[FM15] Kira's Suffocation 4-3-3

Hi guys,

I have been experimenting with different tactics left and right. I tried to come to a conclusion on what works in the current ME for different teams and in different leagues. Eventually, I came up with the following tactic:

Kira's Suffocation 4-3-3 - ME 1534

2qnuurq.png

34y1hl2.png

The idea is quite simple: it's a possession based 4-3-3, with supporting full backs, three ball winning midfielders and two false nine's and an advanced forward up front. The idea is to put as much pressure on the opponent as possible. Then, when we conquer the ball, we try to keep possession and put players into good opportunities. These players will be all three attackers + the two most wide midfielders. The midfielders will also pressure the wingers of the opposition, so you won't be as vulnerable against crosses as you might think.

The tactic works best with two pacey players as false nine's and an advanced forward who 's good in the air. In midfield, put your most creative midfielders in the left and right position. They will have a lot of opportunities to score and you will want to capitalize on that. The defence is quite standard, though it's a plus if your full backs can cross a ball or go past a defender.

The original game in which I started using this tactic, was with Anderlecht. The results there were as follows (last tweak was in game v. Mechelen):

2nlxnyr.png

Today, I started a Southampton game, just to see how it went with a subtop team in a top division. I went on holiday until the first game of the season and then played the first 19 of them, commentary only. The results were as follows:

2ykz0cl.png

11vmq6u.png

ncct47.png

I plan on repeating this experiment with other teams, though it would be nice if you guys test it yourself. It might need a little tweaking here and there, depending on your team, but I think it's an excellent start in the current ME.

Last note: please actually play your games. I have simulated and have found that the difference in results and match stats vary A LOT between games on holiday and actually played games.

Have fun and let me know how it went!

Kira24

DOWNLOAD: http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/5634971/file.html

Its not a tactic file so it cannot be used

The .fmf file downloaded fine from the link provided.

The only question I have is that in the downloaded tactic the midfield 3 are all BWM(s), but in your screenshot in the OP the middle MC is BWM(d).

Which is correct (screenshot or download)?

The .fmf file downloaded fine from the link provided.

The only question I have is that in the downloaded tactic the midfield 3 are all BWM(s), but in your screenshot in the OP the middle MC is BWM(d).

Which is correct (screenshot or download)?

The original tactic was with all three midfielders on support. However, I was then playing with a team that was at least as good as the other top teams in the league. For the Southampton experiment, I decided to pull the center midfielder back a little by putting him on defend (I was conceding a bit too much to my liking). This makes the attacking moves a little less flowing, but gives more defensive stability. I noticed that, against teams who have the tactical ability to outplay the high pressure (or are just better than yours), you are too vulnerable if you lose possession and your midfield is too high up the pitch. So the choice is up to you, depending on the team you're using it with and who you're playing.

Hi, I've tried this tactic now with Man Utd and Celtic and it's been great.

I'd say I've tried near enough every tactic on here so far and if I was being honest I'd have to say has been the best so far. Quite hard to play 4-3-3 with some teams but the tactic works great.

Cheers!

Hi just a few questions sorry, What training do you do (Pre season / During season)? do you use opposition instructions? and finally what size pitch?

Figure out what YOUR players lack and building a training schedule around that. Using another person's schedule may not benefit you since they have different players with different needs.

I've been running a 4-3-3, three strikers, 2 cm's and a DM and have been getting great results.

Hi just a few questions sorry, What training do you do (Pre season / During season)? do you use opposition instructions? and finally what size pitch?
Figure out what YOUR players lack and building a training schedule around that. Using another person's schedule may not benefit you since they have different players with different needs.

I've been running a 4-3-3, three strikers, 2 cm's and a DM and have been getting great results.

Like USMNT10 said, your training schedule should be designed to best fit your players. As for your other questions: I do not use any opposition instructions and have not yet altered the pitch size. As the tactic seems to be working away and at home, I concluded that pitch size didn't really affect the outcome. Logically, a smaller pitch would be expected to benefit the mifielders, because it would lessen the ground they have to cover. On the other hand, a smaller pitch might also restrict the attackers in their movements.

Hi, I've tried this tactic now with Man Utd and Celtic and it's been great.

I'd say I've tried near enough every tactic on here so far and if I was being honest I'd have to say has been the best so far. Quite hard to play 4-3-3 with some teams but the tactic works great.

Cheers!

Great to here, I'm very glad it's working for you!

Going to give this tactic a go.

At the moment I'm getting very little enjoyment from FM15. Hopefully this tactic can do something to step the tide constant defensive howlers every single ******* match.

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Hey.

Im about to try it.

Have you though on making 2 variations of it, one more defensive for big games /defend a lead, and one more attacking for gaining a goal?

I shouldnt look for 3 ball winners right? I can use more creative CMs on the sides I guess?

What is your match prep? do you use OI?

Hey.

Im about to try it.

Have you though on making 2 variations of it, one more defensive for big games /defend a lead, and one more attacking for gaining a goal?

I shouldnt look for 3 ball winners right? I can use more creative CMs on the sides I guess?

What is your match prep? do you use OI?

That's exactly what I'm still working on, though the standard tactic seemed to work fine against big teams as well with Southampton. I always use standard tactic as match prep and don't use any opponent instructions.

You can use more creative midfielders, but I can't promise that that will lead to the same results. I've had the best results with three ball winning midfielders. Trust me, if you put all three of them on support (supposing your team is strong enough to pull that off), they will get a lot of scoring opportunities. Even if you give the central midfielder a defensive role, the two others will still bag their share of goals.

Hope it goes well for you!

Have to say this so far has been pretty fantastic for me with Liverpool. Lucas/Allen, Gerrard/Can and Henderson are my three BWM. Ive also tried Coutinho out there too.

The first few games I drew a few and lost 1-0 away to united. Since then Ive gone on a 10 game unbeaten streak. The highlight was beating Man City 4-1 away from home. I will test it out somemore and will post back with any updates. Ive only lost 1 game so far this season out of about 16 matches.

For OI instructions and team talks, I have left all that to my assistant.

How do you use a fmf file? normally its a tac file.

SI doesn't like .tac files anymore. When you create a tactic, it automatically saves it as a .fmf file. In order to use an fmf tactic, you have to import it through the game. Go to tactic screen, click the drop down and then click on manage tactics, then import your saved fmf. They do not show up in the archived. They show up on the drop down tab. The people who have their tactics in as a tac file went an extra step to then convert that fmf tactic into a tac fiel.

I'm using this with Villa and it's working fairly well, I've won 6, drew 5 and lost 4 of my first 15 games. My only problem is that I'm not scoring goals, I've only scored 14 goals in 15 games. I have between 50-65% possession every game and usually 10-15 shots but I'm only getting like 2 or 3 on target. If I could score more then I wouldn't have as many draws as defensively this tactic is pretty good.

Any ideas?

playing at conference south level hardly any strikers can play the false level, any suggestions if i was to change the role what would be a decent alternative?

regard

James

Just started with this in my new game as Leamington in Conference North. Don't have any False Nines so I am using two Deep Lying Forwards (support) instead. Started with two wins followed by a loss and four draws. An okay start and should only get better as the players get used to the tactic.

Just started with this in my new game as Leamington in Conference North. Don't have any False Nines so I am using two Deep Lying Forwards (support) instead. Started with two wins followed by a loss and four draws. An okay start and should only get better as the players get used to the tactic.

I moved the left and right strikers to advanced forwards with a deep lying forward in the middle. Seems to have sparked the attack a bit and we are sitting in first spot after 20 games. Always wanted to try a 4-3-3 so I am really enjoying this tactic so far.

Been trying this but drawing an awful lot of blanks, using Bayern and got a front 3 choosing from Robben, Muller, Reus, Lewandowski & Lukaku (the first three in the wide positions, the latter two in the central position) and despite full familiarity, training that makes sense and such just not scoring regularly despite having between 65-70% of possession and 30+ shots in a number of games.

Just had this game against Dortmund for example:

dortmund_bayern_zpsbbab1c1b.png

Yeah I am liking the two advanced forwards as they act almost like narrow wingers and will get crosses in for your other AF and DLF. Seems to encourage the BWMs (support) to get forward a bit more too as the DLFs are not right in front of them.

I am having the dreaded January/February form slump. Was cruising along at the top of the Conference North but have slipped to fourth. Performances just dropped right off. Any ideas on how to tweak this tactic to try get through it? Maybe shift to more structured or defensive to shore up the defence a bit?

I am having the dreaded January/February form slump. Was cruising along at the top of the Conference North but have slipped to fourth. Performances just dropped right off. Any ideas on how to tweak this tactic to try get through it? Maybe shift to more structured or defensive to shore up the defence a bit?
some extra attack i am doing really well got to fa cup first round proper with a level 9 team got barnsley away, will let you know how i do, just keep it the same from opening post

Pretty pointless formation for LLM as you'll never find a False Nine, let alone 2!

Instead of False Nines for LLM I have been using Deep Lying Forwards. Pretty happy with how it is going. I have been using two Advanced Forwards and one Deep Lying Forward but thinking of reverting back as the two DLFs do some good work defensively.

Another tweak I have made (after conceding too many goals) is change the two wide BWMs from support to defend, and change the middle BWM to a deep lying playmaker. Six clean sheets from eight games since this change after having none in my first 36 games of the season! Might change the DLP to an advanced playmaker though for a bit more attacking from the midfield.

I hve been using this for 2nd half of my season at Crystal Palace... Finished 7th... I always sim my games in April early May I wouldnt recommend doing so 1 win, 4 losses and 2 draws... Where as the previous 6 was 4 wins and 2 draws!
2 false 9s do work they are my top scorers

I started using this tactic in my third season as Gainsborough (promoted to Conference). Had a horrible start to the season with my previous tactic but switched to this in November and have had a nice run of results. I haven't got the rub of the green lately but there's definitely a very noticeable improvement in play. More possession, less goals against. I definitely have one of the weaker squads in the league at the moment so I think this tactic has me over-performing, which is always a good sign.

Definitely struggling for goals as Utd with this one. Dominating possession and have a decent amount of chances, but no goals. Going to try dropping the middle striker back a bit to link up with midfield more.

Edit: Made some changes and had 72% possession and 6 CCC's. Drew 0-0. Missed 2 pens. It seems my issue is not with the tactic, but the ever enjoyable random-period-where-strikers-will-not-score-for-9-games-no-matter-what.

Nope... This tactic does nothing for me.

8th after 24 games. Lost 10. Scored 23. Conceded 22. I get awesome possession and passing completion, but this tactic appears useless without worldbeating CM's. Di Maria was playing well before injury, but no-one else has done a thing. Falcao, Rooney and RvP have 14 goals between them in 55 games.

It's defensively solid. Player mistakes are the main source of goals with my terrible defense, but it simply cannot make up for the poor attacking ability this tactic possesses.

Edit: Switched tactics for the final 10 games of the season to Unto the Breach. W8 D1 L1. Scored 24, Conceded 5. I appreciate the great possession, passing stats and "chances" this tactic offers, but the goals simply do not come. Goals would mask my poor back line. Nothing I tried could get us scoring with this tactic.

Plugging along, dominate possession and shots with no questions, scoring? Few and far between sadly. It is a terrific tactic still and having great luck in league 2 with a poor team but it does not score much.

I really like this tactic for lower league teams. Keeps you in the game against better opposition. I think it could be even better with a bit of tweaking. Has anyone had any success modifying/adding to it for lower league teams?

Archived