Club Invested 300m any ideas

Wondering if anyone has seen this before.

I was Barcelona working off an edited data base (Created a super league and gave everyone £1billion) So I was merrily spending a fortune day on day and then got a message saying that due to the current excellent financial status of the club the board have decided to invest (I think that is the term used) £338m towards the long term future of the club. This reduced by bank balance and appeared as a debit on the bank account. Now it made no difference one way or the other but im wondering if anyone has seen this happen before and what happens to the money down the line.

cheers

its to stop the £2 billion cash problem... it goes into a "reserve investment fund" and i think, if you do get a lot poorer, then they can access it in future, but i dont know for certain

Cheers guys, thanks for the info. I remember reading about the 2billion bug but assumed that it was just patched. To be honest if they had waited until the transfer deadline I was going to put one hell of a dent into the bank balance, spent over 600m. Strange thing is though that non of the other clubs actually bought that many players other than one's to replace the one's I bought.

Any hoo thanks again.

Cheers guys, thanks for the info. I remember reading about the 2billion bug but assumed that it was just patched. To be honest if they had waited until the transfer deadline I was going to put one hell of a dent into the bank balance, spent over 600m. Strange thing is though that non of the other clubs actually bought that many players other than one's to replace the one's I bought.

Any hoo thanks again.

it cant be patched since it is in the programming. I think it has got to do with something like the binary code can only have a certain amount of digits or something which makes the finances only going to 2bil and then after this, the code repeats itself again which will give you a negative number. To change it, there would need to be significant reprogramming of the game

from my computing a-level expierence (i didnt learn much else) the highest binary number that can be represented is 2billion something or other (i cant remember the exact number) anything other than that causes problems and usualy goes into a negative

its not a bug, its just the way it is

theres no way to patch it as such, and what SI have done is very clever in trying to avoid this so called "bug"

to be honest, its very unrealistic a club should generate that kind of money

The largest number representable by a double (as I suspect the data type of the balance is in the game) is 2^(32-1)-1=2,147,483,647. If you add one to that number, it overflows (it becomes a 33-bit number) and ends up being the largest negative number, which is -2^(32-1)=-2,147,483,648, which happens to be the bug.

Wondering if anyone has seen this before.

I was Barcelona working off an edited data base (Created a super league and gave everyone £1billion) So I was merrily spending a fortune day on day and then got a message saying that due to the current excellent financial status of the club the board have decided to invest (I think that is the term used) £338m towards the long term future of the club. This reduced by bank balance and appeared as a debit on the bank account. Now it made no difference one way or the other but im wondering if anyone has seen this happen before and what happens to the money down the line.

cheers

Just happened to me in my game - I'm managing Liverpool. Using Australian Dollars, had some A$406 million go into a fund also.

Does this depend on the currency? I suppose it does.

For example using Australian Dollars, you'd reach a high amount sooner than using Pounds.

thats a good question. I wonder what would happen. i think it would happen no matter what currency that you used as soon as you hit the $2.1bill mark. Im not sure though

thats a good question. I wonder what would happen. i think it would happen no matter what currency that you used as soon as you hit the $2.1bill mark. Im not sure though

Then the question would be, what if you have £1b pounds in the bank, and you change the currency to Australian Dollars, you'd now be close to £2b?

I've never had a rich enough team to know this :)

Some currencies would get there far sooner. I know very little about different currencies, but there are some (Norwegian Kroner being one I think) where you would regularly talk in 10s of millions where you would not even be talking millions in English pounds.

One thing I wondered regarding the £2 billion "bug" (personally, unless it does affect other currencies where 2 billion would be a very realistic amount, I don't regard it as a bug because it is a totally unrealistic situation anyway!) - presumably you would oscillate between + and - 2 billion wouldn't you because if you spill over into the negative range your interest payments would be so huge you would instantly fall below the negative minimum and so overflow back into the positive end...or does the negative cash clip values rather than letting them overflow?!

Also I would have thought a 32-bit integer would be used or bank balance - no point using a Double since fractional bank balances are pointless.

on the other thread for this, people suggested that instead of a fund, the money they remove could be used in the game, eg set-up academies in brazil, africa, asia, etc to increase your youth system, etc, and i agree with this, as you're being rewarded for bringing tremendous success to the club.

however, i don't think that people should be rewarded for giving themselves money in the editor, and i include myself in this, because i've had super-money games too

I agree - if (in the game - not through using the editor, though that is people's choice) you get a bank balance that requires the game to reduce it, there are these possibilities:

1) Increase in stadium capacity (or new stadium)

2) Improvements in Training Grounds, Youth System etc.

3) For a future game - board can set up academies in other countries. You can then get youth players coming through from those nations. That would be quite cool (and realistic).

4) As at the moment there are limits on the amount of scouts, coaches you can have etc. This should be raised.

Archived