sometimes, this game just wants you to lose

champion on the first year in the french league beating PSG !

Second year? Punished!! Same tactic, same players that have suddenly become the worst ever !!

Injuries, lack of commitment, shots on the bar, great opponent gkp and so on.... upsetting;..

I know the match engine gets to adapt to what you do; that's why I used tweaks and even end up by changing tactics

It was the same before even if slightly easier to deal with

Though, this feeling ANY time there's a ball coming near my gkp the attacking opponent is gonna score, first shoot=first goal for the opponent, too many bars hit or opponent Gkp playing the role of his life... and especially players who do poorly in positions they used to be stars :s

the inside forward that shoots the audience while he was scoring whenever he shot the year before? That's not really tactic is it?

anyways :(

Overly attacking tactic gets countered again and again at home shocker. *Gasp*

Getting hit at the break is always a risk when dominating possession.

The shocker is how efficient those precious few opponents chances often seems to be.

Not saying that it doesn't happen IRL, but conceding two crucial goals at home in Europe against an inferior ten man opposition who manages to hit off not one but two scorchers from distance, well, that's just a wee bit frustrating.

FedBv.jpg

Your forwards played badly, one of your defenders was absolutely terrorised (by Grealish I guess?), and Spurs took their chances. Simply put, you dominated the game without putting it away. When you started to see they were countering against you, and you had the lead, you could have changed things so you were slightly less offensive but you could deal better with their attacking.

Even better, you could have sat back yourself and let them come to you, and hit them on the counter yourself.

Well quite simply you don't understand how the game works.

After your success in the first season other teams see you differently, now you're a genuine threat and so where before they would try and play their normal game against you, leaving you room to exploit which your tactic obviously did quite well, but now they'll be sitting back a bit more, playing on the counter and it's obviously cancelled out whatever advantage your tactic had in the first year.

The years of being able to plug a tactic in and leave it indefinitely are long gone.

i am afraid they have not, as i have made such a tactic

champion on the first year in the french league beating PSG !

Second year? Punished!! Same tactic, same players that have suddenly become the worst ever !!

Injuries, lack of commitment, shots on the bar, great opponent gkp and so on.... upsetting;..

So Man Utd won the title 2 years ago, then see what happened last year with the same squad...........

The game most definitely does not want you to lose, but neither does it have any interest in seeing you win. You get out of it what you put in now, and that means a long slog. In my FM14 save I've reached 2028 at the helm of Real Sociedad, after starting in Argentina. In 8 years there I've done relatively well, making the Champions League about half the seasons (after starting in Adelante) and getting to Europa final, but finally in this season it's all come together. My weakness before was getting pasted without fail by Atletico, Madrid and Barca, but now I can match them, have just beaten Madrid 3-0 and 3-1 in league and cup matches and sit top by 11 points in Feb, unbeaten in 35 games.

Easy? Let's see. My team is composed 60-70% of academy graduates, with no starter coming in for over 5-6 million, which means pretty much every first-teamer has been painstakingly nurtured and trained to play a role in my tactic. That tactic itself has gone through christ knows how many evolutions in the last 8 years, learning the hard way as it falls to pieces that changes need to be made before solving a problem, usually to find another problem shortly after :lol: We can't match Barca or Madrid in spending, but an unstinting commitment to youth and team spirit has finally started to pay dividends.

This is not a bragging post. Like the OP over that time I have had many games like that Spurs defeat, and inexplicable drops in form that almost every season saw Sociedad drop out of title contention. What I am trying to say is that one game, however frustrating, is insignificant over the course of a career. If it is repeated over and again it is probably something you're doing :p but brush it off, keep building and developing because, as I can say on the verge of a first title after a glorious 14 year career with a grand total of one trophy in the cabinet, that pay-off I can sense right now is well worth waiting for!!

Everyone has the occasional head scratching games where your strikers just doesn't score and the opposition is deadly efficient. I recently lost a home game 3-2. They scored two free kicks within 7 minutes of game start, where one included a fumble from the goalie, and the last goal came from a bad defender error. I guess the trick is to see it before it happens and adjust accordingly. Had I not gone out with a control strategy in that game, but had a more patient approach, this might have gone very different.

Then you have those other games, which are all the more enjoyable, like below, where your goalie pulls off save after save, and you boot the ball upfield and score like it's the easiest thing ever.

fneBQPF.png

6hdUj86.png

Archived