What is the worst thing about this match?

I actually have that beat, I played a cup game were I had more shots at goal and more CCCs, the opposition had only 2 shots for the entire game including extra time.

...... we got beat on penalties.

It's called hard luck, just have to move on.

Happens far, far too often to be 'luck'.

The only thing wrong is the no yellow cards thing.

Everything else is completely normal. If you show me 20 straight matches where you completely dominate and lose, then we might have a problem. Just once every three or four matches where the team playing better doesn't win is the norm.

I suppose in an ideal FM world games like these and many others would not need a penalty shoot out but I remember as far back as 1993/4 when once you had a winning tactic that was it so no real challenge.

This incarnation really makes you think and I'm sure I'm not alone in having " I hate this game " days as well as " I am the best manager ever" days.

Guest El Payaso

The amount of chances for Arsenal. It takes really bad defending to allow 23 shots from inside the penalty area(?) and even blocking zero of those attempts. 3 CCCs isn't that bad as Arsenal are quite a bit bigger team but 8 HCs... Team with such quality Arsenal should have would score maybe like 6-8 goals with that kind of chances.

The worst thing is that you had less than half your shots on target, one third of your total shots were long shots, and you did nothing in the game to change this so you could turn dominance into goals. Additionally, when you had a 1 goal lead you did not shut down and prevent the opposition - who were clearly going to play more aggressively in the latter stages when losing - from getting a late goal. Those are tactical failings on your part, not the game imo. The penalty thing is also completely normal, and a huge improvement on the 18-17 monsters we had in FM14.

The not getting a booking with 22 fouls is odd, I will admit that one. Might even be worth posting that one as a bug report, if you really think it is unusual. Ironically as I write this I have a ref who is booking everyone for every little niggly foul. My opponents just had a player sent off, and I have 5 men on yellows. Will be a miracle if there are no more reds.

The worst thing is that you had less than half your shots on target, one third of your total shots were long shots, and you did nothing in the game to change this so you could turn dominance into goals. Additionally, when you had a 1 goal lead you did not shut down and prevent the opposition - who were clearly going to play more aggressively in the latter stages when losing - from getting a late goal. Those are tactical failings on your part, not the game imo. The penalty thing is also completely normal, and a huge improvement on the 18-17 monsters we had in FM14.

The not getting a booking with 22 fouls is odd, I will admit that one. Might even be worth posting that one as a bug report, if you really think it is unusual. Ironically as I write this I have a ref who is booking everyone for every little niggly foul. My opponents just had a player sent off, and I have 5 men on yellows. Will be a miracle if there are no more reds.

Hi

Don't recall blaming the game.

I've recently created a post praising SI http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/408714-I-tried-to-prove-the-AI-cheats-but-I-don-t-think-it-does-now

I have seen quite a few games in my 47 years similar to this. As an Arsenal season ticket holder it is sometimes a thankless task when they dominate and get little out of it.

As far as bookings go think it was a one of to be fair as my other post proves ish.

I do tend to stick to the same tactics and have been successful. The only thing I tend to change is the opposition instructions when needed and dependant on the opposition.

I did change things in the game itself such as passing, tempo and even strikers but to no avail.

I've had a few matches now where my opponents are at the 20+ fouls without getting a booking.

on average this 38 game Prem (season 3 Arsenal) The opposition fouled me 544 times and received 52 yellows and 2 reds a yellow every 10.5 fouls.

I fouled 408 times with 42 yellows and 1 red a yellow for every 12.75 fouls.

I've had it better;

8 CCC's!

We won 2-0, neither goal was a CCC, I should have saved the match so I could check the half chances and woodwork. Positive the woodwork was +3 too.

I had 7 CCC with 3 goals and opposition once had 7 CCC with only 1 goal (spurs away 1-1 draw)

I beat Stoke 5-1 away with 7CCC me and 4 CCC stoke also :)

Archived