Conference and below tactics?

Hi all,

I am struggling with this years edition. I always start unemployed and like the fact you can go on coaching courses etc on this edition (although I cant persuade my mingebag chairman at Kidderminster to pay £600 for my C license!) Anyway, I digress!

Started off with Guiseley and resigned after getting them promoted through playoffs. Couldn't sign anyone, nor could I get any decent staff with Guiseleys reputation. Got the Kidderminster job. My tactics are pretty basic. In previous games I've played 4-2-3-1 and waltzted my way through the game. However, I can't get this tactic, or any other tactic, to bring about any consistency for my team in fm 2015. I either win by a cricket score, or lose by a cricket score in this years edition. I just play 4-4-2 with modifications for playing home and away. Home I play wider, possession football, with a high tempo and control as philosophy. Away I play counter, narrow and close down more. I incur defeats and victories both home and away, it's not as if I'm winning at home and losing away.

Any suggestions? Can someone give me a tried and tested set of tactics for the lower leagues? This season ive played 10, won 5 abd lost 5 with about 30 goals scored and 30 goals conceded?! Is there a glitch in the game by any chance?

Also, just slightly on the latter comment about glitches. Why is the game getting poor reviews? I love the additions that I have experienced so far. The scouting is much more realistic and the training course idea for managers is fab!

The tactical principles are no different up and down the leagues, with the exception that you might have to play more simply with the caliber of players at your disposal. What do your roles and duties look like? When it falls apart, what seems to happen? Likewise, when you win, how are you winning? Based on what little information you've provided there could be any number of reasons you are inconsistent in the season. With more detailed info, you can probably get the sort of help you are looking for.

ZiDanno normally low tempo works better if you want to play possession based football not high tempo. Give that a shot to start with if possession is an issue. If you want possession based football add Work ball into box too.

Other than that we need your roles and stucture etc

Thanks. I play with a box to box midfielder and a roaming midfielder in the middle of the park, then a complete forward and a deep lying forward up top. I've noticed that my players fitness depletes significantly throughout the match and I do concede a lot of late goals. That may be due to the high tempo maybe?

How do you modify formations to play home and away, or to put this another way, should you modify formations and tactics for home and away games?

I've got players with good stats (for the conference) but need to find some consistency before I get the boot!

Archived