Injuries? Yes, fix needed

I don't understand why you guys keep closing every thread about injuries, just for you guys to see, I only played 20min of this game and I got this amount of injuries:

http://gyazo.com/33976a2736ac3f731bba382090a73a85

It's impossible to keep playing a season with so many injuries, and I didn't even started...

Only played one game against 21y Squad and so far so good, suddenly every time I click Continue I got one more injury.

On another save with Liverpool I had 10 injuries, 3 only in one game.

Please don't keep closing threads and erasing post's about this, it's a real problem and I hope it get fixed...

Cheers

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

There's no injury bug in game, the levels in game are if anything, slightly low compared to real life.

Things which increase injuries in game:

High training intensity

Non-match fit players playing matches

High intensity tactics

Injury prone players

Bad luck

If you see the Premier league injury table, you can see they're quite high - http://www.physioroom.com/news/engli...jury_table.php

Already this season, Man Utd have had 35 injuries and we're not even in December yet.

I don't understand why you guys keep closing every thread about injuries, just for you guys to see, I only played 20min of this game and I got this amount of injuries:

http://gyazo.com/33976a2736ac3f731bba382090a73a85

There is nothing wrong with that picture, that amount of injuries is totally normal for a team!

That's not the case, I only played like 3 days in-game (20 minutes maybe), and already had so many injuries..

How's that possible?

You may have to play a bit longer to get a better feeling just how the injuries play out, it really could just be bad luck.

I am playing lower league and had 2 midfielders go out injured for a couple of months, I signed a new midfielder for a lot of money for me, of course you get the message saying "So and so team signed so and so player" right above that message was a message telling me that the player I had just signed was now out injured for 2 months, sometimes you just have to have a laugh and move on, I just see it as bad luck, I also focus when I have none of my first 11 injured and that is also quite long, people tend not to focus on that though, they only focus on when it goes bad.

I guess the question should be, what are the injuries you are receiving? How is your training managed, how many games have they played? what tactic are you using, high press high close down etc. etc. As stated Man Utd have had 35 injuries thus far and its only November. I do not have many injuries at all. maybe two/three sometimes four on a bad streak but that happens.

Can't see an issue. If anything, this is the first realistic FM in a long while. Played a couple of holiday seasons and injuries are consistent with the niggles of real life.

I'm seeing more minor niggles and can clearly see a correlation to fitness, natural fitness and injury proness reports from scouts.

There were never enough injuries before so I'm happy to see more than there ever was.

Looking at Premier League stats you should always have between 3-9 players in your 25 man squad on the physio table and unavailable. And sometimes 11 and other times only 1-2.

If that's too many for anyone then it's not realistic is it?

I picked up 13 injuries in 1 week, WTF, 12 to the senior players and 1 to my wonder kid, after 5 injuries i put the training on light and picked up 7 more, gave them 2 days off and picked up 1 on a day off. WTF. I've gone back to FM14 already because of this.

Are they actually going to fix it, the only other option I have is every time I get an injury, is remove it with the in-game editor. Takes away the fun.

I picked up 13 injuries in 1 week, WTF, 12 to the senior players and 1 to my wonder kid, after 5 injuries i put the training on light and picked up 7 more, gave them 2 days off and picked up 1 on a day off. WTF. I've gone back to FM14 already because of this.

Are they actually going to fix it, the only other option I have is every time I get an injury, is remove it with the in-game editor. Takes away the fun.

Make that 14, with still half a day left.

When i first started my game i got 14 injuries, 8 of them new after the game started. The reason for this is I gave my assistant the responsibillity for the preseason training. He set the physical training at very hard. This is what caused all the injuries, not a injury bug. When i took over training again, and reduced the amount of training the injuries stopped.

Funny how I have never had this mysterious problem with injuries that some people seems to have. In the beginning of the save there might be a couple of extra injuries due to the low match fitness and low amount and/or bad quality of physios. Some people suggest only having one physio, which from my experience leads to plenty of injuries. Having that 3-4 physios makes a huge difference compared to 1-2 for example. Once you have more physios you can increase the training load. I always buy as many physios as possible although extra physios beyond a certain point will only have a very minimal effect. They are so cheap to have anyway.

Dear Developers,

I respect that injuries happen in the game and that sometimes teams are inundated with injuries. However, whether or not the SI team feel there's no longer any injury bugs in the game is completely irrelevant. I am seeing continuous feedback from literally hundreds of topics about the Injury concern.

The reddit FM forum is full of complainees alone.

At what point does SI acknowledge that they should go back to the drawing board and triple check that there is of course no injury bug? ;-)

However, whether or not the SI team feel there's no longer any injury bugs in the game is completely irrelevant.

Who would fix this so called 'bug'? SI, yes? Therefore I would say that what they feel is highly relevant!

If they don't feel there is an injury issue (and, judging by the evidence in this thread so far, there ISN'T one), there is nothing to fix.

A lot of things people class as 'bugs' are not, usually they are a combination of things that the user has done.

Physio Room suggests an average of over 4 injuries per team in the Premier League at the moment. Therefore I wouldn't suggest that the 6 that the OP is talking about is excessive in any way.

Dear Developers,

I respect that injuries happen in the game and that sometimes teams are inundated with injuries. However, whether or not the SI team feel there's no longer any injury bugs in the game is completely irrelevant. I am seeing continuous feedback from literally hundreds of topics about the Injury concern.

The reddit FM forum is full of complainees alone.

At what point does SI acknowledge that they should go back to the drawing board and triple check that there is of course no injury bug? ;-)

Actually it is completely relevant. The amount of testing they do re injuries is extensive both quantitatively and qualitatively. And year on year its under the levels of real life. It's something they test every year.

For all this feedback, no one is actually putting forward their save in the bugs thread. So what exactly, should they change?

Look at Man Utd again, 35 injuries, started the season with 11 players out, this weekend played with two midfielders and two teenagers as their backline as every senior defender barring one was injured, and that one was suspended.

Or Arsenal, consistently traverse their seasons with many key players injured.

Sometimes things go bad, sometimes teams and players are unlucky.

If anything, FM is less realistic in that things don't go as bad as they can in real life(for a very good reason, of course), with bans for tweets, bites, assaults and any number of personal injuries and deaths.

Look at Man Utd again, 35 injuries, started the season with 11 players out, this weekend played with two midfielders and two teenagers as their backline as every senior defender barring one was injured, and that one was suspended.

Or Arsenal, consistently traverse their seasons with many key players injured.

Sometimes things go bad, sometimes teams and players are unlucky.

If anything, FM is less realistic in that things don't go as bad as they can in real life(for a very good reason, of course), with bans for tweets, bites, assaults and any number of personal injuries and deaths.

Thing is, Devs are quite happy to look at the saves of someone who says they are experiencing really high injuries. But no one has uploaded a save.

Thing is, Devs are quite happy to look at the saves of someone who says they are experiencing really high injuries. But no one has uploaded a save.

In FM14 and 2700 hours, I've only ever seen one squad with a notably serious level of injuries, and it was crushing them in the league. Not quite that much time on 15 but I've yet to see any club barring the crisis challenge with a real level of injuries.

FM and OOTP are the few games that have injuries right. kudos

Unlike say FIFA, last few of them, if you made your subs early, your players became injury proof.

I have to agree somewhat with the injury bug. Its not the amount of injuries but the severity of them. In fact in my last 3 games I have had to substitute 2 players in the first 20 mins of the game, and then had 2 more take knocks but able to carry on later in the game. My tactics are controlled possession with no specific closing down instructions. My training is all on average/medium. I have 5 physios with at least 16 rating. I only start players who are at least 94% match fit and condition

I have noticed that although the match report says the injuries were caused by collisions, the physio report after the match is telling me they pulled up while running and are hamstring injuries???!

Its almost like the game knows how many injuries a team should have and is too quick to injure players to meet the percentage.

Most of my injuries seem to happen in game and within quick succession of each other. Most of the time when the game is finished they wont even be injured. I've had games where all my subs were used up for injuries, this has happened multiple times.

I am sorry, I don't buy the "there is no problem" feedback. Clearly with the amount of people suggesting there is there is a good chance there is a problem. I am going to try a fresh new install and start a new save and see if anything is different. Having tried with a couple of different teams in completely different leagues the problem seems pretty evident to me. There is an injury every single game, at least one and generally one that requires the player to be subbed. That is not normal or realistic. After a few games there can easily be 50% of the 1st team carrying an injury. It's like the yellow cards and red cards, too many but I guess that is for another thread.

If the same happens again with the injuries I'm happy to upload my save and see if it's just me as the game is becoming very boring very quickly.

I always give players a days rest after matches through the training screen, I use average intensity training during the course of the season if there are games every two-three days I rotate and give players a rest from training to generally keep them above 90% condition and generally come the 60th minute in games I will sub off anyone who has deteriorated quite badly. Couple that with a low tempo, standing off game and I see hardly any injuries, in truth I don't see as many injuries as I should do. I rarely have more than 1 or 2 players injured - it can be very easy to manage your squads fitness if you go about it carefully.

I always give players a days rest after matches through the training screen, I use average intensity training during the course of the season if there are games every two-three days I rotate and give players a rest from training to generally keep them above 90% condition and generally come the 60th minute in games I will sub off anyone who has deteriorated quite badly. Couple that with a low tempo, standing off game and I see hardly any injuries, in truth I don't see as many injuries as I should do. I rarely have more than 1 or 2 players injured - it can be very easy to manage your squads fitness if you go about it carefully.

Yet people claim there is an injury every game. Its clearly their doing.

100% this.

I actually like the increased level of injuries. With Chelsea I had Zouma, JT, Drogba, Oscar and Costa all out for 2 months+ and it forces you to use your squad. In FM14 every year I had a squad of 25 or so and 5 of those players weren't really necessary as I only had maybe 1 major injury per season. I see no problem with the increased frequency whatsoever

THIS.

There's a lot of people feedbacking the same thing.

Co - incidence I think not.

I agree, it isn't a coincidence. They're giving feedback on what's happening in their game and I believe they are suffering from many injuries.

The important point is, it's not a bug. They need to look at the points Neil listed and try to improve their management. :)

I disagree entirely with the OP. Injuries seem perfectly fine, and if anything there are too few. I've started 4 new saves so far since the start of the beta and occasionally there will be an influx of injuries, but once they clear up all is well again. It's no where near as bad as the injury crisis United or Arsenal face in real life this season

Perhaps the problem is that there's been quite a change to the way the game handles injuries and it has not been communicated to the regular players, nor something put in place to guide them through how to manage their players now?

In previous FMs you could just pick up the game and play it. It sounds like now you have to manage the fitness schedule or you will fail.

Perhaps the problem is that there's been quite a change to the way the game handles injuries and it has not been communicated to the regular players, nor something put in place to guide them through how to manage their players now?

In previous FMs you could just pick up the game and play it. It sounds like now you have to manage the fitness schedule or you will fail.

Absolute tosh, please don't sit there just dreaming up things :) and it's always been the case that if you don't manage training properly you risk suffering for it.

My point about SI saying their is no bug to fix being irrelevant means how about listening to the user's feedback and asking for some evidence to support this? There may just be an injury bug..

Or not :-)

THIS.

There's a lot of people feedbacking the same thing.

Co - incidence I think not.

Millions of people believing in something that is flat out wrong, doesn't make that thing any more correct.

SI - who make the game, who have access to the code, and who can run large-scale soak tests on this subject, say there is no problem, and that the level of injuries is actually lower than real life. What more do you need?

In my 8 months playing as Bolton, I've had 1 long term injury and a few short term ones over that period. I have noticed however that a lot of my players pick up knocks during a game but then haven't sustained an injury when the game finishes.

Absolute tosh, please don't sit there just dreaming up things :) and it's always been the case that if you don't manage training properly you risk suffering for it.

I was asking a question. That you can be so rude to someone for asking a question it astounds me that you're a moderator. I've seen you be rude to be people quite a lot on these forums. I'm guessing it's only friendship with someone that keeps you in this position.

I was asking a question. That you can be so rude to someone for asking a question it astounds me that you're a moderator. I've seen you be rude to be people quite a lot on these forums. I'm guessing it's only friendship with someone that keeps you in this position.

Rude? Have you been on the internet before? Maybe need a slightly thicker skin than that.

Sticking a question mark on the end of a sentence doesn't make it a question, your sentence reads like a statement of fact, which would make it utter tosh as I said. :)

If you're asking "have changes been made to the way the game handles injuries?" the answer is definitely not.

What keeps me in this position is retaining my sanity when a large percentage of the user base lose theirs over some imagined problem with the game.:D

• SI Staff

Hey guys, if you have specific examples of an issue regarding injuries please provide PKM's and save games and put them in the match engine bugs forum page found here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/447-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks and we will review what is uploaded. Without uploaded evidence we are unable to accurately analyse what is happening. Thanks

Archived