(FM15) Real Oviedo SAD - Apuntar alto!

Guest El Payaso

Guest El Payaso

129px-Real_Oviedo_logo.svg.png

BRIEF HISTORY:

Real Oviedo is a Spanish football club based in Oviedo, in the autonomous community of Asturias. Founded on 26 March 1926 as a result of the merger of two clubs who had maintained a large sporting rivalry for years in the city: Real Stadium Club Ovetense and Real Club Deportivo Oviedo. It currently plays in Segunda División B in Spain.

The club plays in blue shirts and white shorts in the Estadio Carlos Tartiere, which seats 30,500 spectators, opened on 30 September 2000, is the largest sports stadium in Asturias. In the all time league table for the Spanish top division, Oviedo rank in 17th place.

After being relegated two consecutive times, Real Oviedo suffered severe economic troubles, which, when coupled with a profound lack of institutional support from the city's government, resulted in the team's inability to pay its players. The club was then forced to drop all the way to the fourth division of Spanish football, for the 2003–04 season; at this point the team nearly folded but eventually recovered and regrouped, returning to level three in the following campaign.

Oviedo lasted two further campaigns before dropping down a level again. In another playoff against a Mallorca team – this time the reserves, the club returned again to the third division, after a penalty shootout; however, its survival remained at risk in the following years, due to continuing financial difficulties.

The financial dire straits continued into the 2012–13 season, when Oviedo called on supporters to buy shares in the club. A few footballers, notably Santi Cazorla, Juan Mata and michu who all started their careers there, offered their financial support in an attempt to save the club from bankruptcy – the club had until 17 November to raise €2 million in order to prevent closure.

On 17 November 2012 Carlos Slim, the richest man in the world, invested $2.5 million in the club, therefore gaining a controlling stake.

save-oviedo.png

Michu, Mata and Cazorla all share a history with Real Oviedo.

HONOURS:

Team

La Liga

Third place (3): 1934-35, 1935-36, 1962-63

Segunda División

Winners (5): 1932–33, 1951–52, 1957–58, 1971–72, 1974–75

Runners-up (3): 1931–32, 1954-55, 1955-56

Copa de la Liga (Segunda División)

Winners: 1984–85

Tercera División

Winners (4): 2003–04, 2004–05, 2007–08, 2008–09

FACILITIES:

HOME STADIUM: Carlos Tartiere

CAPACITY: 30 500

TRAINING FACILITIES: Impressive

CORPORATE FACILITIES: Adequate

YOUTH FACILITIES: Adequate

OWNER: Crupo Carso

CHAIRMAN: Jorge Menéndez Vallina

ASTURIAN DERBY:

sporting-gijon-logo514.png - 2d7es21.png

545ccec09a19c.jpg

THE FIRST TEAM:

544f8d1c8f8ec.jpg

GOALKEEPERS:

Esteban Andrés Suárez (GK)

Gorka Magunazelaia (GK)

VERDICT: ★★★★★

A great duo for this level. Both really up to it to play at Segunda and higher levels. Esteban though is closing the end of his career. Also keep on eye of Adán in your 'reserve' team Vetusta as he has quality to be a decent La Liga goalkeeper in the future.

DEFENDERS:

Dani Bautista (DL/WBL)

David Fernández (DC/DR)

Sergio (DC, DL)

Jonathan Vila (DC/DM)

Nacho López (DR-MR)

VERDICT: ★★★★

Experienced and quality set of defenders you have there. Downside is that you really don't have any promising youngsters or depth there. So it might be wise to pick up a promising defender or two in to the lineup. Vila is naturally the leader of your backline and is able to play at Adelante level, López surprisingly good at right side and Bautista still quality down left hand side but will need to be replaced in about season or two. Sergio and Fernández are quite equally good and both have the ability to play some kind of role in the Adelante once you get promoted.

MIDFIELD:

Franck Omgba (DM/MC)

David Generelo (DM/MC)

Jon Erice (DM/MC)

Sergio Garcia (MR/AMR/AML)

Héctor Font (AMC/MC)

Néstor Susaeta (MR/AMR/MC)

Josep Señé (AMC/MC)

Eneko (AML/ML)

Nothing wrong with this part of team either. You have loads of experience and one or two talented younger players. Especially Josep Señé is a player to keep a close eye on. Jon Erice and David Generelo will dominate the midfield for you and Señé or Font will provide the creativity. Down the flanks Susaeta doesn't look like much but he will score you 10-20 goals in Segunda. Omgba is quite promising but a bit of trouble maker IMO. Eneko will start at left and Garcia is a great rotation option or even a starter.

HYÖKKÄÄJÄT:

Diego Cervero (ST)

Miguel Linares (ST)

Borja Valle (ST)

Well here's the problem in positive aspect. Whether to play the club legend Diego and upset the other two there. Linares is quality and if you can get Valle tutored he's going to be too. For me it was and easy to pick up Diego and those other two are gone now. Keep on eye for Javi who is currently at Vetusta. He has the potential to be decent La Liga striker in the future. Cervero and Linares are both capable of scoring huge amounts and you could even set a two striker formation.

WHY OVIEDO:

- It isn't the hardest of challenges as you have a superior team for the Segunda level but you'll always fancy those chances to take that team back to the top.

- Big fan of tutoring and developing players? You have highly professional squad in your hands and you really don't even have to buy players to make the club progress.

- Great facilities generally for this level. Especially the stadium.

54628057152c7.jpg

Guest El Payaso

545e00c232da3.jpg

Here is where I am at the moment: my first season in Adelante. The first season was generally great untill I was hit by a bug at the end of the season and my team was sent to holiday just before the promotion play-offs. Well, couldn't really beat anyone with 70-80 percent of fitness so it was a hearbreak at the end of season.

The second season was even better and we were dominant in the Segunda. Cervero scored impressive 30 goals for me in Segunda and Susaeta had even better season; 20 goals and 20 assists from right midfielder's place. The final table looked like this.

5458f2fcf3996.jpg

And my team's stats were like this:

click

545a5b1d33b52.jpg

The promotion was once again tough, we had injuries and didn't play well. Hércules beat as, not deservedly but a win is a win... Meh, away goal means win.

545a432542e23.jpg

We did wake up in the second round and luckily beat Castilla. And a win over Murcia took us up:

545a43254a308.jpg

1403817007_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg

Esteban did retire though. :(

545a432551890.jpg

My current team and stats

Haven't really changed that much and that has been aim for this save game. Waiting the game to be patched at the moment though.

Guest El Payaso

5461daecadffa.jpg

Managed to extend our run in Copa del Rey. In first season as a Segunda team we were eliminated from the Cup against Espanyol but we did win the away game then:

5450b519ea516.jpg

At the end of year 2016 we are sitting top of the Adelante:

5461daeccb438.jpg

Nobody else playing with Oviedo? :(

Guest El Payaso

What tactics do you use?

And what budgets do you get?

I've played with 4-4-1-1 so far with fluid philosophy but I will have to change it a little bit as after the hot fix it hasn't worked too well to be honest. I've tried to base my success on strong defensive minded midfield but they really don't do the job for me and win the ball at any point during build-ups so I will have to abandon that idea now...

In my third season I'm going with £325k for transfers and maybe like £62k per week for wages. I'll check those at the start of the game soon...

E: £46k per week at the start.

Guest El Payaso

54649128820e6.jpg

We're up to La Liga. Absolutely brilliant season in the Adelante, was never expecting us to get promoted. I'm not gonna go crazy and start buying huge amounts of players now. I'm relying on these guys and maybe bring something like 4-5 new players as Generelo, Eneko and Bautista are now out of the team. I need a second goalkeeper that can play in La Liga, two full backs, maybe a left midfielder that can defend and one centre back or striker... Five is the absolute maximum I'm going to bring in.

Maybe start with these in BBVA: Magunazelaia - Rico - Vila - Chico - (new player) - Jairo - Médran - Ruiz de Gallarreta - Susaeta - Señé - Cervero

54649128ba55d.jpg

My team of the year was like that and the player stats looked like this

54649128b2e9d.jpg

Diego once again player of the season.

My initial budgets are like this:

54649128c66f0.jpg

Currently spending something like ~£65k per week so I'm going to have easy time in strenghtening my squad.

Might just wait for an update for the ME as I know that they are going to walk through my midfield in La Liga... :D

Guest El Payaso
Are you still using the 4411 like you mentioned above? Or something else? Post us your tactic please.
Yeah. Just made two minor tweaks after the hot fix and it worked well again.

GK: SK (defend)

DL: WB (A)

DCL: CB (D)

DCR: BPD (D)

DR: FB (auto)

ML: WGR (S)

MCL: MC (D)

MCR: DLP (S)

MR: WM (A)

AM: AM (A)

ST: DLF (S)

Those were the roles if I remember it right. The system is fluid and team instructions vary a lot.

Guest El Payaso

What about transfers in season 1 and 2? Look for frees and loans or current squad good enough?

Tried to keep them as minimum as possible. I have set myself a rule that allows me to buy 4 players per season and this number is combined like this: players in minus players out < 4.

Most of the players are still the same but I've been forced to do more business than I was going to. In the second season I lost two defenders through injuries for rest of the season so I had to get two replacements for them. Most of the players you have at the start are easily up to it the Adelante and some of them even at La Liga level so you really don't have to buy too many if you don't like to.

Guest El Payaso

54686ea8b8ee5.jpg

Really good transfer window for my first season in La Liga. We're predicted to finish 15th which could be quite spot on I think. We're going to have a tough start though:

54687ead73318.jpg

Got hammered by Real in pre-season (assistant took care of that game). But now we're looking to fight back.

My starting players for the season:

Suárez, GK

Rafa, DL

Chico, CB

Jonathan Vila, CB

Markel Etxeberria, DR

Álvaro Medrán, MC

Íñigo Ruiz de Galarreta, MC

Fede Vico, ML

Señé, AMC

Néstor Susaeta, MR

And of course:

Diego Cervero, ST

It's hard to say how good we are but I think that we're able to stay up.

Guest El Payaso
This is definitely a team I'm looking to play as. What are your team instructions like El Payaso?
I'm not sure yet. :D In previous seasons I played with short passes and slower tempo and other instructions varied a lot. Now I'm looking to play with a higher tempo and close down more as that got me better results in bigger games last season and in this season every game is a big game for us.

I'm not sure yet. :D In previous seasons I played with short passes and slower tempo and other instructions varied a lot. Now I'm looking to play with a higher tempo and close down more as that got me better results in bigger games last season and in this season every game is a big game for us.

Any recommended players first couple of seasons or not really?

Guest El Payaso
Any recommended players first couple of seasons or not really?
You're meaning signings, right? Like I've mentioned: IMO there's no real need to buy any players. I have had decent youth intakes and it's more than likely to happen for you also. :) Maybe after season one you could bring in Iago Bouzín (CB with spirited personality) and use him as rotation option in defence and for tutoring if you have a good prospect in youth team.

You're meaning signings, right? Like I've mentioned: IMO there's no real need to buy any players. I have had decent youth intakes and it's more than likely to happen for you also. :) Maybe after season one you could bring in Iago Bouzín (CB with spirited personality) and use him as rotation option in defence and for tutoring if you have a good prospect in youth team.

Thanks for the help :) yeah I am pretty content with the squad first season, won't need to make any signings it looks like a strong enough squad.

Guest El Payaso

546ba0aa71f97.jpg

This isn't going well at all. Constantly conceding cheap goals from flanks and corners and aftermaths of corners as my defenders simply are so slow at reacting and making stupid mistakes all day long. :( Easily the worst defensive record so far.

Diego isn't good enough for this level apparently. Only two goals in La Liga but he is my main man and won't be buying anyone to replace him. We have too fantastic youngsters coming from U-19s in a few years. (too good if I'm honest... Physical freaks.)

Néstor Susaeta netted a hat-trick against Deportivo btw.

Guest El Payaso

547305fb9bd71.jpg

Currently doing just fine and only the defending is really bad currently. Looks like that we will be able to fight for that European spot until the bitter end.

547305fbaa7ef.jpg

Diego has been good once again. :) And Susaeta also has 9 goals in La Liga I think.

547305fbaf64a.jpg

Next month will be crucial.

Guest El Payaso

5475f5194d2e2.jpg

We managed to get a great month in march but it didn't help as we were beaten by Levante and Atlético at the start of april. Really good season generally even though we were quite close to that place in UCL.

5475f5195e408.jpg

Diego and Néstor were great once again and I can't believe the blindness of Del Bosque as he didn't include the duo to the world cup squad. :D

54762dff5e02b.jpg

Good budgets for next season I think. Two or three of my first team players will be leaving in the summer so I need to buy maybe 3-4 new players. Too many yes but can't cope with minimum squad as we're also in Europe next season.

I had huge trouble playing against Real Madrid, Atlético and Barcelona. Has anyone got any tactical tips to that as they just seem to super dribble against me and there seems to be no way stopping them and my team seems to be afraid of playing in these games? Otherwise we were able to challenge all the teams in the league both home and away.

Guest El Payaso

547b1673313c6.jpg

The start for second season in La Liga has been even better than the first one. Brought in more players than I was predicting at the end of last season: four new signing as I got Bicho, Carles Planas, Jorge and this generated one called Aurelio Escribano. Once again it paid off to look through the scouts' reports properly as this kid was in the last one. Wasn't even looking to sign a new midfielder but spotted that Arsenal, Chelsea and City were interested so I places a bid for him immediately and (sadly) no-one challenged me.

Got beaten by Barcelona at Camp Nou and it was really unenjoyable match to watch, already told about that in the feedback. After that we've had tight matches that we've been able to win regularly. Néstor Susaeta is in absolute beast mode once again... I don't know why this guy is so good but he certainly is. 16 goals in La Liga last season and might get 20 in this one if he keeps going.

5477845a63de5.jpg

I got a really tough group in Europe but looking to get that second place at least as we did beat St Etienne at home 4-1. Haven't really been playing for couple of days as I really don't like the engine generally: especially in these European ties it is too open up and I don't enjoy that kind of matches. :(

Also I'm losing a bit of passion for this save game as the players I had at the start of the game are aging and leaving the club: only have Susaeta, Señé and Cervero in my first eleven and Magunazelaia, García, Vila, Javi and Erice are in the rotation.

My starting eleven at the moment is:

José Aurelio Suárez, GK

Rafa, LB

Chico, CB

Alberto Carbonell, CB

Markel Etxeberria, RB

Fede Vico, LM

Álvaro Medrán, CM

Íñigo Ruiz de Galarreta, CM

Néstor Susaeta, RM

Josep Señé, AM

Diego Cervero, ST

Only Spanish and Portuguese allowed and new signings minus gone first team players is less than five. Esteban, Generelo and Bautista have retired at the club from the starting players and some others gone as they don't like being backups for me. :( Nacho López left in the summer and Gorka will go next summer as his contract runs out.

E: And of course: only buying players that are found by the scouting team.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest El Payaso

548feb2f8cf99.jpg

Some progress has been made. Atlético are now going through a tough spell as they haven't won in last 5 games in La Liga. Betis are in great form though. We only need to take that final step and be able to properly challenge these three big sides in games against them and we will be able to fight for the title in future. It's still early days but I've been scouting for a new centre back for a while as the defense is where we need to invest.

548feb2f80f05.jpg

We finally have a chance to achieve something in terms of trophies this season. Would love to win this for Cervero and Susaeta as this might be their last season. And it has been a season to be proud of for Néstor:

548feb2f9453f.jpg

548feb2f8820e.jpg

We're also still in the Europa league after knocking out Inter in the first round. The combined score was 4-4 and we won by away goals.

54898c2f05659.jpg

Our group was really exciting from the beginning and we managed to win it. Beat St Etienne twice, won Steaua at home and drew away, against Benfica we lost away and drew home. Benfica managed to knock themselves out by losing twice against St Etienne.

My current starting lineup is 4-4-1-1: Herrero (£90k from Real Madrid), Rafa - Jorge - Chico - Etxeberria, Vico - Joaquín (£1,9M from Alméria) - Ruiz de Galarreta - Susaeta - Señé, Asensio (generated player from our own youth intake)

I got rid of Magunazelaia who moved to Mallorca and Álvaro Tierno moved to Dinamo Bucarest. Both of them were whining about lack of games and never really wanted to be rotation options. I'm generally happy with the squad but like I said: bringing one centre back in summer and maybe finally replacements for Cervero and Susaeta if they retire.

Joaquín

Herrero

Joaquín will be the backbone of my team in the future. He's been touted as the new Busquets. Scouted this guy maybe for a year and when Chico got injured I decided to make the move as he is able to play as central defender also.

Herrero walked into our first keeper's slot and was fully occupied against Inter. Scored one own goal but generally he was the one that won us the place in the second round.

Guest El Payaso

The best generated ones for me so far:

Enric - Came through my own youth setup. Potential to be a good La Liga midfielder. I've trained him to be more of a winger type now as I'm looking for him to step to that Susaeta role on right hand side. Injury prone.

Salvador - One of our owns also. Even better than Asensio. Could be a star La Liga striker in the future. He's already model-professional and will be ready to play in La Liga next season. Took him just over minute to score in his debute.

Constantino Asensio - From our own youth system also. He's been my secret weapon in Europe this season and also scoring well in La Liga. Model professional of course but doesn't seem to improve well anymore. I've tried to make him more of that Cervero-type of forward but nothing actually is happening. Maybe trained his physical presence a bit too much in early days...

Aurelio Escribano - Took me just over £3M to get him from Getafe. He was chased by big teams but we were the only one who offered. A bit of Ramires type of player but I've been working to make him more versatile midfielder and he has improved decently in the first season here. Resolute personality.

Guest El Payaso

54953d3c97cc1.jpg

There it is we're in the Champions league next season

54953d3c86c9d.jpg

It took us long to secure that third place and Real Madrid took their third consecutive La Liga trophy in final round.

We managed to win Copa del Rey by beating tired Atlético in the final 5-0.

The next step will be huge task to take as we're still operating with fourth least wages in the league.

54953d3c9f2bd.jpg

Ronaldo and Messi are still class.

Our stats

• 2 weeks later...
Guest El Payaso
Absolutely brilliant season :eek:
It sure was. Shame though my board went crazy in the summer:

549fd9d0d25b1.jpg

Never going to reach that I think. I think that we took a bit of a leap in the reputation and now they expect something impossible. I'm going to try it and I'm quite happy what we managed to do in the summer:

549fd9d0b5002.jpg

549feb3447074.jpg

549feb347570f.jpg

549febc868175.jpg

Gayá was basically the only one that was my first choice. Really made a bad mistake a year ago when I bought Carles Planas instead of Gayá, would have got him for £1.3M back then but didn't scout him properly before that Planas transfer. No surprise that Gayá revealed to be a huge talent. Anyway, we've got him now.

Quintillá is a great addition to my tactic and will be playing as a centre back.

Traoré was maybe my fourth choice but couldn't get any of those other three and thought that it is time to save the poor guy from Barcelona. He's a fantastic individual but didn't want him because my scouts all think that he won't fit in. (One of my silly objectives is to create a really close knitted bunch of players and I currently have a highly professional squad. Couple of model professionals and almost all of my players have at least 'fairly professional' personality. Can't take anyone in to the team.)

549fecd67a771.jpg

Atlético went to win the Europa league so we must qualify to the group stage.

549fec9978031.jpg

549febc859762.jpg

Diego and Néstor still are my biggest stars. Jon Erice and Javi were the next ones to join the ones who have left the team of the players we had at the beginning.

We still have: Adán, Sergio García, Josep Señé, Néstor Susaeta and Diego Cervero.

54982e685b171.jpg

54982e6875ec9.jpg

Jonathan Vila retired.

Guest El Payaso

54a31f1bf158f.jpg

Quite happy with that. Especially at home we can challenge anyone because we have a higher reputation now. Managed to beat Real Madrid in the Spanish super cup 4-3 on aggregate. They had 38 shots in their home game but we managed somehow prevent them from scoring untill Rodríguez scored a penalty. Cervero scored our goal in fifth minute.

I think that this will be the last season for me. I'm losing the motivation slowly and that aim to challenge for the title will be too much for us.

54a31f1be9f7a.jpg

Atlético and Barca have started their season quite well and already putting pressure on us.

54a31f1bd8ee8.jpg

Crazy september!

Guest El Payaso

54a3d3097a33a.jpg

Still unbeaten after crazy september. Also the only unbeaten team in the La Liga. Players like Bicho, Chico, Cervero and Quintillá are really stepping up when needed. I think that my 4-4-1-1 is becoming too passive tactic for team with our reputation but I don't mind as long as I am able to turn these games into victories by tweaking it during the games.

54a3d309903a0.jpg

54a3d30997926.jpg

AS we were able to beat Real Madrid for the first time in Super Cup. Wouldn't it be the time to do the same for Barcelona...

Guest El Payaso

5470903d8ab67.jpg

54a3fd5f8ad41.jpg

54a45d7f9d1d4.jpg

54a45c6a15d72.jpg

Oh come on! Drop the points already! It's really unusual to see the big four play this well at the start of the season. Easily our best defensive record in the La Liga so far and that is keeping us in the battle for the title which the board wants. Highlight of the season so far has been that dominant performance in the Asturian derby.

54a3fd5f996c4.jpg

Our board also realised that they will need to invest some money to win something. We're still using the fifth least money on wages and most of my players really aren't match for Atlético, Barca and Real Madrid. It's quite clear that we're not going to be able to score the amounts the big three do but we're currently winning those close match ups with good percentage.

Didn't manage to beat Barcelona by the way as Jonathan Silva scored from the only proper chance of the game to give Barca a 0-1 victory.

The 4-4-1-1 isn't functioning too well anymore and for example Fede Vico has been quite far from that what he was in last season. Also Adama Traoré has been quite poor after the good start but I'm hoping that the whole attacking play will once again rise when we actually do need it.

54a3fd5fa8234.jpg

I'm going to prioritise here and give up on Copa del Rey.

54a45f5de3ff0.jpg

We're through to the knock out stages.

54a3ffed26fc5.jpg

Nearly there...

Guest El Payaso

54a68af7bcd7e.jpg

54a68af7e3d5a.jpg

54a68ec047487.jpg

54a68ec04e9e9.jpg

I wanted to go out and played a bit rotated side. They performed really well though.

54a7f7f2932bd.jpg

January takes us finally top of the table and we're looking solid currently even though our strikers have stopped scoring.

54a7f7f2a1c53.jpg

There's a huge difference between how we now perform against the big teams as we're growing bigger all the time.

54a7f7f2adf5f.jpg

This was a bit funny as our last outing in December ended like this:

54a68af7cde23.jpg

54a68af7d5259.jpg

Didn't laugh back then though... 80 minutes of dominating and two penalties as they pinned us back with overloading.

54a68af7eb2fd.jpg

Champions league takes us to German champions Leverkusen. We're not afraid of anyone though so looking to go through.

54a7f7f2cb32c.jpg

Guest El Payaso

5470903d8ab67.jpg

54abb845c456d.jpg

Got knocked out of the Champions league final by Barcelona.

54abe7b26a8d8.jpg

54abe7b2632b6.jpg

Last round of the La Liga was quite intense. We managed to hold our place at the top and Oviedo are the Champions of Spain!

Round 37 wasn't that easy for use either:

54abe7b254959.jpg

54abe7b271e4e.jpg

Lost twice to Barcelona in the league and also in Champions league but generally I feel that we deserved this.

Guest El Payaso
Brilliant stuff there, El Payaso!
Cheers. :) That was it with this save game, decided to retire. I think that this was my single nicest save game in history of FM even though my board demanded too much too early. We played some fantastic games in this last season and that ending was something I would never have expected... Had never won in Bernabeu before and Joaquín just decided to carry the whole team with two screamers.

54ac1f0b8abeb.jpg

Goalkeepers played both well. Can't complain. At the beginning of the season I thought that Herrero would be the main man but Suárez challenged him very well.

54ac1f0baf5bd.jpg

Much better defensive record guaranteed our success. Xavi Quintillá was much better than I expected, the full-back took his place as centre back and even lead Chico to another fantastic season after a bit of declining in previous one. Had to play Planas lot down the right side and he played really well and even scored his only goal for the club against Barcelona in CL semis.

54ac1f0bb9215.jpg

Joaquín grew so much in this season and he was a true great for us. So many important goals and kept many good players in his pocket with his physical presence. Escribano won his first cap with Spain and Bicho took a great jump in his performances. Traoré saved the season for us with all important goals. Susaeta started to decline a bit and lost his place at the age of 35.

54ac1f0bc2d36.jpg

Diego Cervero at the age of 36 was once again quality especially in first half of the season. Salvador and Asensio are both from our own intakes and Salvador proved to me that he could lead the line in future by scoring goals regularly at the end of the season.

Guest El Payaso

SEASON REVIEW 2020/2021

PLAYERS IN | PLAYERS OUT

It was a goodbye for Sergio Egea who was replaced by Zinédine Zidane. Summer transfer window also said goodbyes for Oviedo's own youngsters Constantino Asensio and Enric who had been rotation options for Oviedo in last two seasons. In january we also lost Josep Señé who wasn't happy with his new rotation role in the team. Xavi Quintillá was the biggest loss as this centre back was possibly the best player in the team that won La Liga last season.

Many players came in to the team as I wanted to try a bit of a new philosophy. Instead of pressing hard and being dirty side we wanted to play football full of skill and creativity.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYI61HLKtse5Vd60CL1wB9GQzdZWcVBVFRZXXZt03sBM2hb1juOg

54bbd03f3b5d5.jpg

Unbeaten season was something that no-one was expecting from us. In the first part of the season we only dropped points two times and won our main rivals. The second part wasn't that good and we dropped points six times with draws. The main achievement was that we did beat Real Madrid, Atlético and Athletic twice. Also took our first ever victory against Barcelona at home and drew at Nou Camp. Generally it was truly a season to remember for our fans.

copa-del-rey-logo.png

54bbd17a7a994.jpg

Copa del was a competition that I wanted to win with our own youth and we almost managed to get to semifinals. Córdoba was highly clinical in both legs and we eventually lost on penalties which was a bit of shame. We would have faced Barcelona in semis so it wasn't really big deal for us to fall.

170px-UEFA_CL_Logo.png

54bbd3dacc104.jpg

Group A was the toughest one and we managed to win it clearly. A bit unfortunate to drop points twice but generally an easy run for us.

54bbd3dad4476.jpg

Barcelona has been tough for us and so they were this time also. Last season we lost to them in semis and now in quarter finals. Against juventus we played really well in the away game and poorly at home where I wanted to see whether we can just sit deep and let the game time pass, certainly couldn't do that.

Against Barcelona the teams played 135 minutes without a goal but in the second half of the second leg our defending was awful and they walked over us with short simple passes. Chelsea won the competition by winning Barcelona in the final with penalties.

54bbd785d136d.jpg

Team's stats. Played my own youngsters quite a bit.

Guest El Payaso

PLAYERS IN | PLAYERS OUT

54bf995b5a095.jpg

54bf995b6e4a1.jpg

54bf995b64874.jpg

54bf995b784fa.jpg

New signings in summer 2021. We lost Carles Planas, Rafa, Ruiz de Galarreta, Fede Vico and Néstor Susaeta during the summer window which left our defense a bit narrow but that's okay. I am able to play players like Joaquín there if needed.

SupercopadeEspantildea_zps12a90e84.png

54bf9b2ad7892.jpg

Wasn't too interested to win the Supercopa and we were missing some of the better players in the first leg.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYI61HLKtse5Vd60CL1wB9GQzdZWcVBVFRZXXZt03sBM2hb1juOg

54bf9b2aab935.jpg

It took us 59 games to finally lose in La Liga. Barcelona have been the team that I haven't been able to conquer during this career. Players like Deulofeu and Neymar are just making fun of my full backs time and time again or they walk through the middle. Otherwise it has been perfect for us. Good performances against those Madrid sides but generally we have played better in previous seasons. A bit of defensive worries because of injuries but yeah 8 points gap for us.

54bf9b2ab4def.jpg

copa-del-rey-logo.png

54bf9b2ade99f.jpg

Didn't want to lose to our rivals but will be out in next round I think.

170px-UEFA_CL_Logo.png

54bf9b2ac6f7b.jpg

UCL is a trophy that we're still missing and that is the only major thing for us to win. Once again we won the group which was tough.

54bf9b2acec18.jpg

54bf9f090de8e.jpg

54bf9f091a221.jpg

54bf9f0922e6e.jpg

@El Payaso

Great stuff. Reckon you need some company though!! Always been a fan of Oviedo. I wanted to try them last FM after Carlos Slim's conglomerate took over. Also I have actually been to the stadium, one of my local teams(Murcia) are in their division.

Don't forget that English legend Stan Collymore turned out thrice for the club in 2001 ;)

May very well join you on this road

Guest El Payaso

May very well join you on this road

You're more than welcome to this thread. It would be really interesting to see how differently things go to other managers. For me: I've taken the club nearly as far as it can go. Best possible facilities, great yearly intakes of young players and looking to become the Spanish champion three times in a row. I think that I've played with Oviedo since FM 2012. Usually only play one or two save games in a version and this certainly has been it for me. Started the save game first day the beta was released and still going strong.

I'm moving to Portugal in next month IRL and I've been thinking that it would be nice to pay a visit to Spain also at some point and the trip wouldn't even be that long...

Archived