[FM 2016] Ultimate Stars and Legends Game (1880's to 2016)

Can you suggest a direct replacement. So a midfield central, from 1888-2016?

Fenech, as a Forest fan I'll try and help you as much as I can. Infact, the thread I set up on the Forest forum a couple of years ago still goes strong every couple of months and created some debate. I'll look to get it up and going again. That way you don't have to think about Forest much. I'll just double check, are you creating Forest again? I'm sure it says in the OP you are.

But for Arsenal, maybe have a look at this. Liam Brady is at number 8 and appears to be a good enough like for like replacement for Wilshere.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fenech, as a Forest fan I'll try and help you as much as I can. Infact, the thread I set up on the Forest forum a couple of years ago still goes strong every couple of months and created some debate. I'll look to get it up and going again. That way you don't have to think about Forest much. I'll just double check, are you creating Forest again? I'm sure it says in the OP you are.

But for Arsenal, maybe have a look at this. Liam Brady is at number 8 and appears to be a good enough like for like replacement for Wilshere.

Hey mate,

What I will do is PM you the forest 25 i have already... so of course that would be great! we can improve this team even better, of course Cloughie is the manager. lol

Let me know if you have received the PM I sent you.

Perfect Liam Brady, my research team have already researched him thoroughly and I have him on his way to Arsenal in place of Wilshere as we speak!

As Jack joined Arsenal from Luton at the age of 9, and of course the games lowest age is 14, Jack will now be available on a free transfer at 14 years old when the game starts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

how is the DB getting on?

i played on the previous FM DB and i thought it was too easy to just signup all the young free transfers.

Out of interest was there a reason why you just wouldn't keep them in the youth teams at there starting club (even if it means dropping their PA & CA stats)?

ie Dawson at NFFC as a 14/15 year old rather than just listed as a free transfer. I dont think you need to go as far as specifically creating players for the DB to add as youth players, but to just move the top players that are already in the game that you released on a free?

Carninho, get yourself on LTLF if you're not on there please. There's a thread I've set up on there to try and get a definite squad.

I'm on there under another name, but tend to only get on when the transfer window is open. there are only so many 'can he play at left back' posts i can read in one day ;)

plus i think the forest legend squad is pretty easy. You just need the '78 era team with Pearce, Collymore, Walker... Danny Fox..

how is the DB getting on?

i played on the previous FM DB and i thought it was too easy to just signup all the young free transfers.

Out of interest was there a reason why you just wouldn't keep them in the youth teams at there starting club (even if it means dropping their PA & CA stats)?

ie Dawson at NFFC as a 14/15 year old rather than just listed as a free transfer. I dont think you need to go as far as specifically creating players for the DB to add as youth players, but to just move the top players that are already in the game that you released on a free?

One man is not an Island! I wanted teams of 25, also I wanted to get the game out as soon as possible because I started the project late in the day.

Players will not be free in this version unless there is no other option. the main thing is that I guarantee that where ever a player is, they were at that club at that exact age.

I will do as much as i can to ensure that players are in their youth clubs at 14/15 rather than available on a free. :thup:

One man is not an Island! I wanted teams of 25, also I wanted to get the game out as soon as possible because I started the project late in the day.

Players will not be free in this version unless there is no other option. the main thing is that I guarantee that where ever a player is, they were at that club at that exact age.

I will do as much as i can to ensure that players are in their youth clubs at 14/15 rather than available on a free. :thup:

johnradford_zpsffec67qj.png

Here is an example for you of a player who was available on a Free Transfer in 2014 because he didn't make the cut of 25 in Arsenal.

This time he will be in Arsenal as a 15 year old, in the youth team. So he won't be available on a Free, as you can see he joined Arsenal at 15.

So the guarantee that he was the exact age when he joined the exact club is true.

Also he can't possible be at West Ham as he was nearly 30 when he joined them..... So Arsenal is the only option, especially when you consider that he played 475 games for Arsenal, and that is where the criteria of COMMON SENSE comes into play.

So every player is given the same level of consideration, and fully researched in every small detail. :thup:

They really need a way to import old databases into the latest version so we don't have to wait 6 months for a great DB such as this

This is really the only DB i'll play with so the wait is the worst part for me :(

It's alot of work mate. But we will get there in the end. :thup:

I really like this concept. One question... What if someone suggests a new team where one of his selected players on a team is already chosen for another team? For example, if someone suggests Romario for Barcelona but he was/is already on PSV? Or Michael Laudrup on Real Madrid but you think it's more suitable to put him on Barcelona's squad? :)

I really like this concept. One question... What if someone suggests a new team where one of his selected players on a team is already chosen for another team? For example, if someone suggests Romario for Barcelona but he was/is already on PSV? Or Michael Laudrup on Real Madrid but you think it's more suitable to put him on Barcelona's squad? :)

Hi JuulDK

Thank you for your question.

I am open to any suggestion as to which player should be with which team.... I follow a number of criteria when selecting the player and the team.. e.g.

There is only one of every legend, so therefore the legend can only be in one of the teams.

Whichever team the player is in, they were really in that team at that age, and that is a guarantee.

The top 5% of legends of all time, will be around 24 years old and in their prime

The player will be at the youngest age possible at the first top division club they joined, if possible.

Common Sense - So take into consideration who the player played for most, and dedicated most of their career too.

Every player is researched, and tested so that the statistics are the most realistic possible.

All Legends from 1880 - 2016 are included and eligible for selection

The return of the greatest legendary managers like Brian Clough and Don Revie including the greatest European and south american managers of all time.

All squads and players are open for debate until such time as the game is released.

More Legends than in the 2014 version, including the official 100 players of all time for each specified position on the football field

The return of great teams like the mighty magyars, the ajax total football, the double winning preston north end and the river plate 1940's 'La Maquina' or the Machine

So to answer your question....

Romario - Joined PSV when he was 22/23, he played over a hundred games and didn't join Barcelona until he was 27. He scored 96 times in 107 appearances for PSV. He only played 46 times for the Catalans, he falls into the criteria of coming into his prime at PSV, at still being quite young at PSV, and therefore he starts at 22/23 PSV

Michael Laudrup: This is a debatable one, I could easily have put him in Barcelona or Juventus, not real madrid as a bit too old when he joined them, but Barca and Juve already had enough great players in his position and I like the squads to be balanced in terms of playing positions, so that these guys can realistically get games, therefore he starts at 19 at Lazio which falls into the criteria as the first top club he joined at the youngest age possible...

I hope this helps. :thup:

Hi JuulDK

Thank you for your question.

I am open to any suggestion as to which player should be with which team.... I follow a number of criteria when selecting the player and the team.. e.g.

There is only one of every legend, so therefore the legend can only be in one of the teams.

Whichever team the player is in, they were really in that team at that age, and that is a guarantee.

The top 5% of legends of all time, will be around 24 years old and in their prime

The player will be at the youngest age possible at the first top division club they joined, if possible.

Common Sense - So take into consideration who the player played for most, and dedicated most of their career too.

Every player is researched, and tested so that the statistics are the most realistic possible.

All Legends from 1880 - 2016 are included and eligible for selection

The return of the greatest legendary managers like Brian Clough and Don Revie including the greatest European and south american managers of all time.

All squads and players are open for debate until such time as the game is released.

More Legends than in the 2014 version, including the official 100 players of all time for each specified position on the football field

The return of great teams like the mighty magyars, the ajax total football, the double winning preston north end and the river plate 1940's 'La Maquina' or the Machine

So to answer your question....

Romario - Joined PSV when he was 22/23, he played over a hundred games and didn't join Barcelona until he was 27. He scored 96 times in 107 appearances for PSV. He only played 46 times for the Catalans, he falls into the criteria of coming into his prime at PSV, at still being quite young at PSV, and therefore he starts at 22/23 PSV

Michael Laudrup: This is a debatable one, I could easily have put him in Barcelona or Juventus, not real madrid as a bit too old when he joined them, but Barca and Juve already had enough great players in his position and I like the squads to be balanced in terms of playing positions, so that these guys can realistically get games, therefore he starts at 19 at Lazio which falls into the criteria as the first top club he joined at the youngest age possible...

I hope this helps. :thup:

Thank you for the very detailed answer mate :) I might have misunderstood something, as I thought what you wanted was for people to suggest teams for you to put into this database :) For example, I'm Danish and a fan of Brøndby, so I could suggest a team of Brøndby legends :)

Thank you for the very detailed answer mate :) I might have misunderstood something, as I thought what you wanted was for people to suggest teams for you to put into this database :) For example, I'm Danish and a fan of Brøndby, so I could suggest a team of Brøndby legends :)

I do accept suggestions of teams. I encourage this in fact. I appreciate your input.

You can suggest a team of Brøndby legends, I need 25 Brøndby Legends, with 2 goal keepers, 2 left backs, 2 right backs, 4 / 5 central defenders, 4 / 5 wide men, 4 / 5 midfielders central advanced or defensive and 2-4 strikers.... Any brondby legend from 1880-2016 can be included and any details regarding information on the players is appreciated. I will then endeavour to research them in full and include them in the database. :thup:

I do accept suggestions of teams. I encourage this in fact. I appreciate your input.

You can suggest a team of Brøndby legends, I need 25 Brøndby Legends, with 2 goal keepers, 2 left backs, 2 right backs, 4 / 5 central defenders, 4 / 5 wide men, 4 / 5 midfielders central advanced or defensive and 2-4 strikers.... Any brondby legend from 1880-2016 can be included and any details regarding information on the players is appreciated. I will then endeavour to research them in full and include them in the database. :thup:

Here you go then ;)

2 Goal Keepers

Mogens Krogh (Came to Brøndby at the age of 28. Late I know, but before that he only played Ikast fS, who doesn't exist anymore. He made 353 appearances and even scored 1 goal, in 1996 on a header in the late overtime to level against AGF, and it was actually a goal who seconds later won them the league titel. He was voted Player of the Year in 1999)

Stephan Andersen (Arrived in Brøndby at the age of 26, after failing to break through in Charlton. Made 137 appearances before moving to Evian, and eventually ending up at Brøndby's arch rivals FC Copenhagen where he still plays today. But nonetheless, still a Brøndby legend. He was voted Player of the Year in 2009)

2 Left Backs

Jens Risager (Debuted at the age of 18, and only ever played for Brøndby other than a half-season loan at Ikast fS. He made 222 appearances and scored twice)

Bjarne Jensen (Debuted at the age of 17, and only ever played for Brøndby. He made 556 appearances, and is still today the record holder for the most appearances. He was the first player to ever be voted Player of the Year twice, after winning the honor in 1984 and 1988. He later went on to become the assistant manager of Brøndby in 2010)

2 Right Backs

Søren Colding (Came from BK Frem at the age of 18. He made 194 appearances and scored 18 goals, before being sold to VfL Bochum. He was voted Player of the Year in 1996)

Dan Anton Johansen (Debuted at the age of 20 and went on to make 189 appearances and score six goals, before moving to Lillestrøm in Norway. He was voted Player of the Year in 2000)

4/5 Central Defenders

Per Nielsen (Debuted at the age of 19, and only ever played for Brøndby. He made 394 appearances and scored 23 goals, and was a long time captain. He became only the second player to be voted Player of the Year twice, as he won the honor in 2003 and 2006. Prior to ending his career he became a youth trainer for three years before leaving, and evetually returning earlier this year to manage Brøndby's women's team)

Daniel Agger (Debuted at the age of 19, and got perhaps the best start a young player has ever gotten after debuting. Within the first year he established himself on the first team, won Talent of the Year after his first season, and debuted on the Danish National Team 11 months after debuting for Brøndby. He only managed 34 appearances and six goals before moving on to Liverpool only 18 months into his professional career, but Agger returned to Brøndby last year and has made 31 appearances and scored twice since)

Uche Okechukwu (He arrived from his home country of Nigeria and debuted at the age of 23, and made 61 appearances and scored 10 goals before moving on to Fenerbache. He was voted Player of the Year in 1992)

Lars Olsen (He arrived from Køge at the age of 24, and made 178 appearances and scored 13 goals before moving on to Trabzonspor six years later in 1992. In 1996 he returned to end his career, and made an additional 20 appearances. He was voted Player of the Year in 1987, and he captained the Danish National Team while winning the European Championships in 1992)

Dan Eggen (He arrived from Frem BK at the age of 23, and made 108 appearances and scored six goals before moving to Celta Vigo)

4/5 Wide Men

Thomas Kahlenberg (He debuted at the age of 18, and made 83 appearances and scored 28 goals before moving to Auxerre. He then returned in 2013 and has since made 48 additional appearances and scored four goals)

Ole Bjur (He came from Vanløse at the age of 22, and since made 284 appearances and scored 40 goals before ending his career in 2001 a the age of 32. He was voted Player of the Year in 1994)

Mattias Jonson (He made Brøndby his third club to play for when he arrived from Helsingborgs IF at the age of 25, and made 131 appearances and scored 40 goals before leaving to Norwich)

Michael Krohn-Dehli (After three years in Holland, he arrived from Ajax at the age of 25. He made 122 appearances and scored 26 goals before moving to Celta. He now plays for Sevilla, but I personally think he will end his career back in Brøndby. He became only the third to be voted Player of the Year twice, and the first to ever win it two consecutive years, as he won the honor in 2010 and 2011)

Mike Jensen (He debuted at the age of 18, and made 133 appearances and scored 12 goals before moving to Rosenborg. He's the son of Brøndby legend Henrik Jensen, and even played two seasons while his father was assistant manager and one season with his father as his manager. He is still one of the most liked players by the fans and one of the most wished players to return, and was voted Player of the Year in 2012 thus setting a record with his father becoming the first ever father and son to be voted as Player of the Year)

4/5 Centre Midfielders

John "Faxe" Jensen (He debuted at the age of 18 and player in Brøndby for five years, before spending two years in Hamburg SV and then returning to Brøndby in 1990. In total he left and came back to Brøndby three times, and in total he made 134 appearances and scored seven goals. He was contracted to Brøndby when he was a part of the 1992 European Championships with Denmark, and even scored the opening goal in the 2-0 victory in the final against Germany. He also has a section named after himon Brøndby Stadium called Faxe Tribunen. After his career ended he also became an assistant manager for Brøndby for four seasons, and alongside manager Michael Laudrup he won the Danish Championship in 2005, which was actually the last time Brøndby won the league)

Morten Wieghorst (He arrived from Celtic at the late age of 31 and made 65 appearances and scored 14 goals, before ending his active career)

Kim Vilfort (He arrived from Lille at the age of 23 and went on to play for Brøndby for 12 seasons, making 470 appearances and scoring 121 goals before ending his career, making him the top scorer of all time. He was contracted to Brøndby when he was a part of the 1992 European Championships with Denmark, and even scored the last goal in the 2-0 victory in the final against Germany. He was voted Player of the Year in 1991)

Martin Retov (He arrived from Køge at the age of 22, and made 220 appearances and scored 23 goals before leaving for Hansa Rostock. He was voted Player of the Year in 2004)

Kim Daugaard (He debuted at the age of 19, and only ever played for Brøndby. He made 336 appearances and scored 36 goals before ending his active career, and becoming the assistant manager for two seasons. He was voted Player of the Year in 1998)

2/4 Strikers

Johan Elmander (He first arrived from Feyenoord at the age of 23, playing two seasons before leaving for Toulouse. He returned in 2013, and in total he has made 88 appearances and scored 28 goals but is going strong as he is still contracted to Brøndby to this day. He was voted Player of the Year in 2005)

Ebbe Sand (He debuted at the age of 19, and made 188 appearances and scored 85 goals before leaving for Schalke becoming the most expensive player sold from a Danish club at that time. He holds the record of most scored goals in one season, as he scored 28 goals in the 1997/98 season which secured him a spot on the Danish World Cup squad that reached the Quarter Finals. He was voted Player of the Year in 1997)

Bent "Turbo" Christensen (He arrived from Servette at the age of 20, and played three seasons before leaving for Schalke. He returned 1998 for two season, before leaving for the club where it all started, Brønshøj. In total he made 150 appearances and scored 82 goals, and after his career ended he has been youth coach for six years before he was the assistant manager for two years)

Mark Strudal (He arrived from Vejle BK at the age of 25, and made 58 appearances and scored 25 goals before leaving for Næstved BK. He's now retired and at the beginning of this season he was appointed as assistant manager and attacking coach for Brøndby)

Manager

Ebbe Skoudahl (He has managed Brøndby three times. 1986-1987, 1988-1989, and 1992-1997. He has won three Danish Cups and four Danish Championships with Brøndby, and he resigned from football in 2005)

Other Notable Players

Casper Ankergren (Goal Keeper - He arrived from Køge at the age of 20, and made 124 appearances before leaving for Leeds United)

Aurelijus "Auri" Skarbalius (Left Back - He arrived from Inkaras Kaunas at the age of 22, and made 194 appearances and score two goals before leaving for Herfølge. After ending his active career he managed Brøndby for two seasons, and is currently the manager of the Brøndby Under 19 squad. He was voted Player of the Year in 2002)

Henrik Jensen (Striker - He arrived from Hvidovre, and made 278 appearances and scored an unknown amount of goals before ending his career. After ending his career he was assistant manager twice and manager in one season, and he was voted Player of the Year in 1989)

Thomas Rasmussen (Left Back - He arrived from Hansa Rostock at the age of 28, and made 139 appearances and score 13 goals before leaving for Lyngby. He was voted Player of the Year in 2008)

Morten Skoubo (He arrived from Borussia Mönchengladbach at the age of 24, and made 41 appearances and scored 19 goals before leaving for Real Sociedad)

Note: Peter Schmeichel and Michael Laudrup are definitely big Brøndby legends, but obviosuly they belong on other teams.

If you need any more info on the players, for example other playable positions, just let me know and I'll try my best :)

Hi Cel1234,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I will move him to 21 years of age at Juventus which will be just after his loan period at Lazio. :thup:

Well Spotted!

Juventus bought him but in Italian football at the time they could only play 2 foreign players so they loaned him out to Lazio

Juventus bought him but in Italian football at the time they could only play 2 foreign players so they loaned him out to Lazio

Yes I was reading about that, he was initially only supposed to go for one season, but ended up staying there for two seasons and in the second season, Lazio got relegated and he only scored 1 goal! I think 21 is a nice age to start off at anyway, the only other option is to start him at 18 at Brondby, which I might well do, especially if Juventus begin to look too good, as you can imagine what kind of a team they are going to end up with anyway.....

Who wouldn't want this player in their team? A long long time ago, in the same planet we are on today, before the time of the swash buckling orange total football, before the time of the 1950's Mighty Magyars, this LEGEND, scored 368 goals in 303 appearances for Hungarian Outfit Ujpest FC! More telling, is that he scored 32 times in 39 appearances for Hungary, when you realise that in those days, international friendlies and matches were very rare compared to what they are today, 39 appearances is the equivalent of at least 120 caps today and 32 goals would be closer to 100 international goals. This player was very special and it is just a shame that by the time Puskus and Co rocked up in the 50's, this guy was finishing his career. Happy Birthday GYULA Zsengeller! He would of been 100 years old today!

GZXY_zpsgjmpalyd.png

Yes a very good team. Probadly start him at Brondby. What teams have you got done ?? Is it a follow on from last years ??

It will be just as good as it was in 2014 and better, it is a follow on from 2014 but it will contain the 100 greatest legends for each playing position as well and some other teams from the championship including the double winning preston north end team, yes i will probably start him at 18 at brondby. :thup:

FC Copenhagen

2 Goal Keepers

Johan Wiland (He arrived from Elfsborg at the age of 28, and made 142 appearances before leaving for Malmö FF after the 2014/15 season. He was voted Player of the Year in 2012, and Goalkeeper of the Year in Denmark in 2010 and 2011)

Jesper Christiansen (He arrived from Viborg at the age of 27, and made 140 appearances before leaving for IF Elfsborg. He was voted Danish Goalkeeper of the Year in 2005, 2006 and 2007)

2 Left Backs

Oscar Wendt (He arrived from IFK Göteborg at the age of 20, and made 138 appearances and scored five goals before leaving for Borussia Mönchengladbach)

Niclas Jensen (He arrived from PSV Einhoven at the age of 24, and left four years later for Manchester City in 2002. He returned from Fulham in 2007. In total he made 159 appearances and scored seven goals. He was voted Danish Under-21 Player of the Year in 1995)

2 Right Backs

Zdenek Pospech (He arrived from Sparta Prague at the age of 29, and made 108 appearances and scored 13 goals before leaving for Mainz)

Lars Jacobsen (He arrived from Hamburger SV at the age of 24, and played for three season before leaving for FC Nürnberg in 2007. He returned from West Ham in 2011 and played another three seasons, before leaving for Guingamp in 2014. In total he has made 184 appearances and scored four goals. He was voted Danish Under-19 Player of the Year in 1997, and Danish Cup Fighter in 2001)

Ole Tobiasen (Debuted at the age of 17 and played for three seasons, before leaving for Heerenveen in 1996. He returned from AZ in 2003 and played for one and a half season, before going on loan to Aab and then laving for Sandefjord. In total he made 107 appearances and scored four goals)

Michael Mio Nielsen (He arrived from Lille OSC at the age of 27, and made 231 appearances and scored twice. Currently he's the general manager for the FC Copenhagen School of Excellence)

4/5 Central Defenders

Michael Gravgaard (He arrived from Viborg at the age of 27, and made 79 appearances and scored six goals before leaving for Nantes. He was voted the Danish Superliga Profile in 2005, Danish Profile of the Year in 2005, Danish Superliga Autumn Profile in 2006, and Danish Profile of the Year in 2006)

Brede Hangeland (He arrived from Viking at the age of 25, and made 63 appearances and score three goals before leaving for Fulham)

Mathias "Zanka" Jørgensen (Debuted at the age of 17, and played five seasons before leaving for PSV in 2012. He returned from PSV in 2014. In total he has made 138 appearances and scored 10 goals, but he's still going strong as he's only 25 and still playing for the team. He was voted Players' Talent of the Year in 2008, Talent of the Year in 2008, and Under-19 National Team Talent of the Year in 2008)

Diego Tur (He arrived from B 1903 at the age of 20, and made 192 appearances and scored 12 goals before going on loan to AB and then leaving for Aab. He was voted Danish Under-17 Player of the Year in 1987)

Bo Svensson (Debuted at the age of 20, and made 150 appearances and score four goals before leaving for Borussia Mönchengladbach)

4/5 Wide Men

Jesper Grønkjær (He arrived from VfB Stuttgart at the age of 29, and made 114 appearances and scored 16 goals before ending his active career in the club. He was voted Danish Under-19 Player of the Year in 1995, Player of the Year in 2007, Danish Superliga Autumn Profile in 2007, Danish Superliga Player of the Year in 2007, and Danish Superliga Profile of the Year in 2007)

Sibusiso Zuma (He arrived from Orlando Pirates at the age of 25, and made 145 appearances and scored 40 goals before leaving for Arminia Bielefeld. In 2001 he placed 29th for the FIFA World Player of the Year award. He is considered by many fans to be the greatest profile to have ever played for the club, and he's especially remembered for a fantastic bicycle kick goal against rivals Brøndby in 2009, which was later named as the Greatest Moment in FC Copenhagen History)

Martin Bergvold (Debuted at the age of 18, and played for five seasons before leaving for Livorno in 2007. He returned from Livorno in 2010 and played another two season, before leaving going on loan to Lyngby and later leaving for Esbjerg fB. In total he made 75 appearances and scored six goals)

Lars Højer (He arrived from B 1903 at the age of 21, and made 166 appearances and scored 54 goals before leaving for BK Skjold. He was known as a spectacular world class free kick specialist. He was voted FC Copenhagen Player of the Year in 1994)

Thomas Thorninger (He arrived from Perugia at the age of 25, and made 108 appearances and scored 18 goals before moving to Udinese. He was the Danish Superliga Topscorer in the 1995/96 season while playing for another Danish club, AGF)

4/5 Central Midfielders

Christian Poulsen (He arrived from Holbæk at the age of 20, and played for two seasons before leaving for Schalke 04 in 2002. He returned from Ajax in 2014 to play an additional season. In total he made 61 appearances and scored 11 goals. He was voted Danish Young Player of the Year in 2001, and Danish Football Player of the Year in 2005 and 2006)

Tobias Linderoth (He arrived from Everton at the age of 25, and made 82 appearances and scored four goals before leaving for Galatasaray. He was voted FC Copenhagen Player of the Year in 2006)

Atiba Hutchinson (He arrived from Helsingborg at the age of 23, and made 139 appearances and scored 22 goals before leavin for PSV. He was voted Danish Superliga Player of the Year in 2010)

Christian Lønstrup (He arrived from B 1903 at the age of 21, and played for four seasons before leaving for Cagliari in 1996. He returned from Cagliari in 1998, and played for another eight seasons before ending his career. In total he made 204 appearances and scored seven goals)

Hjalte Nørregaard (Debuted at the age of 18, and played for six seasons before leaving for Heerenveen in 2005. He returned from Heerenveen in 2006 to play another four seasons, before leaving for AGF. In total he made 217 appearances and scored 22 goals. He was voted Danish Cup Fighter in 2004 and FC Copenhagen Player of the Year in 2005 and 2009, and was inducted into the FC Copenhagen Hall of Fame in 2005)

William Kvist (Debuted at the age of 19, and played for seven seasons before leaving for VfB Stuttgart. He returned from Wigan in 2015, and is currently still playing for the club. In total he has made 197 appearances and scored eight goals so far. He was voted Danish Superliga Player of the Year in 2010, and Danish Football Player of the Year in 2010 and 2011)

Peter Nielsen (He arrived from Borussia Mönchengladbach at the age of 28, and player for three seasons before going back to Borussia Mönchengladbach in 1999. He then returned from Borussia Mönchengladbach in 2002 for an additional season. In total he made 98 appearances and scored 12 goals)

2/4 Strikers

Dame N'Doye (He arrived from OFI Crete at the age of 24, and made 104 appearances and scored 59 goals before leaving for Lokomotiv Moscow. He became the Danish Superliga Topscorer in 2010/11 and 2011/12)

Andreas Cornelius (He debuted at the age of 19, and played for only one season before leaving for Cardiff City in 2013. He turned from Cardiff City in 2014, and is currently still playing for the club at the age of 22. He has made 83 appearances and scored 33 goals up to now. He was voted Danish Superliga Player of the Year in 2013, Danish Young Talent of the Year in 2013, and won the Danish Superliga Golden Boot in 2012/13)

Peter Møller (He arrived from Aab at the age of 21, and played for two seasons before making a controversial move to the arch rivals from Brøndby in 1995. He returned from Real Oviedo in 2001, and played another four seasons. In total he made 154 appearances and scored 44 goals. In 2005 he became the most scoring player ever in the Danish Superliga)

Todi Jónsson (He arrived from Lyngby at the age of 25, and made 167 appearances and scored 54 goals before leaving for Start)

César Santin (He arrived from Kalmar FF at the age of 27, and made 161 appearances and scored 65 goals before leaving for APOEL)

Martin Johansen (He arrived from B 1903 at the age of 19, and made 116 appearances and scored 30 goals before leaving for Coventry City. He's the twin brother of another FC Copenhagen legend, Michael Johansen)

Manager

Ståle Solbakken (He was a player for FC Copenhagen, but only got 14 appearances before having a heart attack on March 13, 2001, during a training session. He was clinically dead for seven minutes before being revived. Shortly after he retired. He managed FC Copenhagen from 2006 to 2011 and again from 2013 and until now as he's still currently the manager. He was voted the Danish Superliga Manager of the Year in 2007 and 2011, and won five Danish championships, two Danish Cup trophies and one Royal League trophy as the manager of FC Copenhagen)

Hans Backe (He managed the club from 2001 to 2005. He won two Danish championships, one Danish Cup trophy, and two Danish Super Cup trophies as the manager of FC Copenhagen)

Others

Thomas Kristensen (Central Midfielder - He arrived from FC Nordsjælland at the age of 25, and made 154 appearances and scored 5 goals before leaving for ADO Den Haag)

Iørn Uldbjerg (Central Midfielder - He arrived from B 1903 at the age of 24, and made 129 appearances and scored 13 goals before leaving for Herfølge BK)

Pierre Bengtsson (Left Back - He arrived from FC Nordsjælland at the age of 23, and made 108 appearances and scored twice before leaving for Mainz)

Alvaro Santos (Striker/Wing - He arrived from Helsingborgs IF at the age of 23, and made 120 appearances and score 50 goals before leaving for Sochaux. He was nicknamed "The World's Nicest Man" by the fans in FC Copenhagen)

Tobias Linderoth (He arrived from Everton at the age of 25, and made 82 appearances and scored four goals before leaving for Galatasaray. He was voted FC Copenhagen Player of the Year in 2006)

Karim Zaza (Goal Keeper - He debuted at the age of 20, and made 80 appearances before leaving for Fremad Amager on loan, then Silkeborg on loan, and eventually permanently leaving for Odense Boldklub. He was voted Danish Goalkeeper of the Year in 2001, 2002 and 2003)

Erik Mykland (Central Midfielder - He arrived from 1860 Münich at the age of 30, and made 51 appearances and score once before leaving for Start)

Palle Petersen (Goal Keeper - All I know is that he played for FC Copenhagen for two seasons from 1992 to 1994, that he played 66 matches, and that he was voted as the very first FC Copenhagen Player of the Year in 1993)

David Nielsen (Striker - He arrived from Fortuna Düsseldorf at the age of 20, and made 108 appearances and scored 36 goals before leaving on loan to Grimsby Town, and then leaving permanently for Wimbledon. He was voted FC Copenhagen Player of the Year in 1999)

Thomas Delaney (Central Midfielder - He debuted at the age of 18, has only ever played for the club, and still does. So far he has made 138 appearances and scored 9 goals, and this season is his seventh season in the club. He was voted Danish Under-19 Player of the Year in 2009, Danish Cup Fighter in 2015, and FC Copenhagen Player of the Year in 2015)

Michael Johansen (Attacking Midfielder/Wing - Debuted at the age of 19, and made 137 appearances and scored 16 goals before leaving for Bolton Wanderers. He's the twin brother of another FC Copenhagen legend, Martin Johansen)

I know that some of the positions have more players than you ask for, but I simply couldn't decide :p And again, if you need any more info on the players, for example other playable positions, just let me know and I'll try my best :)

William John Charles, CBE (27 December 1931 – 21 February 2004) was a Welsh international footballer who played for Leeds United and Juventus. Rated by many as the greatest all-round footballer ever to come from Britain, he was equally adept at centre-forward or centre-back. Due to his height, physique, and strength, he excelled in the air, although he was also a prolific goalscorer with his feet, due to his powerful and accurate shot. Despite his size, he was gifted with good technical ability and passing ability, which allowed him both to score and create goals. He has since been included in the Football League 100 Legends and was inducted into the Football Hall of Fame.

He was never cautioned or sent off during his entire career, due to his philosophy of never kicking or intentionally hurting opposing players. Standing at 6 feet 2 inches, he was nicknamed Il Gigante Buono – The Gentle Giant. He would have been 84 today! Happy Birthday to John Charles.

JC_zpsj0togofx.png

Butcher made his debut for Ipswich against Everton in the First Division on 15 April 1978 and over the next eight seasons would establish himself as the club's top central defender, combining leadership with great aerial ability and courage. This was soon noticed by England manager Ron Greenwood who gave him his debut in a friendly against Australia in 1980.

In 1981, Butcher was part of the Ipswich side that won the UEFA Cup under Bobby Robson and came close to their first League title since 1962, though they were pipped at the post by Aston Villa.

While playing for England in a vital World Cup qualifier in Sweden in September 1989, Butcher suffered a deep cut to his forehead early in the game. Butcher had some impromptu stitches inserted by the physiotherapist and, swathed in bandages, continued playing. His constant heading of the ball – unavoidable when playing in the centre of defence – disintegrated the bandages and reopened the cut to the extent that his white England shirt was red with blood by the end of the game. No one can deny his bravery and passion when playing for his country. Happy Birthday Terry Butcher, 57 years old today!

TB_zpsrstnq1zh.png

• 4 weeks later...
maybe finishing is to high

Ibrahimović has been described by ESPN as being "good in the air, tall, strong and agile, he plays well with his back to goal and boasts some of the best finishing, vision, passing and ball control around."Although he has been criticised for his work-rate in big matches, he has scored in some of the biggest matches in football including the Milan Derby in Italy, El Clásico in Spain, Le Classique in France, and UEFA Champions League and UEFA Euro Championship games against some of the strongest opponents in football.

Ibrahimović is the only player to have scored for six different clubs in the Champions League. Tactically, Ibrahimović is capable of playing anywhere along the front line, although he is most often deployed as a striker, or as a creative supporting forward, which allows him to provide assists for team mates.

Due to his prolific goal scoring and spectacular strikes, Ibrahimović is regarded by many in the sport to be one of the best players in the world and one of the most complete strikers of his generation. He has however been criticised for his aggression and rebellious character at times. In 2007, The Times placed him at number 44 in their list of the 50 hardest footballers in history. Due to his powerful shots and volleys from inside and outside the penalty area with both feet, his agility, acrobatic ability in the air, physicality, skill, finishing and technique, Ibrahimović has frequently been compared to Dutch legend Marco van Basten. Despite this comparison, Ibrahimović has stated that his main influence was his idol, former Brazilian superstar Ronaldo, whom he regards as the greatest player of all time.

I will be releasing this version which will be better than the 2014 version and more in-depth however due to the fact that I have to do it myself and also because of the practical impossibilities, to get the game out in a reasonable amount of time, I will not be adding too many teams to what was already included in a very in-depth 2014 version. I will try to do as much as I can but also there seems to be less interest and interaction from when I did the 2014 version as well. The amount of work needed is a colossal amount for one person. So your support is very important to me.

I really do appreciate any feedback and support from the community as you are the reason I do this, to give something back and show my appreciation to the game. :thup:

Hey Fenech, I loved your 2014 version, excellent work you did and your efforts on this database for 2016 is much appreciated. I eagerly await the release of this.

Thanks mate, I really appreciate the support. :thup:

The 2014 version was the best FM database I've ever played. I struggled to play FM15 in the latter days because it felt so stale and didn't have this epic database to spice it up!

I'm glad to see its making a comeback this year and I for one cannot wait.

I will be releasing this version which will be better than the 2014 version and more in-depth however due to the fact that I have to do it myself and also because of the practical impossibilities, to get the game out in a reasonable amount of time, I will not be adding too many teams to what was already included in a very in-depth 2014 version. I will try to do as much as I can but also there seems to be less interest and interaction from when I did the 2014 version as well. The amount of work needed is a colossal amount for one person. So your support is very important to me.

I really do appreciate any feedback and support from the community as you are the reason I do this, to give something back and show my appreciation to the game. :thup:

Fenech nice to see your back do you need anymore links:cool:

The 2014 version was the best FM database I've ever played. I struggled to play FM15 in the latter days because it felt so stale and didn't have this epic database to spice it up!

I'm glad to see its making a comeback this year and I for one cannot wait.

Thanks Mate! I am pleased to be bringing it back too. Hopefully I won't keep you waiting too long. :thup:

Really enjoyed the FM14 version and, I think, with the current match engine, this will play even better. Keep up the good work Fenech it is very much appreciated :)

I agree, it will be better the second time around, the game is now better, the editor has improved quite a bit as well which means big improvements all round. I really appreciate your support mate. :thup:

I am a Barse fans but I don`t think Messi deserve 20 dribbing,because your database have many former super star.Only in dribbing maybe he cannot do better than Matthias Sindelar,Garrincha and so on.we judge some player`s data have a differenet reference system. Zlatan`s finishing level is higher than Rooney or Torres,but can`t put on a par with Gerd Muller or Josef Bican,The highest level of finishing.According to him as a standard,we have too many 20 player, he have a embarrassed record in The Champion League,So I still think his finishing is`t deserve the highest level during the football history

http://spielverlagerung.de/2015/12/23/der-spielverlagerung-de-adventskalender-2015/

Maybe this can help. They analyzed 24 former world-class player, some of them very in-depth. It is in german though, but maybe you could get something out of it with google translator. You could pm me or ask the authors if you really want to know something. To get to the player profiles, just click at the graphic on the bottom and then click at the name of the player.

I am a Barse fans but I don`t think Messi deserve 20 dribbing,because your database have many former super star.Only in dribbing maybe he cannot do better than Matthias Sindelar,Garrincha and so on.we judge some player`s data have a differenet reference system. Zlatan`s finishing level is higher than Rooney or Torres,but can`t put on a par with Gerd Muller or Josef Bican,The highest level of finishing.According to him as a standard,we have too many 20 player, he have a embarrassed record in The Champion League,So I still think his finishing is`t deserve the highest level during the football history

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Well Zlatan is 23 and very much in his prime and when Zlatan was in his prime, his finishing was at a very high level, but I agree that 20 is probably too high for him when compared to the likes of Puskas so will bring it down a notch. :thup: