my centre backs to only play it forward to target man if there is not other option

I also only want them to chip the ball to his feet or chest.

I want every other player to always look to pass short and only hit it long if they really have no other option

Is all this do able? I hope so

Archived