*Official* Editor Feature Requests

Max Clayton-Robb

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For Central American Leagues (Costa Rica, Honduras, Guatemala, Panama, Salvador), for the qualification in the North America Champions League, it would have to take the winners of Apertura and Clausura stages, or at worst the best runner-up, if the winner to the Apertura and Clausura is the same. ;)

I searched a lot, tried dozens of combination but I think that it's impossible to reproduce this with the current editor. Or so, it's maybe the champion's league that is bad hardcoded.

- Ability to have 'checkboxes' or templates for awards when creating a new/extending an existing league system. Sucks to play in a non-FM league and not have awards - but it's too onerous to create.

- When adding sub-divisions to an added league, make it easier to add from the list rather than a drop-down scroll (have the available competitions and checkboxes by them)

- Allow copy/paste storage for more than one page at a time (for example, store both discipline and prize money at the same time for easier creation).

- Create 'linkage map' of country for creation to more easily show the promotions/relegations once you get into the regional divisions.

- Ability to auto-generate kit colors for all the 'blue/white' teams (in either an editor file or at the beginning of the game).

- Ability to have multiple nation rules in one editor file.

. Option for saving as saving as .dbc and .xml in addition to .fmf or updating the resource archiver to solve the extraction issues that have been flagged on the forum

. An option in team types to cover teams that are made up of youth such as youth academy's, high school and university teams so that for example they wouldn't be able to sign players

. Creation of new currencies

. Ability to assign secondary divisions to youth/reserve teams

. Ability to create local regions for nations without them

. Championship playoff winners automatically being award the title in the league history rather than the regular season winners (I'm aware it's possible in the adv. editor but it'd be useful in the basic editor)

I mentioned new currencies and languages for complely fictional databases, so that something other worldly like Republic Credits and Mandalorian would be respective options

Also the ability to WIPE a database. Delete every continent, nation, competition, etc and be left with a "YourCountry" with "Your compeition" that speaks "Basic", and uses "Credits" and has a capital city of "City", with 2 teams, "City FC", and "City United" or something easily overridable so that a database can be completely mine and not have to worry about overwriting the world cup and other things like that

saving files as previous years straight to .xml files

option to edit continental/international advanced rules as easily as nation rules

ability to edit agents and their ownership of players

most importantly a step by step guide on how to use the editor, especially the advanced rules perhaps a tutorial video on this would be the best thing SI could do in future

Option to edit the Champions League without having to redo the whole thing - loosing rankings in-game. This would be a good thing for all continental tournaments.

The save as option back as it was before.

you can change some things this year... i need more testing so i can be sure what exactly but its better then last years

I would love to be able to promote and relegate teams based on something like a percentage, or funky that wouldnt lead to 1-1 promotion relegation

like if there were relegation playoffs with 8 teams from 2 leagues north and south, 4 of those are the top leagues teams, so 4 and 4. responsibly 2 teams would get promoted, but I would like to make it so that the best north team gets promoted, and the best south team gets promoted, but if for example if 5 teams from the north were better than the first team from the south then it would be cool to see 6 teams get promoted and see the league gain 2 teams. Or something similar, obviously this isnt too solid, but it would be cool to acheive

obviously in the editor as is now its doable in a playoff, but you cant guarentee that the best south team gets promoted if the north teams are better, and its not possible for variance without regions like the top league wouldnt have, etc

I accept that not all of these may be possible, but I'm just writing stuff down as it comes to me. Anyway, my wishlist so far is:

- ability to add new local regions

- ability to add new nations

- ability to specify "official" and "unofficial" nation so that unofficial nations can be represented by players who have played for official teams or wish to do so in future without it affecting the players' international careers

- introduce "club type" on details screen to allow the ability to specify first team, B team, reserve team, II team etc. as well as Senior, Junior, Amateur, Welfare (as in Scotland's system) and University team and High School team (as mentioned above and below) and allow more customisation of sub teams such as German II teams to allow for secondary divisions, league history, min and max ages etc.

- more advanced editor features in the basic editor and/or an advanced editor wizard (sort of like the templates but supporting more functions) and/or more explanations of advanced editor features via tooltips or a manual and/or simplify language used in advanced editor

- new cup type in basic editor wizard and/or new template in advanced editor > All-Stars Cup/League select cup

- ability to edit dates and details of playoff games in basic editor & more advanced playoffs a la the Spanish Segunda B

- add continental rules -> add lower divisions and cups to existing structure :thup:

- add International rules -> add new competitions to existing structure :thup::thup:

- new competition type: friendly cup

- vertical parent competitions as well as horizontal ones (e.g. The Football League as the parent of the Championship and Leagues 1&2, Lega Nazionale Professionisti as the parent of Serie A&B, Liga de Futbol Profesional as parent to La Liga and Segunda etc.) and/or the ability to set fixture, squad, transfer and discipline rules for multiple competitions at once and/or the ability for awards to consider players from more than one specific competition

- ability to specify when certain teams enter cup competitions in basic editor, and ability to set up multiple cup structures to accommodate changing numbers of teams entering (basically this would allow a reconstruction of the League Cup - including the byes given to teams competing in Europe - and other competitions with fluid structures)

- ability to recreate Football League Trophy with North/South split in basic editor, and to create other regionally split tournaments

- "generate random kit" button in kit creator

- ability to edit club badge in "kits and colours" section of club screen

- new affiliation options: Is Main Club: Yes/No/Mutual deal, Percentage chance of friendly each year: [amount] home/away/neutral/friendly cup hosted by team A/friendly cup hosted by team B/team A vs B reserves/Team B vs A reserves, Players go on loan: From A to B/From B to A/both ways, Players co-owned: From A to B/From B to A/both ways, Youth Players Training: From A to B/From B to A/both ways, Help with facilities: at all times/when playing away game in other team's area, Marketing benefits: Raise A's profile in B's country/raise B's profile in A's country/both ways/Raise A's profile in own country/Raise B's profile in own country/Raise A's profile globally/Raise B's profile globally, Will Attract better youth players: To A/To B/To both, Link will be dissolved if in same division: Yes/No/Unknown(maybe)

- ability to have more than one contract, e.g.: contract 1: player at Scunthorpe, contract 2: youth coach at Sheffield Wednesday or contract 1: player/coach at Dagenham, contract 2: youth coach at Arsenal, contract 3: scout at Arsenal (obviously this would require some change to the main game in that this person would only be able to scout near the place where he plays)

- add "owned by" to club ownership screen, allow a person or another club to be selected, if another club is selected, an affiliation will automatically be created between the teams (if needed)

- stop "owner" from being a contracted position, have a "clubs owned" tab in contract section, to allow one person to own multiple clubs instead of creating duplicate records of that person, this will automatically create affiliations between the clubs which can not be broken down in-game unless one club is sold

- add "nation(s) played for at youth level(s)" to player details screen

As mentioned in the previous post, the ability to create All-Star teams and competitions.

It should be possible to get the game to select players based on different criteria, i.e. best players in division, best players in group (for conferences etc), best players from region, nation, continent, world etc.

When the number of teams to be promoted or to go into a play-offs for the parent competition is not divisible by the number of child competitions, the ability to easily choose best runners up from across the child competitions involved.

e.g. the swiss fourth level has three child divisions. Eight teams enter the promotion play-offs from these divisions, being the top two in each division plus the next best two teams from across all three divisions. Try as I might, I have never been able to get this to work.

This may be possible to do anyway with some combination of the advanced rules (if anybody knows how, please tell me!)

- Ability to load more than 69 files at a time (or ability to have multiple nation rules set in one file).

- Ability to auto-generate prize money for cups, leagues, TV money based on reputation and nation info.

- Better game processing, which makes huge game worlds faster.

I would like to see option to edit European club continental places without losing euro-coefficients. Include that euro-coefficients in editor-i guess its very complex but you can do it :D

- Ability to load more than 69 files at a time (or ability to have multiple nation rules set in one file).

make one file in advanced editor and you dont need this option. also this way you can have all database changes in 1 file.

- Better game processing, which makes huge game worlds faster.

You can make this with cheat engine. Its not supported by SI but i use this always without any issues

make one file in advanced editor and you dont need this option. also this way you can have all database changes in 1 file.

This sounds like it will be very useful to me in a project I'm working on, could you possibly elaborate on how one could achieve multiple nation rules in one file? It might be best to PM me so we don't hijack the thread, or start a new thread so others can view it too.

It should be possible to set the maximum age of players to at least 23. This is to enable university clubs to only recruit players of university age. 21 is too low to achieve that.

It also doesnt work

Setting a max age disables the ability to use regular coaches as it treats the main team as a youth team

In order to aid those who wish to make County Cup style competitions, an addition to "Get Specific Team" would be very helpful to allow the selection of a team type depending on division level, some thing like this:

If division level is equal to or higher than [4] use team type : [u21]

Then somebody starts in the lower leagues their first team will play in county cups, and if they progress high enough in the pyramid then the U21's would enter instead.

How about if you search for something in the editor and it doesn't exist, the editor could give you an option to create that item using the search terms you entered. It's a small thing and makes no difference if what you searched for is "sgfjvemfhvjdfbqufbfgq" but if you had done a detailed filtered search for something really specific then having the editor create an item to match the search could save quite a bit of time.

In order to aid those who wish to make County Cup style competitions, an addition to "Get Specific Team" would be very helpful to allow the selection of a team type depending on division level, some thing like this:

If division level is equal to or higher than [4] use team type : [u21]

Then somebody starts in the lower leagues their first team will play in county cups, and if they progress high enough in the pyramid then the U21's would enter instead.

To add on to this because it involves a conditional, adding in "Get all teams with condition" would be great. Imagine every team from British Columbia, Washington, and Oregon coming together forming a cascadia cup. Or ALL teams from a division, because divisions can fluctuate in size it wouldn't be fair to get 12 teams from a division when theres 13 and the 1 left out is the best team. I dont know if its in the advanced editor, I should probably man up and figure that out, and im also not sure if you're able to just get the max teams from a division and not have it bug out, I should probably check that out as well, but yeah

As well as the conditions suggested for team entry (such as replacing with U21 sides from higher divisions), the ability to have simple cups auto-adapt to changes in size so higher level teams could be excluded completely. That way you could make, say, Essex County Cup which would shrink slightly by moving the rounds a couple of teams enter in were Dagenham and Redbridge to reach the Championship, or expand to include West Ham if they end up languishing in League One.

It's only a little thing, but make it so the editor when windowed can be resized/scaled horizontally again. The FM 2014 editor let you do this, which was great because I use it a lot on my laptop and like to have half the screen as my editor, the other half as another window like Youtube.

The Fm 2015 editor only lets you resize it horizontally to a certain point before you can't make it any smaller. When you're using a smaller screen size like a laptop it takes up most of the space.

I'm guessing in a minority with this request but it would make using it SO much better again!

would it be possible to release multiple skins for the editor. I much prefer the way it used to look in 2012. I know not everyone does but the smaller font meant you could see more info at once, there's soooooo much scrolling back and forth in the new-style editor. So that and/or the ability to resize panels (and text, maybe), which would be useful as there's a little dead space (not a lot, just an inch or two) that could be made use of if I could resize my panels.

Hi, I just realized this thread was a thing =)

This is more of a bug, but I think it counts for this thread.

I love the new "Add Advanced Rules" feature where you can "Match Schedule Against Groups". It absolutely made my life a whole lot easier, especially with the project I was working on. The only issue I had with it was that I seems to have broken any custom TV offset dates you want to set. I wanted to make some Saturday games turn into TV Sunday games, but using this feature, I can no longer do this. The TV offset dates work fine when I'm not using this new feature, so I must conclude it is this. With that said, I am still able to have TV games but only if I set a default TV type (which applies to every game in the league). I've lost the ability to add variation to the TV times and dates.

Thanks for adding the new feature! Hope there's a fix that's possible for this.

Hi All

I sent a PM to Neil Brock at si asking for the following and he said to post this here!!!!

this would be a simple bit of code to assign id`s to Cups in the club overview screen as seen below , the community can do the work on finding the pictures and assigning and id like ADD PLAYER ,,,THIS WOULD TRANSLATE TO ADD CUP ID IN THE PRE GAME EDITOR

THIS IS A CLASSIC WISH FROM A LOT OF MODDERS SKINNERS , AND THE COMMUNITY WOULD LOVE TO SEE IT IMPLEMENTED !!!:applause:

"can you give me a definitive answer why SI wont implement this in the club overview screen showing exact trophies for each country , it cant be that hard for SI to implement this like club logo`s , player faces etc

it would be great if SI can give us the option id say the community will do the work with the editor !!! all it needs is for SI to give us the option in the editor to assign id`s to trophies so they show in the club overview screen like below (as you can see with the mod it shows the English trophies for the Portuguese League because you can only replace the default trophies with 7 trophies) , there is a mod you can get see pic below , and the community can do the rest ???:applause:;):D

kind regards

UQHF5ct.png

I've been away for a while, and came across this thread. I thought I'd share some of my thoughts.

Firstly, there was already an 'Official' Editor Suggestion Thread here - it is even linked at the top of the Editor's Hideaway forum. Please tell me you haven't been ignoring this for the past 2 years?

It's also difficult to gauge an official response to these requests, as there are no replies from SI on here. But I guess the GD Wishlist thread is the same.

Anyway, the biggest request I could ever make of you is to enable us the option of saving to database. There are projects that are far too big in scale for .fmf, .xml or .dbc files. My main project has around 50 different files. I haven't used FM2015, but I guess that if you can't .fmf files in a text editor like a .xml file, having 50 .fmf files would be pointless.

Give us a folder to place individual data files, like you do in the database with the dbc folder in FM12-14 (not sure if it's there for FM15) if you cannot allow us to create our own database. You allowed it for years until FM09. Bring it back.

Lastly not a feature request or anything related to the Editor. The lack of any decent competition for Football Manager has, in my opinion (I am sure many others share this thought), caused the stagnation of FM. You are listening too much to the waffle that people request, leave loads of bugs in the game (unintentionally but inevitable given the scope of the game) and irritate a lot of customers. This year, it cost you me as a customer. Please note that the project I released last year was used by around 5000 people, some who only buy FM to use the release. So you have lost a lot more that you can't really account for. Before you implement any new features, fix the damned product before you lose more loyal customers.