I demand a manager dot !

I just had a though whilst watching my Villa team beat Spurs 5-1 in the FA Cup Semis that there is a 'dot' for nearly everyone on the 2D pitch but not the manager. I think this would be a good feature to add as while us fans are jumping around the room, as i was, when we win there could do with a 'dot' on screen aswell.

Maybe we could set a personality for the manager at the start of the game like 'clam and collected' or 'kicks every ball with his team' to reflect how the 'dot' behaves on the pitch.

What do you reckon?

:D

Totally. I also think its unrealistic how when players get subbed off, their dots get taken off the entire pitch. Like they never existed, very totalitarian of SI.

On FM07 there was a bug on the out of the box version where substituted players just used to stop in the entrance to the tunnel and stay there!

Maybe the dots could climb the steps at wembley and hold a little dot cup in the air while a stadium full of dots move from side to side in utter joy, while my manager dot gets interviewed by a dot with a microphone.

On a serious note we should have our own manager dot.

im a pimp. i only wear purple or white suits.:cool:

:D

Also, whenever you've made tactical changes, your manager dot could come out from the dugout into the technical area and get a bit animated, like it's shouting out your orders. And if you ever get a touchline ban, the dot won't be there at all.

..whenever you've made tactical changes, your manager dot could come out from the dugout into the technical area and get a bit animated, like it's shouting out your orders.

I guess all that would really amount to is a bit of wobbling around. There's not much more the dot could do to look animated. :D

Totally. I also think its unrealistic how when players get subbed off, their dots get taken off the entire pitch. Like they never existed, very totalitarian of SI.

i think when they come off they should change colour and sit on bench

as if they have put on a training top ;)

I would love the idea of a manager dot! The only reason against it is that the manager dot is doing the actions, but is you therefore would be doing actions you don't want it to. Purely cosmetic though, would be good! Of course, you'll also need an opposing manager dot. Fourth official dot? :D

i have a great idea regarding the personality of us (the managers) in dot form.

the way we react to defeats, victories, controversial decisions in the media should reflect upon whether our dot franticaly charges around the dugout area or acts calmly. so in theory, managers who repeatedly bash the officials and rant and rave in the media- the sam allerdyces among us- will have dots that pace up and down the techncal area whilst those who accept controversial decisions and respect other managers etc- the *find appropriate manager*, will be less animated and not run on the pitch to confront the ref after the whistle etc like the frantic dot-man would......hurray for dot men!

i have a great idea regarding the personality of us (the managers) in dot form.

the way we react to defeats, victories, controversial decisions in the media should reflect upon whether our dot franticaly charges around the dugout area or acts calmly. so in theory, managers who repeatedly bash the officials and rant and rave in the media- the sam allerdyces among us- will have dots that pace up and down the techncal area whilst those who accept controversial decisions and respect other managers etc- the *find appropriate manager*, will be less animated and not run on the pitch to confront the ref after the whistle etc like the frantic dot-man would......hurray for dot men!

Steve Coppell. And I agree with what you say.

Anyway, dot managers. I've always wanted this. Also coach dots, physio dots that don't stand around like that, and kit man dots. Kit men get mobbed when goals are scored. Mascot dots should also be implemented. And camera dots. And photographer dots. And ball-dots (that's ball boys and girls not a dot representing the ball). Ass ref dots should have flags. What about fan dots invading the pitch?

I'm being entirely serious.

Oh, and the manager dot should be movable using the arrow keys on the keyboard.

Okay, I wasn't being serious on the last bit ;)

Oh, and the manager dot should be movable using the arrow keys on the keyboard.

that is a genius idea. time to move on SI, football manager need no longer just be a simulator game, it can be an be action/adventure game too. lets move this into a new realm of gaming.

i would also like to be able to virtually sign my contracts using the little pencil on 'microsoft paint'.

....ok im not being serious either....OR AM I?:eek:

Manager Dot is an awesome idea!

Manager's can influence a game by either standing on the touchline looking upset, or shouting, or just sitting on the bench. I'd like to have the dot with an option of what your doing that can change during the match.

FM09 is a bit too late to suggest ideas for, so if it's not on there, FM10 PLEEEEEASE!!!

I think there should be a club owner dot that sits in the executive box, directly up from the dug out and leaves after 30mins.

Or you could have a WAGs group of dots that point the wrong way and have a couple of smaller dots on the front (to signify their feet).

I think there should be a club owner dot that sits in the executive box, directly up from the dug out and leaves after 30mins.

Or you could have a WAGs group of dots that point the wrong way and have a couple of smaller dots on the front (to signify their feet).

Yeah, but with the standard i manage at most of them dont have WAGs. They just dont earnt the money ;)

Archived