Having to "continue" four-five times pr. day

I'm not sure what the reason is, but my game keeps returning to the "home" screen four-five times pr. day, without any visible reason.

No new inbox stuff or anything.

I do run with a large database and almost every top division active, but why would that cause tons of pauses during a day?

Running this large a game already create it's own share of slowness, from all the matches it has to handle pr. day, but the real problem is that I keep having to "continue" over and over.

I think, I did in FM14 and found out five seconds is too long when you have nothing to do, but anything shorter is too short (duh) when you want to do something at the break.

The game doesn't always have these breaks, sometimes you can skip days without a break, so something is creating the breaks, thought it was subscription, since I got tired of my assman telling me to subscribe to everything all the time, so I added in all and deselected everything, but it still pause without them.

I'm thinking it maybe shortlists, that creates the bumps, that the next thing I'm trying out.

IMO, the game needs a mode in-between "Continue" and "Holiday". Something like in OOTP where you can say "Continue and stop only if..." and then tailor it to PMs only, news regarding team, league, etc.

"Continue to next day" would be sensible, only stopping for (as you've said) important news items and so forth.

Holy crap! Please tell me the Continue Game Timeout is a new option this year!

It does exactly what have been hoping for for a long time...skip the midweek crap while multitasking without having to go on holiday and miss a "required action"!

No, it's been there for a few years now. At least you know about it now though, eh?!

I'm not sure what the reason is, but my game keeps returning to the "home" screen four-five times pr. day, without any visible reason.

No new inbox stuff or anything.

I do run with a large database and almost every top division active, but why would that cause tons of pauses during a day?

Running this large a game already create it's own share of slowness, from all the matches it has to handle pr. day, but the real problem is that I keep having to "continue" over and over.

I've raised this before, it's one of the most annoying aspects of this game. I'm glad someone else has posted about this, as I thought it was just me.

It's been in the game for years - probably back as far as 2008 if not further.

Haven't really noticed it until this year to be honest. It's inconsistent though. Sometimes, it'll pass the whole day. sometimes it stops at two hour intervals about four times with no new news items. It's frustrating. Definitely wasn't like that in previous versions. Sank over 2500 hours into FM14 and never noticed this once.

To my knowledge it hasn't changed.

First thing to do with any new software is to trawl through the preferences and set it up the way you want it. That's why they are called preferences.

How was it in 2014? I didn't really play that one.

Can you give specific examples how each compare?

Archived