FM'15 compared to FM'13

I tend to buy new FM versions every other year so I own '09, '11, and '13. Last year I remember there being over 1,000 new fixes. This year, based on the review I skimmed at IGN, it appears this years version is less about fixing and more about perfecting those fixes. My question is what are some of the most positive (and some negative if you can think of any) things to have occurred from '13 to '15? I saw there was a reorganization of the menus. Not sure if I will like that or not, but like anything else, I am sure I will get used to it.

It's been probably six months since I've played '13, so I cannot remember most of my minor complaints. But these were the couple I can remember.

1) Relationships with other coaches seemed impossible to change. If it started saying "feels the two of you could be friends," it didn't seem possible to ever get it so say "considers you best buds" or some status like that. Perhaps it could change to the dislike status, but there appeared to be one positive status, one negative, and then one neutral (no opinion). I know. It's petty. But I'd like to be able to have my press releases make some form of difference.

2) Coaches often would recommend a player on a part time team be given a full time contract so they can maximize their training. In older versions of FM, this was possible (I specifically remember doing it with Forward in the Swedish Second Division in the '09 version). In '13, at least with Swedish teams, it was not possible to do so for a player or two until you became a professional team.

3) There was no ultimatum option in '13. Some claimed it was there, but over 300 hours and there was never an option to issue a board ultimatum.

4) No matter how prestigious my team became, players often still did not want to come to my team. For example, through some admitted cheating (replaying matches), I worked my Swedish Second Division team to the premier division. I also won the Swedish Cup numerous times, won the Swedish Premier Division multiple times, won the Euro Cup, and won the European Champions Cup. Of course, the players willing to come to my club did increase, but there were many, even in Sweden, that still wouldn't even enter negotiations. I also think that when my team gets promoted, players on teams in lower leagues or teams being relegated should be more open to joining my team. If I am in the second division getting promoted to first division, then the players on a first division team being relegated should be slightly more interested in joining my club (even if only on a single year contract).

5) It seems any player can be convinced to taking a max length contract. Perhaps this is because I generally keep all my players under 25 (I know, probably horrible due to lack of leadership), but it seems some players would stick to their one or two year guns.

6) Nothing is more irritating than a player being unwilling to at least enter negotiations. Especially if you speculate transfer and they say they might be willing if an official offer was made. Would be nice to have a way to perhaps help convince them or their agent to open negotiations.

7) Better interaction options. A lot of times there is not an answer proper for the question asked. It would be nice if it were possible to address something more specific or perhaps have good/bad responses. Maybe have responses such as "he did not pass the ball well, but I was impressed with his goal."

Have any of these things been addressed within the past two years based on your alls experience? I know some of it seems petty and there were probably more important things I am forgetting, but it has me curious. Thanks

Archived