FM15: Leicester City F.C. - Woah, woah woah it’s magic, you knowww – Esteban Cambiassoooo!

Gizmo7

Welcome to the Leicester City F.C thread 2015!

Leicester_City_crestsvg_zpsa5b22d70.png

Brief History

Leicester City Football Club, also known as the Foxes, are an English professional football club based in Leicester, and they play their football at the King Power Stadium, now in the English Premier League, having been promoted as champions of the Football League Championship in 2013–14, racking up a mammoth 102 points in the process.

Thai owners

In August 2010, following agreement on a three-year shirt sponsorship deal with duty-free retailers the King Power Group, Mandarić sold the club to a Thai-led consortium named Asian Football Investments (AFI) fronted by King Power Group's Vichai Raksriaksorn. Mandarić, an investor in AFI, was retained as club chairman. On 10 February 2011, Vichai Raksriaksorn, part of the Thai-based Asia Football Investments consortium, was appointed new chairman of the club after Mandarić left in November to take over Sheffield Wednesday.

Leicester were viewed as one of the favourites for promotion at the start of the 2011–12 season, but on 24th October 2011, following an inconsistent start with the Foxes winning just 5 out of their first 13 games, Sven-Göran Eriksson left the club by mutual consent. Three weeks later, on 15 November 2011, Nigel Pearson was confirmed to be returning to the club as Eriksson's successor. Pearson would go on to lead The Foxes to a 6th place finish in the 2012–2013 season, ensuring Leicester City were in the Championship play off's after a last gasp 3–2 away win at local rivals Nottingham Forest. However they would go on to lose out in the play-off semi final 3–2 on aggregate to Watford after Anthony Knockaert missed a late penalty and Troy Deeney scored right at the end after a swift counterattack from a Manuel Almunia double save.

This play-off heartache only made this young Leicester side stronger and more determined than ever, so they regrouped at the start of the next season, where they would eventually be crowned Champions, with 102 points, breaking numerous club records along the way. Nigel Pearson and his boys were hailed as hero’s.

d4ae6211-b0b5-4e8c-82fd-57c916f69581_zps13a58d33.jpg

The stadium

The club was founded in 1884 as Leicester Fosse, playing on a field near Fosse Road. They moved to Filbert Street in 1891 and played there for 111 years, before moving again, this time to the nearby Walkers Stadium in 2002, with a capacity of 32,312. On 19 August 2010, it emerged that the new owners wanted to rename the stadium The King Power Stadium, and had plans to increase the capacity to 42,000 should Leicester secure promotion. On 7 July 2011, Leicester City confirmed that the Walkers Stadium would now be known as the King Power Stadium.

KingPowerStadium_zps51c05577.jpg

Meet the Squad

Goalkeepers

FM15goalkeepers_zps7075d951.png

GK - Kasper Schmeichel - #1 – Looking to start his fourth season with the foxes, the Dane hasn’t missed a single league match since his arrival in 2011.

GK - Ben Hamer - #12 – Joined Leicester in the summer, on a free from Charlton. Ben will be looking to push Schmeichel for that number 1 jersey this season.

GK - Adam Smith - #31 – Signed from Middleborough on a free in 2011, the 21-year-old will look to continue his development at the club, following a string on loan spells throughout his 3 years here.

Goalkeepers analysis

Kasper is your obvious first choice here, and at 27 years old, he should be good enough to be your first team ‘keeper for a good few years. Ben Hamer is solid enough back-up, but you wouldn’t want him featuring in too many Premier League games, as he’s not great.

One to watch

Adam Smith (21 years-old) - isn’t expected to be great, but the best young goalkeeper currently at the club. There’s no harm in keeping him around for a bit and monitoring his progress in the Under 21’s, but don’t expect to see him feature in the side much.

Defenders

FM15defenders_zpsb1b4818b.png

RB - Danny Simpson - #17 - Recently signed in the summer for £2m from QPR, Danny is now rated as the number 1 right back at the club.

RB – Richie De Laet - #2 - Starting his third season with the Foxes following his £1.5m move from Manchester United in 2012, Richie is a pacey defender who can play along the whole back-line, a very useful player to have at the club.

CB – Wes Morgan - #5 – Captain fantastic, aka “Big Wes”. Morgan raised a few eyebrows when he joined the Foxes and left his boyhood club Nottingham Forest back in 2012, but consistently delivering solid performances at the back soon led to him becoming our captain, and a real fan favourite. He hasn’t looked back since.

CB – Matthew Upson - #6 – Former England International, Upson joined Leicester on a free this summer, and at the age of 35 now, will most probably retire here. That’s not to say he still hasn’t got a good season or two left in the tank though.

CB – Liam Moore#18 – Current England Under-21 International, and very highly rated youngster Liam Moore, born and raised in Leicester. Last season was Moore’s real breakthrough season, where he managed to form a formidable partnership with Wes Morgan, and he’ll be looking to do the same this season in the Premier League.

CB – Marcin Wasilewski - #27 – An absolute beast, an animal, just look at him. He isn’t the quickest, and he’s not the youngest, but he’ll prove a solid enough centre back in the Premier League. He’s also a cult hero at former club Anderlecht, where some Anderlecht fans travelled over to watch him play for Leicester a few times last season. He was released from Anderlecht in 2013, following a horrific leg break earlier in that season.

LB – Paul Konchesky - #3 – Konchesky has been playing Premier League football for the majority of his career, so he knows exactly what it’s all about. At 33, he’s probably getting on a bit now, but should be a handy player to have around the place.

LB – Jeffrey Schlupp - #15 – Started his career off as a pacey striker, netting himself a hatrick on his debut back in 2011. Fast-forward 3 years and he now finds himself as a left-back for the club. The versatile youngster can also play all up the left hand-side of the pitch too, a potentially good player here, still very raw though.

Defence analysis

Wes and Upson are your best centre backs here, although Upson starts off injured until around November/December time, so you could opt for either Wasilewski or Moore to partner your captain. Me personally I’d start Moore as he’s still young and will be at the heart of your defence for years to come, should you be fortunate enough to hold on to him. Wasilewski and Upson are good Premier League defenders at the minute, but they’ll rapidly deteriorate so come the end of the season, when they’re both out of contract, you’ll have to decide whether they’re still up to it. Simpson should be your first choice RB with De Laet offering good competition for that spot. Left back is an area you should look to strengthen, as neither Schlupp or Konchesky are great left backs for this level.

One to watch

Herve Pepe-Ngoma (18 years-old) – Has the potential to be a good player with a bit of training, but he’ll never be a great player for you.

Midfielders

FM15midfielders_zps21ae778e.png

DM – Esteban Cambiasso - #19 – Here he is, what a magnificent player to have at the club. His career has spanned from Real Madrid, Inter Milan and now Leicester City. He’s won countless trophies along the way, as well as racking up 52 caps for his country Argentina, Cambiasso should be the first name on the team sheet for Leicester this season. At 33 years-old, he should have 2 or 3 more seasons in him at the top level. Go on Esteban!

CM – Danny Drinkwater - #4 – Arguably Leicester’s best midfielder last season, Danny can play pretty much any of the midfield roles to a high standard. Signed from Manchester United 3 years ago, he’s been a great player to the Foxes, as he’s versatile, young and hungry, a good player to have, and probably the favourite to partner Cambiasso in the centre.

CM – Matty James - #8 – Another player from Manchester United’s academy, Matty James should expect to feature a lot in the Premier League this season. It’s a shame he’s a bit injury prone though, so manage him carefully.

CM – Andy King - #10 – Leicester’s longest-serving player currently, and Wales International, King has been ever-present since making his debut for the club back in 2007. Although it feels like he’s been around forever, he’s still only 25, so he’ll be a very useful player for you during your time at Leicester.

CM – Dean Hammond - #7 – A hard-working, solid ball-winner, but at 31 he’s already started declining as a player. You should probably look to move on sooner rather than later.

CM – Nick Powell - #14 – On a season-long loan from Manchester United, this highly-rated youngster is good enough to feature in this Leicester City side. Powell can play in a number of positions, but it’s his passing, vision, flair and technique that you should be looking to utilise.

Attacking midfielders/wingers

AMR – Riyad Mahrez - #26 – The Algerian International is looking like an absolute steal as Leicester signed him last January for £375k. At 23 years-old, Riyad should be your number 1 winger for years to come.

AMR – Marc Albrighton - #11 – Should provide good cover for Mahrez, and is still only 24 years-old.

AMC – Anthony Knockaert - #24 – Anthony Knockaert can play on both wings, however his lack of pace means he’s better suited to a more central role, so play him behind your striker and let his nifty footwork do the rest.

AMC – Gary Taylor-Fletcher - #22 – Decent(ish) backup for Knockaert. Not the slowest, or the fittest player, but could prove pretty handy first season.

Midfield analysis

Leicester City don’t have a natural AML at the club, so this should be rectified ASAP. Knockaert, Mahrez, Albrighton and Powell can all play there, but you should really be looking to sign another AML.

Ones to watch

DM - Hamza Choudhury - (16 years-old) – Physically brilliant for a 16 year-old, he could be your midfield ball-winner in seasons to come. He doesn’t look quite ready to play for the club just yet, but he’s definitely one to either look to loan out, or monitor his development in the Under-18’s.

AML - Jack Barmby - #29 - (19 years-old) – Signed from Manchester United in the summer, and son of Nick Barmby, this tricky winger has the potential to be a very good player. He’s one that you should be looking at giving minutes from the off, especially as his position is AML, one of which we’re currently lacking.

Strikers

FM15strikers_zps1d7ec5d8.png

ST – Leonardo Ulloa - #23 – Record-signing Leonardo Ulloa could be a good choice as a targetman, if playing one upfront.

ST – David Nugent - #35 – Last season’s top goalscorer at the club, Nugent managed to rack up 20 league goals. Lethal from the penalty spot too.

ST – Jamie Vardy - #9 – Was playing non-league football just 3 years ago, Jamie Vardy’s climb up the football league ladder is remarkable. He’s a defender’s nightmare, as he’s quick, determined, hard-working and aggressive. Oh, and he’s pretty clinical infront of goal too, netting 16 league goals last season.

ST - Chris Wood - #39 – Current New Zealand International, and aged just 22, Wood chipped in with some vital goals last season, and is a handy player to have around, he’ll only get better.

Strikers analysis

Upfront there are 4 quality strikers to choose from. Do you stick with last season’s front two of Jamie Vardy and David Nugent, who helped their team achieve promotion by scoring 16 and 20 goals respectively, or do you throw in record-signing Leonardo Ulloa straight the way?

One to watch

AMC/ST - Tom Lawrence - #16 - (20 years-old) – He’s natural in AMC, but could equally be utilised as a striker. Signed for £1m from Manchester United this summer, this highly rated youngster should feature right from the off, giving him a few cup games/substitute cameos. He has the potential to be one of the best players at the club.

Formations

oVtC9Me.png1Kdr3wN.png

QHq2QWc.png

Conclusion – Why pick Leicester City?

Things are starting to look up at Leicester, as Pearson has build a good, solid, young squad to stay in this division. But Pearson isn’t in charge anymore, you are, and you’ve got a chairman willing to support you as you build on this team. Expectations start off low, so it gives you enough time to find your feet with this club, but once you do, there is scope for you to build something great here at Leicester.

Good luck to everyone managing my beloved team, I hope you can continue with Leicester’s gradual rise up the footballing world! :)

My first FM club thread is now live! :) Let me know if you spot any mistakes or anything that i've missed out, I haven't done this before :p

I hope it can persuade a few of you to play as Leicester City with me! You are now all free to post as you wish :thup:

Just approaching the half-way mark in the season and things are starting to look up.

EF1BEC5C3F06D460C12C2DD8783C52FDC1787DC2

We're 13th, having been in the relegation zone after the first 10 games. Still not too sure what my favoured formation is, i've been switching between 4-1-4-1 (Cambiasso DM, Wood/Ulloa striker), 4-4-1-1 (Knockaert behind the striker), and 4-4-2 (Wood and Ulloa upfront), depending on the opponent, and it seems to be doing okay.

I've got Man City at home next, they've only conceded 1 goal in 17 games, ridiculous really :D Them and Chelsea are just bossing the whole league! My objective remains the same though; survive my first season, and we look on course to do so :thup:

So we're up to 10th now after 26 games :thup:

Kasper has been injured for the past 2 months so we've had to play Ben Hamer in goal, and he's not great :D Also I'm finding it hard to keep my 4 strikers happy, when I only play with one at a time. So Wood has been my first choice, leaving Ulloa and Vardy becoming unhappy, Ulloa more-so and now actually wants to leave.

Can see me getting rid of a fair few of this bunch at the end of the season; Konchesky, Wasilewski, Upson, Hammond and Taylor-Fletcher are all out of contract in the summer and I doubt I'll be renewing any of theirs, so that should free up a good chunk of wages. First season was all about staying up, so as long as we're still on course for that it's all good! :)

Thinking of starting as Leicester, never played as them before but I was impressed with them last season when they came down to Oakwell, were just too good and then when you guys smashed Man Utd the way you did it also made me want to start as Leicester.

I would also be playing my other save at the side but i'm interested in being the underdogs but with a good squad.

Thinking of starting as Leicester, never played as them before but I was impressed with them last season when they came down to Oakwell, were just too good and then when you guys smashed Man Utd the way you did it also made me want to start as Leicester.

I would also be playing my other save at the side but i'm interested in being the underdogs but with a good squad.

Yes, go for it! I'm having great fun with my Leicester save! We've got a good, young squad, good owners and a good stadium. Seems like I'm the only one playing as Leicester this year!

So my first season managing Leicester is now over, and we finished in a very respectable 11th position.

16217F0CF361A9B0D6354AA9F6001D5A93BE49DA

Chelsea finished the season unbeaten, they ran away with it. We had the worst defence in the league :o My best players were Nugent (11 goals, 1 assist), Wayne Routledge (9 goals, 6 assists), Chris Wood (9 goals, 8 assists), and Riyad Mahrez (7 goals, 6 assists).

So there's much work still to be done with the defence, and this summer i'll be letting go of a fair few of the old faces, including Konchesky, Wasilewski, Upson, Hammond and Taylor-Fletcher, that should free up a decent chunk of wages for me to wheel and deal in the transfer market :thup:

Just in pre-season, second season now. Let a fair few of my 'oldies' go on frees, including Dean Hammond, Matthew Upson (retired), Wasilewski (retired), GTF (retired), Konchesky, Gallagher and Conrad Logan.

So for I've managed to bring in Micah Richards on a free from Man City, Sammy Ameobi from Newcastle and a 23-year-old centre back from Juventus called Frederik Sorensen, who looks ace. I also splashed £6.25m on a left-back who I've been scouting for months so I'm glad to have finally got him in.

Pretty happy with my team now I think. Unsure whether to bring in another striker or not, if I do then I'll have to let one of mine go, which would probably be Ulloa, who hasn't been great for me. But like I say, I'm still unsure.

Anybody played Chris Wood often?? How is he in your saves?

He's done okay for me. Probably the best out of my strikers, that isn't saying much though :D Here's his history at the club:

iK2u0Rs.png

Here's a picture of him now, at the start of the second season for me. Hasn't progressed massively attributes-wise compared to what he was. He's doing alright though

Following your thread with interesy. I'm playing a 4,4,1,1 or 4,1,2,3. Signed Simao to play on the left mid/wing who is doing ok. 17th in the league just now at the start of Dec.

Glad to know that I'm not just talking to myself with updates then :) Good luck with Leicester, keep us updated with how you do!

i just started a leicester game, the left side looks the weakest so bought Nadir Belhadj for £1m and Shane Ferguson as backup for £700,000 also Ciaran Clark for £1.1m and Landry N'Guemo for free. only played 3 drew 3 so far. now i have a Gary Taylor-Fletcher to get rid of!

i just started a leicester game, the left side looks the weakest so bought Nadir Belhadj for £1m and Shane Ferguson as backup for £700,000 also Ciaran Clark for £1.1m and Landry N'Guemo for free. only played 3 drew 3 so far. now i have a Gary Taylor-Fletcher to get rid of!

I had Ciaran Clark on loan first season just as back-up and he wasn't great for me so decided against putting an offer for him at the end of the season. The left-midfield side is indeed the weakest, so it's good that you've sorted that out nice and early. Haha I just loaned him out for the season, his contract runs out in the summer

is it Tony Pulis time yet?

Presume that was meant for the Leicester City thread in the football forum, if so then you can read my thoughts regarding Leicester here

In short, no it isn't Tony Pulis time, I still back Pearson and don't think we'll go down. There are definitely 3 worse teams then us in the Premier League.

Are you a Leicester fan, by the way?

I hope that Nigel does not get the sack. Even if we do get relegated I believe that he will take us back up. Nothing wrong with being a yo-yo team if that's what happens for a couple of years ( although I'm not presuming that we will come straight back up).

In Nigel we trust.

i am, i'm also a fan of cruel and unusual punishment lol
I hope that Nigel does not get the sack. Even if we do get relegated I believe that he will take us back up. Nothing wrong with being a yo-yo team if that's what happens for a couple of years ( although I'm not presuming that we will come straight back up).

In Nigel we trust.

Good stuff, come in and talk all things LCFC in this thread, it needs livening up! :p --> http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/309197-The-Leicester-City-Thread-Featuring-Frenchman-and-their-Penalties?p=10040767#post10040767

So at the halfway point in the season, we're stuggling, badly. We're 18th

P5bDi3d.png

And here is a look at our results. Just not good enough, not too sure how to turn this around. I haven't found a formation that I'm pleased with so I've been chopping and changing which I'm sure won't help. Back to basics I think, 4-4-1-1 for home games, and 4-1-4-1 for away, nothing fancy, we're in the thick of a relegation scrap here, we've got to dig deep!

Not posted here for a long time, but thought i'd share my current Leicester City save. Is my most enjoyable since an Ebbsfleet save back in FM12.

Prior to starting I browsed the forums and found a few tips on who to purchase, and what tactic to use etc, so in the 1st season ended up purchasing Balanta (CB) and Lucas Romero (DM), and the tactic I used is the 'Asymmetric Bulldozer' which is downloadable from FM-Scout (Please advise if I am not allowed to say that and I will edit out). Had an ultimatum about half way through the season when I needed 6 points from 5 games to save my job, this ended well when I took 9 points from 5 games, and it went from there, with us reaching the FA Cup final, and finishing 12th in the league, qualifying for the Euro Cup in the process (I am absolutely chuffed with this in the 1st season, but I must admit, Romero (Season average rating of around 7.6) and the tactic have literally made this work!)

A nice windfall of around 30m to spend in the 2nd season saw me bring in Isco (10m up front, 30m across 48 months) and also picked up Ben Arfa on a free, signed Masip in goal (1.1m) and Bertrand for full back (3.8m). This season we have qualified from the Euro Cup as group winners (Group contained Fiorentina, Zenit and Stuttgart) and currently sit 8th in the league.

If anyone would like some screenshots of the tactic, or the team instructions or the line up etc I can post (I think!).

One question, does anyone know if the chairman expands the stadium at all?

After having a little play with other saves settled on a Leicester save with the transfer budget and avoiding relegation challenge appealing to me. Currently inthe middle of september and results have been hard to come by, losing 3 and getting a point away at Burnley. Managed to edge past Leeds in the cup with Nugent netting an injury time penalty.

i'm having a change of tactics to a 4-3-3dm wide, started withe a 4-4-2 and it's just not working as my defence isn't good enough.

My Transfers in:

Maurizio Domizzi Udinese 120k

John Hou Saeter Rosenborg 11.5k

Mikkel Diskerud Rosenborg 78k

Yann Erik de Lanlay Viking 80K

Dele Alli MK Dons 3m (loan backed for season)

Joel Obi Inter loan

Herolind Shala Odd 70k

Gary Mackay-Stevens Dundee Utd 800k

Emmanuel Mas San Lorenzo 3.5m

Carlos Fierro Chivas 9.5m

I went to the board and asked to increase the wage budget which they increased to 1.2m a week which i then adjusted to 886k

Not posted here for a long time, but thought i'd share my current Leicester City save. Is my most enjoyable since an Ebbsfleet save back in FM12.

Prior to starting I browsed the forums and found a few tips on who to purchase, and what tactic to use etc, so in the 1st season ended up purchasing Balanta (CB) and Lucas Romero (DM), and the tactic I used is the 'Asymmetric Bulldozer' which is downloadable from FM-Scout (Please advise if I am not allowed to say that and I will edit out). Had an ultimatum about half way through the season when I needed 6 points from 5 games to save my job, this ended well when I took 9 points from 5 games, and it went from there, with us reaching the FA Cup final, and finishing 12th in the league, qualifying for the Euro Cup in the process (I am absolutely chuffed with this in the 1st season, but I must admit, Romero (Season average rating of around 7.6) and the tactic have literally made this work!)

A nice windfall of around 30m to spend in the 2nd season saw me bring in Isco (10m up front, 30m across 48 months) and also picked up Ben Arfa on a free, signed Masip in goal (1.1m) and Bertrand for full back (3.8m). This season we have qualified from the Euro Cup as group winners (Group contained Fiorentina, Zenit and Stuttgart) and currently sit 8th in the league.

If anyone would like some screenshots of the tactic, or the team instructions or the line up etc I can post (I think!).

Sounds like you're doing great! Some really good signings, can't believe you've managed to get Isco in only the second season! :eek: Bertrand is also a very good signing if he's anything like he was on previous FMs. I would love to see screenshots of your tactic, line-up and team instructions too :thup:

One question, does anyone know if the chairman expands the stadium at all?

Yes you should be able to get an increase by a few thousand, as the stadium was built with a view to build another tier on top once we're an established Premier League team.

After having a little play with other saves settled on a Leicester save with the transfer budget and avoiding relegation challenge appealing to me. Currently inthe middle of september and results have been hard to come by, losing 3 and getting a point away at Burnley. Managed to edge past Leeds in the cup with Nugent netting an injury time penalty.

i'm having a change of tactics to a 4-3-3dm wide, started withe a 4-4-2 and it's just not working as my defence isn't good enough.

My Transfers in:

Maurizio Domizzi Udinese 120k

John Hou Saeter Rosenborg 11.5k

Mikkel Diskerud Rosenborg 78k

Yann Erik de Lanlay Viking 80K

Dele Alli MK Dons 3m (loan backed for season)

Joel Obi Inter loan

Herolind Shala Odd 70k

Gary Mackay-Stevens Dundee Utd 800k

Emmanuel Mas San Lorenzo 3.5m

Carlos Fierro Chivas 9.5m

I went to the board and asked to increase the wage budget which they increased to 1.2m a week which i then adjusted to 886k

Glad to see someone else enjoying their Leicester save :thup: Good work on the Fierro and Alli signings, both are great on FM for years to come.

I too am currently struggling with a formation, think I'll switch back to 4-5-1 with 1 DM (Esteban) and 2 inside forwards (Mahrez + Routledge/Knockaert) playing off a deep-lying forward (Wood).

Disaster was given an ultimatum in late October win my next game away to Villa or get the sack resulted in me getting m me packing my bags and heading to the job centre.

Think I will start again as Leicester and try a different approach with regards to transfers focussing more on some established players as opposed to unearthing a nordic gem.

Diskerud, and Fierro played well and Shala at 70k is a good value back up and covers a couple of positions, Mackay-Stevens never really got chance to show what he could do.

However Emmanuel Mas was largely poor and was constantly posting ratings under 6, although that might have been as much my tactic because Schlupp didn't fair much better.

Had A great save with Leicester on A past FM,

And after reading this decided to start another and have settled in for A long save now!

Signed Dele Alli for 3.5 million and John Souttar for 2 million, Both loaned back to their respective sides for the season!

Also signed Martin Odegaard on A compensation deal and he will be joining in January! Going to be building the side around him!

Had A half decent start, drew 3-3 with Stoke in the first game, Even though I threw away a 3-1 lead I will take A point anyways.

Away at West Brom we stormed it, Brilliant performance 3-0 up but need to stop conceading late goals!!!

Enjoying the save and will keep posting here along the way :)

just reloaded mine, as i went too mental signing new players. now martin odegaard is in the game. £1m and some convincing and he's yours. (plus £17,000 a week!) stuck with nabil belhedj and got daniel bonera on loan til upson gets back and mostly concentrated on signing under 21s.

So I've finished my second season as Leicester now, and we finished 13th, with exactly the same amount of points that we finished with last season.

B2036D8D5304B7F134E401C8413A7464D875DF2E

A very 'meh' season - defensively we were awful, not sure how to rectify this to be honest.

Here's a look at my team - Standout players were Danny Drinkwater, Riyad Mahrez and Chris Wood.

Not sure what else to say about it really, a very underwhelming season, consistently inconsistent throughout.

Update on Hamza Choudhury, who was one of my ones to watch in the write-up:

Here he is at the start of the game:

fXupKWO.png

And here he is now:

VQGIf6U.png

Started to break him in to the team this season, as he managed to get 12 Premier League games under his belt. I also had Esteban Cambiasso teach him everything he knew by tutoring him ;)

He's doing alright to be fair to him, doesn't look out of place playing in the Premier League, hopefully he'll feature a bit more next season, and could be in line to be Esteban's long-term replacement! Hopefully anyway! :thup:

EDIT: Just noticed that his vision, teamwork and positioning have all declined. Well that sucks :(

Started again and have made it to the end of November so it has gone better then last time. Changed my signing policy this time by buying players with a little room to develop but could cut at premiership level instantly. Also started with a 4-1-2-3wide, which started slowly but started to get some results and after 7 games i had A record of w1 d3 l3 beating

Arsenal 2-1 at home.The turning point was when i seemed to be getting criticised for a lack of entertaining football on show although i was 14th in the league so decided to change

tact against Liverpool away after the media thought I'd shut up shop an entertaining 5-4 victory followed so stuck with my more attcking style for the next game at home to

struggling Newcastle battering them 5-0, resulting in Pardew getting the sack after the game. just lost an entertaining game away at Spurs 5-3 was 3-1 down when Cambiasso was sent off for two bookables so threw Caution to the wind and switched from standard to control.

Players in:

Mario Holek CB Sparta Prague £1.6m great man marking attributes can also understudy for Cambiasso

John Hou Saeter MC Rosenborg £11.5K. Had him last time develops quickly.

Gino Peruzzi RB Catania £3.7m. Wasn't convinced by Simpson on previous attempt

Jack Grealish AMR/L Villa Loan. Cover for the wings

Scott Malone LB Millwall £4.5m Decent stats and scout report came back positive so gave him a go.

Yassine El Ghanassy AML Free Transfer. Quick and can dribble was worth a punt for nothing could be a decent impact sub against tiring legs

Carlos Fierro Stc Chivas £8.5m. Was my best player last attempt so went back for more.

Ladislav Krejci AML Sparta Prague £5.75m Had to sweet talk him but got my man

Arriving in Jan

Martin Odegaard AMC Stromsgodset £1.6m. Again had to sweet talk him

Raul Ruidiaz STC Coritiba £600k. Peruvian forward with pace who should replace Nugent and Vardy for considerably less wages.

Only A couple of youngsters have gone out on loan so far.

Star players so far have been Fierro 7 goals in 12 games has seen him win the first 2 young player of the month awards and finishing 2nd in 3rd. Krejci has been amazing creating

chances at will, Knockart has suddenly come alive since switching to a more attacking outlook creating chances and chipping in with a few goals as well from is inside forward role

on the right wing. Drinkwater has been consistant in the roaming playmaker role and King has been getting in the box and bagging a few important goals. The new full backs have

been consistant and the centre backs have also been consistant despite my high goals against

Good signings there with Peruzzi, Grealish and Fierro. You've also done well the the Odegaard business too :thup:

What sort of starting budget did you get? You seem to have spent a fair bit already, unless you've sold someone big?

I went to the board and asked for an increase to the wage budget which they granted. They increased the budget to 1.2m which i adjusted to my transfer budget, I've still got 10m for

January but my finances have been in the red but i've been making a profit each month and should be okay by the end of the month(dec). Going to try flog Vardy, Nugent and

Wasilewski who is unsettled and wants out.

Quick update on my game just at the end of Feb, Currently sitting 9th after playing the teams around me and winning most of them with the odd draw allowing me to jump from 13th upto 9th. Odegaard hasn't played for the first team yet as I haven't wanted to change a settled side but he will get his chance soon.

Player wise Seen more consistency from my centre half pairing of Holek and Moore, with Moore ousting big Wes. Although Morgan has been performing well when injury to

Cambiasso forced a reshuffle. Fierro has been Young player of the mounth or runner up every month so far but has just been ruled out for 5 weeks, Krejci has added goals to his game netting 9 so far for the season and Knockaert has found his feet bagging a few and collecting assists. Have found Drinkwater the hardest man to replace as the team doesn't quite

tick over the same.

Finished my first season a respectable 9th with a record of W:14 D:8 L:16 GF:74 GA:71. Ladislav Krejci was the star performer for me scoring 18 and 14 assists in the league he also

had the second best average rating in the division behind Eden Hazard. Knockaert managed 14 goals and 18 assists and Fierro scored 17 and layed on 7 assists. Andy King also chipped in with 9 goals from midfield quite a few of them important goals in tight games.

My intial budgets for the season are a transfer budget of 19m and a wage budget of 1.2m, which leaves me with plenty of room to adjust the budgets.

I have agreed a pre contract agreement with Frederick Sorenson from Juventus who will add competition at CB. Looking to get A back up LB and another keeper to give Kasper some

competition.

I have agreed a pre contract agreement with Frederick Sorenson from Juventus who will add competition at CB.

I snapped him up after the first season too on a free. Pretty solid player, but I've had to let him go now as Spurs offered £8m for him, which I couldn't turn down.

Good solid first season from you though :thup: Now you've got to try and avoid second-season-syndrome :p

Just starting my third season, and here is a list of the summer's transfer dealings:

140A6514308BDDB4150CE862B5CED294FD88099F

Spent big on Tielemans and Maguire, only for Tielemans to injure his cruciate ligaments in his second game, and therefore out for the season :( Only notable outgoings are Nugent on a free, Fontanini for £825k and Sorenson to Spurs for £8m.

I'm pleased with my transfer dealings all in all, 8 solid signings there I reckon. Hopefully we can get more than the 46 points we achieved in the previous 2 seasons :p

So my Leicester City career has come to an end :(

E8E4203BFD8E31FCA63378FF4D846437596AE8B9

The reason being because I didn't drop Richie De Laet :D Bizarre, never seen anything like that on FM before! Quite upset about that actually, I was just starting to turn things round in the league too :(

Archived