[FM15]Colchester Pride of Anglia.[Restarted]

setzel

Colchester Pride of Anglia

30kyiax.jpg

Manager and Game Setup

2mh67hg.jpg

Austin Aries photo is back (hihi) other than that Sasha Kastos on FM is a native and avid supporter of Oldham that is turning 34 in July.

2wnbn7n.jpg

I have went with a National A License and Semi-Professional rep to motivate me more and have as hard as possible start at Colchester . Chosed to put as much as I could in tactical since I can find coaches in lower leagues that are good on Attacking/Defending but not so much on Technical / Tactical side of the ball. Working with youngster and discipline are key factors for me when I am playing FM so I tried to reflect that too .

Game Setup

6nse4k.jpg

About 41.000 players loaded with 10 leagues playable some might wonder why I choosed Romania , well I am Romanian in RL so I will wish to manage at somepoint there too if I manage to complete all my goals with Colchester. Other than that standard French leagues for good players in lower tiers and Germany for some quality regens down the road I hope.

House Rules :

As some of you noted in my Plymouth career I tend to put some rules to further restrict me from having too much fun and just get pissed as often as I can.

I will have the following rules :

Keep Editor just for Editing Rivalries down the road IF necessary

No newcomer will have the biggest wage at the club max will be to match the highest earner at the club.

Sell before you Buy.

Youh Academy prospects get priority if a spot is open in the big squad .

Do not abuse the loan system .

Club Presentation.

14xjy14.jpg

In recent memory the club under Phil Parkinson managed to win Promotion to Championship in the 2005/2006 season , then Phil Parkinson left for Hull . Geraint Williams got the managerial job and let the U’s to a 10th position in the Championship in the team first year and getting the coveted title Pride of Anglia . However next year they finished bottom and back to League One where they struggled in getting any momentum to push for promotion again.

sutsv7.jpg

Karl Duguid the club legend is a coach at the U’s other then that unfortunately no other legends are in the backroom staff . Colchester has a big derby with Southend and with both big Anglian clubs in Norwich and Ipswich . Another derby is with Wycombe borned from the lower leagues clashes that proved to stir both fanbases.

b9gj2r.jpg

The fact that Colchester has no debts makes the club be in a healthy financial position that will make easier to push for promotion and keeping a squad together for a few years.If lucky a decent cup run in FA will make us manage to put some money for the next year .

Stadium and Facilities

2h52lvm.jpg

The Weston Homes Community Stadium was built in 2008 following the U’s promotion to Championship in 2006 , the stadium is a 10105 seater . It was built so in the future the U’s can expand the stadium to 18,000 . The record attendance was made at a game against Norwich in January 2010 , the attendance was 10,064.

15i9uet.jpg

The facilities for this level are great meaning that we can expect decent youth players coming from the academy plus what youth players we can snap from the Premier League clubs we can make sure they get the proper training to achieve their potential and help the club. Moving forward it will be financially hard to upgrade them but atleast for 3-5 we are in good shape. Only thing to upgrade in first year will be the junior coaching .

Squad Presentation

For my first season at Colchester I will try and keep a 23 man squad so I do not abuse the loaning system .

Goalkeepers

Sam Walker – The former Chelsea prospect will be our number 1 he is just 22 and with room to develop will be solid for a Championship team too.

Chris Lewington – Solid back-up for any League One club , I will look to give him 5-10 games this year too especially in League Cup.

Fullbacks

Ben Gordon – Another former Chelsea prospect that was signed from Ross County is our only natural left back in the squad but he is a good left back.

Sean Clohessy – The vice-captain and a very competent right back.

Tosin Olufemy – A young and raw wingback that can play both flanks will need a lot of training but I will be patient with him.

Central Defenders

Magnus Okuonghae - The captain good in the air and a sure tackler he is not a good tight marking defender but his speed allows him to cover this weakness at this level.

Tom Eastman – Another tall defender but while good in the air he lacks the speed to cover anything with speed.

Josh Thompson – As Tom tall and lanky just his major weakness is speed.

Frankie Kent – The big prospect at the club while his physique is not there yet he has quality for his age and room to grow into a good covering defender paired with a tall defender he will get plenty of games this year.

Center Midfielders

David Fox – The best midfielder at the club David Fox re-signed with Colchester after his time at Norwich his contract is up in the winter and this will be a priority to get him to a 2-3 year deal in the winter.

Craig Eastmond – Former Arsenal prospect will be a important piece in the midfield this year.

Sammie Szmodics – The youngster will get his fair share of games to see if he has the quality to remain for next year.

Byron Lawrence – An Ipswich town academy graduate byron is capable of playing multiple roles so his versatility will make him a workhorse from the bench.

Marcus Bean – The Jamaican midfielder will be a good defensive rock and will probably pair with Fox most of the games.

George Moncur - A loanee from West Ham his loan deal will expire in January so he will have to prove himself to have his loan extended till summer.

Alex Gibey – Academy graduate , Alex will get plenty of chances to further progress and help the club in the longterm.

Wingers

Drey Wright – Another Academy graduate because of his versatility and speed he will get plenty of opportunities

Sanchez Watt – Former Arsenal prospect will be our left winger for this season.

Gavin Massey – Consistency will be key for Gavin this year given that I will ask a lot for him tactical wise.

Dominic Vose – Another good versatile and young winger .

Strikers

Macauley Bonne – The young promising striker already linked with EPL clubs . He can play winger too because of his speed so I will look to use him in a variety of roles.

Freddie Sears – Last year goalscorer for the U’s is a bit underated in this year edition of FM , so he will either play winger/2nd striker or I will look to offload him for a decent sum.

Jabo Ibehre – Jabo played well the last season but I will look to offload him if possible he has a big contract and not the sort of striker I am looking plus his age.

Dan Holman – Dan was a goalscorer in the Conference for Braintree he is a interesting striker with good longshots so I will give him the opportunity to make a claim for the first XI this year.

Squad Analysis

The squad is decent for this League but nothing more the central defenders are inexperienced and I have a major issues with fullbacks I need atleast one signing in this deparment my strongest area is the midfield they give me variety and depth that I will not have to look for replacement the first year . If I manage to sell one striker I will look to loan somebody for depth purpose and give Bonne a lot of playing time same with Kent in the backfield.

Tactical

f2lqah.jpg

The tactic for this year and probably going forward will be a 4-5-1 based on counters and trying to be safe and solid at the back I will try Sears at Shadow Striker position in the pre-season if he will deliver I will keep that in my tactic if not I will rever to a normal Attacking Midfielder role and give Lawrence the chance to win that spot.

11w6i40.jpg

Preseason & Transfers

2zppg8w.jpg

We started the preseason as afwul as we could loosing to our u21 squad , after that we went for a 14 day training camp in East England playing in that time friendlies with Chorley Newcastle u-21 and Shrewsbury . The results might not be inspiring but we managed to give a good match practice to all the squad and we finished the preseason with no injuries heading to the Oldham game to kick-off League One.

nxs45i.jpg

We sold Jabo to Oldham for a measly 35 k but I was more than satisfied to get something in return and brought Yesil on loan and Hoganson. We manage to sell 1800 season tickets which I hope will mean a 5.000 attendance in avg this season which will ok financially too. We have to reject offers from Burnley on Bonne he got a little upset but a renewed contract made him stay at Colchestoer till 2018 . Next two games will be at Home against Oldham and Bournemouth in League Cup and will test our whole rotation and will show the early indications for a future and stable XI.

11w6i40.jpg

August 2014 Fixtures

bhlx53.jpg

League One Table

iegoxv.jpg

2a7sdpt.jpg

Month Review

We kicked off League One this year with a win against Oldham we had at a point a comfortable 2-0 scoreline then we almost blew it after Jabo the striker we sold them made 2-1 and a min 91 fantastic shot denied by the bar saved us the win. The Bournemouth game I changed the squad and put all the guys I wanted to rotate we played very good but felt short on a own goal late in that game , at Bristol no shocker we got trashed and the scoreline was generous . The next two games that brought us the maximum of points were dominated from the start till the end by us in a manner that made me hope if we sustain this we could reach December in a good spot to lurk outside playoff spots. We managed to get a draw with Posh but we did not deserve that one bit , our goal came via corner and after that we defended by any means we could to get that draw and that point. The position in League One at the end of August is encouraging if we can maintain form through October and November we can start asking ourself the “what ifs” , until then the goal to stay in this League and consolidate for the future is the goal. We lost Yesil and Thompson when we won against Notts both will miss atleast half of September but with the large squad and the rotation I will manage to bypass this injuries for now.

11w6i40.jpg

September 2014 Fixtures

96aiaa.jpg

League One Table

2rcad8h.jpg

2rrxutd.jpg

Month Review

September started with an away game at Dag & Red for J-Trophy , we went there with a first XI made uf of guys who played few minutes in August just so we can rest the guys for the important league games since J-Trophy is not considered by the board important long story short we lost and in an embarrassing way with only 2 shots. After that game I got cheeky enough and went to the board with two request , first was for a coaching badge for myself and the second was for improved junior coaching , both got accepted and in 4 months I will have a new coaching badge hopefully. League wise the first three games of the month were a hot mess leaking goals and blowing leads in the 2nd half , correlated with some injuries the squad was down to 18-19 guys when the Bradford game kicked-off. That was the pivotal moment of the month Wright got a hat-trick and we lost Watt for 3 months with a pulled hammy , while Massey stil injured for 2 weeks left us against Crewe with no wingers on the squad to put on the bench so Olufemi will do double duty of fb/winger on both flanks for about 2 weeks. We are 5 points behind playoff positions and 6 ahead of relegation zone putting us in a delicate position for October we need to find consistency in the backfield we are leaking goals like crazy and we cant a lot the rare occasions were we go berserk we usually win . Three away games are waiting for us in October against Preston Swindon and Scunthorpe , those games will test us and will tell me where this team will fight either to try and go up the ranks or to try and not get down the ranks

11w6i40.jpg

October 2014 Results

2yo4is5.jpg

League One Table

2cmpwfr.jpg

2rr1bo4.jpg

Month Review

Well the moth started with an affiliation with Swansea that will give us a nice pool for loanes when the injury bug will hit us . I am confident that the injury bug will hit us since I am not that lucky to get away especially in Dec-Jan when the fixtures are so dense. We got our draw for FA Cup which I think it’s pretty fair and will get one step closer to our 3rd goal that the board have set for FA Cup. As expected Preston just did what they wanted when they wanted and only scoring two is a proof that Walker is a top Gk in this league , the unexpected loss to Fleetwood was something I could not digest and it was not the score but the manner we lost the game we had 5 shots in total , which made me do some tactical changes for the game with 24th Scunthorpe at that time. The win over Scunthorpe was important for us but was a deciding factor in getting Wilcox sacked , oh well better him than me . After evaluating the league the past two months I know for sure we have talent to push for a better place but I am happy we are not in a relegation spot and the board seems happy with what I have been doing so im already looking for some reconstruction and some projects in some players that might be available in January it will all depend if we can sale something Sears being the prime candidate to be offloaded in January

11w6i40.jpg

November 2014 Results

s3exb9.jpg

League One Table

2vinucz.jpg

rw3q11.jpg

Month Review

The start of November was dominated by the important schedule in FA cup against Newport , but before that we manage to get a win home and a clean sheet ! That defensive showing was something I was looking to see once more in the FA Cup game but shocker Colchester defense went back to old habbits letting people open and gifting them balls to score , so at the half they were leading us 2-0 in an epic turn of events we won in injury time and qualified for the next round with no need for replay game. Crawley seems they might get crazy with a tycoon takeover impending that will send shockwave through the league and make them instant playoff contenders if he comes before the January transfer period opens. Of course we payed in full for our Fa Cup miracle comeback in giving 9 goals in 3 games and recording three straight defeats and loosing Eastman for the month . I am not proud to say it the defense is a mess and I don’t think a loanee no matter the caliber will do any help and since we don’t have a transfer budget and a tiny wage budget left I am not confident I will find a freebie worth it not even a veteran to nurture and play alongside Kent. Since I reminded about Kent he is progressing well and Bonne too , Byron Lawrence is the surprise training well and showing good potential in the minutes he gets . The negative surprise is the awful showing of Sears I had to bench him a few times he is just not adapting to my tactic in playing the shadow striker role and as winger is outperformed by youngster Wright. The big fixture in December will be the Fa Cup game against Kidderminster for a spot in the 3rd round in FA Cup a win here will buy me even more patience and get some cash influx to the club budget.

11w6i40.jpg

December 2014 Results

1zlyfl1.jpg

League One Table

o88eh2.jpg

iz282b.jpg

Month Review

We managed to get to 3rd FA Cup round and got a clean sheet rare thing this fall season , combined with a win at home against Rochdale we seemed to be on a roll and rising in the table getting away from the murky waters of the relegation battle .My hopes of putting a secquence of results were soon crashed wheny Yeovil whooped us by scoring 5 and reminding me why this defense is so damn atrocious the youngster Kent while progressing in attributes is playing subpar and in danger of being put on the bench in January. The FA Cup draw gaved us Blackpool eventhough its an away game they are struggling in Championship so I think we have atleast a chance for a replay at home and put some butts in the stands our home attendance has been this year atrocious about 3,000 average which is why this club is in danger to loose money this year. Crawley tycoon takeover never materialized that cheeky brazilian giving Crawley fans so big hopes just to pull away when the transfer period was about to start. Our last game in December was with Crawley which we draw and I can firmly say that the was was the most boring game Colchester played this season friendlies included. As January transfer period is looming on us I cannot hope that someone will be interested in our player or I can manage to make someone bite on the prices I will put on some players when I list them for sale . I have about 2 k in salary free and a lot of contracts up for renewal so not even freebies will be taken into discussion until we get rid of some players

11w6i40.jpg

January 2015 Results

2r53j36.jpg

League One Table

v7coe0.jpg

2rqoa9t.jpg

Month Review

The Blackpool game was the tone setter for this month that marvelous victory gaved us incredible confidence going forward not to say incredible luck in the FA Cup draw in getting a draw that had 2 non league conference teams battling for a spot to meet us in the end was Eastleigh . Come matchday again the defense was atrocious gifting them a 2-0 lead and surprise we had to dig deep and get the draw which gaved us a replay at home in February. In League One a lot of draws in the month of January not that our defense was good but rather the spark was made by Yesil who scored 5 goals this month . I wish we can manage for the love of almighty GODS of FM that we can protect a lead everytime we go infront the defense get complacent or a individual big time error gifts the opposition the chance to pull back the disadvantage. The topping on the cake was after the Leyton Orient game when Walker went down for 2 months, our gracious parent Swansea decided it’s a big no no to loan us their 3rd choice GK a 19 yrl old so instead of getting games in League One he will root in the u-21 squad playing meaningless reserve games. At the monthly awards gala Sears got Goal of the Month stil not enough to get him a contract next year

11w6i40.jpg

February 2015 Results

347d6jk.jpg

League One Table

2czu5c9.jpg

2cfe52d.jpg

Month Review

I will have no shame admitting that this month was only interested in FA Cup knowing that I can recuperate in March if we go to relegation battle. And again we had to be down 2-0 to rally and get the draw and finally the win via shutout crazy double with Eastleigh one which I will never want to repeat . Unfortunately the draw was not kind giving us Chelsea at Stamford Bridge we went there and tried to get a replay only problem Vilas Boas is targeting Fa Cup since they are 4th in EPL , so we got trashed and with our dreams crushed too. In league we won with bottom place Crewe and position neighbours Oldham getting us 6 good points and keeping us a good comfortable cushion against Scunthorpe. Drey Wright was the best player this month in League One the youngster showed great consistency and gaved some crucial assists in the wins we got this month.

11w6i40.jpg

Youth Intake

dopc0i.jpg

I have only gaved senior contracts to the first five player and from those 5 I believe only 3 can make the jump to the first squad in the future.

Lewis Hilton – The Tiptree native has potential and I think he can be molded into the small striker roled that is savvy and has deceptive speed with his exceptional work rate at his age I think he can accomplish his potential at Colchester.

Max Sailor – Here is the guy I can’t be decided 100 % on what route to take , I am intrigued by his size and mentals to go the MC/AMC route and make him our captain in the future and be like Gerrard maybe or go target man route and allow him to shot from every position possible. Stil undecided if to MC or keep him Striker

Emmanuel Amaefule – He lacks size but I was intrigued enough to try and develop him and let him play lower leagues in the future.

James Clayton – His versatility if developed will make him a decent squad guy to keep IF we manage to develop him

Noam Salomon - A winger that we can work to develop and combined with versatility and being from Colchester I will do my best to put him in the big squad in a few years.

Decent progress so far.

You mentioned that Scunthorpe (my local team) sacked their manager after losing to you. Well funnily enough, in real life he got sacked 2 weeks earlier than that. Mind if I ask who Scunthorpe's current manager is in your game save?

11w6i40.jpg

March 2015 Results

sl08xi.jpg

League One Table

5pg1fn.jpg

2415vk4.jpg

Month Review

The schedule for March was a favourable one for us having to compete against 3 teams that were in the murky waters of relegation . Rochdale and Yeovil were teams outside top 10 when the games were played so I felt confident that this month we could snatch 12 points . My prediction almost fulfilled but getting 10 precious points so late in the campaign got us out of the relegation area for good. Even a catastrophic streak for the last eight games and I know the chances of us going down are under 1%. Giving that we are three points from a top ten spot and with a schedule for April that gives us games with playoff contenders and teams that sitting in around our place with good results I think sniping a top 10 will be an achievement for us this year. We scored in the League this season but our defensive effort was BAD , know I don’t want to blame the guy but if I get the same defending next year I don’t know if I could handle it . So my main focus will be finding a great central defender for this league and getting Kent attributes wise to max his potential fast. The good new is that Sam Walker our fantastic GK will be soon available for selection following his nasty injury the back-up Lewington did his job but he shouldn’t be allowed to play so many games in this level like he did this year.

Decent progress so far.

You mentioned that Scunthorpe (my local team) sacked their manager after losing to you. Well funnily enough, in real life he got sacked 2 weeks earlier than that. Mind if I ask who Scunthorpe's current manager is in your game save?

Man whenever i see Scunthorpe struggling RL or FM bring me back memories from FM 07 :)

To respond to you request here is a screenshot

2ir5jwm.jpg

11w6i40.jpg

April-May 2015 Results

33z4fah.jpg

League One Table

2cglcn5.jpg

4qopw8.jpg

Playoffs Results

30kt53c.jpg

2rwkkkx.jpg

29wwq6o.jpg

53sj6r.jpg

143p0cn.jpg

Month Review

The final fixtures of the League One season showed that this teams has potential to grow for next year and has for sure a goalscorer who I will need to keep no matter what bids or who will try to unsettle him . Another bright spot this month was the professional debut of Sailor he played for the rested Fox as a deep lying playmaker in the Fleetwood game that saw Bonne bag 4 goals in that crazy game ended in a draw. Bristol surpassed Wolverhampton record from last year and won comfortable the league this year. The board gaved me a contract for a year eventhough I tried to negotiate some much needed wage budget or more backroom staff but in the end I just had to sign the contract with the two not being accepted by the board . We got some much needed cash from our participation this year in League One that will come in handy when I will try and get a bit more from the board.I have already decided that five players will leave on free from the first team giving me about 11,000 per week in wages to sign some freebies because the board gaved me a whooping 40,000 budget transfers and the only players with any actual value for sale I do not intend on selling this summer

11w6i40.jpg

Colchester United – League One 2014/2015

League One – Mid table position nothing more way to inconsistent to actually make a run to battle for a playoff position at any moment of the season.

FA Cup – Our highlight moments of the whole season the games in FA Cup brought a lot of drama and joy for the fans.

J Cup – Embarassing defeat in the 2nd round.

League Cup – A tought loss to a Championship team.

Finances – Healhty and putting some money into the bank

Transfers – Not much choosed to roll with the current squad and not abuse the loaning system

Key Players

Macauley Bonne – He was fantastic this year with his great pace and good versatility and with room to grow one to watch for the future potential to be a decent EPL striker.

Gavin Massey – The tone setter when he was on fire the team looked good too but he is stil inconsistent to be good at a superior level.

Sam Walker – You all saw how many goals this team conceded through January-March period , very good goalkeeper stil room to grow.

David Fox – Did what was expected out of him in the midfield and kept the team in games with his crucial through balls that were transformed in goals

Drey Wright – The whole reason why Sanchez Watt will be leaving us this summer , got his chance and never disappointed 11 goals and 10 assists .

11w6i40.jpg

Preseason 2015

ego20p.jpg

Transfers

Curtis Obeng – The 26 yrl old fullback was signed from our parent club Swansea will provide excellent back-up in both flanks.

Miles Adisson – A proven centre back in this league and with his addition we will have a good rotation in place and hopefully a better defense.

Anthony Wordsworth – The biggest signing of this transfer period and I’ve given him the armband too which proved to be a smart choice morale is at an all time high.

Cristian Ceballos – A guy I had to chase a bit to finally sign with Colchester the perfect man to play shadow striker room to grow and got him on a lengthy contract too , he will be my bet for this year for a quick sell .

Mesca – My reluctance to loan players meant that Mesca was not the first choice , we went hard on Paul Anderson and for a period I thought we had him but Bolton sniped him so I had to find something quick and the only winger I liked was Mesca so I loaned him with the option to buy for 150,000.

Preseason Review

The relegation of Ipswich to League One and the promotion of Southend meant this year we will have 2 very important home games which I will have to win. Massey won player of the year award by the fans just beating Bonne. This year we got 444k from the TV rights and with that we are in a healty position financially having almost 1 mil pounds in the bank is a huge deal for a club of our stature and with no debts. We were pitted against MK Dons in the League Cup atleast we play at home so we must try and advance one more round . Max Sailor made the first team he will play MC/AMC/ST and he will get his fair share of first team games while stil training to be a Deep Lying Playmaker tutored by David Fox I expect he will get a nice boost in experience and attributes this year and hopefully no injuries to derail his development. Speaking of the squad I will go in with a 23 man squad this year and stil with some wage cap available I will look in late august early September for a good left fullback that did not find a club to let Hoganson go on loan and get some healthy playin time since Gordon will not miss a lot of games he is the rock of that defense.

Thanks for the reply. As if we got Jens Lehman :O

Good luck for the 2nd season!

Thank you ! I was surprised too that Jensie tooked the job but he did well

Good luck next season OK?

I will try :) i will not promise to avoid failure :)

11w6i40.jpg

August 2015 Results

2ywfypd.jpg

League One Table

34h77d3.jpg

eqdpvd.jpg

Month Review

This month we just went full ****** mode and decided to be pure evil in offense and pure garbage in defense oh well we score more then we concede so I cannot be upset . We did a remarkable good Legue Cup run beating Mk Dons and almost getting a draw with WBA . In the process this month we broke a record in a game so mental that it had to end bad for us in some sort. Bonne broke his arm and will be sidelined for all September I fear , if this wasn’t enough Ceballos went down for 4 weeks the next game leaving us with a big hole upfront and lack of rotation combine with a huge fixture congestion had to get creative with roles and tactics to be able to put the best lineup possible with fitness and injury problems. Being top of the league after August is an incredible feat but the FA decided to give the manager of the month to rival Southend manager talk about adding fuel to the rivalry. September will start with a game against Cambridge at home in J-Cup which again will not be something I will pursue and such the result will not matter more interested in resting and getting some players back for next months since this is a WC year the fixtures will be hard to manage

11w6i40.jpg

September 2015 Results

21oa2aw.jpg

League One Table

11hayc9.jpg

2sbsnpf.jpg

Month Review

Another brilliant month by the squad eventhough we lost against Leyton Orient we had a great month and kept our top spot in the league with the crucial victory againt Coventry at Ricoh , we are already 6 points clear of the 7th spot that’s occupied by our rival Ipswich and Southend also lost a lot of steam in September falling to 10th . Of course injuries to our attacking players seems to be something destined in every month now first it was Yesil turn and because of his sprain Ankle we will likely see him in action early to mid November as that wasn’t enough Massey got a sports hernia 3 rd in 3 months (Vose Szmodics) crazy amount of hernias here at Colchester this season. Because I am unlucky in injuries I am waiting for the moment Wordsworth and Fox go down so we can implode like a submarine and drop places fast. Because we beat Cambridge we got Crawley at home next round in J-Cup and we loaned Holman to Forrest Green since he is useless and does not want mutual termination in any shape or form ( bugger). The guy I am the most impressed this start of the season is Byron Lawrence he played 4 positions because of our injuries and did great also has room to grow he will become a great versatile midfielder for lower to mid Championship teams which will mean I will keep him for a long time since I have a fetish with MC’s that can play on the wings too.

11w6i40.jpg

October 2015 Results

91jnrs.jpg

League One Table

1zqu136.jpg

xp106g.jpg

Month Review

While we started October with some key injuries we managed to have a rotation for the first two games in which we did good yet we lost in J-Cup via penalties to Crawley penalty taking isn’t our squad strong point . The poor showing versus Chesterfield made the squad play hearts out against Preston and especially against our rivals Ipswich in which Gilbey super shot from 20 yards rescued us a draw in overtime. Fatigue was a big issues against Rochdale and it showed we were poor in defense and missed bigtime in the offense but our relative inconsistent playing from middle October can be put on the injury of Wordsworth who went down with a fractured arm . As I said in my last month review I was waiting for this type of injury to one of my star midfielders because all this season I got hit by injuries to crucial players now I am waiting for another Walker 3 months injury. The last game of the month was the 1st spot Colchester versus the 2nd spot Swindon the win was delivered by an incredible long range shot from Szmodics , that goal gaved him the goal of the month award ending an overall good month of October !

*Bonus Clip*

11w6i40.jpg

November 2015 Results

1605m9.jpg

League One Table

okv5au.jpg

2hdwuhg.jpg

Month Review

Only 4 games in this month but November was a disappointment , inconsistency in all areas and concentration lapses on our defensive phase meant that when we got outplayed by the opposition we played bad and had no chance to get back into the game . When we played relatively good or very good we had no problem putting goals into our opposition net.Bonne got back to his scoring habbits in League One while Samed Yesil got back on the scoresheet in the FA Cup 1st Round against Hartlepool , I am glad that we have both our strikers healthy and scoring. The biggest disappointment this month was Mesca after a good start he is slowly showing why he couldn’t breach the Fulham big squad he is flashing but has no substance, trying to make him a super sub would work if this squad had a good left winger that will tactically fit my scheme , the only way I can try and use Mesca as a super sub is if I get Bonne to play left winger while Yesil striker but given both history of injuries I am not tempted to do that. Speaking of Bonne he got an award this month as the best young player of the month , which to be honest was a surprise but he scored goals so I think that counted a lot.

11w6i40.jpg

December 2015 Results

2pybalv.jpg

League One Table

fmqc0y.jpg

312eknl.jpg

Month Review

We had a crucial first game in the tie versus Burton in the FA Cup 1st Round and because it was away this game couldn’t be a easy one in the end we prevailed with a thrilling a 4-3 win facilitated by the double scored by Bonne who is already nearing the 20 goals mark.Speaking of Bonne he yet again impressed this month and he got awarded this time with player of the month award , I really hope his form continues in January too since we have a massive fixture in the 3rd round of FA Cup at home versus Bournemouth.Before our derby with Southen I got a surprising offer from the board which I accepted , it is truly pleasing to know my board is having my back and that I can continue revitalizing this club and changing the football culture in this town. The win against Southend was the max point of the month and the win was a desserved one dominating them in both halfs but we scored the two goals after they remained in 10 after the elimination of Parkinson truthfully said we should have had 2-0 until that elimination. Besides the big game vs Bournemouth in Fa Cup January will be another transfer period where I will have to fight off interest in our player while lookin for cheap deals on good players that are stil free agents , we have no transfer budget left and no big holes to explore that kind of transfer unless we sell players.

11w6i40.jpg

January 2016 Results

k52wdi.jpg

League One Table

hsmee8.jpg

1t9549.jpg

Month Review

Well January had it highs and lows , while the important goal of Sailor saw us advance in FA Cup , in League One we dropped crucial points to Fleetwood and local rivals Peterborough when not playing at home , we struggled in late October and early November at home now it seems our struggles are away from Weston Homes Community Stadium . Of course January was another month when a crucial player got injured this time was Ceballos ligaments and he will need to take a 2 month rest to recover hopefully in early March he is ready to go . The Bristol Rovers game in FA Cup was a huge financial bonus the match got televised and we got 140,000 for the tv rights plus the FA cup bonus after we dispatched them and advanced to the 5th round of FA Cup meaning that our balance is close to one million pounds , the draw for the 5th round of FA Cup was not great at all getting Spurs at White Hart Lane I am higly doubtful we can even get a replay at our stadium to get some more money to put into our balance. Being in 4th spot in League One isn’t a bad position the problem is that our main rival Southend is top of the league with 5 points clear and that is frustrating for the fans and myself seeing them make back to back promotion will be sickening and if Ipswich gains promotion too it will be just heartbreaking .The sketchy form in League One is mainly because of our FA Cup run since I had to wiggle with our first teamers to keep them fresh for the crucial fixtures in January . Transfer period was quite only Leicester sniffed at Bonne and late in the transfer period try to snap our young and gifted striker Hilton but the offer was low and had a lot of clauses so we had to reject that and because we didn’t sell anything we didn’t get to sign anyone

And the fact that I'm an Ipswich fan :D

Damn now you say ? I was ready to trash talk Ipswich anyway they sold McGoldrick and Skuse for peanuts to Wigan and Stoke since contracts were running out and they signed on free Tamas i laughed when i saw that :)

But i will take a Colchester/Ipswich duo promoting then getting Southend to Championship with Phil Brown as Manager

11w6i40.jpg

February 2016 Results

731p1v.jpg

League One Table

2eyxseq.jpg

4f9ro.jpg

Month Review

A game against Pompey got the month kicking which we somehow won I stil have no clue how with 40 percent possession and 4 shots on goal but ill put this one on how incredible Bonne is playing. We did try and rest some key figures against Yeovil to try and get a replay against Spurs in FA Cup, of course we failed miserably in both fixtures but we got some nice money in the coffers about 1.25 mil pounds after that FA Cup and about 1.1 mil pounds when February ended which in my opinion is a fantastic sum for a club of this level.Speaking of Bonne he has been an absolute monster and his wage is peanuts ! I don’t have an ideea on how much I can keep him around but he aint going for a sum below the one million mark.The late of February saw us get two crucial home victories against promotion contenders Leyton Oriend and against underachivers Coventry. Our trademark this season loosing to relegation position teams continued when we slumped a 1-4 to Sheffield United.March will start with a tough tough game against Tranmerre who are battling for a playoff spot and on the 15 th of March we get to host Ipswich Town in which I hope will see a packed Weston Homes Community Stadium and some extra cash so I can annoy the board in off-season with my cheeky demands

11w6i40.jpg

Youth Intake 2016

6f4b4k.jpg

Well another good intake , I have no ideea if this intake will be good that the players will play at the next level or not but I am pretty happy I got a GK that I can develop and he has some mentals I like a good player to have plus the striker who if I don’t develop ill try and sell him fast for a quick profit.

Dean Freeman – The small and fast striker isn’t really my type of striker in the current tactic but he has some incredible physical attributes for his age and hopefully I will manage to develop his technique attributes.

Calum Bannister – That name alone would have got a contract but letting aside that his 19 determination caught my eye and I think I he has potential to be a good Championship GK so if not starting goalkeeper atleast a back-up HG goalkeeper for a long time.

Andrew Jones – The small pocket midfielde has neither the technique to be a finesse passer neither the psysique to become a box to box midfielder so I am intrigued to see what Fox and Wordsworth can tutor to develop him.

Wayne Hooper – The type of striker I like tall and strong needs a lot of work to even become a backup striker but I am willing and have tutors to try and develop him

Romaric Cavill – I think he has potential to be a decent centre back in Championship so if we manage to nurture him this club will get a long servant in the future

Thanks guys , unfortunately i fried my laptop and i am trying desperately to recover atleast the game from all my HDD i had to buy another laptop , now my problem and question shall i restart this and fast play the first season with season update for that and then the 2nd season monthly updates i am to stuborn to start elsewhere if i continue to make a story here.

11w6i40.jpg

Colchester United – League One 2014/2015

League One - We started the season well then dipped to 17th and after that we just did our yoyo in the teens alternating good months with some crappy ones .

FA Cup - The big money FA Cup was a success after a difficult 1st round with Preston we managed to get in the 4th round a home tie against giants Chelsea and actually play some darn good football.

J-Cup- Nothing interesting other then we got smacked by Yeovil in the quarters.

League Cup - We encountered a Brentford team that was in-form and put five goals until half then eased the pace and allowed us to get two back

Transfer - Like the old save that went broke Yesil and Hoganson .

Finances - We are in decent shape but we need to be careful and get some money in the future

Key Players

Sam Walker - The goalie was superb and with a new deal signed he will be our started for a few more years.

Samed Yesil - The loanee from Liverpool provided spark upfront and we will look to loan him for another season

Ben Gordon- Excellent defending and good prodiving support in attack Ben showed why he is considered a very good fullback in League One

Frankie Kent - Frankie won the starting centre back job and played like a savvy veteran showing real improvment and that he is a solution for my longterm plans

David Fox - David was phenomenal when he played his fitness was a issue when the fixtures were packed but we had a good rotation to provide depth for David.

Youth Intake

Aidan Tomlison - A small midfielder who is a good dribbler , very interested in making him a playmaker but his passing is an issue.

Chris Scott - Chris has the natural gifts to be a tireless ball winning midfielder and this is what he is gonna train for and hopefully in two years breaks the first team squad.

Graham White- Now if my scouts are accurate he can be a helluva player for Championship level in that playmaker role and with his good heading and size a threat for the set pieces too.

Archived