Have the tutoring conditions changed?

I've brought Heiko Westermann, as well as a couple of others, to my Liverpool squad as both backup and tutor but there seems to be a problem.

E.g. Why can't he tutor Flanagan? The option is absent from both of their screens but other tutors and tutees are available. Westermann is available as a tutor to others; Lloyd Jones for example and Skrtel can tutor Flanagan.

Westerman - age 30 - rotation - continental rep

Flannagan - age 21 - backup - national rep

Neither are injured nor is any preferred move training getting in the way.

Have I forgotten something?

Or has there been a change I've missed?

Hope you all can help. Cheers folks.

Ive also got some issues with the tutoring this year.

Im trying to tutor Thauvin at Olympique Marseille.

But i get the message that this player is already having a senior role within the team so therefore cannot be tutored.

Even when i change his squad status to youngster i get the same message.

But according to the requirements age, rep, position and squad status there would be at least 3 suitable tutors in my squad. (Barrada, Ayew and Payet)

Am i missing something?

(Imbula who is of the same age + plus rep doesnt have this problem.)

http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/squad/player-development/player-tutoring

the list is about half way down. squad status? maybe?

Thanks for the replies everyone. As far as I can tell Westermann fulfills all of the requirements to tutor Flanagan, including squad status.

Could this be a bug perhaps? Should I post it in the bug section?

Scaramanga, I also have a few players - Balanta, Moreno, Sterling, Coutinho - who already have a senior role within the team so therefore cannot be tutored. As this seems to be a new status (don't remember it from previous FMs) I just assumed they were so talented as to be somehow beyond tutoring. It just seems odd that Sterling/Coutinho can't be tutored by Gerrard.

@Mikelfc8

Depending on your transfers maybe sterling and moreno (both continental reputation) dont have a player playing in a similiar position with a higher rep?

Ive got this problem with Doria.

But Coutinho should be able to be tutored by Gerrard. And Balanta should probably also have a tutor available with a better rep.

I for one, would like to know if this is a bug or if there are other variables that come into play why some players cant be tutored withour obvious reasons.

Something is definitely screwy with tutoring and personalities in the current version [15.1.1].

I have a player (Frankie Artus) who can tutor on youngster in my team. If I release that youngster on a Free transfer, then the Training page says that Artus is too young to tutor (he is 25).

Also I have young players in my team (ages 22-23) who can't be tutored because the 'have a senior role in the team' (No idea what that might be), but one of my other 23 year olds can be tutored even though he is also in the senior team and have higher squad status than the others.

There are currently no negative personalities to be found anywhere. Anything that would have been a negative personality is shown as 'Balanced'. One of my players have AMB = 3 and LOY = 10 which should make him 'Unambitious'. He also has DET = 3 and AMB < 10 which would be 'Low Determination'. But as can be seen he is 'Balanced'.

Personality%20balanced.png

I did actually manage to find a 'Low Determination' personality in one save. It was a youth player generated at the beginning of the game, after I selected to fill out playable teams with players. When I looked him over in the editor, he did have DET = 3 and AMB = 7. But he also had PRO = 17, which should have made him 'Fairly Professional'.

It has been impossible for me to edit any player to have a negative personality.

I have the impression that player's characters play a much bigger role in tutoring now?

I had lots of answers "I have better use of my time" from potential tutors and lots of "I don't want to work closely with XY" from tutees.

Are these hidden messages that the conditions don't fit - or are they exactly what they say: That the players are unwilling to follow my suggestions, due to very personal reasons? (And btw, my coach had rather high stats in motivating, etc.).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, seems I must have missed something with Westermann - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...2-Tutoring-bug - but I still have some unanswered questions.

I have been asking about possible tutoring bugs in the bugs forum and got the following as part of the reply -

Players that can't be tutored due to them having a "senior role in the team"... don't need tutoring as they are already at a certain level of ability

Now, I find this very interesting. I was/am asking about players who have suitable tutors available and meet all of the understood crtieria for tutees -

Players share accomplished ability in a position

Tutor has higher rep

Tutor has at least equivalent squad status

Tutor is older than 23

Tutee is younger than 23

No PPM training for the tutor

I have encountered this problem with many players with status' varying from key player to rotation - Balanta, Moreno, Sterling, Coutinho, Lucas Romero, Jonathan Silva, Suso etc. - I could tutor Suso and Romero until their status' were upped to rotation but that should not, as I understand it, stop them from being tutored if there are still suitable tutors of a higher rep.

So what, in-game, is dertemining that "this player already has a senior role in the team and cannot be tutored"? Has rotation status become a bar to tutoring? As Cleon states above, nothing has changed regarding tutoring requirements, so can anybody explain what I am finding?

Thanks folks.

Well, I now know that rotation status is not the answer due to the following example -

Here is Divock Origi on 16 Nov 2015

Squad status - http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/mikem8634/media/DivockOrigi_OverviewProfile.png.html?sort=3&o=2

Training - http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/mikem8634/media/DivockOrigi_DevelopmentTraining-3.png.html?sort=3&o=3

Despite the lack of available tutors it is clear to see that he can be tutored at this point

and here he is on 11 Jan 2016

Squad status - http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/mikem8634/media/DivockOrigi_OverviewProfile-2.png.html?sort=3&o=0

Training - http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/mikem8634/media/DivockOrigi_DevelopmentTraining.png.html?sort=3&o=1

Now the training page states that he has a senior role in the team and cannot be tutored.

His squad status shows he is still 20, still a hot prospect and still has a continental rep, but he now wants a new contract due to becoming a first team-player.

He has played but his official status has not changed. So what has? His ability? His perception of himself?

And does it represent a new requirement for tutoring? Clearly something under the hood is determining whether or not he can be tutored and it does not seem to relate to the current criteria as I understand them.

Or, as is quite often the case, have I missed something?

Any ideas? Please help before I lose more hair.

I think its because he was a regular in the side, in just over a month you gave him 6 starts then the following month not as many, hence why now there isn't an important role message popping up. So he was classed as a first teamer rather than rotation even if he had that squad status. Maybe/just a thought.

It might be worth bringing it up in the bugs forum to see if thats the case though as I'm not aware of any public changes. So if the mechanics have changed then they've not told anyone....

I think its because he was a regular in the side, in just over a month you gave him 6 starts then the following month not as many, hence why now there isn't an important role message popping up. So he was classed as a first teamer rather than rotation even if he had that squad status. Maybe/just a thought.

It might be worth bringing it up in the bugs forum to see if thats the case though as I'm not aware of any public changes. So if the mechanics have changed then they've not told anyone....

You could be right there, I'll keep an eye on similar runs in the first team.

I'll also give it a go in the bug section. Hope I'm not driving them mad.

Thanks Cleon.

Archived