How To Snatch Players During Youth Intake?

One of my favorite times of the FM Calendar, when there is youth intake, and new regens enters the save.

Now besides your own youth intake, whats the way to snatch youngsters from other clubs?

Normally what i do is search under 16 years, located in Spain (Since my save is La Liga), then anyone with Yth written next to the name i scout or try to sign. If scouts are fast i can sign them with compensation, if not, the clubs already give them a youth contract, and there after i have to bid for the player, which can often be expensive.

Whats the best way to look for and sign youngsters from other clubs-at minimum cost. Is there anything that i am missing out on?

The day you get your youth through is also the day that the other clubs in that nation get their youth intake. So you'll have a little less than a week before most players sign pre-contracts and the best ones becomes very expensive.

I usually go to each clubs u-18/19 team, sort them by games played. The ones with 0 games will be newgens without contracts. Of those I pick out the most valued players and request a scout report. I usually end up signing 4-5 of the highest rated each year, and I've picked up some great ones for low fees. When you offer those players contracts, you can add 50-100% to their demands (which are generally low) and they will sign immediately without listening to other offers. It's a gamble though as the player knowledge will be low, and I usually miss out on some good ones.

I was thinking maybe there is a way get news of youth intakes from other nations as well by subscribing to a team in each nation. Haven't bothered trying that yet though.. Not really struggling to sign talents and make money, to put it that way, but it is harder compared to fm14.

No, I usually just go through the better clubs in the nation - except the top clubs, as the players won't leave. Maybe most of the top division clubs, and then selected clubs outside the top league.

As for who would produce the better players, it is random so you might see a great player occasionally come through at a low rep club, but it is influenced by junior coaching (starting ca) and youth recruitment (potential). So to save time and effort I usually limit myself to the clubs that have a decent setup.

In Spain I would guess you'd have the best luck with clubs like Betis, Sociedad, Athletic, Villarreal, Osasuna. Sevilla and Atletico as well if you can tempt players from them. Barca and Real Madrid will usually get great youths, but they are likely to not want to move.

Also, for nations I haven't enabled the league in I usually go through the clubs in the top division. That's usually a quick thing as most clubs won't get that many players in.

Just go to a top club in that nation, enter their transfer history screen and hit the drop down menu and select 'Youth'. Click one of the newgens and press Ctrl+a to select all and right click to request scout reports. Then you just press the down arrow next to the club logo and repeat until you've done a full circle. That way you can scout all newgens in that nation's top league in less than a minute.

I realize my obsessive nature is on display here. I'm having fun doing this though :)

Edit: Oh, and using world transfer - youth intake is quite easy.

I suppose. I did mention it above in regards to non active leagues.. but in an active league there's probably 5-15 youths pr club coming through, and with less than a week before they sign with their club you will need a lot of scouts to get all those scout reports in time.

My fav time of the year too.

I go to world/transfer/youth intake, and the list from that month is there.

Then depending how much time you have on your hands hover on the i next to players and scroll the list.

I put it in club order so as not to look through all the lower league players, sometimes!

They won't come on the same date for every club in a particular country this year, which is excellent.

1.If i understand the youth intake dates correct: "Every country have the same month youth intake, but different date from year to year?

2. or can for example england have one intake in june 2018 and the next janary 2019?

Archived