Completely Dominant 4-3-2-1

UPDATE: Still a very effective tactic in patch update 15.2.1

DOMINANT 4-3-2-1

Hello!

Welcome to my dominant home and away tactic! Some have said the days of plug in a tactic and play are gone, but this tactic says differently.

Have you heard of Silkeborg? Nope me neither, until i took control of them 3 seasons ago, and last season we managed to get to the Champions League semi final, beating Arsenal, Dortmund and Juventus in the process.

This tactic works home and away, with slight changes to the instructions for each scenario. It uses the wide men to score the goals, with them having the option to cross to your striker, or play in the marauding wing backs.

I by no means claim to be a master tactician or a master of FM, so don't read this thinking I am, i have simply tweaked and tweaked this tactic over 3 seasons and now it gives me a complete monopoly in Denmark, and allows me to heavily compete in the CL. Enjoy!

The Tactic

87a238c307f65681fd8b3dddd39191d0.png

So this is the base tactic.

Normal Goalkeeper

2 Complete Wingbacks

2 Normal Center Defenders on Defend

2 Advanced Playmakers on Attack

Central Midfielder on Defend

2 Inside Forwads on Attack

1 False Nine

One of the Center backs can be used as a Ball player if you wish, i used to use it, but sold the defender that played the role and therefore switched back. The Central Midfielder can be a Ball Winning Midfielder too, i used to use this also, which worked brilliantly but i feel the Central Midfielder allows my CM to use his passing ability slightly more, so switched to this instead, he gets better ratings with this role by far. The false nine can also be a complete forward, but i haven't found the right striker so far to fit this role.

Team Instructions

b6b725e4b59d930e08e8c680b9fd58e7.png

And for away games:

e5219c34b840690af8d0f2c193791f49.png

Can use look for overlap if you wish, but my full backs are complete wingbacks and do this anyway, i felt that having this instruction used, my inside forwards looked for my wing backs just a little too much. For me 'Be more expressive' is the most important instruction, i want my 2 AP's to have complete freedom to express themselves, same with my inside forwards, and trust me, they do.

Player Instructions

I tried to keep these on the downlow but realized that more doesn't necessarily mean bad.

Goalkeeper: Distribute to fullbacks, pass it shorter, Fewer risky passes

CWB: Fewer Risky passes, Run wide with ball

CB: Mark Tighter, pass it shorter

CM: Close down much more, mark tighter, tackle harder, pass it shorter

AP: Close down more, get further forward, more direct passes

IF: None, they just do what they want to great success

F9: Roam from position

These can be changed to suit your players.

Results

f56deb6b58d841fd125c4644820e3526.png

aa3e9d736def357b3fe43e4ef8f48763.png

2e8d921dcc088716f15cd943474d846a.png

This one surprised me.. Unfortunately lost in Semi final :(

6c0725c8eeedf0ee2693b2d2084c296f.png

Some fixture sheets:

a56dcc651d64ad1db5d1040d739decc1.png

83ef162410869b747ff5b1c325b9ac7a.png

And then this, the mother of all games, happened this season in the CL:

6-0 up in the first 25 minutes, away to Benfica..

13e53132a08e5f1897b8750d329b518f.png

b8b61ea2d704fd42630ba24fbf37d86b.png

So there you have it! Bearing in mind my philosophy with Silkeborg is to bring youth through, by playing them regularly in the first team, my main starting 11 in my CL semi final season included: 19 Year old keeper, 19 year old CB, 20 year old CWB, 17/19/19 year old Central Mids, 18 year old F9, so this tactic could be even better with a more experienced, developed side.

Was it Alan Hansen who once said 'You can't win anything with kids'? Pfft.

DOWNLOAD : https://www.mediafire.com/?vs632m5a29hz8xm

http://www75.zippyshare.com/v/32551428/file.html

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got a link? And do you use any OI? Would love to give this a try
where is the link to share it ?

I have just added a download link :)

As for OI, i let me assistant manager select them, however make sure he has high JPA and Tactical knowledge if you let him do this.

If they use a lone striker i select all of the possible OI on him, to try and isolate him.

2 Questions Harold, Opposite foot for each side? Do any positions require Pace? I'm going to try it with Leeds but I have Warnock at LB, Also these questions depend on who I try and sign for the Wings!
Nope opposite foot is not essential, and i'd say have some pace at full back and inside forward if you can, if not doesn't really matter but do try and bring someone in :)

Harrold,

The download link you provided - was that for just the 'Home' tactic? I ain't at home at the moment so will download later and try it out, looks good, well done.

Yes it's just the home tactic, but the away tactic is the exact same, just with the adition of those 4 team instructions, which you can set as a preset and just switch between the 2, recently however i've just been going with the home instructions, both home and away, and it's working fine. I do however go with the away instructions when playing away in the CL against big teams.

Thank you!

Impressive results, but the real question is on which version of FM15 they were achieved. The Benfica game, was it on 15.1.3?

If yes, are you sure?

I was cruising on 15.1.1 etc, but 15.1.3 hit me hard.

i've used it on every version so far, the benfica game was on 15.1.3 i believe, but all versions this has worked for me

Seems like a fairly solid tactic so far, are there any suggested type of players for the specific positions?
The inside forwards are crucial, you want them to have good finishing and long shots, and dribbling is nice, your Central midfielder on defend is important too, Work rate, strength and tackling are big stats for him, and then finally you want your full backs to have good crossing, this helps a lot

I had to manually enter the tactic in due to the game crashing after putting the file on, what settings do you have for set pieces may I ask? would Warnock be good enough with his 11 pace? 13 acceleration mind, his 18 stamina is something I like as well
Ah im sorry to hear that :( I have attack the near post, and with defending i have 3 marking 6 yard box, centre backs on tall players and full backs on post, 2 stay forward.

Yeah i'd say thats okay for Warnock, what's his crossing like? thats the main one

crossing is 12, who is attacking the near post please mate? I assume you mean the 3 CMs marking the 6 yard box?
yeah sounds good, should work, if not just get someone else in :) near post is one of my center backs, however i am considering putting my striker there.. Yeah the 3 cms are on the 6 yard box, doesn't always work but seems to have toned down the goals conceded from them :)

Well a very promising start Harold I have to say. I've tried about 6 tactics so far and against Millwall in the first game of the season I've lost 3 times, drawn twice and won once, the once been the last tactic I used - we won against the run of play 1-0 with the last kick so we were lucky.

With your tactic we won 4-0, 2 pens mind, but the big test believe it or not is a League 1 Scunthorpe that we have not beaten using any tactic previous, the best I've done is extra time but lost in that - so we shall see?

We won 3-1, finally! 3-0 up when they scored a late consolation! another pen again but on the whole seems great, tough tests next v boro, brighton and watford. especially watford! I did fear we were going to lose though in this game, we hit the woodwork 4 times before we scored.

Was struggeling alot with my PSG side first season (no transfers) tried a lot of tactics for the forum and tweeking but nothing was working.

Started a new game with Milan...

Only thing i've done is to add PPM's to player:

Inside forwards: Moves into channels, Cuts inside, Refrain from taking longshots

Midterfield: Moves into channels, Plays-one-two, Refrain for taking longshots

Traning: Followed the OP

Tactic needs time to gel and players need to be trained to tactic.

Hi

I gave this a go with my Bristol Rovers team, we had started to struggle with my 4-1-4-1 formation and the board was getting restless so I thought what do i have to lose (well my job obviously).

Anyway check out the six games before and after the change.

Newtactic.jpg

So thank you for the tactic it has worked great so far.

How does the tactic perform defensively against good opposition? From what I can see you've just 3 players defense minded so when you're WBs bomb on your susceptible to counter attacks down the wings (an issue I'm trying to address with my tactics at the moment)

I'm having mixed results. Since Scunthorpe: -

Boro H 0-1

Brighton H 4-0

Watford A 0-2

Tranmere H 3-0

Bolton H 0-1

very inconsistent it seems for me at the minute, my team in case it's the players is as follows:-

GK Andre Hansen

DR Byram/Berardi

DRC Bellusci

DLC Pearce

DL Warnock

RCM Sloth/Adryan

CM Bianchi/Austin

LCM Mowatt/Murphy

AMR Miroslav Stevanovic/Antenucci

AML Lepiller/Ezequiel - Lepiller injured for 3 month during Watford game, Doukara filling in as rotater

SC Nong/Sharp

How does the tactic perform defensively against good opposition? From what I can see you've just 3 players defense minded so when you're WBs bomb on your susceptible to counter attacks down the wings (an issue I'm trying to address with my tactics at the moment)
Well atm i've created a monopoly in denmark so there aren't really any major tests for me, but as for CL games, i've played Dortmund Arsenal Juve Benfica and it tends to do okay, but the idea mainly is to outscore the opposition i think, that's what this does, however if you're defence is good statistically then it does well

I'm having mixed results. Since Scunthorpe: -

Boro H 0-1

Brighton H 4-0

Watford A 0-2

Tranmere H 3-0

Bolton H 0-1

very inconsistent it seems for me at the minute, my team in case it's the players is as follows:-

GK Andre Hansen

DR Byram/Berardi

DRC Bellusci

DLC Pearce

DL Warnock

RCM Sloth/Adryan

CM Bianchi/Austin

LCM Mowatt/Murphy

AMR Miroslav Stevanovic/Antenucci

AML Lepiller/Ezequiel - Lepiller injured for 3 month during Watford game, Doukara filling in as rotater

SC Nong/Sharp

Try and let it get to fluid, once you're there it's just plain sailing for me

Given that it's EXACTLY the same, I can't help but think this is a complete rip of my 433 SchemeServe. You've even selected the exact same player positions (which were pretty odd combinations considering what theory dictates). The only slight tweak is a switch from wing back to complete wing back, otherwise exactly the same.

Given that it's EXACTLY the same, I can't help but think this is a complete rip of my 433 SchemeServe. You've even selected the exact same player positions (which were pretty odd combinations considering what theory dictates). The only slight tweak is a switch from wing back to complete wing back, otherwise exactly the same.
Sorry Ed but i hadn't even seen your tactic, this tactics was made (not posted) in the early days of the beta, so having just looked at yours (looks nice btw) I can see it was made before you posted yours. Also the 3 player roles in midfield, are all different, and these 3 (as you probably know) play a major role in dictating the tactic. Your team instructions tell your team to play a higher tempo, push higher up and exploit the middle, 3 things that i tell my team to do the opposite.. So no i don't really think they are the same

Archived