[FM15]Kim Jong-Acid The First North Korean Manager to.............

AcidBurn

The Set up

African_zpsc8e9c1d8.jpg

Asian_zpsd6a9f1a8.jpg

So I've decided to start my FM15 career in Asia but Africa has always interested me as well. The first thing I did was open up the editor and try to add a bit of variety to Asia by adding several new leading, most excitingly for me was North Korea as you should have guess from the title of the thread I'll be starting my career there. There is no firm plan but I intend to increase my reputation within North Korea and then move to a bigger and better nation which judging by the competition rankings is anywhere I've loaded. FM has always suffered from a lack of African leagues so I tried to create the top 10 ranked leagues although I had some problems creating Zimbabwe who have a few clubs in the top ranked African sides. I think I've got a good selection here and I've holidayed for 12 years with no problems so hopefully it's stable enough.

After I've built my reputation in Asia and maybe Africa I want to try some places I've never managed in before. If or more realistically when I move to Europe I'd like to go into either the German lower leagues or Scandinavia as I've never managed in Scandinavia on any FM. I'd also like to spend some time in South America ideally in Uruguay or Chile as I've never managed in either despite wanting to for a few FM's now.

The Manager

KimJong_zps9e71c9f7.jpg

KimJong2_zps5e3a111a.jpg

As you can see I've set up my manager with no coaching badges and semi-pro as past experience, I've always normally started with Sunday League but went for a change this time round. I've done this because I wanted my "manager" to have a made up past of being an ex-player within the North Korean league. Plus this gives me a bit of a boost when I decide to get the hell out of North Korea. I went for attacking coaching as my teams always attack if I can, I made sure my motivating and adaptability were high as I think both are important for my game. I'm not good with tactics so try to get the best out of my players with team talks and stuff. Adaptability is the ability to get a job in another country according to FM so this is also important for me if I plan to move around.

TActics_zpse3070087.jpg

When it comes to tactics I'm a man of simple tastes and so far it looks like FM15 has fallen into my preferred tactical outlook of direct with lots of crosses. 4-4-2 was hard to get working on FM14 or at least I found it hard to make work! All simple roles and simple instructions play direct, exploit the flanks and cross the fecking ball!!!!! I also have a counter version of the tactic for when I play bigger sides.

Pyongyang City

Facilitiesssss_zps6c9163fb.jpg

Facilities_zpsfc03268f.jpg

Facitilites2_zpsacc021d3.jpg

Being named after the Supreme Leader I decided to start with the team from the capital Pyongyang City. Obviously the first thing you'll notice about them is the fact that they play in a 50,000 all seater stadium which strangely is the second biggest stadium in Pyongyang after the May Day Stadium which is recognised by some to be the largest stadium in the world which can hold 150,000 people. Now lets not get ahead of ourselves this means nothing during pre-season we had an attendance of 0 for the matches against our reserves and our Under-18's. Even during the league we've only had around 300 people in the 50,000 seater stadium so I highly doubt we'll ever fill it or in fact get more than 1,000 fans in it!

The team is a former league winner with 5 titles but haven't won the league for a few years thanks to the dominance of April 25 who've won it for the last 4 years in a row.

The Competitions

LEague_zps58d59fa8.jpg

The League is quite simple 11 teams 20 matches and one champion no silly play-off's or league splits just straight forward. The media have us well behind the top two and tied with Amrokgang in the odds to win. Board expect a title challenge and I think we can provide at least that although 20 games means slip ups must be kept to a minimum.

North Korean Republican Championship - This is basically a league cup, there's a qualifying round then it's straight to a two legged knockout format between 8 sides, even the Final is two legs.

Kim Jong-il Memorial Super Cup - The winners of the cup Vs the winners of the league!

So that's the intro to my FM15 career, hopefully it will go on as long as my FM13 one did. Not sure where I'll go next or where I'll end up there's a few countries I'd like to manage in and somewhere along my career I'll find it hard to turn down Sunderland or Crewe if the chances comes a long!

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I made them just opened up both editors and copied the FM14 ones.

were those leagues in FM 14 by default or were they also customs? I want more leagues from those regions as well, especially to get a realistic amount of Asian and African regens. But I want them to act realistic too. Would you think about sharing them later on?

Best of luck. @FMAmerican will be following.

Thanks, 6th post on here since 2008 I feel honoured!

Huzzah, an Aceeeeed thread! \o/

About time thankfully this FM seems a whole load better than 14 was.

Looking forward to this

I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into this career as well!

Good luck with this. Sounds exciting for a career plan

Cheers, hope everyone enjoys it :)

And I thought I gave my manager an unusual nationality. Good luck.

Cheers, only picked North Korea after watching a documentary and reading an article about 50,000 people attending a match of the team I'm playing as. However it appeared they'd been ordered to go as they showed hardly any interest in the football :s

Good luck comrade.

Gonna be following you. Hope you don't mind my (bad) jokes throughout the season :)

Cheers,

Bitner

Bad jokes? Now you've got to live up to that promise!

Woah.. this looks interesting :) good luck

Cheers, hopefully it will be!

were those leagues in FM 14 by default or were they also customs? I want more leagues from those regions as well, especially to get a realistic amount of Asian and African regens. But I want them to act realistic too. Would you think about sharing them later on?

I had to edit some FM14 ones as they didn't work but I created most from scratch. I'm sorry but I don't think I'd feel comfortable sharing them as I'm not sure how stable they are or to be honest how accurate. It's probably better to wait for someone else to create them that knows what they are doing properly!

Pyongyang City 2014 Season Update

LeagueRiHungRyong_zps664485c2.jpg

LEaguePRe_zpscd81048e.jpg

So pre-season started and the team aren't short in that many areas all we needed was a striker and Ri Hung-Ryong is a cracking signings on a free transfer. He's got 12 in finishing, composure, off the ball, first touch as well as acceleration and pace this mean she should and will rip apart plenty of AI defences during the season. Over 20 matches I'd expect close to a goal a game from him especially when I see how awful some of the AI teams defenders are although we suffer from the same thing. As you'd expect from North Korea there are no foreign players willing to sign, I've even loaded Brazil down to the 3rd Division and don't get the huge amount of Brazilian free agents offered to me that I saw when I managed in New Zealand, hell I was offered more during a stint in Tonga on FM13!

Also to be expected from North Korea the board won't allow us to travel abroad for friendlies so everything is at home against other North Korean sides, we spanked a lower league side 9-0 then suffered the embarrassment of losing to our Under 21's 1-0. Everything else was as expected although our Under 21's seem to have our number. As you can see interest in football is huge even our most hardcore fans wouldn't attend matches against our youth sides. Not even the government could force people to attend the other friendlies!

North Korean High Class League

LeagueTable_zps29e53b58.jpg

LeagueFixtures_zps34facf91.jpg

A third place finish isn't too bad we were predicted 4th so went one better. We were slightly behind the top two towards the end of the season then the 3-1 defeat against Amrokgang really ended any hopes we had of snatching the title. I guess our position isn't what sticks out but what is is the number of goals we scored. We conceded a load but I'm the sort of manager that if given the option would prefer to win 8-4 or 7-3 than to win 4-0. We scored 8 a few times and even got 9 in a pointless match at the end of the season. These goals mostly come from the fact that if I take a look around the league there are lots of ST's with 11-13 in basic attributes needed to score goals, finishing, composure and off the ball. As we were poor in defence I looked for some new CB's but had no luck finding them, during my search I noticed that most defenders are awful. This combined with decent-ish strikers has resulted in a load of goals. Also making use of a direct and crossing style of play has helped us bang the goals in.

We had some good wins giving April 25 their first and only loss of the season but after that we messed up and lost 1-0. Over 20 matches consistency is the key to doing well and we didn't show as much of it as April 25 and Amorkgang did especially as we lost twice the latter. Some new defenders really are needed for next season! Attendances were decent enough for our home games and you can see we must have a decent reputation compared to most of the other sides in the league. New signing Ri Hung-Ryong is a bit of a spree scorer more likely to bag a hat trick(or more)in one match then not score than to consistently score match after match.

North Korean Republican Championship

LeagueCupResults_zps7feafe75.jpg

Although we did well enough in the league I was a bit disappointed not to win it. However I helped myself forget about that by winning the cup in my first season in charge, we faced April 25 in the first round which is already the Quarter Finals. When this was drawn I didn't think we'd be able to beat them but we cruised to the win over both legs and it was never really in doubt after the first leg. Next up came Sobaeksu the team we demolished 8-3 in my very first league game, they put up more of a fight than they managed in the league and nearly beat us in the first round. The scoreline looks closer than it was, they won 1-0 in 90 minutes in the second leg to take the match to extra time but we got 3-1 up and a 120th minute own goal meant we won on away goals rather than winning by one goal. I really fancied us to take the win in both legs in the final but we lost in a very close game at Rimyongsu, however my confidence and faith in the sides ability to turn it round in the second leg was rewarded as we won 3-1.

This not only gave us my first trophy but also means we will now travel outside of our home land next year in the Asian Confederations Cup. I'm not sure how happy the Supreme Leader will be about this!

Best 11 and Fans Player of the Year

LeagueBest11_zpsaadc18a8.jpg

LEaguePlayeroftheYear_zps038c7a25.jpg

First off 17 year old or more accurately 16 years old at the time Kim Chol-Min was named as Fans Player of the Year and rightly so. He terrorised opposition fullbacks all season scoring 16 times which is once for every start and also setting up 9 goals as well not bad for someone not taking any set pieces! The best 11 shows how potent our wingers and strikers were it's impressive to see the wide men contribute so much to the goal scoring both nearly equalling the strikers goal tallies. The defenders don't look bad average ratings wise but both made mistakes through out the season that cost us a lot of goals.

The central midfielders did well over the season both getting around a 7.5 average but barring the CB's they were the weakest performers. Saying that it's hard to contribute when they're basically there to break up play and set the wide men on their way or thread passes through for the strikers. I'm a bit disappointed that the CM attack role doesn't seem anywhere near as much of a goal scoring threat as it was on FM14.

The Future

One thing is for sure we need some more players especially on the wings, sure the wingers were great but neither are that good at the roles assigned to them so it'd be nice to get some new players in to rotate with them occasionally. Defenders are a must at CB anyway along with maybe one more new striker. The board are extremely unhappy with our league performance and at one point my job security dropped to 2% after an argument with a player wanting to leave but don't get me started on the morale system in this game :(

In continental competition we will have to qualify for the group stages of a competition that is for the smaller Asian nations. We will face New Radiant of the Maldives, then if we win it'll be one more qualifying match before the group stages are drawn. I think we'll make the group but I have no idea if we'll qualify from it or not. Our wage budget has been double for next season to £5.6k a week and the finances are very healthy so I'm hoping to strengthen quite a bit and give the league a real go.

Good first season with Pyongyang City :thup:

I really do agree with the morale system being terrible but hopefully you can avoid the sack from it!

Thanks, everything seems fine for now.........

Well done comrade on a solid first season. :thup:

Cheers, I think I need to improve to keep my job next season.

A Korea career thread!

Best of luck with this. Could be an absolutely epic journey.

Thanks, Korea career came close to being in the thread title!

Been looking forward to this since you first tweeted about doing it.

Good work so far mate.

Cheers, you'll probably be spammed every so often by my tweets about it beats being spammed by my FM14 rants though!

Good Luck, Will definitely follow this journey.

Thanks, hopefully you'll enjoy the journey!

I do love a good Asian save :D so will be interested to see how this goes, especially with the leagues you've added. I do wish that there was more Middle Eastern leagues available.

Steady first season by the way :thup:

Looking forward to following this thread - seem to remember having a North Korean thread in FM12 but however much I tried to find another job in another league the secret police kept bringing me back...... You'll need to try and disappear whilst playing away from home in the continental competition. Although given some of the other countries that compete in that competition you might be jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire!

Guest Darius Basu

That really doesn't look a high class league if you can beat teams with those scorelines. Why did they ever consider naming it as Highest Class League!?

That pic of Hyun Ryong is hung wrong.. ;)

Great first season to build on though.

Are you in competition with Bitner now?

Hoping for a much better second season in the league!

3rd not bad at all for the first season and you get to leave the country next year! :D Nice job, I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Thanks, I wonder how the Supreme Leader will like all those bloody foreigners coming into our great country :)

Good luck :D

Cheers John!

I do love a good Asian save :D so will be interested to see how this goes, especially with the leagues you've added. I do wish that there was more Middle Eastern leagues available.

Steady first season by the way :thup:

I've never really managed in Asia that much on FM outside of the bigger countries even then it's always been only a brief stint. I did do a few seasons in Thailand on FM14 and quite enjoyed it.

Welcome back AB - this has the potential to be great! Good effort on the data editing front too :thup:

20 games per season must fly by!

Thanks, it's good to be back! Hopefully this will be as good as my FM13 thread. The editing was quite boring, copying stuff from editor to editor but well worth it once it was done :)

Third place good enough to keep you out of the re-education camp. ;)

For now...........

Looking forward to following this thread - seem to remember having a North Korean thread in FM12 but however much I tried to find another job in another league the secret police kept bringing me back...... You'll need to try and disappear whilst playing away from home in the continental competition. Although given some of the other countries that compete in that competition you might be jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire!

Hopefully I can negotiate my release if we keep getting into continental competition :)

Seeing a positive Acidburn is weird :D

I'll be following this thread closely mate and look forward to the annual (hopefully spelt that right or this will be embarrassing :D) rants

Luckily it was spelt right! I'm sure you'll see me ranting once over powered crosses are fixed and my tactics turn to crap :(

That really doesn't look a high class league if you can beat teams with those scorelines. Why did they ever consider naming it as Highest Class League!?

I had wondered the same thing myself at times!

Pyongyang City Mid Season Update

Pre-Season

Transfers_zps2967fe7a.jpg

Lots of transfers to start the season, before the budgets were given the board were getting annoyed that we were £500 a week over the £2,500 a week budget. I released every youth player we had that couldn't be developed and this along with releasing a couple of other idiots got the wage budget down by £850 a week. However the board then announced that the budget was being doubled for the following season. No one really that special signed but I managed to get some players that I needed to help the squad as mainly back ups. It's also a sign that we are progressing when we can take two players from April 25 as well as another from Amrokgang although all three were rotational players.

Pre-Season Matches

Friendlies_zpsdd550241.jpg

KimJong_zpsd286b667.jpg

Friendlies used for nothing other than getting the team in shape, the lack of ability to travel outside of North Korea really limits who we can face hence the two matches against our youth sides. But if this is what the Supreme Leader wants then who am I to question his unwavering knowledge. Speaking of Supreme Leaders we faced April 25 last seasons league winners in the Kim Jong il Memorial Super Cup, I don't like facing April 25 as they are always tough to beat. This game went very well though as we pretty much dominated from start to finish and only Choe Chol-Man was on form for them. I tried to sign him after the match but he wasn't interested at all we'll have to win a few more trophies and leagues to tempt away April 25's better players.

North Korean High Class League and Republican Championship

LeagueTable_zpsef3bd8a4.jpg

League_zps32482529.jpg

The league has started brilliantly and after only 10 matches we've got a 7 point lead the best defence and we are scoring the most goals. The only thing we have to worry about is the second half of the season will see us travel to April 25 and Amrokgang, these two matches I think will decide if we win the league or not. We started strong with a 6-1 win then managed to score twice in the last few minutes to secure a 4-2 win against Rimyongsu a team I always find put up a good fight. Routine wins then saw us face April 25 who we dispatched of quite easily after we got two goals up we never looked like letting them back into the game. A couple more routine wins and then in a tight match with Amrokgang we lost a 1-0 lead as they scored on the counter to grab a draw. The best match of the season for the neutral that is saw us win 5-4 against Kyonggongop(great name)we blew a 3-1 lead and allowed them to get to 3-3, then we went a head only for them to equalise again but an 80th minute strike saw us take a 5-4 win.

So now all we have to do is win 8 of the next 10 to secure the league title in theory we could afford to lost against Amrokgang and April 25 but that's not something I'd like. We obviously just need to keep scoring goals and we'll win it, there was a news item at the start of the season that said due to poor performances from North Korean sides we'll only receive one place in continental competition. I'm assuming this will be through the league and not the cup so I really need to win this!

Cup_zpscd35af04.jpg

Easy win the Quarter Finals of the Republican Championship, 4-1 at home practically ensured we were already through an emphatic 5-1 away win sealed our place in the next round. We'll see a repeat of last seasons Semi Finals when we face Sobaeksu who we only just managed to beat last year on our way to winning the cup.

Asian Confederation Cup

Confedtable_zpsb663bb10.jpg

Confed_zps1ed768ad.jpg

Our first journey outside of the great country of North Korea has been a success so far. The Supreme Leader obviously bribed the Asian FA into allowing our qualifying matches to be played in our glorious country, it could have gone so badly if we hadn't of kept our nerve to beat New Radiant on penalties. We then beat a team from Myanmar which may seem like a struggle based on the scoreline but it was actually quite an easy match. We then played in front of the biggest crowd of my career(I never realised football was so popular in Malaysia)We demolished them 4-1 then back to back draws were followed by a 5-1 win over whipping boys Pahang, a 1-0 win away upset 17,000 Vietnamese as we secured qualification to the next round.

This tournament is winnable if we can somehow avoid the sides from Kuwait, all the other sides are from like us smaller nations. Teams from Kuwait however seem pretty good in comparison to every one else, saying that we could lose against the smaller sides as struggled to 1-1 draws against teams from Hong Kong and Vietnam. It appears that it's not like Europe and sides knocked out of the Champions League do not go into the secondary competition at least I really hope they don't. Should be very interesting to see what happens in the draw knowing my luck it'll be against one of the sides from Kuwait!

Great work and well done on the silverware
Excellent start to the season and congrats on the silverware :thup:

Cheers, it was an honour to win a trophy named after the man whose testicles spawned the Supreme Leader!

Korean names hurt my eyes :D

First league title coming up, I believe :thup:

Same here :( I'm just picking people based on ratings as most of the time the names confuse me!

Great start to the season.

Thanks!

Archived