Couple of observations so far...

Enjoying the game, seems a little tricky but I'll get there. Couple of things that are starting to bug me:

1. Way to many penalties. Not just against me but that I'm actually winning. In my first season after 15 games there have been 10 so far. Seems excessive to me.

2. On the older versions I used to be able to rotate the device and play the game how I wanted. This seems to have disappeared. Have you tried playing with earphones in the jack? I have and it's annoying I prefer to have the headphone connector on the top left otherwise when I hold the device the connector sticks out. I should say I'm playing on an iPhone 6.

3. As mentioned above I have the new iPhone, with not much on there so plenty of space and not much running in the background - but as others have said disappointed to have to put up with this "processing" all the time. Especially frustrating at halftime or when I make a tactical change.

Thanks

• SI Staff
Enjoying the game, seems a little tricky but I'll get there. Couple of things that are starting to bug me:

1. Way to many penalties. Not just against me but that I'm actually winning. In my first season after 15 games there have been 10 so far. Seems excessive to me.

Will keep an eye on this but feel it may just be coincidental at this point

2. On the older versions I used to be able to rotate the device and play the game how I wanted. This seems to have disappeared. Have you tried playing with earphones in the jack? I have and it's annoying I prefer to have the headphone connector on the top left otherwise when I hold the device the connector sticks out. I should say I'm playing on an iPhone 6.

This is a temporary solution to an iOS 8 issue, we're working on it!

3. As mentioned above I have the new iPhone, with not much on there so plenty of space and not much running in the background - but as others have said disappointed to have to put up with this "processing" all the time. Especially frustrating at halftime or when I make a tactical change.

Thanks

The new match engine is probably several thousand times more complex than the old one and requires an awful lot of number crunching, as such there will be brief breaks for processing (these should be very short on an iPhone 6). We've already optimised this processing significantly and I don't think there's much more scope for it to come down (though we are looking at highlight playback and match clock speed etc on some devices to see if we can improve this). If it's really too much for you you can switch back to the 'Original' engine in preferences, though this requires starting a new career.

Thanks for the feedback!

Archived