Player Interaction.

Playing my first save as Real Madrid. I get to around december. I have a fringe player that I planned to play a lot in my second 11 but with the sheer amount of injuries i have been unable to deploy my 2x 11 system.

The player in question is Nacho. He comes to me to complain about not playing and I told him I was prepared to give him some cup games. He was unhappy at this and said he wanted to play in the first team in the league?? WTF? He is a 1.5 star current with a 2 star potential (according to my coaching staff) How can he complain about this? He is lucky he is even fourth choice. Anyway he left angry.

Que the masses lining up to complain how I treated him.

World Club Cup rolls around. I am allowed 23 players. I decide to include Nacho at the expense of Pepe. BIG MISTAKE!!! Pepe comes knocking on my door crying that he didn't get picked. I explained that we were only allowed 23 players but he wasn't happy that some players got picked ahead of him *cough* Nacho *cough* he left wanting a transfer. I placed him on the transfer list.

Not even a week later and Sergio Ramos comes to me to ask if I would let him move to Chelsea as they are apparently interested. Oddly enough the only team remotely interested was Man City. His reasons stated was that he would become a more important player at Chelsea? What does this mean? His squad status was set at Key Player for me? I tried to talk him into staying but he wasn't having it and left with me saying I would be forced to sell him as he was determined he wanted to leave.

Que the masses lining up to complain how i treated Ramos.

2 days later.

Marcelo knocks on my door. He wants to leave for Juventus??? I told him I would make him a key player if he stayed and he agreed. I changed his status to key player and went to offer him a contract and he wanted 200k :confused: He was only on 60k. I decided to leave his contract for a couple of months in hope that the game would somehow reset back to reality and i could offer him a normal contract. His contract expires in 2015 so its risky.

A week later.

Marcelo comes back to the office and says he is going to leave on a bosman if I dont sell him. I offer him out for 30m and United sign him in Jan.

In Jan.

The masses are back. They are upset I sold Marcelo :confused: There was no option to say that he said if we didn't sell him he was leaving for free. They blamed me for the sell.

This all happened between Dec-Jan. How can this **** be realistic? Ramos wants to go to Chelsea and Marcelo to Juve? Pepe was a bit ****ed too. Nacho I could understand but seems overkill at the minute. Squad morale completely killed.

galacticos

To be fair it seems your team doesn't like you, or the way you handle things and want out.

Might be best to just get rid of the ego/problem players who's personalities don't suit your style and replace them.

In real life this happens to many teams.

If it was all happiness and players were perfectly content it would be 10x more boring.

I like that players get upset and want to leave, not only do you have to 'manage' them, but also avoid ones that don't suit you.

Plus it increases movement in the transfer market, which is never bad.

galacticos

To be fair it seems your team doesn't like you, or the way you handle things and want out.

Might be best to just get rid of the ego/problem players who's personalities don't suit your style and replace them.

In real life this happens to many teams.

If it was all happiness and players were perfectly content it would be 10x more boring.

I like that players get upset and want to leave, not only do you have to 'manage' them, but also avoid ones that don't suit you.

Plus it increases movement in the transfer market, which is never bad.

I see what you mean, but the system is a tad off as it is now.

At my Barcelona side, I sold a youngster from the U19 squad, called Traore. After doing so, most of the Main squad went loco on me for selling him. All players go nuts whenever I turn down their agents request for a better contract, which happens very often, after they've played a mediocre match. I turn them down, the players complains, I turn him away and the rest of the main squad gets in my face for treating him badly.

It is insanely difficult to manage your squads, as the only real solution is to accept all of their demands, and thus ruin the club.

I see what you mean, but the system is a tad off as it is now.

At my Barcelona side, I sold a youngster from the U19 squad, called Traore. After doing so, most of the Main squad went loco on me for selling him. All players go nuts whenever I turn down their agents request for a better contract, which happens very often, after they've played a mediocre match. I turn them down, the players complains, I turn him away and the rest of the main squad gets in my face for treating him badly.

It is insanely difficult to manage your squads, as the only real solution is to accept all of their demands, and thus ruin the club.

You've been on this forum long enough now to know you should report this in the bugs forum with a save from just before the sale goes through and the players "loco". :)

You've been on this forum long enough now to know you should report this in the bugs forum with a save from just before the sale goes through and the players "loco". :)

Ouch, way to comment on my age there ;)

I still havent seen any reaction from the Devs on my other report concerning commentary text during matches, but I'll get around to reporting this as well.

I'm old, so things take time ;)

You can always just ignore the demands and eventually if your form stays strong the players will drop their initial complaint. This happened to me at Chelsea with Hazard, Oscar, Ivanovic & Diego Costa. After we hit the semi-finals of the Champions League their concerns disappeared. So sometimes just wait the players out.

Ouch, way to comment on my age there ;)

I still havent seen any reaction from the Devs on my other report concerning commentary text during matches, but I'll get around to reporting this as well.

I'm old, so things take time ;)

Ha! I wasn't subtle enough then. ;)

The sale of Traore doesn't sound right, unless he was highly rated.

Agents are annoying and the Madrid players are divas, so it could be mimicking real life here, but if this is happening too often it may be an issue. I am sure SI will gladly take a look at your save though. :)

The Traore thing happened to me too, with that same player also.

It ended with Jordi Alba being upset and wanting to leave the club for 6 months, where his morale would not go over poor. Also, the sell wasnt accepted by me, another team (Ajax) gave him a contract which i wasnt informed, so i couldnt do anything.

What i was able to learn from it is how huge morale is now, i tend to have every player on at least good 90% of the time. Alba while on poor or very poor was my worst player by far, getting cards like he was a Gattuso type of player. Completely different player now that he is happy.

Archived