The year 2019, Paul Pogba was available on free transfer. Seriously??

You can call it good luck, but seriously?

He was hardly injured, played superbly for 5 seasons for Juve, but nobody wanted him. And the only reason I realize he was available was because his agent contacted me that he was available on free transfer, and it was in October. It is a bit weird but Im happy :D Looking forward how he will perform soon.

Obviously a different level to the crazy Pogba scenario you have, but in my game Cleverley has been without a club for a good while (some may say deservedly so, but that's a different discussion) and is still getting England call-ups. Seems a bit unlikely.

I'm playing as Nottingham Forest on 6th season (won d league on previous season), perhaps why he was interested. But when I signed him, it was only my club and Tottenham was interested. Tottenham didn't even bid

Didn't have high salary for most of my players, so Pogba agreed to signed on 115k pounds per week.

Steve McManaman left Liverpool and Robert Lewandowski went to Bayern for nothing. There are a number of free transfers every year.

If the player wants a massive pay rise towards the end of his deal and his current club will not pay it they will either let him run his contract down or they will let him go cheaply within the final 12 months such as Van Persie to United.

He would be expecting a far higher wage than usual knowing that the new Club will be saving a fortune on a transfer fee. Perhaps his demands are far to high for any clubs and those with the money don't need him. FFP rules will be fully implemented by then so they cannot justify buying just for the sake of it as they have done in the past.

It's a like an agent playing poker with his client career.

Yes, we know players leave on free transfer, nothing spectacular about it. Furthermore, the examples that you gave, both Mcmanaman n Lewandowski pre signed with RM n Bayern.

My point is a World Class player was not wanted by anyone (just tottenham) up until October, my luck i guess. Still, chelsea n manc city just bought my midfielders n they paid fees and much higher salary that i had to paid Pogba. Again it could b my luck. Mayb everyone ran out of cash.

Obviously a different level to the crazy Pogba scenario you have, but in my game Cleverley has been without a club for a good while (some may say deservedly so, but that's a different discussion) and is still getting England call-ups. Seems a bit unlikely.

Yeah, Cleverley was on free transfer in my game too, but i couldnt compete with other teams in signing him. Just got promoted with limited budget.

Or some problem with his behaviour.

Maybe he had to go to court, alcohol problem, car crash, tabloid fight with his national manager...

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?) FM does not really cover this side of player development. Players sometimes get angry, they get a bit lazy, but the "problem kids" who spend the night in bars and get ousted from their clubs or whose form is dropping because of some personal issues with their model girlfriends - they don't exist.

Although reality tells us, they DO exist. Quite a lot actually.

Hopefully that is not a problem 

Very eager to find out how he plays in my team. As mentioned, he performed fantastically at Juve so maybe im just lucky.

This is my third great free transfer signing. First was a world class AML inside forward (fantastic stats, except determination of 6. I think his name is Savitsky). Had to compete with so many teams including Chelsea but surprisingly he signed with my team. Next was Pierre Hadjberg from Bayern Munich, understandable coz they hardly played him. Chelsea bought him after 1 year in my team as they paid the usd55m clause.

Just surprise nobody wanted Pogba by October. He still rep france 3 times i think. Again, i might b lucky. Looking forward to go home now n play d game!

It's possible he didn't want to re-sign with Juve but their asking price was too high for anyone to buy him. It happens.

No, no it doesn't happen, like ever. A fit world class player would never ever have his contract run out and then be without a club for months. Sure some top players let their contracts run down but they always have something lined up.

It's ok to say FM is at fault you know.

I signed Pogba in FM13 with my Freiburg side.

He wasn't that great in FM13 yet, though, unfortunately. And he didn't really fit into my system that well neither. In the end, I sold him after 1 or 2 years...

No, no it doesn't happen, like ever. A fit world class player would never ever have his contract run out and then be without a club for months. Sure some top players let their contracts run down but they always have something lined up.

It's ok to say FM is at fault you know.

Id agree with that. Nothing wrong with players leaving on free's, but there is no way a player like Pogba would go unattached for months, not unless he is carrying a bad injury or something.

In my game Cleverly went until November without signing for anyone, so i moved him to a club myself and he has started every game since, it makes no sense that the AI did not try and sign him for any club during that time. An England international, under 25 would not spend 6 months without a club.

Id agree with that. Nothing wrong with players leaving on free's, but there is no way a player like Pogba would go unattached for months, not unless he is carrying a bad injury or something.

In my game Cleverly went until November without signing for anyone, so i moved him to a club myself and he has started every game since, it makes no sense that the AI did not try and sign him for any club during that time. An England international, under 25 would not spend 6 months without a club.

Exactly, he should have had a dozen clubs trying to see if they could afford his wages.

EDIT: Pogba that is, not Cleverley

Aww, u mean I wasn't lucky?? :p

Im an old guy, trying to understand how to upload my copy of the save sounds complicated, but I'll give it a try. Trying to attach Pogba's picture now that I'm home.

Edit: I don't even know how to include his image here :(

Is he a regular? Is that how low we have sunk? :(

Edit - Just checked, didn't realise he has 13 caps in real life so I guess we have, htf did that happen?

Anyway, how do I claim this to be as a bug? As many people here seems to agree that this is very much possible, hence the no report on bugs. Im just trying to establish whether this is weird enough to be reported as a bug. But since I got yourattention Mr Crawford, I suppose it is.

An unrelated issue in my other thread is that, im getting very cheap World Class Argentinians. I have 6 of them in my team, though my Assistant Manager only thinks 4 of them could be world class players, with 1 of them already World Class. The other 2 are Star Premiership players. Each of them cost around 4.5m-10.5m pounds. If I find out how to provide the copy of the save, maybe you can look into them too. It is fun to get them so cheaply, but it kinda make the game way too easy.

Anyway, how do I claim this to be as a bug? As many people here seems to agree that this is very much possible, hence the no report on bugs. Im just trying to establish whether this is weird enough to be reported as a bug. But since I got yourattention Mr Crawford, I suppose it is.

Alex Crawford from the SI Testing Team said it may be a bug. Or maybe not. If you upload a save they'll take a look at it.

Don't be shy! :)

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/406157

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405113

Hah! I think I manage to upload the file, somehow :D

The file name is Paul Pogba Possible Bug and Cheap Argentinians. Do inform me if it is there.

Kindly take a look at it. I manage to find a file that was right after I offered contract to him.

Hi Alex, I've uploaded the file under name "Paul Pogba 15 months before contract expire"

However, it is my "normal" game, as I was experimenting what will happen to my team if I go on long term holiday. Not sure whether it will give the same outcome once June 2019 comes.

Hope this helps :)

It's possible he didn't want to re-sign with Juve but their asking price was too high for anyone to buy him. It happens.
Not a chance. Notably, that wouldn't explain a lack of interest in the 6 months before his contract runs out, or after he's left Juventus, as the "their asking price was too high" bit is completely taken out of the equation there.

I saw the same issue with Jack Wilshere. Left Arsenal on 30/6/18, didn't sign for Villa until 23/6/19. Hardly played for Arsenal at all, playing 26 league games in 3 seasons before not playing at all in 2017/18. However, had been regularly playing for England as they won Euro 2016 & finished 3rd in Confed Cup 2017. His longest injury kept him out for 4 months but that was Aug 2016. Strangely enough remember having this issue with him on FM12, ended up at Wolves then.

His wage demands on my game were astronomical. He wanted 85k per week (I wouldn't have signed him anyway, but I wanted to check why he was free for so long).

I have assumed (and I could be 100% wrong) that the AI "knows" to some degree what his contract demands are, therefore no team actually "wanted" him on the game.

Archived