Football Manager Handheld 2015 Official Feedback Thread

• SI Staff

Hi all,

Football Manager Handheld 2015 is out now worldwide for iOS and Android devices, with Kindle Fire to follow.

App Store link: https://itunes.apple.com/app/football-manager-handheld-2015/id870558917?mt=8

Google Play link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sigames.fmh2015

Screenshots are available here: http://www.footballmanager.com/content/ios-android-0

If you have any issues or questions regarding the game, please take the time to read our FAQs:

iOS and Android FAQ: https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/sections/200701701

We hope you enjoy playing the game as much as we've enjoyed making it - please feel free to leave any feedback in this thread!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, just so you know, I couldn't "search" for it on the Argentinean App Store. The only "Football Manager Handheld" that came up was '14. From there I went into Sega's store and it showed up there.

Maybe it's nothing, but maybe you want to look into it. In any case, it's downloading fine. Can't wait to play! Good day to have the afternoon off!

Hey, is there a reason why I can't start a game with Spain as my main league and Brasil as secondary? I can do it if I go with Brasil first. Am I right to assume it's because you can start Spain later, but you can't start Brasil earlier? (given Brasil starts in Jan 2015)

Hey, is there a reason why I can't start a game with Spain as my main league and Brasil as secondary? I can do it if I go with Brasil first. Am I right to assume it's because you can start Spain later, but you can't start Brasil earlier? (given Brasil starts in Jan 2015)

That is because the 3 other pick you pick are only the top from European Divisions. The first Nation you pick is any what is selectable

Hi, I'm really excited to have FMH back in my life! I've started the game on a Nexus 7 (2nd generation) but the matches are much slower than previous versions. I have it set to "commentary only" "very fast" and "key highlights" but it kind of ticks by and before I started the second half, I had a "processing match" screen for a minute or two. I don't have many other apps open. I like the new match engine, but is there a way for me to streamline it?

• SI Staff

You should never have any more than 20 seconds of processing at the absolute tops on a device that defaults to Enhanced unless there are a load of apps doing intensive background work. We'll keep an eye on feedback when it comes to overall match speed though so thanks!

which mobile devices/software supports the newer match engine? its the only thing putting me off getting a purchase. For the record phone im considering it for is iPhone 6. thanks for any feedback, couldn't find any entry with any lists or anything so thought id add it here, sorry!

How much is the in game editor. I cannot tell when I click on it. Just says do you want to confirm to buy with no price listed.

How much in Australian dollars?

Apart from that great game. Love the new match engine.

Also any chance of giving player a match rating with 1 decimal place. So players don't drop from a rating of 8 to a 7. They might be 7.6 or something makes it more accurate.

Oh and can we get match odds as a decimal as opposed to fractions?

• SI Staff
which mobile devices/software supports the newer match engine? its the only thing putting me off getting a purchase. For the record phone im considering it for is iPhone 6. thanks for any feedback, couldn't find any entry with any lists or anything so thought id add it here, sorry!

iPhone 6 should be able to handle the enhanced engine absolutely fine. :)

It's perhaps not been made entirely clear but both match options are available from the preferences if you so desire. There aren't any devices that don't "support" it as such, but for lower end devices we are strongly recommending the previous engine version for performance reasons. Cheers. :)

iPhone 6 should be able to handle the enhanced engine absolutely fine. :)

It's perhaps not been made entirely clear but both match options are available from the preferences if you so desire. There aren't any devices that don't "support" it as such, but for lower end devices we are strongly recommending the previous engine version for performance reasons. Cheers. :)

yeah was worded badly in description haha. thank you very much for the quick feedback. Been on these forums for years an years just reading mainly but whenever I've asked something the Q&A/Developers/Mods have always replied very quickly with helpful feedback. Great job SI on the main game as well love the new layout of the main game, never managed to get into a mobile/vita game but will have plenty chance on a commute 3 hours each way Saturday, best remember my charger! Thanks again and good work!

I'm using an iPhone 5S and it runs perfectly.

Im gonna upgrade soon, to iphone 6 or 6+. Does this game have improved UIs for the larger screens, compared to iphone 5?

Also, has the evogen system been improved?

Sadly it seems like the resolution of the new iPhones (6 and 6 Plus) is not supported, so I wouldn't make a purchase before SI Games gives some official feedback on this and plans to fix it, although I doubt they will make such an update anytime soon. It's really disappointing though to launch a new game, at a premium price, that doesn't even support the current devices.

First impressions are excellent, some subtle tweaks here and there and the game feels much 'tighter' and a little more 'real' than the overly cartoony versions before. I couldn't resist buying the editor and WOW, I expected to be able to mess about with a few stats but it pretty much allows you to do anything you want- can't wait to start using it in another save.

The match engine is brilliant. The old 'highlights' were so unsatisfactory but this reminds me of FM07 and the difference is incredible. I've bought the PC version but as with last year, I can see me spending far more time with this :) Well done, a decent leap from last year and worth the price.

Hi, I'm really excited to have FMH back in my life! I've started the game on a Nexus 7 (2nd generation) but the matches are much slower than previous versions. I have it set to "commentary only" "very fast" and "key highlights" but it kind of ticks by and before I started the second half, I had a "processing match" screen for a minute or two. I don't have many other apps open. I like the new match engine, but is there a way for me to streamline it?

I've got the EXACT same problem and it's doing my head in. Matches take like 5 minutes or something stupid. Only took like 40 seconds on FMH14.

I also can't seem to turn off the match preview before each game and it's getting on my nerves as well!

Playing it on the Lenovo Yoga 13.3" tablet and it looks and feels great (the bigger screen really helps). Games do seem to be a bit slower and the tablet has a quad core 2ghz processor - it's much faster than the Vita version though which I had to stop playing as it was painful.

I do think the editor needed to be part of the £6.99 package myself, at the moment I don't feel like there is enough changes to warrant the full price.

Great game though.

I own ios and improved match engine is fantastic! Has a much better feel to it and it's informative to watch.

The game on a whole is slicker and more polished, not sure why, but i feel more involved with what's happening.

I do have a small issue with loans. On this version and previous versions I never get clubs wanting to offer a percentage of the salary for the player being loaned. I appreciate smaller clubs work with a budget but it doesn't happen with any player, which I find a little wierd.

This game is currently unplayable for me. It shouldn't take me nearly ten minutes to do one match. It shouldn't have to show me a 'processing' window at half time and display the latest scores to me. It shouldn't have to show that same processing window and latest scores every time i confirm my tactics changes.

That's FM15 and FMH15 that is pretty much unplayable for me now, nice one SI! :applause:

This game is currently unplayable for me. It shouldn't take me nearly ten minutes to do one match. It shouldn't have to show me a 'processing' window at half time and display the latest scores to me. It shouldn't have to show that same processing window and latest scores every time i confirm my tactics changes.

That's FM15 and FMH15 that is pretty much unplayable for me now, nice one SI! :applause:

So turn it off and be quiet. You're in the minority and the upgraded engine is so much better than before.

Love the game, match engine is much improved although not sure why an Iphone 6 plus needs to 'process' in between match screens.

My main concern is that having paid £6 for the editor (which is generally great by the way, love the fact that you can edit almost everything) I have given my team a higher transfer and wage budget. That part is fine. However half the players are now 'worried by the clubs financial plight' and my financial status is 'bankrupt'?

How does that work??!

I have to say I'm somewhat disappointed with the new features. I'm sure the guys at SI have worked their socks off with the new 2D match engine but as someone who switches the match highlights off and has text only, there doesn't seem to be any exciting additional features that make it a worthwhile purchase for the iPhone 5.

• SI Staff
Love the game, match engine is much improved although not sure why an Iphone 6 plus needs to 'process' in between match screens.

My main concern is that having paid £6 for the editor (which is generally great by the way, love the fact that you can edit almost everything) I have given my team a higher transfer and wage budget. That part is fine. However half the players are now 'worried by the clubs financial plight' and my financial status is 'bankrupt'?

How does that work??!

Thats possibly an oversight with the editor - the 'financial status' flag is seperate to the budgets and changing those might not have changed the financial status. I'll make sure thats picked up in the first update, until then if you continue it'll probably 'right itself' in time.

• SI Staff

What device are you using? - it sounds like its struggling to handle the processing required for the new match engine, if you go into preferences then you can switch to the old one.

(you'll need to start a new career I'm afraid you can't switch engines mid-save)

Thats possibly an oversight with the editor - the 'financial status' flag is seperate to the budgets and changing those might not have changed the financial status. I'll make sure thats picked up in the first update, until then if you continue it'll probably 'right itself' in time.

Ok great, thanks for the incredibly quick response. :)

Disappointed with the price of the add ons, £9.99! Surely the add ons should not cost more than the actual game???!!!

Hopefully in this version attendances will tie in with finances. In the 2014 version I began with a 125,000 seater stadium and was getting over 100k in home games when I was in lower leagues, yet it never resulted in improved financial position... I remember in old FM from many years ago, if you drew a Premier League team in the Cup it would result in a huge revenue week due to higher ticket prices, TV rights etc. In modern FM there don't seem to be any rewards unless you actually beat a giant and even then the rewards are minuscule.

Has the old style engine been updated at all from FMH2014, or is it exactly the same? I ask because while the highlights in the new engine are much improved, it is just too slow for me (mainly when it's on the overview screen). This is both on my 2012 Nexus 7 (on which I am, admittedly, recommended to use the old engine), but also on my S4 running Android 4.4.2, which defaults to the enhanced engine.

I'd love to use the new engine, but can't see me getting through even a single season at the current speed.

Enhanced engine is too slow for me, Galaxy S4, so I've gone back to Original. Atari, is this engine still tweaked or is it like FMH14?

PS, Leeds squad was well updated :D One of the youngsters I didn't even know existed! I disagree with a lot of the CA ratings, but thats subjective.

Is there any chance we could have a pre-editor? The one FMHVibe did for 14 was excellent.

What device are you using? - it sounds like its struggling to handle the processing required for the new match engine, if you go into preferences then you can switch to the old one.

(you'll need to start a new career I'm afraid you can't switch engines mid-save)

Thanks Marc, I was struggling to find the changing of the match engines and wasn't aware it had to be doen outside of your game save. Wil lgive that a try and let you know.

Archived